Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I don't see a problem. I keep a desiccant pack in with my medicine all the time.
Some people don't like those... CHEMICALS.... all over and around their goodies. Funny because when I get the factory bottles of pills (not the ones in the store bottles) they've all got desiccants too.

Shot this one a while ago, a more candid video?

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Some people don't like those... CHEMICALS.... all over and around their goodies.

Easily remedied. I put my desiccant pack in an open baggy that way it never touches the herbs, but can still do its job. :)

Funny because when I get the factory bottles of pills (not the ones in the store bottles) they've all got desiccants too.

Same here. Lots of times when I get a prescription refilled, they just slap a label on the bottle that came directly from the drug company. Every bottle contains a desiccant pack. Right now, my Synthroid bottle has a round desiccant pack right in with the pills, and I never took it out.

Vicki,

OF

I don't see a problem. I keep a desiccant pack in with my medicine all the time.

No problem, provided the pack is food grade. Not all of them are. Often the (usually larger) ones that come in instruments and the like are not at all good for you inside (not a problem if you're a camera....).

There are also food grade desiccants with indicators (that change color with water content) you can put in a small jar or vial with holes in the lid until it's full, then pop it in the oven until it changes back and you're good to go again. Most of the common desiccants in food are not reversible (IIRC there's a gel change?).

http://www.sanjosescientific.com/servlet/the-1692/Drierite--dsh--Indicating/Detail
http://www.agmcontainer.com/desiccantcity/desiccant_selectionarticle.htm

OF

OF

I'm not worried about the ones I get from my medicine bottles. :)

Works for me. Of the many things about you I worry about, what kind of desiccant comes from your medicine bottles missed the list somehow anyway?

I agree with not worrying. Some things you have to take on faith. Besides which if it turns out to be toxic and kills you you can always sue the drug company, right?

OF

I found some herb under the couch that had been obviously been there for quite some time. It was so dry that I was able to crumble it between my thumb and finger to a coffee grinder consistency. Well, that trench vaped up better than anything else I'd previously tried in my LB! I think what you'd call "fully dried herb" for smoking would be way too moist for efficient vaping! This seems to be a big part of the vape learning curve for those recently making the transition.

(Oh, and the reason all those Ancient Alien shows exist is because of silly people like me who love those over-the-top esoteric, ridiculous (but creative) theories. I always found it to pair well with full trench.)

Vitolo

Vaporist
I have been using the new Concentrate Tray.
I thought I would show you the R&D that
led up to the BETA Testing model seen to the right.
The first one to the left was the lightest in weight.. the thinnest, and sort of my favorite... but one does need to do a balancing act with that bubbling dab that sits on top of it!
DSC02355.jpg

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Back to the herb curing techniques, my favorite is to stick it in a glass jar (I usually use a mason jar) and throw it in the fridge, sealed. Water will condense on the glass, this will become very apparent, when you remove it from the cold.

Open the jar, remove your herb and let it sit until it goes back to room temp. Same with the glass. Repeat this, until the herb gets to just lightly crunchy. When you pinch it, it feels sort of dry and crunch... but feels of substance still. Obviously the strain and grow will make a world of difference.

This actually can work pretty quickly. If its cured for combustion, you can do it in a couple of hours.

b0

Cloudy...
I have tried the trick of the little bottle + a couple little balls and have to admit that well grinded herb changed the experience completely, this is much better that what I thought!!! My GF really loves it, she says is the better gift anyone has made to her lol

Thanks to all for your answers guys (and girl ;) )!!

Bon Dog

so i have just So I have just figured out that the MFLB batteries are amazing! Lol took me a year and a half. Same batts new bot. So it started when I took my Box with me for the first time in a.... Long time, had 6 months when I didn't have... Lets say... Access to my box (or freedom if you catch my drift). Anywho, I filled the box, and stared with what I used to use as a starting batt. W/ my old box it would get high enough to dry the herb to powderize it in my fingers. Inhale and CLOUDS of vapor came out! Dang!

Tried my other batt. Mo clouds! I get home and test it out with my PA. With my new replacemenT box I use 30% less power to get the same cloudage lol

Edit: haven't used them since august b/c i had a PA

Bon Dog,

axakal

i didn't see how short the stems are, that the others use, but i use one of the stems of the whip as a shorty.

Where does everyone get the glass shorty stems? Can't seem to find them anywhere!
And Q I managed that the other day too with my new walnut box. PA as well. One time was me, other time was my bf. It's fine now, just a little scarred. Poor thing.

axakal,

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
Back to the herb curing techniques, my favorite is to stick it in a glass jar (I usually use a mason jar) and throw it in the fridge, sealed. Water will condense on the glass, this will become very apparent, when you remove it from the cold.

Open the jar, remove your herb and let it sit until it goes back to room temp. Same with the glass. Repeat this, until the herb gets to just lightly crunchy. When you pinch it, it feels sort of dry and crunch... but feels of substance still. Obviously the strain and grow will make a world of difference.

This actually can work pretty quickly. If its cured for combustion, you can do it in a couple of hours.

I have started carboxylating mine. 25 minutes wrapped tightly at 230-250 deg. Vapes a lot easier.

Also, here is my 49cent MFLB bubbler. :)

20130313_1411281.jpg

axakal

you could save a great deal on customs and shipping costs by ordering from verdampftnochmal.de . they only don''t have the pa and the finishing grinder, but they're trying to get all mflb items.

S*cks that I had to pay $65 customs..but at last my setup is now complete.

deadheadbill

I can see clearly now the smoke is gone...
It actually works ok. I order 5 of them as gifts etc. One of the stems was badly manufactured and clogged. But hey, 49 cents and free shipping!! :)

I also glued the base to the stem to prevent it from falling off. You can still add water etc by removing the stem.

deadheadbill,

Amsterdam

you could save a great deal on customs and shipping costs by ordering from verdampftnochmal.de . they only don''t have the pa and the finishing grinder, but they're trying to get all mflb items.

I should have! But I needed the PA's, didn't bother to split it multiple orders :| ..

I plan to shoot some qualtity pics tomorrow night (when I get to use my sisters camera), will post on saturday.

Amsterdam,

luchiano

I think I get what he means. Since decarbing is a chemical reaction caused by heat, he's figuring that there is some "energy loss" (no actual loss due to the law of conservation of mass) when you put herb in that hasn't been decarboxylated. You would need more heat/energy to decarboxylate the cannabis before vaporizing it. I don't know if it translates to an observable real-world improvement since you'd be skipping the decarb phase and using all the heat/energy to vape the cannabinoids vs heat -> decarb -> vape.

You got the idea, except you don't necessarily need more heat, it would just take longer to get the cannabinoids to boil off, which means less available for each puff.

With smoking, a lot of the cannabinoids would just be degraded before being released or being absorbed into the body due to the extremely hot air surrounding the actives.

luchiano,

axakal

i still remember the surprised face of the customs officer asking what that strange thing was and why didn't i just get it in germany :)

I should have! But I needed the PA's, didn't bother to split it multiple orders :| ..

I plan to shoot some qualtity pics tomorrow night (when I get to use my sisters camera), will post on saturday.

axakal,
Top Bottom