duh

LB TIP: To get 'bigger' 'quicker' hits, underfill the trench.

This has the effect of getting the whole thing much hotter much quicker and if you are drop the hot trench for later and refill, this can be a very good thing. The same rules apply for shaking the LB during/between hits, but underfilling means you have less time in general.

Chewy said:
it takes so long
How much time and how much material do you normally spend in a session? I can go through 2 grooves including a change in 5 minutes which gets me 'there'. It sounds like you are a smoker and are new to vaping in general.

The SSV does sound like a good combo just like my V does my abv for my LB nicely.

BTW - If you can get through 5 good size refills and aren't getting there, you are doing something wrong!

duh,

Chewy

Yea, I'm a smoker I guess. I just dont like the heat from smoke but I prefer it I guess. I wish I could return it, low on money and all now too =[.

I know how to use it, I follow the instructions down to the period. IDK, just the silver surfer did more with the same bud, granted I didn't necessarily like it compared to a bong. Is there a satisfaction guarantee by any chance? :p

Chewy,

duh

Now that the LB is going 'mainstream', we get the invasion of the lame non-issues. Do some research, don't buy it. If you really low on $, consider the light bulb vape.

Chewy said:
dont like the heat
When I know I am going to be using the LB for an extended period (or have a friend try it), I always use the wand. The wand cools the vapor and I use one on my PD too. Go back a few pages and kingcrimson hooks the LB up to a bong so it is even cooler.

duh,

digglover

Hennessy1414 said:
did you read thru this thread? you need to suck very slow to get hits. Its a very different vaporizer than most. give it another chance....dont punk out just yet.

the SSV and the LB are a good combo btw :cool:

:peace:
Hey -
I've got a LB and I notice it takes me two batteries to vape a trench. Do you think I just need to perfect my inhalation speed? Like right now I inhale unbelievably slow - Like so slow it feels like I'm not inhaling haha. And even then that swirly vapor still disapears inside the LB.

Does that make sense? Any tips?

digglover,

duh

digglover said:
I've got a LB and I notice it takes me two batteries to vape a trench.
If you have a full, packed trench - 2 makes sense.

Use the brush. Also, make sure it is clean. After an iso cleaning and dry, performance should go up.

duh,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
reece said:
Anyone know what the warranty is on the Launch Box?
Hi,

The warranty covers all non-user repairable functional issues with the Box. If the Box you receive is damaged or inoperable, we send you a replacement (given the nature of the device, we are unable to accept returns via post).

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi,

In regards to the questions asked about technique, there are two basic outcomes which should be occurring regardless of what technique is being used: 1) color change, and 2) taste change. IF neither of these are occurring, then either the technique is wrong or the device is not working correctly. For example, as a first test, without any drawing at all, it should be possible to turn one full load completely brown or even black on a single charged battery. If this is not possible, then something is wrong -- check the battery, charger, and that the Box is producing heat -- it is probably a warranty issue and we will re-issue whatever is necessary to fix. Otherwise, once you are satisfied your Box passes the basic test, then it is a question of technique (or possibly one of the quality of the loaded materials).

If you plan to use the Box in its native mode (no attachments), one way to start is to look down the draw hole just after you put in the battery. You should see vapor appear in the hole within a few seconds. At this point begin your draw, using the temperature/taste of the vapor itself as a guide how fast to draw. Faster drawing means cooler temperatures and slower drawing means hotter temperatures. However, please be aware that under normal operating conditions, it is unlikely that you will be able to draw so slowly as to cause the taste to resemble that of smoking (this is by design). Whatever rate of draw you choose, continue until you can hold no more and then while holding your breath, shake the Box so as to tumble the loaded materials. You only need to shake or tap the Box enough to ensure that the load comes free and there is an even mixing of the loaded materials in the bottom of the groove (or "trench"). Breathe out while settling the materials in the trench again (a gentle side to side motion is usually enough for this), look into down the draw hole to check for vapor again, and begin your next slow draw. Repeat this cycle until the taste has changed significantly and/or the color of the load has changed significantly. When you are finished, remove the battery.

Again, if the load has noticeable changed color, then it is certain that vapor has been produced (and hopefully been inhaled). Otherwise, please check that the battery is charged and that the Box is heating sufficiently. You should have no trouble completely cooking a single load with a single battery.

I hope that these diagnostic notes are helpful. If people are having functional issues with the Box not working correctly, please let us know via email and we will attempt to get these corrected as soon as possible.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
Reactions: ntaylor

reece

duh said:
Now that the LB is going 'mainstream', we get the invasion of the lame non-issues. Do some research, don't buy it. If you really low on $, consider the light bulb vape.
Are you speaking to me?

magicflight wrote:

reece wrote:

Anyone know what the warranty is on the Launch Box?

Hi,

The warranty covers all non-user repairable functional issues with the Box. If the Box you receive is damaged or inoperable, we send you a replacement (given the nature of the device, we are unable to accept returns via post).

-- Magic-Flight
Hey, thanks for the reply. I should have been more clear with my question though. I'd also like to know the time period of the warranty. Thanks again

reece,

duh

reece said:
duh said:
Are you speaking to me?
Actually, no, I wasn't, I was quoting another user on this same page. But, even if I was, this is the Internet so I'm not sure what it would mean if I were (which I wasn't). Either way, isn't the warranty in case you plan on breaking something? :D

I have 2 LBs in 'play'. One took a hard crash because the user was using a walker and thought they would 'toss' the box onto the hard ceramic top first. The top now comes away from the unit but slides back again snugly under what is left of the portion near the clip. I guess this is an 'un-intended' upgrade as I could go glass if I want to. Instead I just wrap a few extra rubber-bands when travelling but otherwise the thing works fine.

The other is kept w/baby gloves so I don't break it. I'm waiting for full summer so I can hit the beach w/both pre-filled. That's the plan.

In any case, I also have a collection of broken LBs. There is an unwritten policy of getting replacements for free so far. I usually send a picture along w/a description to explain what happened. Hopefully this moves the ball along w/others not trying stuff (i.e. oil, concentrates, etc.).

For the record, I plan on bringing my LB w/me to the underworld. :D

:peace:,
Duh

duh,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
reece said:
... I'd like to know the time period of the warranty...
It is a Lifetime warranty: i.e. it is for as long as Magic-Flight.com is in business.
Hopefully, that will be a longish time (at least 30 yrs :) ) -- we want this to be sustainable for the long term.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

chloe

magicflight said:
reece said:
It is a Lifetime warranty: i.e. it is for as long as Magic-Flight.com is in business.
Hopefully, that will be a longish time (at least 30 yrs :) ) -- we want this to be sustainable for the long term.

-- Magic-Flight
cool good to know....mine should arrive next week...i know once my friends start seeing me use this...there should be another 4-5 orders to Canada :)

I had a question...how sensitive is the box to shake? Just worried I shake it too hard to damage a connection...can I shake it like a morraca?

chloe,

graywulf

Once my first summer paycheck comes in I'm definitely picking one of these up to replace my VG.

graywulf,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
chloe said:
... another 4-5 orders to Canada :)
Great! Please be aware that orders to Canada can sometimes take a rather longish time to arrive (2 to 3 weeks) due to the customs service (although some orders arrive within days -- it is random as far as we can tell).

chloe said:
I had a question...how sensitive is the box to shake? Just worried I shake it too hard to damage a connection...can I shake it like a morraca?
Should be no problem -- shake as much as you want.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

Plasmah

I'm going to order one of these Friday. This thing looks like it will be good.

Plasmah,

reece

duh said:
reece said:
duh said:
Are you speaking to me?
Actually, no, I wasn't, I was quoting another user on this same page. But, even if I was, this is the Internet so I'm not sure what it would mean if I were (which I wasn't). Either way, isn't the warranty in case you plan on breaking something? :D

Hopefully this moves the ball along w/others not trying stuff (i.e. oil, concentrates, etc.).

For the record, I plan on bringing my LB w/me to the underworld. :D

:peace:,
Duh
I wasn't sure because you didn't include a quote and your post immediately followed mine. It just seemed like a strange response to my question. It all makes sense now. :lol:

I remember someone had tried other "stuff" from reading through the thread. I don't remember what the outcome was with kif. Did you try that?

reece,

reece

magicflight said:
reece said:

-- Magic-Flight
Thanks again. I hope you guys are in business a long time also. I don't own one yet but I'm kind of running out of excuses (other than the biggest being I just purchased an Iolite). Like you said, the launch box probably won't be ideal for all situations but it sure does seem to be perfect for others. Plus, the warranty speaks volumes of your confidence in the product.

reece,

Steve1208

I realize that the LB is mostly meant to be used for portable purposes, but how does it work as an "at home" vape? In other words, how does it stand up to the average desktop vape?

Steve1208,

duh

kief is probably a bad idea but I think kingcrimson may have tried his w/all kief the first time out.

Vaping is all about the balance between clogging your screens because of your session and clogging your screens because you are trying stuff you probably shouldn't. Every vape I have owned gets clogged eventually. However, dumping, brushing and keeping good care of the LB seems to make it last.

No concentrates would include kief so again, not worth it. :2c:

On comparing it to a desktop vape, it's not fair. LB vs. the IO or LB vs. the VG makes sense. In terms of efficiency, a PD the LB isn't - but it does hold it's own very well. Most importantly - the LB WORKS every time I need it and has rescued a few afternoons.

duh,

reece

duh said:
kief is probably a bad idea but I think kingcrimson may have tried his w/all kief the first time out.

Vaping is all about the balance between clogging your screens because of your session and clogging your screens because you are trying stuff you probably shouldn't. Every vape I have owned gets clogged eventually. However, dumping, brushing and keeping good care of the LB seems to make it last.

No concentrates would include kief so again, not worth it. :2c:
Thanks for the info. I'm really looking for something that I can use to vape kif. I do have a supreme which does the job well, but I was hoping to get away from heating with a torch.

reece,

max

Out to lunch
With most models kief can be placed on top of a bowl of herb and vaped safely. Doing kief alone is more problematic.

max,

j-rellz

supercali-frajilistic-expiala-doscious
i like the way you do business magicflight, and as soon as i get the money i will be ordering a launch box :D

j-rellz,

johnny1980

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time partaker of our herbal friend (15 years?) but only used a vape for the first time recently, starting with my own LB. I first heard of the LT/LB on the Dopecast.

Firstly my customer service experience was extraordinary, pre-ordered back in May. Had a few email back and forth with magic-flight and they were always very fast in response and friendly, I am completely satisfied. Item arrived early June (I'm in Canada), I thought this was reasonable. It was 8 business days from shipping date .

When I received this I was up and running and in a good happy place within 10 minutes. The effect of vape, as I understood, was different from what I was use to but after a few days to adjust it suited me fine.

The quality of the device itself is of a high standard, whoever built this knows what they are doing. Its hard to tell really but it seems to me like it will last for a long time. I find keeping the trench clean, and using about a half trench full of lightly packed fine herb works the best. I get visible vapour every time.

I always wanted to switch to vaping but was never able to due to the high cost of most devices and also the size. This one made it possible, and for that, magic-flight, I thank you. Good job well done.

johnny1980,

Plasmah

Just ordered my LB from Vapenow! Can't wait to recieve it.
I got free shipping too!

Plasmah,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
Well I guess I checked in here to say that I love my MF LB very much because it grants me the freedom to openly walk around my town and enjoy these delicious herbs that I love most without anyone else being the wiser to it :cool:

cant do that sort of stuff with a bic :lol:

I just cant get over how well it fits in my hand.....so concealable and low key. I love it! :2c:

:peace:

Hennessy1414,
Top Bottom