1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. GenYHippie

GenYHippie Well-Known Member

Thank you OF i will PM you. I keep checking the sites daily for new sales so hopefully sooner rather than later i will have it in hand :).
  2. Yenny4rmtheblock

Yenny4rmtheblock New Member

So I just received my Magic Flight Launch Box today. I don't think I can ever go back to combustion. This is way better and the MFLB is so small perfect for my small hands. Any suggested accessories for a noob such as myself ?
  3. GenYHippie

Congrats! I dont have mine yet so no advice really but check out the tubing mod pic by paytonpenn on page 941 in this thread. Enjoy :)
    Yenny4rmtheblock likes this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Great news, thanks. If you think it's good now, lay off blazing in any form for a couple of weeks your lungs clear some of the garbage out and your sinuses stop smelling of burnt pot and see what happens......

And watch your weed bill drop like a rock. Seriously, most guys probably average 1/3 or even 1/4 what they burned up (not destroying THC with fire at the last instant.....). If an eighth used to last you a week you'll find you've got leftovers from two grams. Most guys move right on up to that top shelf, partake more hours per week and still save a bunch of bucks. To buy more vapes, of course.

By way of accessories, I suggest a better charger, a modest supply of batteries so you don't have to charge as often and these little guys:
    http://www.specialtybottle.com/1dramamberglassvialwblackcap.aspx

I like to bulk grind my bud (with a coffee grinder) a few grams at a time then meter it out in 1/8 gram (.12 to .13 grams) in each vial. The pre measured loads then go into the little 4AA battery holders (along with a couple of charged batteries). Fits easily in the pocket, makes for fast, easy use in the field. They sell clear and other colors of course, but I kinda like the amber personally.

Enjoy the little box, it's a great one for sure.

OF
  5. horst

horst Well-Known Member

I'll definitly experiment with that when my actual trench is done, tanks. :)

I am curios about this. I always scale out a .2g bud to crunch in the finishing grinder and can be sure to have it nicely fitting the trench without reaching out the even-area. the thick sticks of the bud remain in the FG of course, but i doubt these count in a lot in the weight. My herb has usually a 45-50% humidity.
    So you and others are using between .1g to .125g to fill the trench to even-loaded, also the official mflb-FAQ speaks about .1g each filling. Do you know the humidity of your herb?

I wonder if i have to find a way to get my herb even drier than now to enhance the vape or prevent resin building up underneath the trench.

Wow, i surfed weedmaps.com after the last vaping session and was found drooling in front of the screen by a mate 2 hours later. fantastic :tup:

My MFLB has the flower of life lid, but to be honest, sometimes i wish it had a clear screen. When lights are low it is really hard to see the status of your herb. But on the go, where you want to use the MFLB mainly for, it never is a problem, daylight seems always bright enough to light things up.
    But i am already thinking about a spare box in case of emergency and already ordered the orbiter and a dart stem out of curiosity. Be warned, it's a money trap :evil:

Thanks for the amazon-link. These things look exactly like the official abv-containers from mf. i wonder if they are the same... i already got one of the official ones but one isn't really helping. so really easy switch between strains i need at least two. I will search if there is anything compareable to find here...

Hi vertigo,

can you go a little bit more into detail how you ruined your boxes with qtips and ISO?
    I own my box a year now and it blowed through roughly an ounce since then. i used to clean the box once a month with qtips and iso and am scared to damage it when i continue this habit.

my process is als followed:
    I empty the trench and brush & blow it out as good as i can. I soak one end of the qtip full of iso and gently slide over the metal surfaces, giving it a bit more pressure on the rails where there is usually a bit of resin build up.
    Then i heat the box for 30 to 60 seconds and soak the other end of the qtip full of iso and get gently slide above the rails again. now the build-ups come loose easily and the bars are shiny like day one again.
    After heating up again for 60 seconds to let the iso go away cleaning is done.

Am I doing it wrong? Can i damage the screen with this behavior as well? The thing is, if i don't clean my rails regular, the resin accumulates really quick and all the loose trichome dust sticks to the rails.

Also noticed a shiny "lake" of resin through the trench on the wood beneath to the stem-hole. As said before i vape my herbs at nearly 50% humidity and wonder if i should change any habits soon to prevent damage.

Greetings,
    horst
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    Quetzalcoatl and OF like this.
  6. GenYHippie

Hahah yup i like to drool over the pics of the big jars sometimes. Ive still been checking the sales daily and none of the big name shops have the celtic tree on sale :( i think i may end up with clear for my first one i know i can get the tree on ebay for under $100 later if i want.

Also on the container thing its been said that dram vile's are the same size as AA's and are easy to carry your grind right inthe battery case :). Youc an find them on amazon or ebay for decently cheap.

ETA -
    Ok i did it! Decided to go with the PIU package with vapecase. Used the 4/20 code for the free finishing grinder since it saved more than the other options. I really wanted the one with etching but i wanted the best deal and a case and PIU had it. I can always get the etch one later. No one having a 4/20 sale had a good price an the etch i wanted o well. Why pay more for an etch when the package deal gets me more for my $. Cant wait for it to get here it will be great to be able to medicate more stealthy on the go :).

BTW anyone have measurements on the original size vapecase for MFLB? I cant find the stats anywhere? I figure it cant be that big since it doesnt have that extra storage underneath and the box is tiny.
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  7. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

Finishing grinder and Power adapter. Have fun!
    Yenny4rmtheblock and poonman like this.
  8. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

I have been using the orbital bubbler with the finishing grinder for a week now. The bubbler is such a tiny work of art that I find myself staring at the thing in a stoned haze.
    The finishing grinder is also very pretty and shreds the herbs really fine.
    It also seems to fluff up the herb.
    My only gripe is how the grind is spread all over the trench and the rails when I fit the grinder right over the LB as it was made to do. A little brushing to clear the rails and I'm good.
    Currently I have been filling the orbiter just enough to cover the shower head to keep the pull for THE LB light and tasty. When using the M. D.
    box I use more water as the vapor pours out in rush and a stronger pull is needed.
  9. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Who is selling the cheapest MFLB on 420?
  10. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

420 lowest deals are:
    VaporSeller.com for $83
    Sears (yes... Sears and Roebuck!) for $79
    Rakuten has it listed for $84 but I do not recommend trying them.

Incidentally, Sears added this item on April 4th.
    One Sears Official tells me that this has nothing to do with 420, while another says it has everything to do with it!
  11. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Very interesting. I wonder if this means Amazon will drop their ban and allow selling vapes again? I'm thinking maybe Colorado opened the door? However it happened for Sears, if it stays open there I can't see Amazon letting the sales get past them which will lower costs and fix lots of delivery problems?

Thanks for the info.

OF
  12. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Amazon currently allows the sale of MFLB batteries, MFLB water tools, MFLB whips, and supplies, Grinders, MFLB specific OEM grinders, MFLB finishing grinders, MFLB Power adapter... and there are a few sellers selling Launch Box Kits under other titles.
    Here is an example:
    http://www.amazon.com/Flight-6nqpg3o8ys-Launch-4hz4y3no3f5s-Cigarette/dp/B00J5WFBVC/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1397922452&sr=8-5&keywords=magic flight launch box
    He calls it a "#V74 Magic Flight 6nqpg3o8ys Launch 4hz4y3no3f5s Box Kit Scale Cigar Cigarette" and the search engine does the rest for him!

And for those that never used the word Vaporizer in the description, Amazon has right now about 20 vapes for sale.
    Vape at amazon
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
    nopartofme and OF like this.
  13. GenYHippie

It may not be the cheapest on the box alone but Puff It Up has great package deals with some accessories. I got the one witht he vape case waterpoof box and some extras for $118 plus the code for the free finishing grinder. If you use the 15% off or the FC code it brings it down more but you dont get the finishing grinder.
    Vitolo likes this.
  14. Tangerine Dream

Tangerine Dream Benny Vapelovah

Just wanted to show some love and my appreciation for this awesome vaporizer. I got my walnut when they first came out, so I'd had mine for quite a while. It's been my daily driver for by far over a year with "heavy" use and it's still works like new...

[​IMG]

This is my current setup. 9 mm beaker with the WPA (which are not even sold anymore), PA1, and look what I got to make sure I get as a nice grind as possible - a very nice pestle. Pestles over grinders any day of the week, every day of the week for use with MFLB, that's for sure.

A trench with the pestle I get almost 0.32 g, I always get very thick, nice cloud hits with the PA1 set at like 53%, sometimes a little higher and sometimes even at 42%isch. WhenI'm outside, in a car, whatever I hit it with native but I'm thinking about getting one of them wooden walnut stems to match it. I had the glass but I lost it fairly quickly.

Vapebonging like this get's me way, way, way higher than hitting a bong, joint, pipe whatever. Sometimes I have to hold onto something so I wont fly away lolz! Happy vaping.
  15. goatgobaahh

goatgobaahh Well-Known Member

Lovely setup! My only issue with vape bonging with the MFLB is I can't do a long continuous draw with it. So I take small short pulls from the bong to clear the window of MFLB. While I'm not sure if im doing it right (considering BDVs old videos) this method knocks me out everytime!
  16. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

If you're satisfied, you're doing it right. That's what I've learned from the old wise men here. My only knock on vaping wth water with this thing and the orbiter is i get lost in all the cords/whips..
  17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Agreed on that 'don't let anyone tell you you're not happy if you think you are' part.

As far as that 'getting lost in the tubing thing', sometimes that's not so much a problem as a feature? Not only can it be a pleasant distraction sometimes, but IMO that sort of stuff (oddball constructions) can be a nice part of the charm of vapes like MFLB and Vapman. Against them vapes like TVs, Persei, Solo and that bunch seem like heartless machines.

Nothing really wrong with machines of course (at least 'good ones'), but nobody expects them to have a soul......we want every one to be exactly like the rest.

Nice to have choices.

OF
  18. kente777

kente777 Member

Just got a PA for my (wonderful) MFLB. Used it a few times at 40-50%. This morning, tried inching it up to 75%, no power. I noticed as I was drawing, the green light on the power adapter dimmed. Turned it up to %100, instant power -- no dimming of power light. This happened one more time in the session.

Anyone know what the problem could be?
  19. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

It could be a rare faulty rheostat (dimmer mechanism).
    To make certain that the mechanism is clean, I have done the following:
    placing the wheel at lowest setting (unplugged), I blow canned air in the wheel area.. gently not with full pressure. I roll wheel while blowing steadily... slowly from bottom to top, and back again... trying to do so in one smooth motion if possible.. we are trying to clear any dust from the contacts.
    After you have done this, if it intermittently occurs, and interrupts service it would be time to contact the folks at MF to get their input.
    Vicki likes this.
  20. OF

OF Well-Known Member

A final reminder: If you'd like a free (and 'semi custom' no less) stem for your MFLB send me your name, address and length wanted by PM. It has to be under 6 inches and you have to be in the US.

My little 4/20 celebration (last year is was Solo rings.....). I'll make them up and mail them out sometime next week if all goes to plan. Looks like I've got to go get more tube anyway, so don't be shy......

BTW, Pak says they fit Flashvape as well, mine's out on loan so I can't check, but I think we can trust Pak......

Happy Easter to one and all.

OF
  21. Captain Comply

Captain Comply Wellness over intoxication

Hey there and happy 420 everyone! I need a little quick input as it is 420 and there are some great sales out there. I believe I have finally convinced my mom and aunt to buy a vaporizer today. Both are very light users in my opinion. And cost unfortunately is probably the most important point here. So please wiegh in.

I had suggested the Launch Box to them. They are in their 60s and aren't super good with technical things. I read a bunch of posts holy cow does this thread have a lot.

It seems like thier best option but I always like asking the FC community before making a purchase of something I've never used. Thanks gang:p Sorry I have to get back to Vaping.
  22. FlyingLow

FlyingLow Team NO SLEEP!

Tangerine~ It is refreshing to see I am not the only one using a pestle and muddling their herb to powder. I have been doing it for years and also found this to be the ultimate tool for producing the finest, sandlike material
  23. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

The LB is a good choice, and if price is your main or only consideration, an excellent choice...it represents easily the best value in portable vaping IMO. But because it has a bit of a learning curve (and after using one for three years, I still have my moments of technique fail) I'm not sure I'd recommend it as a first vape especially for folks who are "technically" challenged (not that any of it is technical, per se). Your mom and aunt might find the Solo an easier first vape....it has almost no learning curve, very consistent results, doesn't require juggling/recharging batteries, and while not as cheap as the LB, still represents excellent value. They would probably be fine with the LB but I think would have fewer technique/learning curve issues with the Solo.
    Buildozer and Captain Comply like this.
  24. kente777

kente777 Member

I would absolutely agree with this. I have both the Solo and MFLB. I love both, but in this case, I'd go with the Solo.
  25. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

So i got a little bit of hash for testing purposes. It's not rock hard as traditional hash can be. Is it ok to vape it with one of the concentrate trays? Which one should i take and how much aproximately should go in the tray? Thanks.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors