• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

HSIHP

I've been searching what OF mentioned about using tape around the channel near the bowl to prevent herb leakage but have not found anything relating to that yet. So far I have searched, spillage, leakage, loose herb and nothing appearing to my question other than my actual question appearing in the search query.

Search "electrical tape" ;).

Does anyone have any tips on how to collect the oils on the inside of the stem? I was thinking about just using a q-tip dipped in ISO and then letting the alcohol evaporate over night. Is this a stupid idea?

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Search "electrical tape" ;)

Does anyone have any tips on how to collect the oils on the inside of the stem? I was thinking about just using a q-tip dipped in ISO and then letting the alcohol evaporate over night. Is this a stupid idea?

I just searched "tape on LB" and found the picture in seconds .

OF

That will work, but you'll need to vape the cotton. Vitolo (I think) suggests not using ISO, but just poking a bit of cotton down the bore and vaping the soggy cotton directly. Others have reported good results using a tiny bit of bud instead.

I just searched "tape on LB" and found the picture in seconds .

Yep, don't doubt it a bit.

Thanks.

Thanks I will have to read some more of the 848 pages here. I went back and read page 800-847 last evening before posting.
Go to page 820 A pic is there .

That part I don't understand, but maybe I'm not intended to........

OF

Go to page 820 A pic is there .
thanks, got it. even in the pic though it looks like herb is escaping past the tape. That's the crap that's buggin the shit out of me, as well as bits on the wooden box. Not a lot but enough to make me pissed that it's leaking out.

Having said that, after I tried tightening the lid, the lid seals MUCH better and very little can escape through the channel without the tape. To be honest I never even noticed there WAS a channel until I ran my finger over mine after seeing this picture:

1z5n1o7.jpg

1828K,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

HSIHP

That will work, but you'll need to vape the cotton. Vitolo (I think) suggests not using ISO, but just poking a bit of cotton down the bore and vaping the soggy cotton directly. Others have reported good results using a tiny bit of bud instead.

OF

Thanks OF! I didn't think the dry cotton ball would be able to pull of the oils but I'll try that now. My plan was to snip off the end of the q-tip and toss it into my PVGONG for my Solo. :D

HSIHP,
Reactions: OF

OF

Thanks OF! I didn't think the dry cotton ball would be able to pull of the oils but I'll try that now. My plan was to snip off the end of the q-tip and toss it into my PVGONG for my Solo. :D

You're welcome. Sounds like a good plan from here, good luck with it.

Here on the Left Coast we're spoiled by all the lovely concentrates in the dispensary cases. Upsetting as it is to our less fortunate brothers and sisters often such 'wand hash' is discarded. My tests with cotton tufts with reclaim worked well in my Iolite (didn't have a Solo at the time).

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vicki

Well I tightened the spring for the lid and it is tighter, and I just added a fresh piece of blue tape for the channel. I decided to shake it up and see if everything would stay put, but looks like it's still having the same problems.

This was just after a quick back and forth shake one time, and not even rolling around in my pocket for hours at a time or all day long...

ffbjgw.jpg

top right radius of bowl area you can see specs, and right over the brand new tape there are particles. It was worse before I tightened the lid, but this is what I'm talking about. Is everyone just accepting this as normal?

1828K,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
That's where the air comes from. From top down and it comes at an angle so it hurricanes around. You're not going to get 100% of the particles out of there permanently. Sorry.

Quetzalcoatl,

I may have to spray paint the lid black or put a business card on top of it, just so I don't see the specs when looking at it as this bugs the crap out of me. Why can't that stay completely sealed?

Anyone want to recommend a vape that doesn't spill product in a completely sealed trench? Is the Palm 2.0 even a viable alternative to the MFLB? The thread for it is here pretty dead...

1828K,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
If you read the Palm 2.0 thread you'll see what I and others think . I use my P2 alot but This is the Magic Flight thread .

RUDE BOY,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I may have to spray paint the lid black or put a business card on top of it, just so I don't see the specs when looking at it as this bugs the crap out of me. Why can't that stay completely sealed?

If that channel were completely sealed then there would be no airflow into the LB.

pakalolo,

I thought the slot where the battery ring resides lets in air. I know the hole in the back is for manufacturing purposes only but couldn't that have been used as an air inlet instead to avoid the top under the plexi to have to be scalloped out?

1828K,

Herbal Ant

I thought the slot where the battery ring resides lets in air. I know the hole in the back is for manufacturing purposes only but couldn't that have been used as an air inlet instead to avoid the top under the plexi to have to be scalloped out?

I also wondered why that hole isn't the air inlet, but I believe they made the channel because it is a more efficient path for the air to flow. If it was just the small hole, I would think the airflow might not pass over the screen very well and could cause combustion issues.

Only thing I can think of to close it off and still allow air flow is a screen. You could try folding one up and place it in the channel. :hmm: I imagine some material would still get past though. I can think of a more efficient way to install the screen in the channel, but you would have to cut into the wood.

Herbal Ant,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member

The contact ring slot doesn't extend to the heating chamber without the channel, that's why it's there. If you examine the hole in the back carefully and think about it, you'll see why it couldn't serve as the air intake.

pakalolo,

hoptimum

WARNING: Buying a Magic Flight Lauch Box may cause restraint on the urge to buy another vape any time soon.

It's the first vape that's made me rethink the whole vaping industry. I will never get anything less than what the MFLB can offer.

Sadly, I have not found that to be the case for me, though my love for that little box remains undiminished.

hoptimum,

vapirtoo

Hey 1828,
After looking at your pics, I see what you mean. The herb is escaping
from under the lid all around the hole ! 360 degrees of seepage, not just the
air inlet slot. I would try tightening the lid again, maybe some gentle persuasion
with pliers.
Or a sharp whack with a hammer.... bad joke.

I thought you were Luny at first, but can now see you have a real annoying issue.
Good luck and be careful.

vapirtoo,

HSIHP

I am sad to say that I am having my first bad experience with my magic flight this morning. Last night while charging my batteries in the other room I heard a sparking sound coming from that room. After the third or fourth time I went to check things out and seeing as my charger was the only thing plugged in, unplugged it at once. Since I was pretty vaped last night I figured, what ever, i'll see in the morning.

This morning I tried another outlet and once again I got the cracking, popping noise that to me sounds too much like a spark or some kind of short to let my batts keep charging. Has this happened to anyone else here?

HSIHP,

Herbal Ant

No, no sparking, is it a brand new charger? If not, did you drop it recently? Sorry to take away some attention from your question, but I also have a slight problem. Just got my new batteries, took off the rubber caps, and there is a white substance around the outer edge of both batteries. Anyone else have this issue with their new batteries? Could it just be from the manufacturing process? Should I wipe it off and try them anyways? Sent customer service an E-mail just now, usually takes them about 48 hours to respond though. Thought I'd check and see if someone here already got a response from them about this issue.

Herbal Ant,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Just got my new batteries, took off the rubber caps, and there is a white substance around the outer edge of both batteries. Anyone else have this issue with their new batteries? Could it just be from the manufacturing process? Should I wipe it off and try them anyways? Sent customer service an E-mail just now, usually takes them about 48 hours to respond though. Thought I'd check and see if someone here already got a response from them about this issue.

It sounds like your batteries are leaking acid. I wouldn't use them.

I am sad to say that I am having my first bad experience with my magic flight this morning. Last night while charging my batteries in the other room I heard a sparking sound coming from that room. After the third or fourth time I went to check things out and seeing as my charger was the only thing plugged in, unplugged it at once. Since I was pretty vaped last night I figured, what ever, i'll see in the morning.

This morning I tried another outlet and once again I got the cracking, popping noise that to me sounds too much like a spark or some kind of short to let my batts keep charging. Has this happened to anyone else here?

Sounds like it could be a defective charger. I wouldn't use that either.

hoptimum

No, no sparking, is it a brand new charger? If not, did you drop it recently? Sorry to take away some attention from your question, but I also have a slight problem. Just got my new batteries, took off the rubber caps, and there is a white substance around the outer edge of both batteries. Anyone else have this issue with their new batteries? Could it just be from the manufacturing process? Should I wipe it off and try them anyways? Sent customer service an E-mail just now, usually takes them about 48 hours to respond though. Thought I'd check and see if someone here already got a response from them about this issue.

My new batteries showed up yesterday with no "white substance" on them. Charged them and they look fine. where is the white substance located and is it dry or wet?

A sparking charger sounds like it might have shorted out for some reason. Drop Magic Flight a message or better yet, give them a call.

hoptimum,

Herbal Ant

My new batteries showed up yesterday with no "white substance" on them. Charged them and they look fine. where is the white substance located and is it dry or wet?

Battery_zpsf0b9f3de.jpg

I'd say pastie, not quite wet, but not quite dry, rubbed off on the cap when I took it off. Also, why did you charge them, didn't they send them fully charged and ready to use?

Herbal Ant,

hoptimum

I'd say pastie, not quite wet, but not quite dry, rubbed off on the cap when I took it off. Also, why did you charge them, didn't they send them fully charged and ready to use?

Nope, nothing like that on mine. I'm no expert, but I suspect your batteries might be leaking.

mod note: Please do not quote more than necessary. Picture removed.

hoptimum,

Ano

FC Lover
Also, why did you charge them, didn't they send them fully charged and ready to use?

Many people prefer to have a fully charged battery. Even if they come ready to use, they can't really be 100% charged, as they were probably sitting somewhere for a while before you got them.
This is not a necessary step, just something some people like to do, as the ones that "top up" their batteries right before they use them, even it they were charged a few days before.

Ano,
Top Bottom