1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. esrever

esrever Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth

Is this company still in business? Wanted to try these stems, but can't access their website now...

2. TxAg420

TxAg420 Evil Genius

3. edyfofashow

edyfofashow New Member

Just bought the box a couple days ago it arrived with a broken stem.. I messaged Magic Flight and they responded fairly quickly! I've been trying it native mode and it feels more natural. But I can't wait to try it with a stem and compare the two.

axakal, Buildozer, RUDE BOY and 3 others like this.
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum, great choice for a vape. Many of us have more than one.

MF's good folk, they'll take care of you.

In the mean time I bet most of use use it 'native' anyway, and IMO it's better to learn about it that way since you get more immediate feedback. Some love the glass stem instead. We've even got a few diehards insisting on the plastic ones. Part of the charm of the little box. IMO you're wise to stick with one mode until you figure it out, then go for stems, and start daydreaming about a PA and a WPA.......

Until then keep your bud dry and ground fine and batteries charged. And shake between hits.

OF

deadheadbill, Vicki, axakal and 5 others like this.
  5. Notaek

Notaek Well-Known Member

just a wild guess but that reddit photo looks like a smell proof housing/container to me. what do you guys think?

6. Talnoy

Talnoy Well-Known Member

so since my Rubber Band Version (2010) of the MFLB just died, i may get a new one.

However i want the latest version, how do i know which version is which?

and when is the Steam Punk version coming out?

7. mystikalghost

mystikalghost Well-Known Member

Way too overboard. If I wanted something smellproof for it I wouldn't want that design because I guarantee you it would not be cheap.

8. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

How did it die? I'm not sure if you're aware that these little guys come with the best lifetime warranty you'll find anywhere. You should contact MF and see if they can do anything for you.

axakal and Buildozer like this.
  9. Talnoy

Talnoy Well-Known Member

i already created a funeral pyre and had a day of mourning.

Quetzalcoatl and mystikalghost like this.
  10. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

You want to make sure that it comes with the new 'glyph' batteries. They have the Magic Flight logo pressed into the end of each battery. I'm not sure exactly when they came out, but it was in 2013 I believe. So as long as it comes with the new batteries you know you aren't getting old stock. I don't think there are any other 'version' changes since the battery change.

11. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Yeah but if he's doing a warranty they don't send an entirely new kit. Just a new LB and a glass stem.

The newest one has a click-top lid. Pretty nifty, especially coming from the old band crew :)

axakal and MileHighLife like this.
  12. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

I didnt want to do this but i cant help myself.

So to me the new photo of the steam punk (I've got no idea what that means) box looks as though it has temp variations via the little piece of metal bottom left. I'm guessing a solid screen and its for concentrates.

That's my guess.

And for what it's worth I love my glass stem. Native for stealth but the glass stem is my chosen style.

13. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

Someone asked if (s)he considered contacting them about warranty, and this was the response:

Sounds like there won't be a warranty return :lol:

Buildozer likes this.
  14. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

So far, with no verification from anyone... that "Steampunk" model is no more than a rumor.
    (not difficult to make a box for a photo shoot).
    I have a suspicion that this could have nothing to do with Magic Flight (the company).

OF, Vicki and axakal like this.
  15. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Also,

From magicflight's fb, not the unit but evidence this is a real place and mf is involved
    [​IMG]
    source:http://www.reddit.com/r/mflb/comments/1sw701/from_the_emerald_cup_the_new_mflb_concentrate_box/

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  16. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

That proves nothing.
    It is an Emerald Cup Logo, posted near an image.
    As far as that image of Delia holding a box, that appears to be a walnut Launch Box.
    As for the reddit post, that is a post by an individual.... anyone can post on reddit, and perpatrate any scam/practical joke they wish.
    Until you hear this from Magic Flight, you are only a hopeful MFLB fan that likes the idea that was presented by this image.
    I also thought it was interesting looking, however Magic Flight has yet to confirm or deny this item's existence.

17. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Fun conjecture. I'd like to add that thus far MF has used Forum Members for Beta testing new stuff and despite the pledge to keep it quiet until approved it always seems to leak out? Think about the catches, glyph batteries, concentrate trays, new PA and so on.

Thus far that doesn't seem to have happened. They either got really good at security and for some reason have not 'released' the Beta testers to discuss it, or there are no Beta Testers for this new product?

If it was real, this seems like the right time for Beta Testers to come to light.

Fun stuff, for sure. If they're going for a new product IMO it's due a careful consideration.

Time will tell.

OF

axakal, mystikalghost and Vicki like this.
  18. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

I have beta tested for Magic Flight, and have no knowledge of this product.

Quetzalcoatl, axakal and Vitolo like this.
  19. prazia

prazia White Wolf

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this thread for the last few days and found a lot of useful info. I'm new to the site and vaporizing overall. The mflb seemed like the perfect vape for me and I'm planning on purchasing one. My question is, where from? I had my eye on an auction on eBay, but was wondering if I could still claim warranty on that if it breaks (if I have the previous owners receipt and proof of purchase)?

20. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Vitolo is correct about the LB that Delia is holding.

If this is just a cosmetic treatment then there wouldn't be any beta testing.

If it is a genuine LB then you will get the warranty. You don't need anything from the previous owner. eBay is notorious for knock-offs, however, and there have also been legitimate LBs sold there with the serial number removed. No serial number means no warranty, of course. Ask the vendor about the serial number.

Vitolo, OF, prazia and 1 other person like this.
  21. prazia

prazia White Wolf

Alright, thanks for the clarification :)

Vitolo likes this.
  22. edyfofashow

edyfofashow New Member

Idk if I'm lacking the technical expeirience to operate this vape but, I seem to only get a mild high even after 3 trenches! Theirs no way my tolerance went up so fast since I had this for only 4days now and the first 2 trenches got me Stonnedd!.. my avb looks dark brown somtimes mildy blackened.. as opposed to other peoples avb which look golden brown

23. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Can I add to my previous post I don't like the style of the 'steam punk' box.

Right no more speculatio from me till its confirmed either way.

24. Venus&Mars

Venus&Mars New Member

For those who seek validation for this new MFLB concentrate box, look no further! :cheers: I was told first hand by an MFLB consultant to hold off on buying a concentrate tray for my LB -"if concentrates is something your into - you might want to hold off and check our website later this month for something new and incredibly cool". This was a week ago...:party:

25. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

Looks to me like they've made it black using the same mystery process that is used on the bottom of the PA 2.0.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors