• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I know! The taste will fix itself in a few trenches' time, hopefully... It cleaned up pretty well, though. Thanks for the condolences guys. I've got something a bit more positive to end the night on, though :)

So unfortunately due to some external circumstances, my plans fell through for tonight so I thought I'd drop a quick little review on a new grinder I got some weeks back... The V-Syndicate Triple X card grinder! The "Color" series has a price range of $7.99 - $15.99, with my particular model being $11.99, but the LSH had it for $8.99. I actually didn't end up buying it, I bought the slyme dome and a male slide/bowl which was quite cheap (I figured it would be good as a back up, just in case...), and the person helping me just tossed it in the bag and said they weren't selling very well and I was a cool dude...

Anyways, as we know, the Launch Box does love a fine grind, so I was most interested in the fine grind X. Pictured is the grinder card with a small nug of some very dry Red Dragon. I broke it up into small pieces like in the picture, and used my thumb to rub the bud over the grates. I think it's important to mention that I did NOT hurt myself on the grate while using it. In fact, I just rubbed my pinkie knuckle on both sides of the grates and I didn't feel much discomfort. I'm sure if I pressed as hard as I can I'd do something, but I wasn't too shy about putting a bit of pressure on it.

What I like about the card grinder is that it isn't very flimsy. It has a bit of bend to it, but it's not so bad as to affect the experience or detract from performance. I was also quite pleasantly surprised at how well it functioned. Another neat thing I didn't think about at first was that due to the size of the small holes on the fine grate, the stems separate from the actual bud getting ground up, and so you end up with just the bit of stem rubbing on the grate and no bud left on it. It made it fairly easy to separate the stems, although I did notice that if I pressed down hard I could grind up the stems as well. It also handled the little odds-and-ends bits of leaf with ease, and the form factor also helps to scoop your little piles easier than doing it with your fingers.

One of the things that I noticed about it is that it really likes dry material. I'm imagining that I'll have a less satisfactory grind experience if I use stuff that's cured for combustion, or material with more moisture than normal. Keep your stuff dry (like, bordering bone dry if not bone dry) and it will grind with ease. It's also probably not the best choice if you have problems with pain or stiffness in your digits because of how it functions. One more thing I noticed nearly as soon as I used it is that a little bit of kief/plant matter will stick to the finger you're using to press the stuff down with. This isn't a problem with 2+ piece grinders because there is much less direct contact with the herbs.

The bottom two pictures, the first one is the grind consistency from the middle grate, and the last picture is the consistency on the finest of the three.

I give this product an 8/10. I love how small it is, it doesn't have a lid that can get lost and render it useless, and it's not going to break teeth or jam up every two grinds like some other 2 piece grinders would. On the downside, it may be uncomfortable to use for some and it doesn't have a containing chamber, so you're going to be grinding down into a tray or something that will catch your material.

I would recommend it to people that have the money to spend on a more novel grinding apparatus, given the fact that there aren't many things that can mechanically happen to it to cause failure. It's definitely something I'm glad I have laying around, even if it doesn't see much use here in my room (I can see myself being glad to have it in my kit in certain situations, and it's small enough that it takes up next to no room in my tin.)

http://www.grindercards.com/

This is the card that I own.

gPBwFYph.jpg

EFcR93Ah.jpg

2xz129Yh.jpg

OF

Now my mouth tastes bad, my box is GROSS because it LEGITIMATELY CHERRIED half the trench, and my little tube smells of disappointment. Time to get the ISO out :cry:

Bummer man, but IMO this is no time to start drinking. Face the trouble, don't run from it. Clean up the box and move on.

I know getting drunk and forgetting sounds good right now. If you really need to, then go for it....but use Scotch or Rum or something.....that ISO will give you a nasty nasty hangover. Last thing you'll need tomorrow when you have to finally clean up the box....

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Hahah OF, you're funny! :) I used the ISO to clean my screen and my water pipe to remove the funny taste. I'm drinking tea tonight :zzz:

OF

Whew... good thing he didn't literally drink the alcohol, huh? :uhoh:

Close one there.

Amen on that, Big Guy. Isn't that what we're here for? Protecting each other and all? I mean we shouldn't be judgmental or anything....next time it could be you or I who reflexively reach for that bottle...

I think it's extra important with fellows like Q, no telling what he's likely to try doing next is there? I think he's OK now, but if necessary we should be ready to watch him in shifts until the danger passes, doncha think?

OF

Quetzalcoatl

Yeah, be extra careful tonight. I'm down to one trench :doh:

On the plus side I got paid a bit of money today so I might go get a bit more tomorrow

And now I'm down to zero trenches left :ko:

Quetzalcoatl,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Man, in California now is it legal to open a theater solely for stoners where you hand in perfectly dosed hash brownies a half hour before the film starts? I'm high as a kite and this sounds like a great idea to me.

JeeSee,
Reactions: axakal

OF

Man, in California now is it legal to open a theater solely for stoners where you hand in perfectly dosed hash brownies a half hour before the film starts? I'm high as a kite and this sounds like a great idea to me.

As I understand the law, arguably yes. It'd have to be a private ('closed') group with everyone having valid MMJ cards in possession. And the Health Department might get after you for serving food or some similar BS from 'the man', but I think you could make it legally a Dispensary with a movie room....yes, it would be neat.

You'd want a good lawyer on board, maybe give him a front row seat for his services?

In some areas of the country, informal bars known as 'Bottle Clubs' are common. Members individually or in groups buy liquor to consume there (at lower costs of course). Perhaps something on that line?

OF

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Yes! Man, we could start one of these in Amsterdam, too. Made firecrackers with ABV for the first time today, just shoved the biscuits + cheese + organo + pot on about six biscuits, microwaved for thirty secs and ate. Hope it works!

JeeSee,
Reactions: axakal

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
The continued adventures of Magic-Flight's "The Finishing Grinder"…
(It is apparently the only product in their store that is worthy of an article in the title, see for yourself! :smug:)

I'm not blessed with sensible legislation in the area, so this morning I found myself with a dwindled flower supply and no new crop waiting in the wings to replace it. Fortunately, I was soon to find myself thankful that I had experimented with leaving my ABV slightly less V over the past month or so as an exercise in making things last longer. I took my ABV jar, tapped some out into the trench, hooked up the PA and bubbler, and… I paused, and wondered about the already double-ground material in my trench (my fresh flowers go into a Mendo Mulcher first, then on to The Finishing Grinder when it's time to partake). Could TFG do any more for these leftovers?

It turns out that, yes, it could! I wasn't confident at first that it would do much, as the material was fine enough that some did fall through immediately after placing it into the grinder. However, I found that what did remain responded well to the following treatment:
  1. Crush, via a simple vertical pressing action using the top half of TFG. The dryness of the ABV means this does something!
  2. Macerate, by twisting while pressing firmly. If crushing didn't help it enough, that will do the trick and deposit it into the trench.
I carefully twisted and pulled off the base of the grinder from the Launch Box (letting it pop off wildly is not fun…) and was shocked! There was a healthy dusting of very fine material across the ABV that had fallen straight through. Seemed to me to be as fine as what might come out of a coffee grinder.

Now, I'll never argue that The Finishing Grinder could ever match a coffee grinder in thoroughness. But, I find that this little grinder can really perform if you are looking for a low-tech, electron-less, use-your-hands experience. It can easily be used "in the field" with some handy vials like OF recommended not long ago in this thread, and it is very easy to brush clean! It even has what I think of as a sort-of 'portable kief catcher' built into the interior shape of the wood under the grinding plate, which can be tapped/brushed out into your trench easily. And, I love things carved from wood.

ywDGQ3p.jpg

Oh, and the trench hit great. Trenches like it will make the wait for new flowers easier. My supply extends itself; vaporization and the MFLB continue to surprise and please.

Cheers, FC!

Mechtradevil20

Peanut Butter & Pickle Sandwich Enthusiast
Hey y'all, long time no post - so, my magic box is wearing a little thin, been dropped a few times, and I've constructed a lid-holder that is necessary because the lid cracked around the swinging hinge and lets out some vapor through the back if it isn't covered.
Because of this, I'm considering cashing in on my warranty soon, if I remember correctly, if the box's functionality is compromised at all, they will replace it, right?

The other part of what I'm wondering is, they've got all these great new woods and lid designs up on the store (check 'em out if you haven't yet!), so I don't know what the precedent is, if any, for trading up to a different wood/getting a lid design with my warranty replacement?? Has anyone done a deal with Magic Flight where they get their replacement but pay a little extra by mail or online or something to get an 'exotic' wood box?
I suppose I will just email Magic Flight to ask about this, but I figured I'd see if anyone has done this so far.

Mechtradevil20,

poonman

Hey y'all, long time no post - so, my magic box is wearing a little thin, been dropped a few times, and I've constructed a lid-holder that is necessary because the lid cracked around the swinging hinge and lets out some vapor through the back if it isn't covered.
Because of this, I'm considering cashing in on my warranty soon, if I remember correctly, if the box's functionality is compromised at all, they will replace it, right?

The other part of what I'm wondering is, they've got all these great new woods and lid designs up on the store (check 'em out if you haven't yet!), so I don't know what the precedent is, if any, for trading up to a different wood/getting a lid design with my warranty replacement?? Has anyone done a deal with Magic Flight where they get their replacement but pay a little extra by mail or online or something to get an 'exotic' wood box?
I suppose I will just email Magic Flight to ask about this, but I figured I'd see if anyone has done this so far.

Hey I remember you ,
You're the one with all them " Freakin " chargers ....

Yes , a broken lid is covered by the warranty . ime
As for trading up , the e-mail thing is what you need to do .
And I'm sure you're aware of the new stronger batteries .
I wouldn't get the design cover lids personally .
I need to see the herbs cooking .

poonman,

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Vaped off my tits, trying to tackle that short story that's been eluding me so long. I really hate waiting eight hours to get my Sony 2700s on full charge though. I can't wait for MF to reply to my email so I can ask them to ship my PA. It'll take a while getting to India I'm sure. :( There's only one reason I'd ever want to move to america and that's to buy stuff online.

Here's some of the shit outdoor I am forced to vape in India prettified on an instagram quivalent. It's ok because I vape it though - can you imagine smoking that?!

2hg5myb.jpg

there are twenty gazillion seeds and stems the size of saplings. Hell to clean.

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Heck, don't come to America to shop online. Come to America for the HERB!

Man, I feel for you. :ugh:
Haha, I lived in Amsterdam for a year, so I don't think America's high on my list of places to move to in order to get high. Thanks for the invite though. :p

JeeSee,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
While known for their fine herbage... Amsterdam isn't the be-all, end-all of Herb anymore. These days, its mostly rep built over decades. But, hey... a past year in Amsterdam, if that does it for you. More power to ya! :tup:

Me? I'm gonna go take a few more pulls off my MFLB and bubbler, vaping on some excellent Karma Bitch (yes, that's the name). :cool:

(clickable)

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
I don't know man, personally I've tried some of the finest from a lot of places - the famous BC Bud, some superlative shit my friend got down from university in Miami, some (get this) indoor grown Jamaican from Hawaii that blew me away with it's potency, although it was pungent as all hell.
Honestly, a nice gram of some Jack Herrer or Bubblegum Haze from my favourite Coffeeshop is smoother and sharper in every way. :)

JeeSee,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Not trying to be combative. But, in today's world... with information shared freely and instantly. I seriously doubt, there is any difference in breeding/growing/cultivating marijuana in Amsterdam vs the United States. We have every conceivable indoor method available and pretty much any climate, you could want... to grow marijuana.

Either you experienced this some time ago, when there was some difference in the playing field, or perhaps you're experiencing something of a placebo effect.

Not that it really matters. To each his own.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: vii and OF

OF

Interesting discussion. It's been entirely too long since I was in Amsterdam to compare but being a capitalist at heart and knowing smart and dedicated folks are pushing the envelope here in California for mere money in the Dispensary supply industry (Dispensaries buy from whomever offers the best bud) I suspect the trend to better and better is ongoing everywhere.

Let me ask a question that may shed some light, who's growing the award winning herb in the competitions?

OF

OF,

poonman

I'm not as trusting , when it comes to awards and competitions .
Especially if there is a bottom line $$$ involved .
I feel the event can be fixed and bought !
Case in point .....vaporfection won the last one for best something ?
Really ???

Yes , if we are just comparing pics posted by BDV and JeeSee .
Man , I feel for ya JeeSee , especially when you've experienced living in Amsterdam .

I think the answer to OF question is BC bud ...I think .
I do not know why I look forward to BC buds more so than Ontario grown buds .
It may be psychological because of the rep thing .
But I think in theory , weed grown by a large body of salt water makes it better . imo
and of course the climate too .

Hey JeeSee ,
Why are you in India ?
Job related ? School ?
Try and get a transfer to North America :)
It's " One " of the best places to live if you LOVE MJ .

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
....Let me ask a question that may shed some light, who's growing the award winning herb in the competitions?
OF
california and colorado from what i understand...

JeeSee, how is india?... i have to get out there some time... it's one of the places i really want to visit. now i know when i go i'll have to bring my own herb ha... or some seeds and stay long enough ha.. whats the climate like out there? and the herb/psychedelic law.

Top Bottom