1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Yep, that's the video I like to post up on here whenever newbies show up. JD does an excellent job of explaining how to hit it. With the power adapter and enough lung power, I can milk a 1/2 loaded finely ground trench in one hit. It's almost "wasteful" with the LB, though, I feel. You're pushing it to its limits. I like to vape my trenches over a few hits instead of one. Big milky hits are done more effortlessly with almost every other vape.

Grind consistency, technique, and power are the three biggest things to remember with the LB. Get them right, and you'll be happy :)
  2. Grange Goreman

Grange Goreman Wood lover

From MF about other premium series:

"Thanks for reaching out to us here at Magic-Flight ! A couple years ago, we did produce a limited edition run with zebrawood. Purple heart is not possible due to toxicity concerns.

My personal favorite is Koa, which was also a limited edition run in 2010. Stay tuned on Facebook, maybe we’ll have a chance to produce some more limited edition runs."
  3. MileHighLife

MileHighLife i eat hippies

I would buy a zebra wood lb in a heart beat
    sundaddy likes this.
  4. sundaddy

sundaddy Well-Known Member

Good to see you're still looking well Vito. Hope all is good.

It's been a while since I've been on here. What's the general consensus on the concentrate tray? Hope you guys have been well. I love my PA! Thanks to Magic Flight!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    Vitolo, RUDE BOY and Vicki like this.
  5. escierdanyc

escierdanyc Active Member

Wow. I would definitely get another box if it's limited edition.

Interesting about the purple heart. Anyone know what makes it toxic?
    b0 likes this.
  6. armin

armin Member

Has anyone had any experience with replacements. I have taken great care of my MFLB and have kept it clean. ISO on the screen twice a week Nd always brushing it between sessions. Bit it has a built up goo inside beneathe the screen. A qtip won't reach it and it's making it near impossible to draw. I know they are supposed to have a lifetime/whatever happens warranty. But wanted to make sure before I inquired. Thanks.

Oh I've never smoked dabs, concentrate or wax. Just finely ground marijuana. So it's not like it's from melting product. Maybe vape resin? The inside of my acrylic and glass tubes are dis colored and gross looking over time so I have cleaned them with ISO.

I just wanna make sure I can return it or trash it like they had me do with my faulty PA and get me a new one.
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
  7. 2 Paces

2 Paces Well-Known Member

I just did a replacement last week. It is the second one I have done.

The first one was very simple because it was an obvious problem (broken plexi screen). I took pictures, sent them in an e-mail, and they sent me a new one in days.

This recent one I did was a little more involved. The box wasn't heating up sufficiently, but there was no visible flaw. Because there was no obvious flaw, Magic Flight called me on the phone. After talking to the rep, the process was the same. Sent some pictures, they sent a new one.

Both times they made it super easy and were great to deal with.
  8. harrisonfire

harrisonfire New Member

New to the forum.
    FC was the go to place for vaporizer reviews, for me.
    I bought a MFLB after reading about what was available.
    The original MF batteries were getting weak and I am too so I did the obvious thing, (for me).
    I like to keep good batteries in my cameras, so the not so good ones were waiting to be used.
    A trashed mini mag light and a used up alkaline battey overpower my box were forced together.
    No waiting for it to heat up now.
    And if I hit too slow it gets a touch too hot.
    Sorry - No pictures.

Heres how I did it.
    Cut the solid end off an alkaline battery and carefully removed the guts, leaving no goop inside the now empty tube.
    A rubber grommet at each end does the insulation.
    3/16" brass rod with one end threaded handles the positive.
    After removing the leaking battery mess from the maglite the switch end got drilled for a machine screw to fit the aforementioned brass rod with the screws head inside used as a positive contact.
    Used a wire, some crimp terminals and screws to complete the negative side. Tail cap has a handy hole and the alkaline battery shell also got a handy hole.
    Male and female quick slide terminals were added to ease battey changes.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  9. the_cascadian

the_cascadian Member

does anyone know if the mflb silicone whip will fit on the vaporbrothers mini-hydrator arm?
  10. MileHighLife

Im sure you could stretch the silicon over it if it doesnt. I've stretched silicon hosing over things much too large ... I usually wet it with a bit of water to lube it up so its not so sticky and then sort of twist it on if that makes sense.
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  11. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

:razz:
  12. Jahannum

Jahannum Well-Known Member

I am new to the Vape world and am looking to get a good portable vape. After looking around a bit I think I am settling on the MF. Just wish they still had the design I liked in stock.

edit: Any suggestions on stuff to get while ordering the kit from those that have used the MFLB for a while? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
    MileHighLife likes this.
  13. Grange Goreman

Must have are : finishing grinder and Power adaptor 2.0
    MileHighLife and Jahannum like this.
  14. Jahannum

Thanks =) Love the avatar btw!
    MileHighLife likes this.
  15. MileHighLife

Extra batteries, a finishing grinder or electric herb/coffee grinder, a battery holder and possibly some sort of case. Check out puffitup if you haven't already ... they have some nice mflb kits for great prices and I think there's a 10% FC discount somewhere.

You just bought a dbv too right? dbv and mflb were my first vapes a few years back ... good choices still have both and use them all the time.
    RUDE BOY and Jahannum like this.
  16. Jahannum

Yeah Just got the DBV, and was looking into a good portable, so I can actually partake when I am out with friends and they all start combusting. I will check out puffitup in the meantime while I decide what all to get.
    MileHighLife likes this.
  17. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Which design was that?
  18. Jahannum

pakalolo likes this.
  19. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

Just dabbed some Sour Diesel CO2 oil out of the trusty LB :rockon:

First hit was tasty :)

Second hit kicked my ass :rockon:

Third hit to clear and reload :brow:

Fifth hit because I forgot about the fourth hit :lol:

Edit: now with picture!

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  20. Grange Goreman

21. b0

b0 Vapor powered

That pic made me jealous. If I want BHO I have to made it and lately I havee been really lazy... :ugh:
    Quetzalcoatl likes this.
  22. Bamafan86

Bamafan86 Member

Good afternoon fellow Magic Flight users!
    I have a quick question and I will be out of your hair.

for those of you who have had warranty replacements. Do they sent out the same colored box or do they just replace everything the original maple?
  23. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

I'm pretty sure if you are doing a warranty replacement on an exotic (i.e.-cherry, maple), they replace with the same. At least that is what I remember them telling me when I asked a while back.
    Bamafan86 likes this.
  24. Bamafan86

Bamafan86 Member

Thank you for your quick reply Vicki. Then this might just be a mix up. I just received just replacement P.A. and box, but was really disappointed when I realize that the replacement was maple instead of cherry like I thought it would be. Now I'm waiting on the email me back to see what's going on.
    Vicki likes this.
  25. Vicki

Vicki Herbal Alchemist

That is weird. Let us know what Magic Flight says.
    Bamafan86 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors