1. If the Herbalizer was a fortune cookie what would it say? Tell us and win it!
  2. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. Zingbuddah

Zingbuddah Vaporologist

Meh....used both and not happy with the lack of the top end on the Pax. I do like the flash and pzazz of the Pax but it needs a V2.
    axakal likes this.
  2. samirfuzzywuzzy

samirfuzzywuzzy Well-Known Member

The pax lacks everything except a cool look. now when you talk about metal detectors it gets fun. You can leave the mflb in your pocket walk through a metal detector and put you battries through the xray scanner. Leave the pax in your packet and its going to be hell. Also does any one know what your mflb looks like in the x ray scanner and what the pax looks like in an xray scanner.....ive seen both....pax looks shady as hell (think mini bomb) and the mflb is almost unnoticeable through almost all the filters.
    axakal likes this.
  3. hellomyfrients

hellomyfrients Well-Known Member

Wait a minute.... the MFLB has stainless steel components?
  4. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Yeah, but not very much of them. Depending on settings it'll get passed off like a couple of coins or the button and zipper on your pants (which most machines seem set to ignore).

While risky, guys report doing it. Then again some folks smoke cigarettes and others date married women....

OF
    axakal, RUDE BOY and Vicki like this.
  5. Stu

Stu Maconheiro Staff Member

You make it sound so dirty. I need to take a shower now.

:peace:
    axakal, OF, Vicki and 1 other person like this.
  6. OF

OF Well-Known Member

If that was all it takes to get you to shower, I wish I'd found the magic words earlier.....

And I'm sure I'm not alone here. Best write them down, it's sure to come in handy again all too soon.

OF
    Stu and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  7. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

I date married women that smokes and prefers the ' Pax ' !!!
    DOH , 3 strikes , I'm outta here .
    axakal, OF, Vicki and 1 other person like this.
  8. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Still not good for full points on this coast. She needs to be a single mother, same sex oriented (or bisexual), and have AIDS for that.

Good try though......

OF
  9. samirfuzzywuzzy

samirfuzzywuzzy Well-Known Member

People talking about the PAX should really go comment the PAX thread. Its down right annoying when people thread jack. I been using the MFLB for a long time and my biggest problem is with throat irritation...I actually feel it with many vapes unless they are water piped with ice. Any help with dry vaping would help alot.
  10. vii

vii Active Member

Use 1ft whip or hit native. Those are the best way to avoid throat irritation without using wPa. I have same problem and those two method work really well
    Quetzalcoatl and Vicki like this.
  11. Herbal Ant

Herbal Ant Well-Known Member

Well, it's been a week, not one single PM, Massdrop is going nowhere. So be it, puting my 2 years worth of electronics knowledge to the test and making my own. Hope I remember enough, it has been over a decade. Wish me luck!:D
    Quetzalcoatl and RUDE BOY like this.
  12. OF

OF Well-Known Member

I don't follow the first part, but if the second is a plan to make your own PA, caution is advised. You need to deal with lots of current (15 Amps plus), far from trivial. If efficiency isn't good, faults can lead to alarming amounts of power where you don't want it. I've built a lot of similar gear (like magnet power supplies running even higher currents at similar low voltages) but I shied away from the challenge and bought theirs.....and recommend the same.

More conventional loads, like Solo, Cera and the other TV products, and the various 'e-cig like gadgets' I'm fine with, but the LB (FlashVape, Palm and similar) is a whole other critter.

If you decide to wing it, and think I can help with issues, feel free to PM me?

OF
    Herbal Ant, Quetzalcoatl and RUDE BOY like this.
  13. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

Good Luck , I don't see how you'll do it for less money then the older PA then again I'm not an electrical engineer . Sorry your massdrop thing didn't work but the MFPA isn't really mass produced , so most likely they would take a loss if they dropped the price much even for a bulk order . It is a very unique piece of equipment .

It will be cool to see what you can come up with it took magic flight a while .
    Kief, Herbal Ant and Quetzalcoatl like this.
  14. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl 200% THC

15. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

I like the shoutouts at the end to FC and Vaporpedia. Magic-Flight isn't afraid to put FuckCombustion in their guide. I saw one of these at my LHS and was suitably impressed.
    axakal, ataxian, b0 and 4 others like this.
  16. b0

b0 Vapor powered

When I received my MF and saw the guide I was impressed. Best guide I saw in a vape EVER!
    axakal likes this.
  17. Ano

Ano Well-Known Member

This guide have been online for a while now, I saved it on my computer in April.

Glad they now include it in the basic packaging !
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  18. ataxian

ataxian California

Thank you for the link!
    I really need to take a second look at the MFLB.
    Today I will study the PDF and practice what I learn.
    This type of education is good stuff!
  19. Tykk21

Tykk21 New Member

Hello everyone =)

I ordered my MFLB late on Monday June 17th and requested UPS 2 day air. Mid day on Tuesday the status changed and on the UPS tracking site, the order is listed as voided and it states that UPS does not have the shipment. I sent a message to MF as soon as I noticed, but have not heard anything. Does anyone know what this may mean? Thanks for your time!

Tykk
  20. xrunt

xrunt New Member

think the massdrop turned into being for the mflb, not pa =(

21. Ray Ray

Ray Ray Member

She only wants me for my Magic

[​IMG]

22. poonman

poonman Well-Known Member

Man , that's sweet looking !
    The girl's not bad either .

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.
  23. pakalolo

Wow, nice Launch Box! It looks so clean, like it's hardly been used. Is it new? That's a good grind but I'd try to get those crumbs off the shelf and into the trench. I guess you hit it native, huh?

Just a friendly hint: you should work on your composition a little. The subject really shouldn't be crammed down into the corner like that.
    RUDE BOY likes this.
  24. Ray Ray

Ray Ray Member

My MFLB is two months old. I've used it just about every day, with the exception of a 2 week period when my Mother was spending some time at my pad. But, you should see my place; I've been called a really neat, organized, and clean person.

Thanks for the suggestions. Your points are noted! I use the 3' whip. One thing I did while cleaning the whip (did I mention I was clean?) was soak the whip in soapy water over night. Now, every draw has this flavored after-taste, which is soap. Not too noticeable, tho
  25. pakalolo

The LB whip is silicone so you can use ISO to clean it, then run water through it to rinse. Any percentage will do but the higher the better.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors