• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

malelz

Has anyone noticed a difference in the quality of warranty units? Don't get me wrong, I am super appreciative of their awesome lifetime warranty. However, my new box has crooked lettering on the back, a loose lid, and the battery fits way too snug. So snug that I have trouble getting the battery in there and the battery pushback ring won't always work. I have charred couple loads. I am just curious if they reserve the highest quality boxes for new buyers, or if I just happened to get a crappy box. Once again, still super happy with Magic Flight. I'd rather have an imperfect LB than no LB at all.

malelz,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Has anyone noticed a difference in the quality of warranty units? Don't get me wrong, I am super appreciative of their awesome lifetime warranty. However, my new box has crooked lettering on the back, a loose lid, and the battery fits way too snug. So snug that I have trouble getting the battery in there and the battery pushback ring won't always work. I have charred couple loads. I am just curious if they reserve the highest quality boxes for new buyers, or if I just happened to get a crappy box. Once again, still super happy with Magic Flight. I'd rather have an imperfect LB than no LB at all.

Did you contact Magic Flight with these concerns? I've had to go through the warranty process, and I received a perfect LB in return, no defects at all. If it really bothers you, contact Magic Flight and see what they say.

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures

That's odd. Never seen crooked lettering before. I'm thinking that these problems were due to manufacturing since each box is hand-made. I'm sure they'll honor the warranty for your case... IDK. Maybe the hole might loosen up a smidge?

I recently got a warranty box, and I've encountered combustion more times with this new box than the old. I've read that there's a break-in period for new boxes--- hot at first, cooler after breaking in.

I've also noticed a very slight gap between the wood on the lid on a corner of the box. Enough that if I fill the chamber with vapor, it will leak from the gap and the air intake.

axakal

checked mine, as perfect as it should be. :) as Vicky said, just contact them and they probably will make you a happy customer again.

malelz

Okay, well it's good to know they generally send out quality products everytime. I will probably just ride it out. As clumsy as I am, I'm sure I will need a replacement again at some point. The box works fine, its just a little annoying. I get some slight vapor leakage too, which sometimes saddens me.

malelz,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Okay, well it's good to know they generally send out quality products everytime. I will probably just ride it out. As clumsy as I am, I'm sure I will need a replacement again at some point. The box works fine, its just a little annoying. I get some slight vapor leakage too, which sometimes saddens me.

On my third LB, they've all been fine. I had the same "problem" with the negative terminal (the ring) and the pushback ring but with a bit of time it adjusted itself. The crooked lettering I've never noticed but the depth/look of the lettering has varied between the three, I assume it's more to do with the wood itself than anything. How is it leaking vapor? Or better, where? If it's out the back then it's probably because you're blowing in. Even just a tiny bit is enough to force the vapor out the wrong way.

If it needs replacing they'll take care of you!

Anyone have experience with the concentrate trays?

Just ordered the PA, might get the whip, water pipe adaptor, and concentrate trays to go with
Yep, with the PA the concentrate trays are excellent. I like to think of it more as a small electric nail dab kind of a setup because it uses the same principle (conduction) that nails do, but you can dial in temperature ranges much easier than with a regular torch. It won't replace a nail but I found myself reaching for my concentrate trays a bit more often than my torch.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: axakal

malelz

On my third LB, they've all been fine. I had the same "problem" with the negative terminal (the ring) and the pushback ring but with a bit of time it adjusted itself. The crooked lettering I've never noticed but the depth/look of the lettering has varied between the three, I assume it's more to do with the wood itself than anything. How is it leaking vapor? Or better, where? If it's out the back then it's probably because you're blowing in. Even just a tiny bit is enough to force the vapor out the wrong way

Sometimes it comes out the back. I will pay attention to see if I blow at all while I'm micro sipping. Because the lid is a little loose, if I press on the back edge of it, a little vapor will come out of the front corner. Not enough for me to feel its really wasteful, but it's there....taunting me. Nice to know the battery thing might get better. I probably wouldn't even have noticed these little things if it were my first one. I probably just miss my old LB, I was very attached. It had awesome dark strips in the wood that made me feel it was special and unique; made just for me.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Sometimes it comes out the back. I will pay attention to see if I blow at all while I'm micro sipping. Because the lid is a little loose, if I press on the back edge of it, a little vapor will come out of the front corner. Not enough for me to feel its really wasteful, but it's there....taunting me. Nice to know the battery thing might get better. I probably wouldn't even have noticed these little things if it were my first one. I probably just miss my old LB, I was very attached. It had awesome dark strips in the wood that made me feel it was special and unique; made just for me.
Yeah I have emotional attachment to them, too. I had to gut the first one, it was a very sad night if I recall correctly. I still have her actually, she's somewhere on my "book"shelf. Had no click-top lid, she was part of the rubber band crew.

I had the other same problem with the fit being so snug that it held the battery there and scorched my load, too, but it worked itself out. Hmm, the lid not seating properly doesn't sound right... I dunno. Sounds like it's not operating properly and it doesn't sound like something you did. Would be worth at least an inquiring email to MF to see what they think. Chances are, you'll be taken care of. And chances are pretty good with this company :cool: remember that one guy that dropped his in... well... :shit: :puke:

They fixed him up :D

Venus&Mars

I always wanted to try the cherry and walnut MFLBs :drool: Does it taste or feel different or does it just look really cool?

Venus&Mars,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
I've used a walnut and a maple box, and there is a slight smell and taste difference (perhaps mostly smell). Some people feel that the difference is negligible but I personally prefer the walnut in this aspect. The wood grain in the walnut is also more pronounced, with the maple being much more uniformly smooth to the touch.

nopartofme,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
I always wanted to try the cherry and walnut MFLBs :drool: Does it taste or feel different or does it just look really cool?

I own boxes in all three types of wood and, to be honest, I think the taste difference is barely noticeable (if present at all). In fact, I wonder if the taste difference is just a placebo effect since I've read that others here do notice a difference. They are, however, gorgeous to look at. Works of art, really.

Venus&Mars

Thanks for the comments! I just heard back from an MFLB consultant that the warranty orders group got backed up this past week but they will be sending out my LB and PA first thing monday. I had mentioned i wasn't in any hurry but they included a free finishing grinder as a gift! :bowdown: Why are they so awesome like that :bang:

esrever

Herb: best aphrodisiac and stereo tweak on Earth
esrever,

OF

Just bought the box a couple days ago it arrived with a broken stem.. I messaged Magic Flight and they responded fairly quickly! I've been trying it native mode and it feels more natural. But I can't wait to try it with a stem and compare the two.

Welcome to the Forum, great choice for a vape. Many of us have more than one.

MF's good folk, they'll take care of you.

In the mean time I bet most of use use it 'native' anyway, and IMO it's better to learn about it that way since you get more immediate feedback. Some love the glass stem instead. We've even got a few diehards insisting on the plastic ones. Part of the charm of the little box. IMO you're wise to stick with one mode until you figure it out, then go for stems, and start daydreaming about a PA and a WPA.......

Until then keep your bud dry and ground fine and batteries charged. And shake between hits.

OF

Notaek

just a wild guess but that reddit photo looks like a smell proof housing/container to me. what do you guys think?

Notaek,

Talnoy

so since my Rubber Band Version (2010) of the MFLB just died, i may get a new one.

However i want the latest version, how do i know which version is which?

and when is the Steam Punk version coming out?

Talnoy,

mystikalghost

just a wild guess but that reddit photo looks like a smell proof housing/container to me. what do you guys think?

Way too overboard. If I wanted something smellproof for it I wouldn't want that design because I guarantee you it would not be cheap.

mystikalghost,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
so since my Rubber Band Version (2010) of the MFLB just died, i may get a new one.

However i want the latest version, how do i know which version is which?

and when is the Steam Punk version coming out?
How did it die? I'm not sure if you're aware that these little guys come with the best lifetime warranty you'll find anywhere. You should contact MF and see if they can do anything for you.

Top Bottom