• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

luchiano

Here's what BHO looks like in the MFLB for anyone interested

Nice video! For better results, you should use smaller pieces of oil, and separate them so the oil won't melt together too much while heating up. When this happens you need a higher heat then necessary, and it would take longer. The size of a small red pepper seed or fenugreek seed, is all you need for each round, if you let the battery stay in for 10-15 seconds. Also, try to keep the paper flat, with only the edges folded up. Basically, design the paper to look just like the mflb screen. Then put the drop of oil on the middle of the screen allowing it to spread out evenly. This allows as much oil to touch the screen as possible.The whole reason for using oil with thin rolling paper in the mflb is quick vaporization with very little dilution from air, and easy clean up, which is not available in other vaporizers. You can always reload the chamber if you want more. Also, try to use fresh papers after 1 session because the more oil the paper holds on to, the higher the heat needs to be for quick vaporization, and it won't be as clean. Have fun.

luchiano,
Reactions: Vicki

stuey

I had an idea today.

Would a glass "bowl" or "boat" of some kind placed inside the trench allow you to vaporize hash oil without getting your screen clogged?

Glass isnt a very good conductor of heat so glass would be a poor choice. A better choice might be something like copper.

The problem you then face is how this boat fits into the trench. It really needs to fit perfectly, any slight gaps between the copper and the trench would result in a massive drop off in the amount of heat conducted into the boat as air is a poor conductor of heat and obviously any gap would contain air.

The trenches of LBs aren't made to the kind of very high tolerances that would be required to be able to have the boat fit.

You could probably come up with something that would work quite well with aluminium foil as it would be so thin that it could be easily moulded to an individual trench by pressing lightly on it with your fingers.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Glass isnt a very good conductor of heat so glass would be a poor choice. A better choice might be something like copper.

The problem you then face is how this boat fits into the trench. It really needs to fit perfectly, any slight gaps between the copper and the trench would result in a massive drop off in the amount of heat conducted into the boat as air is a poor conductor of heat and obviously any gap would contain air.

The trenches of LBs aren't made to the kind of very high tolerances that would be required to be able to have the boat fit.

You could probably come up with something that would work quite well with aluminium foil as it would be so thin that it could be easily moulded to an individual trench by pressing lightly on it with your fingers.

No, copper isn't a better choice, and neither is aluminum foil. As soon as you introduce a conductive material you change the resistance of the screen and therefore the performance of the box. It isn't possible to predict exactly how it will change, but what we can predict is that it won't be good for the LB. You will get hotspots at the contact points and the heat will not be distributed evenly through your tray.

Not recommended.

stuey

No, copper isn't a better choice, and neither is aluminum foil. As soon as you introduce a conductive material you change the resistance of the screen and therefore the performance of the box. It isn't possible to predict exactly how it will change, but what we can predict is that it won't be good for the LB. You will get hotspots at the contact points and the heat will not be distributed evenly through your tray.

Not recommended.

Well its still a better choice than glass.

stuey,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Well its still a better choice than glass.

Probably. The rolling paper idea is the way I used to use oil back in the 70s, because I hated the old "hot knives" trick that some of my buddies used. I'd either smear a line on it and roll up a thin one or (more often) I'd cut the paper up into toke-sized strips and just burn it in a pipe. If I were to try oil in the LB then rolling paper is the trick I'd use.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i used to do the same thing when i was younger... w/ hash... and w/ resin ha.. i would just put it on a piece of a rolling paper and wrap it up and twist it up in a ball and burn it up...the bottom would not burn for a min and cradle the melt so it doesn't run through.. when i tried it in the LB it leaked all over ha... so the boat is the way to go....

edit: about the metal i assumed metal sitting on the screen that has power going through would interfere in harmful way to the box??... not sure.. if i remember, MF said not to try using any metal in the trench for some reason... i wondered about using tiny strong magnets to transfer electricity from the rails through the (thin) stainless steel insert?? never looked into it enough.. don't know enough about magnets or electricity.. just something i was thinking about a while ago..

Buildozer,

I_wanted_truth

Can I assume that the car adapter puts out 12 volts? I want to try it with my Underdog, but don't want to brake anything.

Thanks!

I_wanted_truth,

Kian

oddball musician
I just wanted to add to this thread that the Magic Flight people are great with the warranty.
My box's screen became too blocked to function properly, it still worked but noticeably less efficiently. It was my fault as I had lost the brush (a kitten actually ate the head, really…) and used a crystals I'd been collecting amongst other heavy use (I was using it for every hit over summer, and lots of them!), the trying to clear the screen from vaped trichomes using your fingers just ends up with too many being pushed into the screen, so yeah that plus heavy usage and no real cleaning lead to a less functional box. I tried isopropyl but it was too thick.

The Magic Flight team got back to me very quickly with directions on how to activate the warranty and get a new box. Once this was done I got an e-mail saying a new box was sent out and (I live in England) I should expect a package within 30 days. customs etc.. anyway, a week later I have a new box. The one thing that I was worried about was the wait for the box to get from America to England, but it was here in no time and now I can vape wherever I want with my favourite portable vapouriser!
Great company, outstanding product and they're true to the warranty and very quick, even if you're far overseas.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
I just wanted to add to this thread that the Magic Flight people are great with the warranty.
My box's screen became too blocked to function properly, it still worked but noticeably less efficiently. It was my fault as I had lost the brush (a kitten actually ate the head, really…) and used a crystals I'd been collecting amongst other heavy use (I was using it for every hit over summer, and lots of them!), the trying to clear the screen from vaped trichomes using your fingers just ends up with too many being pushed into the screen, so yeah that plus heavy usage and no real cleaning lead to a less functional box. I tried isopropyl but it was too thick.

The Magic Flight team got back to me very quickly with directions on how to activate the warranty and get a new box. Once this was done I got an e-mail saying a new box was sent out and (I live in England) I should expect a package within 30 days. customs etc.. anyway, a week later I have a new box. The one thing that I was worried about was the wait for the box to get from America to England, but it was here in no time and now I can vape wherever I want with my favourite portable vapouriser!
Great company, outstanding product and they're true to the warranty and very quick, even if you're far overseas.

Glad to hear you didn't have any problems! :)

Vicki,

snr420

Nice video! For better results, you should use smaller pieces of oil, and separate them so the oil won't melt together too much while heating up. When this happens you need a higher heat then necessary, and it would take longer. The size of a small red pepper seed or fenugreek seed, is all you need for each round, if you let the battery stay in for 10-15 seconds. Also, try to keep the paper flat, with only the edges folded up. Basically, design the paper to look just like the mflb screen. Then put the drop of oil on the middle of the screen allowing it to spread out evenly. This allows as much oil to touch the screen as possible.The whole reason for using oil with thin rolling paper in the mflb is quick vaporization with very little dilution from air, and easy clean up, which is not available in other vaporizers. You can always reload the chamber if you want more. Also, try to use fresh papers after 1 session because the more oil the paper holds on to, the higher the heat needs to be for quick vaporization, and it won't be as clean. Have fun.

Definitely going to use less oil in the future. When you do huge globs you get oil spots in your screen...

snr420,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I also have an exotic walnut LB and finishing grinder. I also have two regular maple LB's. I thought I would round out my collection and get a cherry LB. :)
nice... you pretty much have to get one then.. haha.. matching grinder too:D

Buildozer,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
I also have an exotic walnut LB and finishing grinder. I also have two regular maple LB's. I thought I would round out my collection and get a cherry LB. :)
Whoa! Wouldn't you rather buy a couple of other vapes or save up for some crazy glass instead of that? :) What do you do with so many LBs? Are they for multiple family members?

JeeSee,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Whoa! Wouldn't you rather buy a couple of other vapes or save up for some crazy glass instead of that? :) What do you do with so many LBs? Are they for multiple family members?

I do have some other vaporizers packed away, but I like the LB's best. I have solely used the MFLB for years now. They help me get medicated, and also help me conserve the maximum amount of herbs. That is very important to me. :)

Rather than carrying loads for her LB, she can just carry multiple loaded LBs.

I've done this, on more than one occasion. :)

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
some times you just gotta finish what you started haha. the 3 woods w/ their own grinders in good condition.. and the extra maple daily driver.. i think that's it.. haha

Top Bottom