1. Thanks to some very special members we were able to help those in need.
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. nopartofme

nopartofme               

Looks to me like they've made it black using the same mystery process that is used on the bottom of the PA 2.0.
  2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

You were told to hold off and check website by a consultant.
    This is promising... something to do with concentrates, also!
    BUT they did not send you an image, nor did they refer to the steampunk box.
    Sorry... this is still not validation for that particular box making it worthy of us "looking no farther".
    Until Magic Flight puts it on their website...
    or says it here...
    it is still just rumor!
    That's the way it is.
    The device they told you was going to be a great concentrate device could turn out NOT to be the steampunk looking box we saw in that image on reddit, but something else.
    Everyone can keep guessing.. and also saying what they "heard" firsthand...
    Or they can relax, and see what Magic Flight says when they get here~
    (not trying to rain on anyone's parade here... just talking from another logical perspective)
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    TanukiCoast, axakal, OF and 3 others like this.
  3. Venus&Mars

Venus&Mars New Member

Meh you have good a point der vapor sir, people are surprisingly grounded here lol. It is true he did not show me a photo, it was still "top secret", he even self destructed his message:o! But right after hearing that and stumbling across that new concentrate box is too much of a coincidence fer me... but we'll see around new years ay?
    (Your not rainin at least you didnt say i made it all up :haw:)
    Vitolo likes this.
  4. davesmith

davesmith Active Member

After having VAS (what does that stand for?) for ages I had a few weeks work cancelled and have come to the conclusion that there's not going to be a new vape for this Christmas.

But maybe this is a chance to really appreciate my lb. So I got a finishing grinder from pufitup and got to say great service (I'm in uk). This thing really does work. I was dubious to start off. I used to use an electric coffee grinder but felt it was a bit overkill as I'm only a light vaper. I tried hand held, battery electric grinders but they're shit. With the FG As long as your buds dry an you break it up a little before putting it in its great. Reccomended.

Now can I stretch to a pa??? Hmmm
    nopartofme, Vicki and axakal like this.
  5. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

exactly my feelings about the FG. first i hesitated, but since i've got it i really love it. i don't regret the purchase at all.

davesmith and nopartofme like this.
  6. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

Vape Acquisition Syndrome

Just got a finishing grinder this week too. Very cool little unit. It's nice to be able to fine grind a small amount instead of filling up my whole electric coffee grinder.
  7. deadheadbill

deadheadbill I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...

Based purely on intuition, I believe there will be a MFLB concentrate version and it will be the steampunk version.

It just makes so much sense. Concentrates are all the rage. Some of my friends out west rarely vape/smoke green anymore. MFLB is aware of this hence their earlier tray and it would be just like them to innovate to a completely new box that runs hotter and is designed for wax/eo only. Also, it would mean more money coming in as I think most of us who use concentrates would jump on this immediately.

Again, all this is just my opinion, but I tend to believe it.
  8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Entirely possible, of course. Some might say probable?

While it would be nice to have a LB for this, there's a lot of dicey concentrates out there sure to foul a screen in no time flat. Not being able to remove the screen for serious cleaning or replacement would seem to condemn such a device to a short service life otherwise?

OF
    2 Paces and deadheadbill like this.
  9. deadheadbill

Yeah, I agree. That why I wondered if that was a sort of "solid sheet" of some kind in the bottom of the reddit pic? Not sure though.

Edit: or as you say, maybe it is removable for cleaning?

Again, all speculation. But fun speculation.
    2 Paces and OF like this.
  10. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Didn't Mark Twain have a quote about that? Something to the effect (in science) you can get so much speculation for so little facts?

While testing the trays, I got to wondering what would happen if you took the heated screen idea from the box and used it to (directly) heat the trays. I got as far as thinking about rolling the ends of the tray over so the rods could be 'clipped' on Then bend the other two sides up enough to make the tray part if you didn't stamp that in.

Then I got distracted with some other lame idea

I think you're right, though, there's gonna be some serious interest in a such a gadget.......

OF
  11. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

Gotta love Mark Twain:

“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.”

Mark Twain
    RUDE BOY, deadheadbill and OF like this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

That would be the one, thanks.

OF
    2 Paces likes this.
  13. Talnoy

Talnoy Well-Known Member

BUT will i be able to still Vape my flower, now that is the question. yes i do flower and Concentrate depending on the situation.
  14. Cast86

Cast86 New Member

Well I juat bought the mflb this week and so far love it but kinda pissed at the same time because I see on the website they came out with a new one the ''phauk1''..
    Whats differnt? Looks like no more external battery. ..
    OF likes this.
  15. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Uh, that one was an April fools joke. Nuclear batteries... Space writing... "Coming soon" fr over a year... I don't see it on the site for sale either?
  16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum, great choice on the LB.

The difference is the box you bought is real. Read carefully, that's a joke. Zero gravity? Methane compatibility? Atomic power (why there's no battery)? But the big clue is it doesn't really fit in the pseudopod......at least not mine.

http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1026220-magic-flight-april-fools.html

OF
  17. jpdnkstr

jpdnkstr Well-Known Member

Everyone beat me to it!

Edit: excellent vape choice - excellent vape community! Welcome
    TanukiCoast and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  18. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Magic Flight has some interesting things coming up soon. I'll wait on their post (soon, hopefully) before talking further. Fun times ahead :)
    Vicki, OF, RUDE BOY and 6 others like this.
  19. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

Magic Fight has always been good to me. I can't wait to see what they've got coming on the horizon. hope you all have a Merry Christmas and an awesome 2014.-Sundaddy
  20. deadheadbill

So, with some investigation. I have come to the conclusion that the Steampunk box will be a reality.

Ist thing is the original picture. I have enlarged it and looked extensively for photoshop activity. None. The setup appears to be just what the author said. A booth at the Emerald Cup. including the guy just sitting to the side in the background.

[​IMG]

2. The box looks very much like a Magic Flight design. The rods are clearly visible, yet not the screen. This leads me to believe it is either solid and attached from the bottom of the rods or removable for cleaning. Also, you can clearly see the guy taking the pic with a camera. Don't think that would be the case for a proposed scam.

Here are a couple of enhanced photos which may help.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Anyway, just take my money already, Magic Flight!!
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  21. stickstones

stickstones Wasted Staff Member

I like what appears to be different clickable positions for the lid!
  22. deadheadbill

For direct dabbing perhaps? Also, that may be some sort of coil in the center of the trench. I thought it was a botton or something from the guy taking the pic, but not so sure now.
  23. turtle360

turtle360 New Member

Native/stem, no difference effectively. Theoretically hotter native account no distance at all for any cooling to occur, but I bet it's indistinguishable. I've drawn from a 2 foot whip and it still feels the same. Practically it's a little more hygienic with a stem since you can remove it and totally clean it, even sterilize, if you care. On the other note, it does feel more natural native, because it has to be by definition.
    na·tive (n[​IMG][​IMG]t[​IMG]v)
    adj.
    7. Natural; unaffected: native beauty.

24. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

Anyone/everyone can come to a "conclusion".
    One mans conclusion does not constitute truth.
    Nobody said the photo was photoshopped.... just that this
    may be a hand made item by a fan, and not a device for the market.
    We still have not heard back from Magic Flight.
    nopartofme, OF and axakal like this.
  25. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

I do wish @magicflight would come and say something about this. :)
    Quetzalcoatl and axakal like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors