1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. MileHighLife

MileHighLife Self-Sufficient Stoner

I tip it so the air inlet is on the top of the trench then do my tap shake. As long as I don't get too crazy with it the herb doesn't go out the air inlet
    Kief, Junk and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  2. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

This is the 'pro trick' I've seen around here (OF came up with it I believe?):

[​IMG]

Just a bit of electrical tape across the inlet, stops most bits from getting through! Don't mind the way-over-filled trench, credit for the picture unknown...

Edit: It's @Quetzal's! :goon:
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    Grange Goreman, Junk, Vicki and 3 others like this.
  3. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl SPACE GOD

Good times :)

If you have the pro moves, you can shake all the stuff around inside and not get any in the air channel. I like to hit it against the palm of my hand lightly, mouth hole against skin. It pushes all the stuff down and then I just shake it back up a bit and it falls back into the trench.
    Grange Goreman, Junk, Vicki and 3 others like this.
  4. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

Does somebody know if MFLB works well with tobacco? I mean practicaly. Is there anyone actively using a MFLB for tobacco and liking it? I've given my PAMFLB to a close person smoker. And it sems he is having hard time converting.
    Still prefers sneaking out to the freeze to have a smoke instead of vaping in his own warm room through the PAMFLB. Is MFLB really that bad with tobacco or is this just a regular hard path of conversion? I know that most people won't convert on the first taste like me.

Oh and the cord insulation has broken somehow where it goes in the banana plug. I don't know how, I've been gentle with it and the smoker probably didn't use it even once while having it...
    [​IMG]

I think I'm going to super-glue it, that is the only and best aproach I can think of right now.
    Anyway i think it would be good it this was more heave duty. Too bad I din't find this out during the betatest :/

Also I think I'll have to make a vid of a PAMFLB to a vaporlung. It's beautiful looking at the PAMFLB slowly milking it up.
  5. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yeah, this one's my fault too. I use a wedge shaped piece myself that nearly blocks it in the center (leaves a narrow passage in the center) with two larger passages at the edges (where the groove is shallow anyway).

You can also clear that area with a quick, hard pull on it before you start heating for the next hit. My big issue is not in the shaking part but in herb getting there carrying it in your pocket, there the herb can make it all the way out.

OF
  6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Easier to blow through the intake end.
    OF likes this.
  7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Interesting idea, I never tried it.......

I assume the seal isn't perfect (leaks around the battery and ground ring), but you simply over power it?

Cool. I'll give it a try, although the tape trick does a pretty good job I think. Using a wedge shape (sharp end backwards) keeps stuff from hanging up on the way back into the bowl.....I forgot to mention that part.

Thanks for the suggestion.....IMO that's just the sort of thing this Forum is really useful for. Lots of useful information to consider.

OF
    Grange Goreman and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  8. ataxian

ataxian California

The MFLB was my first vaporizer.
    I wish I went to this web site to learn all the tricks.

My hats off to all you experts!
    BranFlakes188, OF, axakal and 3 others like this.
  9. Pcpvapors

Pcpvapors Well-Known Member

Truth be told I started with the MFLB over 2 years ago (after finding this very forum) over the last 2 years I've chased what I thought were bigger and better models however I keep coming back to the MFLB even more so now with the glyph batteries. It's really grown on me and 2 batteries easily last me a week using twice a day. It's my daily driver and my first vape and it'll take one hell of a device to knock it from its place as my goto. Hats off to magic flight, the tape idea is genius by the way.

The "new" lanyard on the magic flight site looks promising for back packing :)
    steama, ataxian, OF and 2 others like this.
  10. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

what do mean by twice a day, pcpvapors? two pulls or two trenches? i've got the glyphs recently, but they seem not to last that long for me.

ataxian likes this.
  11. Junk

Junk High Pilot

Good idea here, i guess i really never thought of that being caught up in the excitement I guess I may gotten a little to crazy. Still the pocket leakage though seems unavoidable. I also like the electrical tape idea. I may try and come up with my own stopper and share it with you guys, I have a few ideas in mind.
    I just bought my box about 5 days ago. The batteries that came stock seem to last a lot longer than what the manual says. Out of the box without any charging the first battery lasted me two days (about 8 trenches)

Thanks for the ideas/responses
    steama and nopartofme like this.
  12. Pcpvapors

For my heavy usage days (when metal working all day long) I require 4 sessions each only being a hit or two, I never let these batteries fully die but once the heat up time gets close to the original stock batteries (pre glyph which is about a 7 second warm up for some nice vapor to have formed) I get about 4 days worth out of a battery. On my casual not so painful days I only have two sessions a day so obviously battery time doubles. Mind you I DO NOT load anywhere near a full trench for my sessions (maximum .025 but usually .01 or less).
    axakal, steama and RUDE BOY like this.
  13. ataxian

ataxian California

My batteries were lasting one trench.
    I use to Carry 6 batteries in my pocket that were not very stealth.
    [​IMG]

Then again I was never properly trained so it's just me I guess?

If they now have a better battery then that might be the difference?
    2 Paces likes this.
  14. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

I also get about 1 trench per battery with the new glyph batteries.
    MileHighLife likes this.
  15. Pcpvapors

16. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

I still see very little difference in the old style batteries and the glyph ones.
    I kept giving the glyph ones away, because as I have stated earlier, they all
    worked well for me.
    I did decide to buy another set of the glyph batteries.
    I use them on three boxes, and have over a month now.
    I can not see very much difference, except maybe for the 1st few seconds of the first heating of a trench.
    If There were no logo on them I do not think I could tell which was which.
    (just reporting my personal experience... yours may vary)
  17. Pcpvapors

I believe the "glyph" batteries may allow for a sloppier technique to achieve decent results. I've got a brand new pair of old style I'll use for a couple days and do a true comparison (with my replacement box I simply used the glyphs only).
    axakal, ataxian and Vitolo like this.
  18. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Right, the seal isn't perfect but there's more than enough airflow to clear the channel and get everything back in the trench. I didn't mean it as a substitute for the tape. Think of the tape as a prophylactic, it tries to prevent stuff getting in there. The reverse blowback is like a treatment, it fixes the problem after its occurred.
    ataxian and OF like this.
  19. PalmPrePerson

PalmPrePerson Member

Anyone have an opinion on which one is better?

The Beta Edition Original Power Adapter or Power Adapter 2.0?

My Original Beta Edition one just broke ): and they are sending me a 2.0. I love Magic Flight, just want to know if this is an upgrade or downgrade.

Thanks!
    ataxian, steama and OF like this.
  20. vii

vii Active Member

Upgrade
    ataxian and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  21. Notaek

Notaek Well-Known Member

i totally agree with that first statement, its much easier for a first timer to to enjoy the box with glyphs i find. the old stock ones are still good but for sure require a good technique in my opinion
    OF, ataxian and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  22. steama

steama Well-Known Member

I got the Power Adapter 2.0 today. I am totally blown-away at my new ability to take long steady draws that produce copious amounts of vapor, very impressive. Finally found that new 'whip vape' I've been thinking about — it was always here — MFLB owo, oops, wow.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
    axakal, Vicki, RUDE BOY and 3 others like this.
  23. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

I love the range of experiences from devoted vaporists all using the same vape!
    Vitolo always felt that the Glyph batts were not that much stronger than the others
    while I and a few others found the beta Glyphs to be so strong that I had to modify
    my technique to a faster draw.
    2Pacers uses a glyph per trench ! WOW! :ko: I'm just happily reminded how we all use and need
    our vapes in many different ways. :mflb:
    Vicki, steama, 2 Paces and 4 others like this.
  24. hoptimum

hoptimum Well-Known Member

How much are you loading in the trench? I find with the mflb that less is more
    skippy, steama, ataxian and 2 others like this.
  25. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Standard load for me is 1/8 gram. I actually weigh out loads of fine ground bud ('.12 anything', .120 to .129, passes) into little vials. It goes fast, really. I have a small plastic funnel I stick in the vial and zero out on the scale. I have a scoop that usually comes up a little short, it's easy to 'trickle' the last bit in with the next scoop (only partially filled) brings it into range. The poke the bud down with a small stick, cap the vial, stick the funnel in the next vial and back to the scale. Easy to do several a minute. Works great, the vials are the same size as a battery, fit in the same case:
    http://www.specialtybottle.com/1dramamberglassvialwblackcap.aspx

OF

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors