1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

One day I accidentally smashed the screen all the way to the bottom of the box, twice, and my box is totally fine still... I'm sure I got lucky but IMO it's pretty flexible, and stronger than it seems.

I haven't used the box for many concentrates.. But since you can access the mess to wipe it up, I would think it would have less of a fouling issue than a MFLB.. Maybe the reason for the black (paint? dye?) coating is to keep the oil from absorbing into the wood?? Have you been wiping it down, and still having odor issues? I would just use a Q-tip.:shrug: I don't know what else you could do.

Considering how the screen can get glowing red, you can just do a burn off and carefully brush it off.. I haven't tried, but I would assume that Bubble is a no-no.. And it just sounds ridiculous to try and load Keif in something that tiny that can glow red hot.. I don't really see Shatters being much of an issue, regarding the screen.

I personally enjoyed the Kava, but I would prefer to drink some.

I totally forgot this thing was called the Maud-Dib.. that's probably gonna take me a little bit to get used to.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

The memo was not literal I guess, I read the same stuff you (and others) did I assume. I read it as testing the idea of marketing Kava, complete with web links that didn't work. I read up on Kava and tested that aspect rather than the tool. I had no useful input for them, who knows I might have otherwise had I not taken it at face value. Thinking the test might still be ongoing, I stashed the rig somewhere would not have thought to 'contaminate' it until the all clear.......which I guess just happened?

Thanks for the insight, I hope they got what they wanted from the Beta testing......

OF
  3. MileHighLife

MileHighLife i eat hippies

That's funny ... I was wondering why you had said you "think" you have this unit.

Although I don't see myself using it as my go to oil device I think I will have to get one of these when they go on sale.

How's the flavor of the hit beta testers?
    OF likes this.
  4. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

I only used the Kava in the beta box, and I didn't really care for it.
    OF, Quetzalcoatl and MileHighLife like this.
  5. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Wow, the power of suggestion. I loved the taste and the effect of the kava concentrate and was trying to get more...to no avail.
    My buddy came over witth some oil, I said what the hell try the kava box. I set him up with the pa and the whip he waited until he saw vapor and pulled too hard and saw God as he tried to exhale.as smoothly as possible. He has had my maudib box for a month . Now he can get his own.
  6. Breathemetal

Breathemetal Well-Known Member

WTH does Kava even do? I though it looked sorta gimmicky.
    I see it a lot in headshops around here in some sort of liquid shot form
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

You and me both, Lady! Not my cup of tea either I guess. I too assumed that was the test, not the new box. Being the sort I am, I got hung up following directions (again) and never considered using the test box for my own uses until released in the Beta testing (which I'm not sure has happened???).

Be fun to see where this goes. Interesting variation on the Dabbler/KISS/Revolution/DART theme? I'm still a little worried as ever larger 'dabs' of "what I can get" are loaded......time will tell.

Thanks for the post, I feel better having the company.

OF
    Vicki likes this.
  8. elgringosteve

elgringosteve New Member

Magic Flight have now brought out a mains converter for home use.
    I was lucky to get hold of one recently and its temperature control is really accurate. Great for various substances and comes with car lighter adapter. Very well made as expected from MFLB. Highly recommended.
  9. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

I really need to burn off every tiny little bit of that Kava so I can try some wax in it! :nod:
    OF likes this.
  10. daverus

daverus New Member

11. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

I like how the beta testers come out of the woodwork now. I understand confidentiality agreements, but to come on here and flat out state that you are not a beta tester and know nothing about said product is a little shitty in my mind.

Keeping silent is one thing, but to blatantly lie rubs me the wrong way. Sorry dudes.

On a more upbeat note. My MFLB got a full workout at the family Christmas party yesterday. Paid for itself in one day. :)
    Highplanedrifter likes this.
  12. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I think you're referring to @Vicki's comment when the first pictures were posted. At the time it was not obvious that this was the release version of the Kava version that we tested. She did not lie, she just didn't realize what it was. I know this because I sent her a PM pointing out the possibility, which she said had not occurred to her.

Calling another member a liar, even indirectly, is against the rules. In this case it was obviously ill-advised since you did not have all the facts. Please be more careful how you phrase things.
    axakal, OF, Vicki and 1 other person like this.
  13. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I applaud all BETA testers for sticking with their NDA (non disclosure agreement given by Magic Flight), and for STILL coming in here and posting as though "today were no different/business as usual"
    Their absence in topic, and attempting to avoid topic partially would have stuck out like a sore thumb. Best thing to do is stay in the thread and participate!
    JOB WELL DONE!:tup:
    Most did not know the Black Box would be a release version, and thought the box would look like the standard MFLB box.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  14. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Nope, was not calling Vicki out. Would not do that. There were multiple people who did the same. Just putting my thoughts out there. If I broke the rules, I apologize.

Edit: I specifically apologize to @Vicki if you thought I was calling you out. :(

Double edit: I will never post anything to intentionally hurt another person. I do sate my mind sometimes when maybe I shouldn't however.
    pakalolo and Vicki like this.
  15. pakalolo

Send me a PM pointing out the posts, please.

Edited to add: This should end this discussion in this thread.
    deadheadbill and Vitolo like this.
  16. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

I'm so sorry if my original post regarding the new concentrate box was misunderstood. That was not my intention! I honest to god did not know that this new Maud Dib box was the final version of the Kava box that I tested. I need to pull it out and take a picture of it so people can see how different they look. I'm so sorry!! :(

Plus, I was an idiot, and thought it was only for Kava. I hated the Kava so much, that I finished the beta testing, and haven't touched it since.

I'm gonna go take a picture now!! :nod:
    Vitolo, OF and deadheadbill like this.
  17. pakalolo

To be clear, and since @OF seemed to think some of us jumped the gun using it for concentrates other than Kava, I didn't try anything else in it either until it was confirmed that the MD was released.

I kind of liked the Kava once I got used to the odd flavour. It had a mild but noticeable pleasant effect on me.
    Vitolo, Stu and Vicki like this.
  18. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

Here is a picture of my Kava beta test box. As you can see, it looks nothing like the final version, and it quite primitive. There isn't even a light in this box.

[​IMG]
    axakal, OF and deadheadbill like this.
  19. pakalolo

There's no light? :doh:

That explains why mine doesn't work.
    OF and Vicki like this.
  20. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

LOL, yeah. I couldn't figure that out for a while either. This is really a bare bones box! Maybe the final version has a light. Or, maybe they felt the light was unnecessary? :shrug:

I just used my PA 2.0 to burn off the Kava. but I can still smell it. :puke:

Gonna load some wax in it here in a minute and see how that goes, and tastes! :)
  21. pakalolo

I bet there's no light, since that was an annoying point of failure. I think having the tray turn red hot in 3 seconds is probably clue enough that it's working.
  22. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

You're probably right. I still trip out how red hot this thing gets with just a battery!

I just loaded up some wax, and took a big hit. Definitely still some Kava in that tray. I am still coughing stuff up, but I expect that as Kava is an expectorant.

Besides the nasty Kava, it was a great hit! :nod:
    deadheadbill, OF and MileHighLife like this.
  23. twigs

twigs Member

With all the attention on the NEW LB, my question may seem off-topic. Sorry, but I must ask anyway:
    I've been hitting the (standard) LB for about two months now. I don't know if I've perfected the technique, but it's working for me. My question is about the herbs in the trench after the first hit. They seem to "clump" up into a little football, requiring a very hard shake, or even a poke to un-clump. Is this normal or is it a sign that my herbs are not completely dry???
    axakal and OF like this.
  24. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

I actually Liked the Kava, Don't have access to oils myself so I to thought the box was just for the Kava kava. Although I could see right away using oil in this box was possible , it doesn't appear to be finished nor does it seem like it would hold up to much use. I really paid attention to the Kava and not the box per the instructions.

@twigs it sounds to me like your herbs need to be dried and ground finer and welcome to FC.
    Your not off topic we are here to discuss everything Magic Flight.
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
    Buildozer, syrupy, OF and 1 other person like this.
  25. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

@deadheadbill it's ok. I honestly didn't mean to mislead anyone. I'm really sorry if anyone thought that.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors