EveryDayAmnesiac

I've got to give a big thumbs-up to the simple little 1 ft. whip.

I'm not big on whips, but this little one for the MFLB really, really makes my experience with it better - the simple matter of being able to look down at my trench while it's roasting and not having to wonder when is the best time inhale. Before, since lacking the PA, I was ALWAYS worried about burning my load (have done it twice). Because of that, I was rather lukewarm about the MFLB, and had it in the closet for "just in case" something happened to one of my other vapes. After buying the whip on a whim, I am now using my MFLB every morning for about an hour while I let my UD warm up, which means I can leave the UD off at night and make it last longer. And I use the MFLB on-the-go, of course.

So, I would highly recommend the 1ft. whip if you're a little shaky with your box technique, as I was.

Now I'm going to trick this baby WAY OUT and my cart at MFLB has almost every accessory they sell! :lol: Especially like the look of that adorable finishing grinder.

Now, c'mon April 20th...... :D

al bundy

Vaporist
Yeah, I will. I have been using Powerex's but at 14$ a pop(for 4) I go thru them quickly with daily use and within a month or so I have to change batteries every hit or so just to get a decent hit.

Wishful thinking.

I would invest in a better charger for the MFLB batteries.
If your using the stock charger ,it works but i think its more of a quick charger.
And I would get more batteries.
When I only used my Box I would have 8 batteries in rotation.
I use 2 at a time,switching between them as they start to heat up.
And if your using the box at home the PA would be well worth the investment and your batteries would only be used when out and about.

Vitolo

Vaporist
Vitolo, check out this video of hash that melts lovely that ....
Have the guy send me a sample for testing! :)

Where does everyone get the glass shorty stems? Can't seem to find them anywhere!
And Q I managed that the other day too with my new walnut box. PA as well. One time was me, other time was my bf. It's fine now, just a little scarred. Poor thing.
You take a 3 sided file.. a small one, and you make a decisive mark on a glass stem.. then you grasp it firmly and snap it away from the filed cut .
Then torch the end for about 15-20 seconds and it will be smooth to the lips.
It is easy also to just cut the acrylic stems (I love the acrylic stems!)

Aslanthelion

Hi, This is my first post on this website... I have a hand powered dynamo that generates 1 amp at 24 volts.... I was wondering if i could use this as my power supply for my MFLB.... which is rated at 15 amps at .75 volts.... on vaporpedia it says that it uses 11 watts of power.... They also say the higher voltage the hotter it gets......if this equals 24 watts of power it should over power the MFLB...?

Have been playing around with this for awhile... even bought the dynamo for this reason... but cant figure out how to hook up the motor without nauseating a short circuit that just turns everything off?

Any help would be greatly excepted.... not a electrical genies..... LOL

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Throw some rezblock in there! Keep the glass clean :)

I really dig that piece, like a mini syn showerhead for a fraction of the cost. Nice score for a bill, I spent $60 on my little rig. Measured at 8in from base to the top of the mouthpiece, the can is pretty small... also I find that a slightly longer whip works better ;) I fit mine right into the DI as well. Flavor savers for sure but at the expense of no ice.

Quetzalcoatl,

OF

Hi, This is my first post on this website... I have a hand powered dynamo that generates 1 amp at 24 volts.... I was wondering if i could use this as my power supply for my MFLB.... which is rated at 15 amps at .75 volts.... on vaporpedia it says that it uses 11 watts of power.... They also say the higher voltage the hotter it gets......if this equals 24 watts of power it should over power the MFLB...?

Have been playing around with this for awhile... even bought the dynamo for this reason... but cant figure out how to hook up the motor without nauseating a short circuit that just turns everything off?

Any help would be greatly excepted.... not a electrical genies..... LOL

Hey! Welcome to the Forum, thanks for bringing an interesting idea rather than the usual bag of troubles. They're just good folks with real problems looking for answers of course, but most of the new faces you meet are not at their best......

Yes, fun project. And we can do it. Just not directly. We need more current at lower voltage. Lots of current, really. But several ways to make it happen. You choose, depending a bit on your abilities at the other end.

I assume this is a true dynamo (DC output)?

First suggestion, we regulate down to 12 Volts (simple series regulator will work fine) and feed the MF PA with it and let the PA do the hard work? We can rig a battery in there easily enough so you don't have to crank full time to toke? I assume some 12 VDC power would be welcome?

Where are you geographically?

OF

Bon Dog

Throw some rezblock in there! Keep the glass clean :)

I really dig that piece, like a mini syn showerhead for a fraction of the cost. Nice score for a bill, I spent $60 on my little rig. Measured at 8in from base to the top of the mouthpiece, the can is pretty small... also I find that a slightly longer whip works better ;) I fit mine right into the DI as well. Flavor savers for sure but at the expense of no ice.
I just cant bring myself to rezblock. my reclaim ha saved me a few times. money is kinda tight. sometimes i cant get enough so i have a little stash in my abv and reclaim i can tap into.

my whips is like he exact same diameter as my DI so i need a glass mouthpiece in the that end. there is enough suction that i get nice cloudy hits

Aslanthelion

Wow, thanks for the fast response... I have been using these forms for a wile just for my little research projects.... this whole subject is very fascinating to me. This is a project two years in the making.... Have been wanting to design of a vape that i could really use anywhere! But my limited ability is in wood and medal..... as growing up as a carpenter. So all the electrical that is different from the house wiring.... I don't have a clue.... have been studying though diodes resistors bridge circuits... but sad to say its all really confusing to me. I feel like a kid looking at rocket science.... LOL :)

This is a true brush dynamo DC, with a gear ratio to 150 to 1....

I'm trying to make this work everywhere..... no power ever.... if can achieve?

I live in the evergreen state! :)

Aslanthelion,
Reactions: OF

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Aslan I love the Dynamo idea, sometimes I get away from AC outlets and move to Flame based vapes.
being free from pluggin in would be Amazing. What ever happened to the shake N Vape ?

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: OF

Aslanthelion

Aslan I love the Dynamo idea, sometimes I get away from AC outlets and move to Flame based vapes.
being free from pluggin in would be Amazing. What ever happened to the shake N Vape ?
Thanks man.... I know someone once made fun of this... but have you ever thought about it.... sounds like a good idea... :)

But if you could do this... it would be really cool! :) LOL this is not where I got my Idea.... but its funny

Aslanthelion,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

OF

Thanks man.... I know someone once made fun of this... but have you ever thought about it.... sounds like a good idea... :)
But if you could do this... it would be really cool! :) LOL this is not where I got my Idea.... but its funny

As I recall that's the flashlight that got 'busted' because it used a little lithium battery to 'store' the energy for you that eventually went dead......

I seriously doubt you'll get enough energy that way to be practical but by all means have a go at it?

In a little more serious light, Vapman used to sell a muscle powered vape. You tied a cord to a doorknob or something and pulled the unit back and forth on it. Friction built up enough heat to finally vape a tiny load of bud inside.

How about a small parabolic mirror to focus the sun on the end of a stem vape tube? Face the sun, orient the aiming shadow, count ten and vape? "Solvape"?

OF

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
My question is, will I need another charger or the one from MFLB original batteries will work?

The Magic-Flight charger is fine for any NiMH battery.

I would invest in a better charger for the MFLB batteries.
If your using the stock charger ,it works but i think its more of a quick charger.

[snippage]​

And if your using the box at home the PA would be well worth the investment and your batteries would only be used when out and about.

The stock charger is not a quick charger. Quick chargers typically take about 15 minutes and drastically reduce the life of your batteries. In fact my guess is that's what deadheadbill is using because that's the most obvious reason why his batteries die so fast.

The stock charger is a smart charger. It takes 2-4 hours depending on how flat they start out, and it will not overcharge your batteries.

You both might want to check the Chargers section of the MFLB Vaporpedia entry.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Funny video, but man... if someone came out with that. Psh... even the joke about revolutionizing, is pretty much the truth. Perpetual power and thick vape? I'll look like a fool for that. :science: :party: :tinfoil: :haw:

Aslanthelion

Funny video, but man... if someone came out with that. Psh... even the joke about revolutionizing, is pretty much the truth. Perpetual power and thick vape? I'll look like a fool for that. :science: :party: :tinfoil: :haw:

Nice i feel the same why.... you could go camping or anywhere with it with no charging battery's.. :)

Aslanthelion,

b0

Cloudy...
Can anyone post some pics of his ABV in the MFLB? I have tried a couple times my gf's one and can't find a way to vaporize the charge evenly. Maybe we need to improve our technique ? :shrug:

I'm not new at all, I had an Iolite for more thatn a year and bought a Solo some time ago so I have some experience in draw tecnique.

Edit: Don't get my wrong, we end really medicated but can't find the way to vape the meds evenly.

b0,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Yeah, until the Zombie Apocalypse, gas becomes rare and butane lighters? Good luck...

SHAKE AND VAPE! Can you feel it!? :drool:

Hoard matches and batteries like they are gold, because they are. :lol:

Until then, I'll continue to use my batteries, PA, and car charger. :)

Vicki,
Reactions: ShipDit

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
Can anyone post some pics of his ABV in the MFLB? I have tried a couple times my gf's one and can't find a way to vaporize the charge evenly. Maybe we need to improve our technique ? :shrug:

I'm not new at all, I had an Iolite for more thatn a year and bought a Solo some time ago so I have some experience in draw tecnique.

Edit: Don't get my wrong, we end really medicated but can't find the way to vape the meds evenly.
kinda like this. i can get it darker if i want to but the taste suffers. i eat my abv, either in the form of cooking oil infusion, small alcohol tincture, or with butter. I'm usually too lazy, and I'll mix it into a bit of yogurt and eat it really fast. still little flecks of green which means I could vape this a bit more. I can make it look like ground coffee.

toBxqXY.jpg

b0

Cloudy...
MY SCS don't grind the herb so finely. I will have to find another way to grind it more for the MFLB, I think that can be the main difference. I usually have black-spots in my ABV in the box, not sure if it's for the grind or for drawing. I have read the usual tips and usually I wait 3 to 4 seconds after pushing the battery and start drawing reaaaaaally slowly...Well, when I receive mine next week I will have more time to test/improve :science: Usually I have only used my GF's one on the go, when she's at my home we always use the solo through water.

b0,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
MY SCS don't grind the herb so finely. I will have to find another way to grind it more for the MFLB, I think that can be the main difference. I usually have black-spots in my ABV in the box, not sure if it's for the grind or for drawing. I have read the usual tips and usually I wait 3 to 4 seconds after pushing the battery and start drawing reaaaaaally slowly...Well, when I receive mine next week I will have more time to test/improve :science: Usually I have only used my GF's one on the go, when she's at my home we always use the solo through water.

Try adding the MFLB Finishing grinder. I have one, and love it. Mine is walnut, like this one:

https://sales.magic-flight.com/index.php?p=product&id=162

b0

Cloudy...
Try adding the MFLB Finishing grinder. I have one, and love it. Mine is walnut, like this one:

https://sales.magic-flight.com/index.php?p=product&id=162

Beautiful grinder, just saw a video from Vitolo in youtube and is really useful and beautiful. But I think $62.95 for it is too much (price with shipment to Spain, don't know why their shipping is so expensive) do you know any other place to buy it or any other way to grind so finely?

b0,
Reactions: Vicki
Top Bottom