1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Darkedhunter

Darkedhunter Well-Known Member

Probably a little late to the party, but I just got my concentrate trays! Haven't had the opportunity to try them out yet, and I have a quick question before I do. Is the tray without the mesh is suitable for any type of concentrate? Let's say I had some wand buildup handy from my underdog...

Also was gifted a maple stem; what a lovely change in pace. :)

Quetzalcoatl, nopartofme and Vicki like this.
  2. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD 宇宙

Yeah, I use the screen tray for full-melt goodness like quality BHO and CO2 oil, and the naked blank tray is for everything else that has particulate.

OF and Vicki like this.
  3. Farid

Farid beast coast

Just wanted to say how impressed with the Magic Flight I am. I got one in 2009, and I used it for a solid three years before I traded it for a few grams of BHO. I've owned many portables since, but I just traded my T1 for another Lanch box. I have to say I miss the efficiency that the convection/conduction hybrid gives. I still own convection vapes for when I'm using recreationally, but for a medical user on the go, the magic flight is the only portable for flowers I've tried that doesn't waste time and can be used anywhere. The only other products I've used that come close in that respect are designed for concentrates.

Not to mention the company's customer service is incredible - hands down the best company I've dealt with. I sent them a mere inquiry about a product, and they were kind enough to send me a box for free. Totally wasn't expecting it, but I'm thrilled.

Note: The LB works perfectly for my condition (partial complex seizures) because its' conduction allows for a deep extraction of a small quantity of material. For someone who needs more THC and less deep actives other vaporizers may be more practical, but the SOLO just didn't cut it for me, as I need one deep hit every few hours rather than a full session.

4. bench88

bench88 New Member

What's the best deal for the MFLB water pipe adapter? Is there a tutorial about how to make my own?
    thanks!!

5. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

yesterday i was returning home late at night. the last tram was late as usual, when it's windy, rainy, cold and almost nowhere to hide. then i remembered to have the mflb in one of my pockets. it's so light weight, you sometimes forget that you got it with you. anyway, i went a couple of meters away from the other waiting person, turned my back to him and took a couple of hits. what a pleasant way of warming up in adverse weather conditions :)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    James C, Bvapst, Darkedhunter and 6 others like this.
  6. DasBlunt

DasBlunt Member

Bumping the best true vaporizer, Magic Flight. Man this forum has been overrun with crap electronics with a highlight on evolving innovative LED lights.

When you combust, you are not vaporizing. Looking at the ABV photos, there is a boatload of combustion going on and no one I see is calling it out.

peace out…

7. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

If people were combusting, their leftover material would be black and ash.

8. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Hey I feel you DAS, but Vicki is right about the ash and black ABV. I feel many of our members have
    become dazzeled by the lights, but that's their choice.
    I just got some Glyphs and they fit nice and snug in my box which was reamed by the
    banana plug on the beta power adapter. Nice to be off the cord and back to total vape
    freedom eventhough these new Glyphs seem just a tad weaker then the old beta ones.
    They still do a wonderful job, and I'm back to vaping in the great outdoors.
    My high always felt stronger outdoors then in my garage or basement with the exhaust fan on.

axakal and Vicki like this.
  9. DasBlunt

DasBlunt Member

I see it here often, just bought one of the new ones, Atmos Raw, pure crap. Uneven burning is not vaporizing.

They all combust IMO unless you are able to stir and mix the load properly. None of them really have the room in the chambers.

10. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

Have you tried every single vaporizer made, and combusted in all of them? I have never even come close to combusting in my Herbalaire.

OF likes this.
  11. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Whiskey Tango

Just wanted to throw praise where it's deserved real quick ... I've been using my original mflb for about 3 years now with no hickups and no need for the incredible lifetime warranty.

Mflb + pa 2.0 = 0 problems when using after left in a freezing cold truck.

PNP and solo both have hard times heating up and tend to shut down once or twice during heat up if left in a freezing cold truck.

If I could only keep 1 portable out of my collection it would be the mflb.

2 Paces, axakal, OF and 3 others like this.
  12. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

If it's not cherried up, making its own ash and smoke, then it counts as vapor to me... Just my personal opinion.

MileHighLife likes this.
  13. Quetzalcoatl

Do you vape a lot in the garage or basement? Interestingly enough, when you vape (or do other psychoactive drugs) in a very similar setting for a while, your brain associates that place with being under the influence and you get a tolerance to even that. I've read case studies about people on morphine for chronic pain being stable on doses for months, and then a big change like a move or an unfamiliar setting causing the effects to be more pronounced, sometimes to the point of the patients being admitted. The mind is a very interesting thing, the way it processes everything even when we don't think about it. I'm the same way with vaping at my desk, there will be times when I am not really feeling anything, but going to a different situation and the effects start to become a little more noticeable. Perhaps you're subconsciously going out when you gain a slight environmental tolerance to feel effects?

The thing I was talking about is called learned tolerance (also sometimes situational tolerance). Here's a short piece talking about how heroin addicts would end up overdosing even though they didn't have higher-than-normal levels of drugs in their bodies. The only difference is we just get more stoned and hungry and then we forget we were even vaping to begin with :rofl: instead of... ya know...

Vicki, he was referring to THC Sci's prototype desktop vape, in that thread he (THC) posted some ABV shots of the material, one looked quite dark. Not sure what to make of it, I would have to taste it myself. I find that the difference between heavy vapor and combustion is sharp and acrid in my mouth for lack of better words.

vapirtoo, axakal, Vicki and 3 others like this.
  14. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

I feel you'd have to pretty much not be inhaling to combust with the MFLB without a PA. I let new users try and they still end up inhaling too fast.

But I agree with you if you are praising the MFLB and saying boo the Almost Raw.
    You should check out the T-Vape, I've revaped ABV and have never seen combustion, but it will make it black without combusting if you're able to stand the taste. Its also always perfectly evenly vaped.

I'm actually pretty interested in looking at some pictures of combusted abv if you have links.

vapirtoo and RUDE BOY like this.
  15. Quetzalcoatl

They're here, scroll down for another picture. Don't want to really get into the performance of one vaporizer in the thread of another, so I guess the Persei thread is the place to chat up THC's new (picture unavailable) desktop vape.

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/t...bs-and-concentrates.4873/page-644#post-502781

MileHighLife and paytonpenn like this.
  16. MileHighLife

Arrgh :shrug:can you say inconsistent abv? I'm really surprized he's even posting anything about that vape. It seems like it's got a ways to go in development if he needs to hook up a vacuum cleaner to get brown abv. Funny company imo ... "stay tuned" lol

17. Quetzalcoatl

It's still in development... I think with a less coarse grind there's something to be investigated. It's at least being able to keep up with the air draw of a vacuum without charring. Imagine a VHX Evo with a dry HydraTube attached to a vacuum hose... What kind of milking would that be like? It's just interesting to see the company transition. The Launch Box did get the PA which made it an even more viable desktop (though some would argue that being cordless is half of the appeal). I like looking at new toys, especially ones that aren't working like they want them to yet. Those are the fun ones :nod:

I try to envision what Magic Flight's desktop rendition would look like but I come up blank. Last I heard, they were having some problems with finding a battery manufacturer to make the nuclear batteries for the Faulk1... still some time away, I guess :(

axakal, Buildozer and RUDE BOY like this.
  18. MileHighLife

I would like to watch his development and see his "new toys" that aren't working great yet ... pics of ABV or talking about a new product that he is working on is just an annoyance because everyone wants to see it but no one gets to.

This is watching development:

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-lazyvape.11511/#post-495332

Edit: sorry for derailing

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  19. DasBlunt

DasBlunt Member

The derailing was my fault, but I also disagree about black material having not been combusted. Making commercial charcoal out of trees does not make ash FYI.

The temp profiles for the substances we are after in vaporizing are fragile, complex and not easy to control at higher ANY higher temps. With a .5" square sample, to have even one quarter be a different temp ( burnt) , can cause different effects than expected. Perfect vaporizing might not appear to be possible, but it is, depending on the tool and user.

Why settle? Industry?

20. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Good point, but making charcoal for the barbie isn't combustion either. It's basically vaporization as we define it.

Combustion has a scientific/chemical definition. Converting hydrocarbons to oxides by combining them with oxygen (which is why hut hulls, fruit pits and the other stuff that go into a BBQ are roasted in an oxygen free condition). The characteristic clues are presence of CO2 and water vapor (the two principle combustion products) in the reaction and the liberation of heat. Combustion makes hot, which is often why we do it. This is what makes ash and the nasty taste, higher temperatures that suddenly happen when combustion starts. As we practice it, it's a degenerative situation, once it starts if you keep feeding it more oxygen you need add no more heat, it's about to be cherry time......with the attendant gagging and swearing.

IMO, nasty tastes, gray ash and gagging tokers are signs of combustion. And extra heat from making CO2 and water vapor is the cause.

OF

21. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

I have owned my MFLB for two years and it has preformed great,I only use it as a on the go vaporizer so I have never bought the power adapter.
    But did buy two extra batteries and I have never ran out of power in a days heavy use.

Works best with finely ground up material,but just being dry enough works aswell

RUDE BOY, Vicki, axakal and 1 other person like this.
  22. MileHighLife

I had never seen a use for the pa either but ordered one during one of the massdrop deals and couldn't be happier! Can real fine tune everything in. Don't get me wrong I still love this little vape on batteries and I used mine without a pa for over 2 years.

An added bonus with the pa 2.0 ... it uses a 2.1mm plug @ 12 volts so the wall wart & car adapter will work with most log vapes.

RUDE BOY likes this.
  23. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

strangely, i use my pa really rarely. maybe because i got it at nearly the same time as i got the glyphs. so i was test running the glyphs and got used to them. it just didn't happen that i ran out of loaded batteries since. which just coincides with me vaping less and almost always having at least 4 loaded batteries on me. prepared like this, i just rarely feel tempted to deal with the cables of the pa. but it's almost always with me when i go over to friends for prolonged vaping sessions. just in case, you know. :)

24. SpruceGruve

SpruceGruve Bag of sand in hand,Eyeing up the gold statue

I do a lot of road trips and it would be cool to avoid battery shuffling in the car,I might have to consider one if a sale happens again.

I know only the Pa2.0 is available now.but why was the original discontinued?

MileHighLife likes this.
  25. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

did you like the design of the old one better?

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors