• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OF

Thanks OF. I can see the extra space in the vial being advantageous during shaking, and the fact that they fit perfectly into a battery case is a huge bonus. The 1 dram it is.

You're very welcome, I bet you like it too. Once I had a scoop and funnel figured out I can load a week's worth of vials easily and have not had an under or over filled trench since.

Best wishes.

OF

OF,

xclarryx

hey all I bought some new batteries cause my original Mflb batteries are shot, and I can't seem to get them to work. I went to Walmart and bought some Energizer recharge 2300mah, charged with the original charger I got with my Mflb. I peeled the label and glue off, they won't work. any help?
It'd be really appreciated, thanks.

xclarryx,

OF

How tight are they? The ground ring has to be snug, which doesn't happen on all brands.

Do you see any light at all?

OF

OF,

skippy

hey all I bought some new batteries cause my original Mflb batteries are shot, and I can't seem to get them to work. I went to Walmart and bought some Energizer recharge 2300mah, charged with the original charger I got with my Mflb. I peeled the label and glue off, they won't work. any help?
It'd be really appreciated, thanks.
I don't know, some batteries are just crap. I bought some that were supposed to be 2400 and they failed after two tokes on a trench. They just didn't cut it. I would only recommend the MFLB stock batteries or powerex, they're the only ones I've had success with.

axakal

i've only used eneloops and have no reason to complain.

I don't know, some batteries are just crap. I bought some that were supposed to be 2400 and they failed after two tokes on a trench. They just didn't cut it. I would only recommend the MFLB stock batteries or powerex, they're the only ones I've had success with.

axakal,

Nycdeisel

Still hate that WPA! Haha. I gave mine away to someone who used em. I think the new whip is worlds better. However, ya caught me, Im using the MFLB dry right now, with the wooden stem :)
Oh man. That's a tough one. I used to HATE the WPA. However, now that I've built up a completely different glass collection, it depends on what I'm using.

Some pieces that its easy for me to see the WPA and hold the MFLB up to it... I much prefer it. Otherwise I'll choose the whip. However, the style perc can play into that also.

My Leviathan Lattice bubbler for instance, can milk a NICE hit off the WPA. Hook up a whip, its kind of weak. Try to use the WPA with my big 22" tube, no go. Hook up a whip... I can kinda milk it (it ain't easy).

I do really like, especially the smaller tubing on the WPW. Makes it much easier to deal with, than the 1/4" ID stuff. I love the wood piece/GonG attachment. Only real knock I have on it, was I was hoping they would use a shorty glass stem.

Your Highness

Cannasseur
This thread has inspired me to dust off my MFLB. This little guy used to help me through some pretty tough days at the office.

In recent days I have done the same. I have been lurking the thread for the last 20 or so pages. I just picked up 4 fresh Powerex batts and a La Crosse charger. Yesterday I decided to use the box exclusively and I was mighty impressed. I had no desire to reach for any of my other vapes and I was thoroughly satisfied for the entire evening. I was actually quite amazed at the performance. And my technique and general vaporization knowledge has come a long ways from when I first purchased it which greatly added to the enjoyment.

I have a new found respect for the box. In fact its the only thing that I left the house with this morning! :)

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
....Consider roasting marshmallows over the camp fire. We're roasting herb here, I think the model holds. Past a certain point a bigger fire doesn't roast the marshmallows any faster (or better), it just forces the campers further away from the bigger fire and burns up the firewood faster.

If you want bigger clouds, load more. Grind finer, dry it out, pack it in, draw slow. That changes the equation. Hotter fire doesn't......
OF
this is mostly how i feel about the new MFLB batteries:ninja: ... to be fair though i haven't tried using the new batteries through water yet, but i imagine i'd be more of a fan like that.. i mostly use the PA for that kind of thing though so i haven't made it a point to try it... i like the way you put that ^^^... i quoted from another thread but i thought it applied to my opinions on this perfectly.. well put OF:tup:

Buildozer,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
GOOD batteries and the box aren't much a problem for milking some glass, provided technique and material preparation is also up to par. Hell, once I got the Logos I only used the PA when I was charging (on heavy use days basically.)

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
Man, I haven't used my stems in months. I have a bit of a problem, personally, I'd be happy if you guys could help: there's a small crack on my plastic cover, right where the steel pin enters the wood. I don't know how it got there, I handle my LB with great care - I assume it was one of my friends. Problem is, the cover's gotten loose since. It still holds with that tiny ball bearing when I'm hitting it, but I can't help but be bothered by the fact that it moves in ways it was not intended to. Plus, it's only a matter of time before it gets looser and looser until I can't use it.
I live in India, so replacing the box would be torture, I won't have a vape for at least a month. Is there any way I ccan tighten the plastic cover (delicately)?

JeeSee,

Nycdeisel

Its beautiful. I love my glass of course, but I think maybe more condensates on the glass? yeah I would think so. Taste: Cant say i can notice one but honestly i gave up the glass stem a while back haha the wooden one is too cool. Plus it feels really nice. My wooden stem also matches my box very nicely. So, the glass stem is nice, easy to clean(good to use with other people), however every wooden stem is unique! Who doesnt love that?
how is the wooden stem compared to the glass stem? ordered mine along with the PA, but it might take a while until it arrives.

Nycdeisel,

OF

I live in India, so replacing the box would be torture, I won't have a vape for at least a month. Is there any way I ccan tighten the plastic cover (delicately)?

Yes there is. Rotate the cover out of the way so the end of the spring hangs in space over the wood. Then gently bend the tip of it down a bit. I've done this twice, once with some stout but thin nosed 'duckbill' pliers close to the right angle bend. The other time I did a good job with it by flexing the spring arm down and to one side against the wood (say at a 30 degree angle to straight down (which moves it off center and down a little bit) then did the same the other way (further down but now on center again).

I hope one of those will let you 'adjust' the spring? If it fails you should be able to source suitable material locally. The cover is acrylic plastic, typically referred to by the trade name "Plexiglass". Also suitable to the use, though not as optically perfect, is the 'safety glass' typically used to protect windows from impact, polycarbonate plastic, typically referred to by the trade name "Lexan". Either type is easy to saw, file and drill and a home made cover should be easily possible.

Good luck.

OF

Quetzalcoatl

how is the wooden stem compared to the glass stem? ordered mine along with the PA, but it might take a while until it arrives.
Probably better. I broke the glass stem that came with my replacement box within the hour of opening it... from a foot-high fumble onto tile flooring. Good thing I had a second one at home :)

JeeSee

Cultured Curmudgeon
I think it's worked, thanks OF. :) I'm not much good with tools, in that I've never used any and would probably chop appendages off - if it comes to that, I'll just get it replaced. :(

JeeSee,
Reactions: OF

OF

I think it's worked, thanks OF. :) I'm not much good with tools, in that I've never used any and would probably chop appendages off - if it comes to that, I'll just get it replaced. :(

Your call. I bet if you took the broken cover to someone they could cut one out of the plastic sheet and drill the hole for you. No need to get too involved with why......

Best wishes.

OF

OF,
Reactions: JeeSee

JPB

Hi y'all, yes it's like of said, roast and slowly inhale. I made a restrictive pipe to allow me to just draw at a normal rate, it slows airflow in box, allowing for constant vape output. Always visible vapor even from tiniest trench... Great weed saver and brain knocking as well. I used energizer batts too, not good contact to ground ring.. That said if one was to push batt in and cock it to the back of the box as well this creates contact and it works.. Well too.. Good to know, I always have my baby now its like so..

Pax rests... Nice vape but it does need lots of material and uses up that fast...will be used in trains and planes..

Minivap.. My go to brother, I remade her and it rocks now, no cutout and battery lasts a 6hour constant run time. I have only one setting max.. It's hooked to a whip and I can get tobacco vapes on my motorbike or paraglider. So it's my pick up and vape like a cigarette see. Can work on cars and get my nicotine... At night can make electronic circuits and hit pot nicely...

MFLB is my enjoy vape, stealth hitter, goodnight bed time buddy( always on floor in morning, can vape and pass out... Nice. A box of 4aa batts is fine for the day and fits in pocket great). This is the best vape period.. Best because:

1. It's simple, a screen short circuit on the battery... Steel wool on a 9v battery results in fire see, so simple. Nothing to bust if one never fingers the screen.

2. Small and large enough in bowl to last many nice hits.

3. It's beautiful and I love wood... So natural.

4. The makers respect life and love, see the message on the back reminds me we are all brothers and sisters trying to live in a hard yet beautiful universe...or multiverse...

5. It saves weed, tobacco so well, I'm saving massive bucks and getting more medicated or nicotined up for less. I have spare bucks to save and splurge on stock market. If stocks go up, I get a new vape , reinvest the rest and the cycle resumes.

6. Best of all it vapes on demand, not when it's gotten to temp... Etc. just push batt, suck and be happy.

So in all, I'll be probably having my last hit on one of these in 40 or so years when I'm on my death bed.. She will send me off nicely. So be cool, pot rules, its the best medicine and fun inducer... MFLB will always use it right too!

Edit I'm hitting her now... Happy Australia Day.. To all Aussies. Blowing vape rings, nice whispy blue rings.. So love your box. Get her out if you have her in storage, play with her, when you dial in, you will wonder why it was ever shelved.

Edit x2: like the skillet, cook and swirl technique for preheat stage; 5-15 seconds, then slow hit till it tastes just like its gonna burn then out the batt suck it all in cool down the trench. Like this its hard to hold in but it blows one away and puts out a cloud that will uncover your stealth. The trench is all spent after two goes, needs a flip over first before trench 2.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
....Happy Australia Day.. To all Aussies. Blowing vape rings, nice whispy blue rings.. So love your box. Get her out if you have her in storage, play with her, when you dial in, you will wonder why it was ever shelved....
my LB has been stored for ~10 days or so now and i think i need to bust it out and give some attention.. and feed it some herb haa, it's probably hungry.. iv'e almost forgotten how ripped it always gets me off so little.. and i could use its help cutting down a little bit lately... :peace: and happy Australia day to you :cheers:

Buildozer,

Quetzalcoatl

DAMNIT SHIT WHAT THE HELL

I LIT half my f****** trench on fire

LEGIT CHERRY!!

I thought it was the light when I looked down after looking at my tube get -crazy- milked... "damn that light is really bri- what the hell that's halfway down my tre- SHIT SHIT SHIT"

Well, what happened is that the ring is tighter around one of the two Log batteries... and kept the freaking battery in place for a few seconds longer than I anticipated. Of course I was expecting total loss of power and that didn't happen.

Now my mouth tastes bad, my box is GROSS because it LEGITIMATELY CHERRIED half the trench, and my little tube smells of disappointment. Time to get the ISO out :cry:

zixSuEy.jpg

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: axakal

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member

I LIT half my fucking trench on fire

LEGIT CHERRY!!

I thought it was the light when I looked down after looking at my tube get -crazy- milked... "damn that light is really bri- what the hell that's halfway down my tre- SHIT SHIT SHIT"

Well, what happened is that the ring is tighter around one of the two Log batteries... and kept the freaking battery in place for a few seconds longer than I anticipated. Of course I was expecting total loss of power and that didn't happen.

Now my mouth tastes bad, my box is GROSS because it LEGITIMATELY CHERRIED half the trench, and my little tube smells of disappointment. Time to get the ISO out :cry:

I feel for ya'. It's happened to the worst of us, and the reaction is always something like....
:peace:

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist

I LIT half my f****** trench on fire

LEGIT CHERRY!!

zixSuEy.jpg

Oh wow. That really sucks. :(

Top Bottom