• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herbal Ant

Hi all.

I got the PA 2.0 for my MFLB a couple of days ago and it´s doing quite well. Only thing that Im not completely satisfied with is the fact that it doesn´t work on the highest setting.
When on the highest setting (and close to it too) it will not work and instead it makes a "click sound", coming from the part which you insert into the launch box without any heating taking place at all.

Anyone know why this is? Im from Denmark and had to buy a transformer (uk male to danish male stick) in order for it to be plugged in. Don´t know if this might have anything to do with it?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Mine is the same way, the largest dot has to be sitting just above the wood on the - side, can't be any higher or it makes that weird noise. I believe this has been talked about before in this thread, I'm not sure if we were ever given a reason it does this. I assume the noise is some sort of fail safe kicking in to prevent the dial from going past the temperature they wanted it to max out at. If it got any hotter the box might combust itself I imagine? Not sure why they didn't just use a dial with less range, maybe the larger dial provides a wider range of temperatures. Although cutting it off at the end kind of defeats that purpose... Idk why they wouldn't try and improve it so they could use the full dial and make the temperature range even wider. Maybe it wasn't possible, they thought it unnecessary, or maybe it's a defect. Been using mine for about 6 months now, pretty much everyday, still goin strong.

Last edited:
Herbal Ant,

KidFated.

Unknown Member
People have noticed that as well, i dunno if you'll want a replacement, but i do believe most eventually fail if they have that high end power cutout issue. Dont quote me, just trying to remember what I've read

KidFated.,

rudy420

I just got a mflb 2 days ago and this was the 1st time I vaped herbs. I found that the instruction book, videos and the discussions on FC made it easy to use and I was surprised how effective it was and how little you could smell the weed when it was vaped. The 2nd day I used it it did the job but I I noticed the ash was black rather than brown that there was a more noticeble odor and I cough some. Clearly some combustion took place and though I thought I was controlling the temp with the rate of my draw (both using constant draw and sipping technique) and the timing of my draw ( 5-6 sec after the light went on) as I did the 1st day. The other variables were a different strain of weed ( all obtained legally in CA) and a different battery. I know that the various chemicals vape at slightly different temps and was wondering if certain strains might do better in specific vaporizers. Does anyone have a specific strain or type of weed that they use in their MFLB?
I bought it with the power adapter but since it also came with 10 fully charged batteries I havn't used it yet but will use it today with the weed that conbused to see if it is more reliable than the batteries and easier to controll the temp.
I did have trouble getting a fine grind(I have a cheap plasic grinder) and alter 3 hits I regrinded the weed and put it back into the trench.I hate to spend $36+ for the finishing grinder but if it the only way to get a really fine grind that will be my next purchase.

EveryDayAmnesiac

I found great success using the Finishing Grinder. It's a little pricey, but really handy too. The grind it gives is absolutely perfect for the MFLB, in my opinion, and I also got much, much better results with it than without it.

There are other ways, but... I really like the Finishing Grinder. Plus the fact it can sit right on top of the MFLB is pretty cool. It's a neat little accessory and it's always good to support the folks of Magic Flight.

Last edited:

sundaddy

Might have to pick one of those up, it's one of the few accessories I don't own... that, and the pipe whip, oh, and a wooden stem. It is cool looking. I watched the video on their production, very cool!

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I think you are waiting too long before starting to draw. With a fully charged battery, I too would probably risk to combust if I waited that time before drawing.
That's only a personal observation, but maybe try waiting only 3-4 seconds, it might make a difference.
I wait about a second before I start drawing. 5-6 seems too long to me!

Ano

FC Lover
In fact I can't even think of waiting that long.
With a fully charged battery, if I wait 10 seconds without drawing it simply reaches combustion (sadly tested and verified a few times when sharing my Box with my unexperienced friends).
I guess my box is calibrated a little too high on the temperature side.

poonman

I just got a mflb 2 days ago and this was the 1st time I vaped herbs. I found that the instruction book, videos and the discussions on FC made it easy to use and I was surprised how effective it was and how little you could smell the weed when it was vaped. The 2nd day I used it it did the job but I I noticed the ash was black rather than brown that there was a more noticeble odor and I cough some. Clearly some combustion took place and though I thought I was controlling the temp with the rate of my draw (both using constant draw and sipping technique) and the timing of my draw ( 5-6 sec after the light went on) as I did the 1st day. The other variables were a different strain of weed ( all obtained legally in CA) and a different battery. I know that the various chemicals vape at slightly different temps and was wondering if certain strains might do better in specific vaporizers. Does anyone have a specific strain or type of weed that they use in their MFLB?
I bought it with the power adapter but since it also came with 10 fully charged batteries I havn't used it yet but will use it today with the weed that conbused to see if it is more reliable than the batteries and easier to controll the temp.
I did have trouble getting a fine grind(I have a cheap plasic grinder) and alter 3 hits I regrinded the weed and put it back into the trench.I hate to spend $36+ for the finishing grinder but if it the only way to get a really fine grind that will be my next purchase.

You should try the PA you purchased .
I find it helps in reducing your combustions , once you've found your sweet spots .

You can always dry out your buds and use the finger/thumb method . Also put your weed in a pill bottle with 2 nickels and shake hard , that also works .

2 Paces

In fact I can't even think of waiting that long.
With a fully charged battery, if I wait 10 seconds without drawing it simply reaches combustion (sadly tested and verified a few times when sharing my Box with my unexperienced friends).
I guess my box is calibrated a little too high on the temperature side.

Another thing to consider is the age of the box. When I first got mine, I couldn't wait very long at all before drawing. After much use, now I have to let it heat up about 8 seconds before drawing to get it really producing.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
@rudy420, I agree with @poonman. Use the PA to get used to the box and how your draw affects the temperature. If you set the PA to slightly less than half power, you will rarely combust, if ever. You'll find that at some point, controlling the LB will become natural and you'll wonder how you ever reached combustion. Basically, you'll develop a sense of the temperature from the heat and taste of the vapour. He's also right about the cheapest way to get a really good fine grind for the LB: a couple of coins and a pill bottle, add some elbow grease.

I don't think there are vapourizer-specific strains. Drier and finer is better, and no vapourizer can make low quality material better. I've not found a strain that my LB had any trouble with, nor do I expect to.

KidFated.

Unknown Member
I've been drawing based off of heat feedback, but I've been learning each stem cools differently so you gotta minorly adjust switching out each stem, very minimal though I've found

KidFated.,

rudy420

Thanks for all the feedback. I used the pa yesterday and set it for 3/4 power and using the 5sec wait the herb combusted and I could see the combustion on the trench. After that I set it at 1/2 power and was able to vape the rest of that trench and another w/o any promlems.
I can't see the vapor in the stem hole but was able to see it with the whip.However I find it is still necessary for me to feel the heat of the vapor as I draw to regulate the temp so I still prefer the native draw.

rudy420,

Qatmaster

Paka, got a diff qu for you. What's the big deal about the MFLB? It seems like such a "pipe"like critter, and yet it gets ongoing raves from all kinds of ppl who consider it in the same league with the volcano, for what the mflb does. what the hell does it do so well to get such raves and ongoing reviews in the face of far more techie devices? It's got a whole forum thread of its own! If I owned one, I would read up on it, but I don't. I'm just curious why it is such a perennial fave. What IS its magic?

Qatmaster,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

meek420

Walking the earth
I've been using the mflb for a week now.

What started as me borrowing my friends mflb quickly turned into me ordering my own and using it as my primary piece.

I bought a pax to compare, before I ordered my own mflb. I sold the pax on eBay as I'm way more interested in usa made life time warranty and speed and size and simplicity. Had to clean that pax so often and load so much just wasnt worth it.

I don't have a grinder as I've been very successful with a pill bottle and a nickel.

So easy and simple (just like the mflb), if you don't want to splurge on the fine grinder just use a clean pill bottle add herb and one nickel then shake vigorously for twenty seconds and wa la, perfect grind for the lb on a poor man's budget.

So impressed with this I'm considering a power adapter and concentrate tray.

Hope this helps

meek420

Walking the earth
Are the ct's good for kief?

Does anyone do kief by itself in the mflb

I gotta pick up tha pa and ct's asap!
I opted for extra batteries before the pa. I can't force myself to fork over all the dough for it

Last edited by a moderator:
meek420,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Paka, got a diff qu for you. What's the big deal about the MFLB? It seems like such a "pipe"like critter, and yet it gets ongoing raves from all kinds of ppl who consider it in the same league with the volcano, for what the mflb does. what the hell does it do so well to get such raves and ongoing reviews in the face of far more techie devices? It's got a whole forum thread of its own! If I owned one, I would read up on it, but I don't. I'm just curious why it is such a perennial fave. What IS its magic?

Lots of vapourizers have threads of their own. ;) I think you might be stretching it a bit when you say people put the LB in the same league with the Volcano, but I get your point. Perhaps the aspect of the MFLB that I admire most is the elegance and simplicity of its design, but that came after I bought one. I got it because I wanted a portable, the price was excellent, and it had the most remarkable warranty I've ever seen. I think those things appeal to a lot of people.

The LB is small and stealthy, and does its job well if you learn how to use it. It's a power-on-demand device, meaning that it only heats when you are taking a hit. That's a huge plus for me. It has great flavour, although it isn't pure. The LB adds its own slightly woody taste to a hit, which I find pleasant. I can extract everything out of a load with the LB, and it doesn't need a large load so it helps stretch my stash.

Some people see one or more of those points as detriments. If you need a quick, large hit, the LB probably isn't for you. Not everyone is willing to accept the minor flavour that the LB adds. There are those who cannot or can't be bothered to learn a good technique. On the other hand, every head shop I've visited in the past few years has told me that the LB is by far the best selling vapourizer, and they get few complaints. I don't know if I've answered your question, though. I think you probably need to try one for yourself.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I have 8 batteries, but with tha ct's, ill want a PA. And i think kief is good on the solids tray. @Quetzalcoatl can correct me if need be
I've had to put kief on the solids tray once because the kief would just melt like really good bubble hash, clear domes and everything. Otherwise yeah I just use kief in the trench.

Quetzalcoatl,

Anomaly

I love my MFLB. So much so that I bought a backup also; turned out to be a great decision, since the screen on my first decided to peel off the rails. Warranty replacement in the mail! What an awesome company.

Recently got the PA also, and I'm having some issues finding my ideal settings. I'm combusting every 3rd trench, and still haven't gone above 50% power. Could be my technique, could be my box is hot, could be the PA itself... any suggestions on how to nail down what it might be?

EDIT: have another question. Often, a thin layer of my herb gets stuck to the screen, and refuses to dislodge without either a forceful knock against a stationary item (desk), or direct contact (stir rod). I don't like opening the cover or scraping the screen with a metal rod, so I've been knocking it against my desk. Could I be doing harm to the device?
Or does my answer lay in the root cause, the stickiness. Is my herb sticking because it's still too wet?

Last edited:
Top Bottom