1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Meghan

Meghan Well-Known Member

Trust me, it's adorable (to my sensibilities, at least). The Maud-Dib I just ordered, however, is sexy. :love:

2. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

Yup.........agree with ya on the Maud-Dib. Saxxxyyyyy.

KInda like a Swiss watch design in a retro kind of way in the vape world. I like it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
    deadheadbill and poonman like this.
  3. fadgadget

fadgadget New Member

Sorry ive been having a good read of this thread but still struggling for answers to my concerns. I generally have too buy 'shit hash'. Its not 'Pollen', its not 'soft' its just 'shit'. I was thinking of buying a decent grinder along with the MFB. Would dust like hash have the desired effect? I dont have to grind it too much down )if at all)

Will the MFB be the portable vapour foe me (Weed free zone)

Thanks

also i noted that some deals comes with UK adapter. Is this any good for me? I do vape a lot in the house.

I noted these batteries too-

Maha MH-AA2700 re-chargeable 2700mAh 1.2volt AA batteries (4 pack)

Do i want these also thanks?

ps i have a battery recharger there somewhere. thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2014
  4. MindFork

MindFork Part-Time Toker

Yes, "cute" is the first thing I thought when I first saw the MFLB. I went ahead and bought one from ebay for $70 to play with while I wait for the Firewood 2.0 massdrop to finally arrive. The MF should be here by Thursday, and soon my desktop is probably going to be feeling lonely.

b0 and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  5. TwisteD

TwisteD Member

If my package arrives on time, tomorrow I will have my Power Adapter 2.0! I can't wait to try it. My warranty MFLB is on the way too... This will be a good month!

I asked them if I could dismantle my launch box after the new one arrives, they were cool about it, awesome customer service. No questions asked, no shipping charges.

Vicki and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  6. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

Yea, I'd say its pretty "cute" too. Even though my experiences with something like the Pax is that it's stealthier than the MFLB, the MFLB is definitely smaller than it. Think thats what catches most people off guard with the MFLB judging by just the pictures. Thing is tiny. The Pax is mostly more stealthy by virtue of it looking like either an MP3 player or another pen-like vaporizer used for tobacco products.

7. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Powdery hash or kief might clog your screen. If you use it, you'd be better off getting the concentrate tray (the one without the pad). Without it, I'd suggest using a bed of ground buds.

Those are great batteries, but be aware that they are HSD, meaning that they don't keep their charge for long. If you're using them daily, then that's not a problem, but if you're a once-a-week user then look for LSD batteries, which are the ones that come pre-charged.

8. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Ugh, I'm dumb and forgot the other video. The last video in the other post is the kief that would bubble up and melt onto the trench, I pressed it to make it easier to handle and put it on the naked tray. You can see it bubbling up nicely but it leaves a lot of residue (trichome stalks mainly). If I had some finer mesh than what my grinder has I could have just sifted the heads out from the stalks and had full melt dry sift.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014
  9. LazyIdol

LazyIdol Well-Known Member

So you guys use the nonscreened tray for grinder kief? Ive literally never touched my unscreened one but used to use the screened for concentrates. If so ill have to give it a shot. My little sister says she just throws the kief in the trench nothing special

10. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

That's exactly what I do. I've never used a tray for my kief.

KidFated., Quetzalcoatl and LazyIdol like this.
  11. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

That's also what I usually do, however if you notice the first kief video nothing really magical happens, but the other two were the kief that I said would bubble up and glue itself to the trench. I had to put it on the tray to vape it without messing with the trench and it gumming. So much easier to scrape and it got to bubble all nice :nod:

poonman and LazyIdol like this.
  12. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Member

Hello guys,

i think i want a vaporizer. Been reading about the MFLB a lot but one essential thing is still unanswered:

What is it with CBD cannabinoids and the MFLB ?
    I really want & need the calming effect of CBD.
    A lot of people say the MFLB cant get hot enough for CBD.
    Others say the MFLB is capable of combusting.

I know its a matter of draw speed but can you guys tell me how to get out ALL the cannabinoids for sure ?

I like the little wooden box but i dont want to risk a psychosis by inhaling nearly pure THC without the counterparts cannabinoids.

is the MFLB the right vape for me?
    is vaping right for me ?

thx

13. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Well. First off, I can guarantee you won't get psychosis from using the MFLB.

That being said, you don't seem too familiar with vaping technique etc. So, I would recommend one of the more automatic portables like the Solo or the PnP over the MFLB. There is a lot of technique with the box and while it was my 1st vape, I never got good use out of it until I used a few others and then returned to it determined to master the tek.

Herbal Ant, KidFated., OF and 6 others like this.
  14. pakalolo

I don't know these people who say that the LB doesn't get hot enough for CBD, but next time you see them tell them that I said that they have no idea what they're talking about. You can definitely hit combustion with the LB and this thread has numerous posts describing this.

Your concern about getting only pure THC is misplaced. No vapourizer, even one with excellent temperature control, will deliver pure THC vapour. Vapourization isn't binary. Watch water come to a boil. You'll see steam rising long before it reaches 100°C. In the same way, this means that at any given temperature you are getting a mixture of components that includes a percentage of those with higher boiling points. In other words, even low temperature vapourizing yields some high temperature components.

deadheadbill is right about the learning curve, however. For almost the same price these days you can get a Solo, which has temperature control and is easy to learn. On the other hand, learning the LB isn't that hard either.

15. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

There's no way in hell that you could have convinced me of that a year ago but then screwing in light bulbs is a challenge for me.

16. pakalolo

I remember that. I'm still puzzled about how that went down.

lwien and RUDE BOY like this.
  17. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

I think he's Mastered it ,
    his place is Well Lit .....:brow:

KidFated. and deadheadbill like this.
  18. lwien

lwien Well-Known Member

The finishing grinder made all the difference in the world.

19. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Member

So you guys recommend buying a Solo?

OF likes this.
  20. pakalolo

I don't think we have enough information to make a recommendation, but this isn't the place to explore that. This is the LB thread. If you want to investigate the option, you can visit the Solo thread (which has passed this one in size) or you can search for similar threads in Ask FC.

deadheadbill and Vitolo like this.
  21. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I sure would, even if you already have a MFLB. And have a number of times.

If you are indeed 'new to vaping' then by all means consider Solo or some similar temperature regulated vape. Over MFLB, VG, Cera LL and a bunch of other very nice machines that depend on a skilled operator for results.

You've got plenty to do exploring vaping. Get a vape that 'does some of the hard part for you'. As your understanding and skills grow then you can consider a more 'hands on' tool.

OF

Kief, deadheadbill and b0 like this.
  22. pakalolo

Thanks for your kindness, but my post was intended to head off that discussion in this thread.

Vitolo and OF like this.
  23. KidFated.

KidFated. Good Things Come To Those Who Chill

Well Pak, lets all start looking for my walnut stem. Its been missing a week and i dont wanna turn it into a body recovery mission.. Shes still alive out there somewhere.. But i gave in and ordered a maple stem and a cherry stem. I really dont wanna have to buy a new walnut stem, Please help!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
    Lokbok and pakalolo like this.
  24. Lokbok

Lokbok Active Member

I was considering buying a wood stem just cause (don't really need it for the durability since I mostly vape at home), was wondering if theres anything outside of the durability that makes it better than a glass stem. I had a wood stem for my Solo and it definitely added some flavor, but didn't ever use it to the point of it needing cleaning. Are they difficult to clean or even require it?

KidFated. likes this.
  25. Meghan

Meghan Well-Known Member

I've finally mastered the technique. In related news, I never want to be without a MFLB again.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors