• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
And you can spend a lot less than 40$+shipping on a coffee grinder and get the same if not better grind, with much ease also for large amounts.

I believe sticks has been using a coffee grinder, and the problem is getting a consistent grind, which the FG delivers every time.

The FG is as much about the experience of owning the LB as it is about getting a fine grind. I can get a consistent fine grind with a quarter or two and a pill bottle. It doesn't look as pretty and certainly doesn't complement my LB, but it works.

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
The FG is as much about the experience of owning the LB as it is about getting a fine grind. I can get a consistent fine grind with a quarter or two and a pill bottle. It doesn't look as pretty and certainly doesn't complement my LB, but it works.
Well put. I've had the finishing grinder since I first got the box and started vaporizing. It's hard for me to imagine the MF experience without it. It's by no means necessary on a budget, but it's also worth the money in my opinion.

And it's purdy.

ywDGQ3p.jpg

stickstones

Vapor concierge
does the finishing grinder take it as small as it should be, or is still good to go finer with my coffee grinder? Some of my best mflb hits ever were from the dust left over in my coffee grinder, but I don't know the long term effects of that stuff on the box screen.

stickstones,
Reactions: Vicki

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
does the finishing grinder take it as small as it should be, or is still good to go finer with my coffee grinder? Some of my best mflb hits ever were from the dust left over in my coffee grinder, but I don't know the long term effects of that stuff on the box screen.

Yes, it grinds to coffee grinder consistency, if that is what you are looking for. As for the effects on the screen, that's a good question. I've been vaping a ton of kief in my LB's, and was wondering if it would clog the screen, long term. So far, it hasn't.

Musicslv

How solid is the construction, when I "shake it" between hits can I be tapping the box against the table or am I going to shake something loose?

Musicslv,

sadf

It is very solid and you can rap it against the table with no worries. The metal screen is the only delicate part of the unit and shaking/tapping the box will not harm it.

Yes, it grinds to coffee grinder consistency, if that is what you are looking for. As for the effects on the screen, that's a good question. I've been vaping a ton of kief in my LB's, and was wondering if it would clog the screen, long term. So far, it hasn't.

I've run kief through mine many times; it gets the bottom if the bowl a lot nastier looking but has no impact on functionality.

sadf,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
It is very solid and you can rap it against the table with no worries. The metal screen is the only delicate part of the unit and shaking/tapping the box will not harm it.

I'd much rather tap the LB against the palm of my hand than a table. The table could dent the wood. ;)

I've run kief through mine many times; it gets the bottom if the bowl a lot nastier looking but has no impact on functionality.

Mine are all ok so far too. I was just wondering about long term, over several years, if that might ever affect the function of the box.

rocky00001

Hi,
I have MFLB for last 4 months(not used in last 2 months for some unrelated reason). I live in India and i want to order this 2ft whip as my glass tube is already broken.
https://sales.magic-flight.com/index.php?p=product&id=113

This costs $7.95 and well within budget but what i want to know is will they ship to India for free , If not how much is the shipping cost. Also will they clear customs on their own or does it require my interference.

rocky00001,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Hi,
I have MFLB for last 4 months(not used in last 2 months for some unrelated reason). I live in India and i want to order this 2ft whip as my glass tube is already broken.

This costs $7.95 and well within budget but what i want to know is will they ship to India for free , If not how much is the shipping cost. Also will they clear customs on their own or does it require my interference.
This is a question you should ask Magic Flight about! This thread is just user-input about the product with the manufacturer occasionally chiming in.

http://www.magic-flight.com/contact.php

Quetzalcoatl,

justcametomind

Hi,

If you like, you can order accessories also from here.
This is a silicon tube you can cut it as long as you like and add yourself a couple acrilic mouthpieces at the ends.
Or get the exact same accessories but from Germany, not US that's a lot less far from India.
I'm not related in any way to the shop, only I'm looking for a concentrate tray for the MFLB and asked them too. They say they're going to receive a shipment from MF next week, perhaps including oil trays and so I assume they can restock also those tubes you are looking for. Anyway I think 2 feet is too much. I'm ok with 1ft otherwise with 2ft silicon I think the tubing would be too much for me. But of course it's your choice, maybe a looong tube would filter more. :D
It's a shame in India you don't have access to these tools.
There are also some more shops in Europe, you could search google for the url. I can recall vaposhop.com and lacentralevapeur, also everyonedoesit. Not sure if there's anything closer to you.

Vitolo

Vaporist
This seems a question that should be asked of Magic Flight.
We here would all be guessing at an answer that you could get the facts on directly.

rocky00001

t
If you like, you can order accessories also from here.
This is a silicon tube you can cut it as long as you like and add yourself a couple acrilic mouthpieces at the ends.
Or get the exact same accessories but from Germany, not US that's a lot less far from India.
I'm not related in any way to the shop, only I'm looking for a concentrate tray for the MFLB and asked them too. They say they're going to receive a shipment from MF next week, perhaps including oil trays and so I assume they can restock also those tubes you are looking for. Anyway I think 2 feet is too much. I'm ok with 1ft otherwise with 2ft silicon I think the tubing would be too much for me. But of course it's your choice, maybe a looong tube would filter more. :D
It's a shame in India you don't have access to these tools.
There are also some more shops in Europe, you could search google for the url. I can recall vaposhop.com and lacentralevapeur, also everyonedoesit. Not sure if there's anything closer to you.
thankyou, yea its a real shame that we can't get these things in india. I bet there are no more than 100 vaporizers in all of India. Same thing happens when i go out buying speakers like krk and stuff, and if available they cost twice as much as western countries. And when you consider our purchasing power parity to be half that of west, it effectively is four times costlier.

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
What are your expectations of Magic Flight customer service? I sent them an email last Sat and haven't heard anything. Of course I realize they don't work weekends, but are my expectations too high when I kind of expected a response mon-fri?The automated email I got said to allow 48 hours for a response. :shrug:

sydnee,

Musicslv

What are your expectations of Magic Flight customer service? I sent them an email last Sat and haven't heard anything. Of course I realize they don't work weekends, but are my expectations too high when I kind of expected a response mon-fri?The automated email I got said to allow 48 hours for a response. :shrug:
I got a call back on the third day after sending an email... Hell give them another shout out, couldn't hurt...

Musicslv,
Reactions: OF

OF

I got a call back on the third day after sending an email... Hell give them another shout out, couldn't hurt...

I agree, but be sure you make it clear it's a follow up.

Having been on the other side of Customer Service, 'opening multiple tickets' on the same problem can really really burn up the time. If you're trying to get through the backlog of contacts, getting hung up trying to figure out a ghost in the system can take longer than actually solving customer issues.

But things do 'fall though the cracks', by all means ask if that might have happened. I just recommend you do so in a different route (like a call if you emailed last time), be polite, and make it clear it's a follow up and provide information on the original contact as best you can. Remember, there's a real person on the other end, hopefully trying to do the best they can.

Good luck with it. MF has a great reputation, the sort you have to earn. I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

OF

OF,

Musicslv

I agree, but be sure you make it clear it's a follow up.

Having been on the other side of Customer Service, 'opening multiple tickets' on the same problem can really really burn up the time. If you're trying to get through the backlog of contacts, getting hung up trying to figure out a ghost in the system can take longer than actually solving customer issues.

But things do 'fall though the cracks', by all means ask if that might have happened. I just recommend you do so in a different route (like a call if you emailed last time), be polite, and make it clear it's a follow up and provide information on the original contact as best you can. Remember, there's a real person on the other end, hopefully trying to do the best they can.

Good luck with it. MF has a great reputation, the sort you have to earn. I'm sure you'll be taken care of.

OF
Good point OF. Thanks.

Musicslv,

OF

Good point OF. Thanks.

Just lucky..... What's the old joke about the broken watch being right twice a day?

You're very welcome. Thanks for saying so.

Good luck with it, not I think that you'll need any sort of luck.

Hopefully you'll 'be made whole' again real soon.

OF

OF,
Reactions: ataxian

Quetzalcoatl

NOOOOO

My second box broke :(

Still functional but the lid is messed up.

Split right down the middle of the "river" of the airpath.

Lid doesn't sit flat anymore on the box... sigh

Pics in a bit. Gonna see if it still rips nice.

Edit: nevermind. I know what happened. Water. I tipped my piece over and it didn't spill so I guess I assumed it was fine and didn't think to check the stem at the other end of the whip for water condensation. This was probably 3-4 hours ago. I went to poke at the load that was left in it and it's damp. No wonder the front face of the Box is a bit bigger than the screen, but not the far end of it.

Man now I'm real sad.

ehakim

NOOOOO

My second box broke :(

Still functional but the lid is messed up.

Split right down the middle of the "river" of the airpath.

Lid doesn't sit flat anymore on the box... sigh

Pics in a bit. Gonna see if it still rips nice.

Edit: nevermind. I know what happened. Water. I tipped my piece over and it didn't spill so I guess I assumed it was fine and didn't think to check the stem at the other end of the whip for water condensation. This was probably 3-4 hours ago. I went to poke at the load that was left in it and it's damp. No wonder the front face of the Box is a bit bigger than the screen, but not the far end of it.

Man now I'm real sad.

The lovely folks over MF will take care of u bud, good thing u have a backup in the meantime.

ehakim,

Quetzalcoatl

The lovely folks over MF will take care of u bud, good thing u have a backup in the meantime.
Of course. Email was already written when I posted here!! But still... sad times indeed. Might try watercuring some of my stuff now that I've got a reason to slow my vaping down a little bit.

Quetzalcoatl,

Quetzalcoatl

Maybe try putting it in a cup with some rice?
It's bagged with rice but my fear is that the wood has warped already and like I said, the air path split in two. I'm also curious as to the effects of moisture exposure like that to the screen and rails. The trench I had loaded was damp but not soggy. You could definitely feel it by poking it, but squeezing didn't strain any liquid out. If I try to stand it up on the side with the mouthpiece hole, it doesn't sit flat anymore. There's a bulge near the middle and it rocks a little bit. Of course it's only been an hour and a half since they've opened and I'm obsessively checking my email ;) think I'll encase this one in a mason jar of pure mineral oil or some sort of clear preservative as its final resting place.

Edit: here's one of the pictures I sent in. You can pretty much see where the water stops! Also the wood soaking caused the lid issue.

QJFRL1q.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I dropped my box in a sewer, while being pushed over a "grate" in a wheelchair.
The box was recovered 3 weeks later and it still worked, but was warped.
I used the following technique to make the cover flush again.
I wet the box by wrapping it in a damp washcloth for a couple of hours....
then I clamped it and left it for a week.
what is not in this image is the small square piece of wood (a piece of a "yardstick") that I had
clamped in also, to back up the "logo side" of the box.
DSC02553.jpg

*note
the string has nothing to do with this repair... I was borrowing a mini clothesline I use to dry herb.

Quetzalcoatl

I dropped my box in a sewer, while being pushed over a "grate" in a wheelchair.
The box was recovered 3 weeks later and it still worked, but was warped.
I used the following technique to make the cover flush again.
I wet the box by wrapping it in a damp washcloth for a couple of hours....
then I clamped it and left it for a week.
My dad has clamps in his truck. His truck is with him, in Georgia, and will be for the next 5 days. I'm wondering if I can just stack a bunch of big books on it? The warping is worst at the lid, the front warping isn't noticeable unless you try to stand it.

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom