skippy

Thats a shame, hopefully they will soon, I have the new batteries and the powerex 2700, while the powerex are powerful they do not hold charge for as long, so I try to use up the powerex first,
The new batteries come with the logo printed on the negative end if your wondering how to tell, they are very good and obviously well suited to launching
Have not done a real test on them, but its sure to say a lot of reviews need a edit to reflect the increased performance with the New ones

All have a limited lifetime, hopefully they last until the new ones are widely available
I use the powerex 2700s I have been now for about eight months, they re good but I find you really need to use them the day you charge them for optimum use.

skippy,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
lol whats the shit box?
Warning: graphic gastrointestinal story ahead

The Porcelain Throne and Mountain of Death claimed the life of a Box, far too young in its adventures, IMO. Didn't know what was going on, it just made a jump from the pocket to the chocolate.

Magic Flight warrantied it. Well... they didn't ask for it back, just kinda gave him a new one, ya know? No one likes getting their hands dirty.

OF

Please don't answer. PM if you must. I just had dinner and don't want to read that story again. :disgust:

Amen to that one. I'm not sure how retelling this story really promotes the cause.......

I use the powerex 2700s I have been now for about eight months, they re good but I find you really need to use them the day you charge them for optimum use.

Exactly right. One of the trade offs made to get that lovely big number (and all the sales it represents) is giving up on 'self discharge'. MF ships batteries charged because they are Low Self Discharge (LSD) and retain something like 80% charge a year later. HSD types like the 2700 do that in a few days.

I think most guys decide the small temporary gain isn't worth the trade off.....probably why MF uses the 2400s.

OF

Warning: graphic gastrointestinal story ahead

The Porcelain Throne and Mountain of Death claimed the life of a Box, far too young in its adventures, IMO. Didn't know what was going on, it just made a jump from the pocket to the chocolate.

Magic Flight warrantied it. Well... they didn't ask for it back, just kinda gave him a new one, ya know? No one likes getting their hands dirty.

Not as bad of a story as I imagined.

I was leaning towards something like two girls one launch box type of deal... I've dropped plenty of shit in the porcelain throne... and also some non-shit items

thunderfunk,

sendsb

Hi,

I just joined this site to praise Magic Flight for their service. I contacted them a couple of days ago with regards to claiming on the warranty for my launch box, which is now a few years old and is showing some signs of damage. They day after that my mother suffered a massive stroke, was rushed to hospital...and died. I had an email today from Magic Flight saying they would send me a new launch box after I had taken it apart and sent them the photo's. I briefly contacted them to say that I would send the pictures in as soon as I could but that I had a death in the family and things were obviously hectic for me so I would not be able to send in the pictures until next week.

I had the following reply from Tina Marie in Magic Flight:

"Hi,
I went ahead and pushed your warranty through. Please do not forget to submit your photos. ;)
We are sorry for your families loss. Sending you all love and light.
We are submitting your request today and your shipment will be
sent in the mail via USPS sometime over the next 3-4 business days."

I was quite overwhelmed to get this response from them. Here in the UK we're more used to large companies not giving a damn about the customer. I'm really impressed with the customer service from Magic Flight and their gesture of sending out a new one before they receive my photo's (which I can assure them that I will be sending!).

Thank you Magic Flight. You briefly lit up what has been a dark few days for me :)

jl420

So sorry for your loss, my deepest sympathy to you and your family...
My friend had his MFLB for 6 days and cracked the clear case cover. He couldn't find his invoice and already had deleted his email info from the MFLB company. He contacted them on Monday and by Saturday morning his new MFLB was in the mailbox. They are a great company who take pride in their product and will always have my support.

Finally got my mail from magic-flight.com

Ordered on 02/24/2012.

Got the walnut stem, 2 foot whip and power adapter. And oh boy the PA is a game changer. Very happy with this purchase... outside of the in my opinion horrible shipping time. (CA to South Dakota)

Also wish the PA was available in walnut...

Next purchase. Water pipe whip to hook up to my bubbler. Got the 2 foot whip to see if I would be able to get enough vapor to even make the water pipe whip worth it and I believe it is.

6qf7dw.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

Damnit, I meant you can take the water pipe whip adapter apart for a "free" whip.

Anyways, I have a 14mm direct inject piece, I took the plastic shorty stem off one end and just stuck it into the DI joint. There's a video I think I put up not too many pages back showing it?

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: Vicki

ehakim

Does anyone else have trouble getting good hits off the whip? I have a 1ft whip I bought a while back and rarely used, I recently fell back in love with my LB but find it near impossible to get satisfying vapor or even visible vapor with the whip. Any suggestions?

Edit: btw I'd like to think I'm season veteran with the box when comes to hitting native or with the stem so I know I have the technique down

ehakim,

Bon Dog

Does anyone else have trouble getting good hits off the whip? I have a 1ft whip I bought a while back and rarely used, I recently fell back in love with my LB but find it near impossible to get satisfying vapor or even visible vapor with the whip. Any suggestions?

Edit: btw I'd like to think I'm season veteran with the box when comes to hitting native or with the stem so I know I have the technique down
the diameter at the end of the whip is larger than the stem making the change somewhat difficult. my fix was to buy another stem and put it on the mouth end of the whip

Bon Dog,

ehakim

It's funny you say that since I've already done that because I broke a glass stem so I filed down the sharp edge and the switched it for the plastic end, found no difference tho :/

ehakim,

Bon Dog

It's funny you say that since I've already done that because I broke a glass stem so I filed down the sharp edge and the switched it for the plastic end, found no difference tho :/
was it the glass stem that broke? cus i can melt sharp edges with just a simple torch
plus its X2 reclaim hahah

Bon Dog,

ehakim

Yea, looking back that would have been easier on my ears than sanding down the glass, I hate that sound

ehakim,

Quetzalcoatl

I think using the whip is easier! Since you can totally look at the stem/trench you can see how fast the vapor is flowing out and how thick it is. In fact I just used mine a few times dry (usually hooked up to the rig) and got a huge hit; big enough to make me cough some. Feeling it in the eyes now :cool:

I just hit it slowly and steadily with the whip. I don't know why it's not working for you :( I just hit mine again, at the rate that the vapor is rising it's getting sucked out so barely any time to build up in the trench area, and I blew out a pretty, vibrant blue cloud. Maybe your inhale is too fast? I honestly dunno :shrug:

the diameter at the end of the whip is larger than the stem making the change somewhat difficult. my fix was to buy another stem and put it on the mouth end of the whip
My actual whip had shorties on both ends?

ehakim

I'm loading a fresh trench and gonna try it out with the pa see if that does the trick... But ideally I'd like to use the whip with batts for stealth hits on the go

ehakim,

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel

If your glass stem is clean, you can try removing one of the shorty stems from the whip and replacing it with the glass one. Then, if you can get the light to catch it right, you can watch for the vapor in the glass stem while you hit, and use that as a visual aid to throttle your draw speed up or down. This is how I learned to take biiiig hits with the whip. It's interesting to me how each method of hitting the box (native, stem, dry whip, and I assume wpa) seems to have its own little learning curve. Adds a nice rewarding feeling in the end, imo!

Edit: Woops, I posted too slow! Just saw you broke your glass stem, unless you have another? Good luck with the next trench, happy trails :tup:

ehakim

If your glass stem is clean, you can try removing one of the shorty stems from the whip and replacing it with the glass one. Then, if you can get the light to catch it right, you can watch for the vapor in the glass stem while you hit, and use that as a visual aid to throttle your draw speed up or down. This is how I learned to take biiiig hits with the whip. It's interesting to me how each method of hitting the box (native, stem, dry whip, and I assume wpa) seems to have its own little learning curve. Adds a nice rewarding feeling in the end, imo!

Edit: Woops, I posted too slow! Just saw you broke your glass stem, unless you have another? Good luck with the next trench, happy trails :tup:

I've got another glass and a wood but I can watch the vapor forming in the first shorty stem that's attached to the box

ehakim,
Top Bottom