1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Great, that's a relief.
    Thx OF
    OF likes this.
  2. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

...^
    agreed
    steama and OF like this.
  3. malelz

malelz Active Member

My old LB had serious heating issues. I submitted a warranty claim for a broken lid. When I tore apart my old one, the rods were pretty coated. I had no idea until reading this it can affect heating. How do I clean efficiently? I use the brush in between every trench and clean it every 3 weeks or so with ISO and a cotton swab. I thought that is all you're supposed to do.
    steama and sydnee like this.
  4. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I turn the box upside down (as to not drip any ISO into the box or on its wood) and while looking up at the trench gently rub a lightly ISO dampened cotton swab along the rails and off come the residue.
  5. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

There are videos of the process buried in this thread.
    you can search "clean magic flight launch box", or "clean magic flight launch box rods" at Youtube.

I use Iso and Qtips.
    I moisten the rods with an Iso qtip.. never touching the wood.
    then after a few seconds I rub the rod witth a dry qtip.
    be gentle.
    turn the qtip in the direction the cotton is wound so it does not get caught up
    repeat this a few times until satisfied.. watch a couple videos first.
    maybe someone will post a good one here.
    steama and TanukiCoast like this.
  6. malelz

malelz Active Member

Thanks! Very excited about keeping my Launch Box running smoothly. I'll watch some videos.
    Vitolo, Quetzalcoatl and steama like this.
  7. syrupy

syrupy where a vape has no name

8. steama

steama Well-Known Member

Magic-Flight the company. You know I never really gave the saying on the back of the box very much thought. I thought it was just some hippy-dippy bullshit until the other day. I purchased a PA 2.0 in which the nickle platting was delaminating so I emailed Magic-Flight about it. Basically they gave me the choice to use the warranty and get a new one or keep it because it has a life-time functional warranty just like the launch box, and it will be replaced free of charge if it stops working. Who could ask for more? Magic-Flight's reassurance that my purchase is protected for life convinced me to just stick with the one I have. I knew Magic-flight had great customer service but they truly are the best of companies. They are so damn good it makes me feel loved.

That gibberish on the back of the launch box — it isn't gibberish.
  9. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

No, it's not at all. :)
    KidFated., b0, steama and 3 others like this.
  10. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

And hopefully, in the future, this will be the way that all companies treat their customers. :rockon:

IMHO the box vapes best when it is cleaned sparingly or even better, left the fuck alone.
    All this cleaning and iso is just so.... OCD! I wonder how many LBs have been ruined by
    a cleaning attempt. When we fret about a stained screen, shit cover it with some herb and
    get medicated. If its not broke, don't fix it.
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
    Kief, TanukiCoast, axakal and 4 others like this.
  11. Oscar_Milde

Oscar_Milde Forum Crawler

Perhaps for infrequent users that is true, don't fix it if it's not broken. I found the screen became blocked by melting trichomes every month, if not more often, and only cleaning it made it work properly again. It is designed for the air to flow through all the mesh, and limiting it's ability to do so limits the box's effectiveness IMHO.
    2 Paces likes this.
  12. norealmonsters

norealmonsters Well-Known Member

To give yet another option, I simply run my LB for 30 seconds, wipe the right side with a q tip. Heat another 30 seconds, wipe the left side with the opposite end of the q tip. Both ends and come out dark with resin after heating and I've never had any actual reason to bust out iso.
    vapirtoo likes this.
  13. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

This last half ounce has been vaped with only brushing the screen clean. No noticeable difference in performance... in fact I got a hit that choked me out earlier...
    vapirtoo, Vicki and axakal like this.
  14. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

they are evil and manipulative. they just want us to stick with them for our whole lives. look how perfectly they succeeded. :) in science fiction movies, where vaporizing is as comon as drinking, with billboard advertising and such, the market is dominated by magic flight.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    vapirtoo, Vicki and OF like this.
  15. davesmith

davesmith Active Member

Sorry guys To keep asking questions, I have tried searching. What size and grade of silicon tubing do I want to order for my mflb. Ill cut some glass stems down to stick in the end.

As always the community's help is appreciated. Peace

Ps I'm in the uk if it makes any difference
  16. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

hi, dave,
    why not order magic flight's 2ft silicon whip? it already has two glass stems, that fit perfectly. i don't know about a store in uk, but verdampftnochmal.de has them and they deliver to uk, too. you've to ask them about the whips, because they are hard to find on the page itself.

OF likes this.
  17. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

Whenever I get silicon whip tubing from MF they send me acrylic stems, same for the WPW, have they changed this recently.
  18. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

you're right, they are acrylic. the end of the wpw must be glass though. because i vaguely remember to hold a short glass stem in my hand.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  19. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

You need tubing with an inner diameter of 6.35mm or 1/4 inch ID to use with a MF stem. :peace:
    davesmith likes this.
  20. davesmith

davesmith Active Member

Thanks. Is there any preferred type of silicon tubing? I vaugly remember someone saying one type gives off less taste or doesn't stain as much??

Cheers again.

Ps not going with a whip because I need quite a bit in varying lengths etc.
  21. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

You want Food grade High temperature resistant silicone tubing. I know here in the U.S. Its easy to find on ebay or amazon. You may be able to find more info on the link to Vaporpedia at the top of this page.
    On vaporpedia do a search for "silicone Whips".
    Vicki likes this.
  22. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Quetzalcoatl, Vicki and RUDE BOY like this.
  23. paytonpenn

paytonpenn Level 30 Nature/Healer

I got mine from the contest so maybe they didn't include it for those people. But I haven't had a glass stem since 2011 after it broke.

I disassembled my WPW a week after using it the only glass was the 14mm GonG piece.
    axakal and RUDE BOY like this.
  24. qcee

qcee New Member

Hi FC'ers
    My mflb decided to stop working the other day so i "tried" very badly to take it apart to fix... I ended up with a wooden box 2 small beams of metal and the screen. I was wondering since I still have the serial and it has a lifetime guarantee, would my box be applicable for this. I live in UK North East England and was wondering how I would go about this and any customs charges waiting times etc. Any input at all would be most helpfull

Thanks a bunch FC'ers

Happy Vaking!!!!
  25. Buildozer

Buildozer Well-Known Member

Hopefully it works out for you... But why rip out the screen when trying to fix it? :huh:

Did you make sure the Batteries (or PA) weren't the problem, first? Maybe the battery connections? That sound most likely IMO, There isn't much to the MFLB for it to just stop working, unless maybe you tore the screen bad.

I live in the same state as Magic Flight, so I wouldn't know what it's like for the UK shipping and customs etc.

Since User Error is covered by the warranty you Might have a good chance IMO, especially if you explain yourself well, and let them know how bummed out you are. Good Luck
    poonman and Vicki like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors