1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Pcpvapors

Pcpvapors Well-Known Member

Yeah for the ISO cleaning he simply dips the cleaning brush in ISO and does a quick brush down of the screen. I'll have him try a burn off and see what occurs.
  2. OF

OF Well-Known Member

"simply dips the cleaning brush in ISO" is not it, either. WAY too much solvent. WAY too often. You want 'barely damp' on rare occasion. Nothing dripping. You want to wipe stuff away, not wash it off. Washing off begs to question 'to where?'.

No amount of brushing the exposed part of the screen with ISO is going to help smell much at this point, all it can do is make it worse. The issues is just not on the exposed inner surface.

This points to a problem I have with this sort of stuff. No offense to your bud or anyone else in specific, but a general observation. Guys tend to get carried away with net.tips they often don't really even think through. Perhaps many have the understanding, time or inclination to do more than jump on random advice from strangers who aren't even using their real names? For instance, a while back I balked at posting my 'secret' cleaning technique for Cera cores (I think that was the thread....) and told the fellow in trouble to PM me because there was some danger involved I wanted to be sure he understood that made it questionable public information. Five other guys PM'd me with all sorts of ideas on how if I only told them......

Looking back there's no doubt in my mind that that technique would have been abused immediately by some. Used routinely, like the more minor ISO wash down here, courting the day when some poor sod got seriously hurt (perhaps with 'being stoned' part of the cause?).

The real time incarnation of 'a little knowledge is dangerous'?

Anyway, tell your bud to put the ISO away and try a couple of burn offs. The way he's going is not going to get better I think.

OF
  3. Pcpvapors

Pcpvapors Well-Known Member

Will pass the knowledge along, I think the over use of ISO stems from the combustion days of wanting absolutely clean glass, atleast for some anyway. But you know what they say a knowledge is power but stupidity is a warhead.
    OF and RUDE BOY like this.
  4. Jahthunder

Jahthunder New Member

How long do you guys let your concentrates heat up prior to sipping after they have been absorbed into the screened tray, and at what heat setting do you find to be optimal for vaping?
  5. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

can the glyph batteries actually be charged with the eneloop quick charger from sanyo or is it a bad idea?
  6. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I'm not sure which model you mean, but the MQR06 is the one that the Googles say they call a quick charger, and that one is fine. It's a bad idea to use the ones that do a 15 minute charge because those stress the batteries and ruin the battery life. Check out the Sanyo FAQ.
    axakal and OF like this.
  7. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

it's the NC-MQR06W. it doesn't do 15 minute chares. 1 hour seems to be the fastest.

8. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

That's the one. You're good to go.
    RUDE BOY and axakal like this.
  9. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

thanks. it's good to know, in case i need them to get charged fast.
  10. sydnee

sydnee Vaporus Majorus

Recently picked up a cherry Art Cart box. It's beautiful, but I'm curious as to why it's several shades darker than my other cherry box. I'd love to show you pics, but I can't figure out how to get them into the body of this message. So, if anyone would like to see the images, please PM me and tell me how to get them on the forum.

Thanks in advance.

Syd

Edited to add: The pics appeared! Guess I did it all by myself. :p
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    Vicki likes this.
  11. Ano

Ano FC Lover

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Concerning the shade of the wood, I don't really know but I guess even in the same wood variety every individual is different, hence the color variation from one piece to another.
  12. vapirtoo

vapirtoo Well-Known Member

Wow, I haven't chimed in on the LB thread for a while, but Of is correct on the best method of eradicating the smell. I do not clean my 4yr. old box often maybe a light brush off, and sometimes
    I will do a burn-off in the backyard using a PA and some light brushing but that's it.
    What I really wanted to share is how fucking effective this vape is when used natively.
    The high from my LB is quicker and stonyier than any other vape I have tried ( pax, solo, volcano,
    vapolution and vapir one). I have started to enjoy higher temps which I use for quicker more forceful hits. These have the tendency to brown the herb faster than the other vapes. (metal conduction)
    Still to be able and go out and get great hits anywhere is great!
    Denver912, RUDE BOY, Stu and 3 others like this.
  13. sydnee

sydnee Vaporus Majorus

I wonder if MF will ever offer custom-etched boxes. How cool would that be to submit a drawing or writing sample and have it etched into the lid of the box? I know that some of you don't like the etching on the lid because it can obstruct the view of the trench. I, however, am a fan and would love to have a personalized, custom-etched box.

Not really asking a question of the group. Just thinking out loud.
    Ano, Quetzalcoatl, Buildozer and 2 others like this.
  14. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Interesting idea. It's a simple part of common material.....

Thinking out loud in return, I wonder if you sent them one made locally ($2000 laser engravers will do this nicely) they'd put it on a new box for you? That would spare them most of the extra costs and effort. Perhaps they could even mail you a cover to get engraved at your expense and convenience?

OF
    sydnee, Ano, axakal and 2 others like this.
  15. Ano

Ano FC Lover

Wouldn't it be possible to directly engrave the cover while already mounted on a traditional Launch Box ? Does it really need to be a separate "flat" part to be engraved ?
    Nice idea anyway ;)
    OF likes this.
  16. OF

OF Well-Known Member

You should be able to do at least part of it, I believe it has to be done on the bottom so it doesn't get chipped and filled with junk. Doing so involves giving your box to a stranger that way? Your call.

No, within reason laser engravers are fine with curved or irregular surfaces. They focus quite well over a reasonable distance.

For instance, the sides of the TV carts in the original line (and the bottoms of the Ultra Supplies) are laser engraved. The carts are maybe 5/16 inch in diameter? The engrave flashlights and stuff 'all the time'.

There are local shops in most cities engraving trophies and awards. You might drop by one and 'chat them up'?

OF
    Buildozer likes this.
  17. Seek

Seek Apprentice Daydreamer

I made a 2l vaporlung and it works really good with a PAMFLB. Gives huge hits and transfers inhaling technique to hand pulling technique, which is much easier and gives excellent visual feedback.
    I was worried that 2l would be too small, but actually it is very large for the MFLB. It can take a couple minutes to milk it whole. But then the hit is HUGE!
  18. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

2 l too small? :) i had made one with 0,7 and one with 1,5. i personally like the small one better, since it was less easier to combust as opposed to a longer draw with a bigger bottle.

Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  19. 420ganjah

420ganjah New Member

The launchbox worked great for a couple months. then the screen tore and stopped working. tried to claim the warranty but the page wouldnot accept my pics.
  20. Vicki

Vicki The Bionic Woman

You never contacted Magic Flight about the error?
    Quetzalcoatl and 2 Paces like this.
  21. axakal

axakal Well-Known Member

just try again, they will help you as they helped many others around here including myself. no need to doubt their magic customer service.

Quetzalcoatl and 2 Paces like this.
  22. 420ganjah

420ganjah New Member

Havent yet. good idea...

Cool to hear that. thought it would be a big hastle. going to get in contact w them.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  23. Vitolo

Vitolo Vaporist

You are getting ahead of self. It is a few step process, and they will ask for pictures when it is time (to be sent by email).
    They have you covered!:tup:
    axakal, poonman, Quetzalcoatl and 3 others like this.
  24. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl i i i

I think last time I filled out the form, there was a button to upload pictures directly so everything would be sent to them at the same time (cutting down on time and emails sent).

Make sure it's in .jpg format and that the file size isn't too big!
    Vitolo and MileHighLife like this.
  25. sydnee

sydnee Vaporus Majorus

[quote thought it would be a big hastle.[/quote]

Not a hassle at all. I just did a warranty claim and it went very smoothly. Sent my initial email via the online form on Sun and on Tue got notification that a replacement box had been sent. I should have it by the end of the week. Now all I have to do is submit my pics of the dismantled damaged box and I'm done. Easy breezy.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors