• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Lenmar 2700's are really easy.. no residue at all.. i got mine at fry's electronics... they were 8 for under $20.. they also had 4 packs w/ a 4 battery case included but they were only a few bucks cheaper than the 8 pack w/o battery holders.

Buildozer,

Lindsey

VA_Kottonmouth_Kween
Hey everyone! I have not been on this page in over a year! Well, besides the other day when I flipped out trying to change my name to no avail. Anyhow, which do yall think is a better grinder for this little magic box, the Nano or the Finishing Grinder?

OF

Well, besides the other day when I flipped out trying to change my name to no avail.

Sorry user name 'no avail' was taken, there's a lot of members here you know, most of the good names are taken it seems?

(that's not serious....)

I really like the nano, although I've never even seen the finishing grinder. I find the nano does a great job if it's dry enough going in.

Otherwise, even with a coarser grind, I'm a fan of 'finger grinding' the load. I'll hit it a time or two until it's really dry (all the water is gone) and the action is just starting then dump it into my left palm. It crumbles very easily (and is not sticky) with thumb and forefinger of my right hand in a few seconds, then back into the box. I've even perfected putting it in a little pile in my palm, standing the box up on the Port side next to it then rotating them together dumping the load neatly back. Very quick and easy, and the next hit is the very best one of the trench usually.

(that part is).....

OF

Lindsey

VA_Kottonmouth_Kween
High OF! Thank you! I am using a pill fob I believe it is called to keep my pre-ground herb in. I have a Sour Deisel mix right now & I am just now hearing I am supposed to be leaving it out to dry before vaping it! (I got this little guy right before Christmas from Blissville.com) I want a fancy teeny grinder but I noticed when I grinded it with my fingers last night it did that same thing, for free! I was using a Da Buddha to vape since September of 2010 & when I DO smoke it tastes like meat &/or ciggs!!! (I quit ciggs 2 years & almost 10 months ago & am the only vegetarian in my family) As for my name, UGH Crites is my ex fiance's name. I found out he was cheating on me on Christmas day of 2011 & HATE seeing it every time I get on here, do you know who I would to talk to change it? Or IF I could?

Lindsey,

hoptimum

Hey everyone! I have not been on this page in over a year! Well, besides the other day when I flipped out trying to change my name to no avail. Anyhow, which do yall think is a better grinder for this little magic box, the Nano or the Finishing Grinder?

MFLB likes a very fine grind. I often use one of those whirly blade coffee grinders. You can get one for $10-15.

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
completely agree with OF on this.

i'm also one of those 'finger-grinders' when it comes to the MFLB. after just one or two hits, the material is usually the perfect dryness to crush up between your fingers. IMO it works better than the nano-grinder to get a finer grind. i still use the nano-grinder from time to time but that's if i'm just being fussy and don't want to get my fingers 'dirty'. however, i can't comment on the contrast of grind between the finishing grinder and my trusty ol' fingers.

Lindsey

VA_Kottonmouth_Kween

Right on, thank you!

completely agree with OF on this.

i'm also one of those 'finger-grinders' when it comes to the MFLB. after just one or two hits, the material is usually the perfect dryness to crush up between your fingers. IMO it works better than the nano-grinder to get a finer grind. i still use the nano-grinder from time to time but that's if i'm just being fussy and don't want to get my fingers 'dirty'. however, i can't comment on the contrast of grind between the finishing grinder and my trusty ol' fingers.

Right on, thank you!

So, Should I be actually leaving my jar open letting my bud dry out before whichever method of grinding?

Lindsey,
Reactions: OF

nopartofme

Over the falls, in a barrel
Since it seems like not many around here have a finishing grinder, I'd like to say that I love mine. Just don't give it wet herb. Keep it dry and it works great! The cheese-grater grind gives a consistency that really hits quick and great from the start, in my experience. The lip and square nature of the lid makes it easy to turn, and the design looks really classy as well, in my opinion. All this without mentioning that it grinds right into the trench! It is a little pricy, but the little thing even has a lifetime warranty of its own… I think it's a great buy if you've got the spare cash for it.

OF

Hello again, welcome to all the fun.....

Name change should be possible in most systems, it takes clout of course, contact any of the Moderators by PM, they'll set you right or pass you to the guy who will.

I think keeping it 'well cured' (not so damp it risks mold) is OK, but before grinding you want it dry enough so it doesn't gum up in the grinder. With the interlocking fingers kind it makes it very hard to turn and cuts ragged, it can gum up the coffee grinders (which are great IMO as well). I usually give it a few hours after grinding as well before I seal it again.

Since we're talking MFLB here, here's what I do..... A gram or two at a time I grind in the coffee grinder and let it air until it flows freely in the little tin I use. I then load a series of on dram vials with 1/8 gram each, premeasured trenches. I find it's really fast (20 seconds typically each) to scoop out just under the mark then add up into range. I have a box of vials and a small plastic funnel to go with the scoop. They weigh just under ten grams total, they go on the scale, I zero it out, scoop it in and add enough extra to get the reading between .120 and .130 grams. Change the funnel to the next, zero the scale, add the scoop, trim the weight, change the funnel..... In a few minutes preloaded trenches for the week are ready to go. Makes it real easy to plan, 3 vials with 2 batteries is easy to meet for me.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/1dramamberglassvialwblackcap.aspx

They also sell clear of course, along with a bunch of other neat stuff, but I kinda like the amber.

Best wishes

OF

Edit: BTW you'll notice there's an 'edit' button at the bottom of your posts (only) for about 4 hours after you post? Protocol around here is to use that function to add to an existing post rather than make more than one in a row. That's how I just added this edit in fact. No big deal, but you will get called out for it. OF

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
...It is a little pricy, but the little thing even has a lifetime warranty of its own… I think it's a great buy if you've got the spare cash for it.
cool i didn't know that... maybe now i'll get one some day ha... i can imagine getting it and hardly using it though haa.. still be cool to have. gotta love that lifetime warranty

Buildozer,

OF

... i can imagine getting it and hardly using it though haa.. still be cool to have.

I'd guess a lot of guys buy them that way, many on a lark in fact. However, if you read this thread you'll find lots of them really come to like the humble box. Not only does it have a neat little charm all it's own but it can perform surprisingly well. Few of us are willing to part with ours. Many of us bought backups for exotic wood boxes for special occasions when we could have bought 'the next vape'.

Your chances of regretting it are IMO small.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vicki

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I'd guess a lot of guys buy them that way, many on a lark in fact. However, if you read this thread you'll find lots of them really come to like the humble box. Not only does it have a neat little charm all it's own but it can perform surprisingly well. Few of us are willing to part with ours. Many of us bought backups for exotic wood boxes for special occasions when we could have bought 'the next vape'.

Your chances of regretting it are IMO small.

OF
i'm sure i wouldn't regret it even if i didn't use it... those grinders are a cool looking, and it would complete my LB set up nice.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well... if we're changing names... I have a request...

Anyway... that old rule of thumb on the condition of my herb. If it rips, tears, or shreds... its too wet. If its got that little bit of crunch, IMO, the MF Nano grinder is more than enough. If I didn't have that consistency in the herb, then I do the same as OF, though I would probably end up splurging for the finishing grinder.

Though, I usually load my MFLB with the stuff, on the bottom of the containers, I store my usual grind in. That stuff, is damn close to kief, since I don't separate.

Kind of like this.

(This is OG, White Knight and Rattlesnake)
20130120_233057.jpg

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I've been getting pretty decent results with my grinders and this "Red Dragon" bud (I think that's what it was called?) lately. The stuff is bone dry, just to my liking, and apparently to the grinder and my box's liking as well. No need to get the coffee grinder out this time. I'll get pictures in a bit, my phone died earlier for the first time in months and I just put it to charge.

Quetzalcoatl,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
i usually just grind average and let it air dry out.. then i jar it and finger grind it super fine when i need it... my grinders nothing special its just some acrylic pirymid tooth grinder... i got that grinder like ten years ago haha and never needed more.. it's actually the only grinder iv'e ever owned.. i used to mostly hand grind my bud when i used to roll...

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
For those of you who own the WPA and the WPW, could you please compare the two? I'm thinking about picking up the WPW (if MF ever calls me back about placing an order...ahem), but only if it is an improvement over the WPA.

Thanks in advance.

sydnee,

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
For those of you who own the WPA and the WPW, could you please compare the two? I'm thinking about picking up the WPW (if MF ever calls me back about placing an order...ahem), but only if it is an improvement over the WPA.

Thanks in advance.
The old-school WPA relies on you lining the intake hole with the draw hole of the box. Not really a problem, but the way the WPA is angled, it works best for pieces with the 45 degree downstem joint. If you have a 90 degree piece the WPA is angled upwards so some of the bud might fall to the end of the box and not be totally vaporized. It also prevents you from seeing the content.

The new (and definitely improved!) WPW is a better piece I think. It's the GonG and wooden pyramid that hold the end of a whip with the nub for your box. No more aligning the hole, just plug it in, attach to the downstem, and you're good to go. You can buy some tubing and cut out a piece to your liking and use that instead, if you want a shorter or longer piece. Oh, by the way, the WPW comes apart. You can slide the GonG attachment off from the wooden logo pyramid, and then remove the pyramid as well and you've got their whip attachment with two short nubs. It's 2 in 1.

I haven't bothered with the old WPA since getting this one for free in the contest. They definitely nailed it second time around.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: sydnee

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Oh man. That's a tough one. I used to HATE the WPA. However, now that I've built up a completely different glass collection, it depends on what I'm using.

Some pieces that its easy for me to see the WPA and hold the MFLB up to it... I much prefer it. Otherwise I'll choose the whip. However, the style perc can play into that also.

My Leviathan Lattice bubbler for instance, can milk a NICE hit off the WPA. Hook up a whip, its kind of weak. Try to use the WPA with my big 22" tube, no go. Hook up a whip... I can kinda milk it (it ain't easy).

I do really like, especially the smaller tubing on the WPW. Makes it much easier to deal with, than the 1/4" ID stuff. I love the wood piece/GonG attachment. Only real knock I have on it, was I was hoping they would use a shorty glass stem.

smatter

Hello again, welcome to all the fun.....

Name change should be possible in most systems, it takes clout of course, contact any of the Moderators by PM, they'll set you right or pass you to the guy who will.

I think keeping it 'well cured' (not so damp it risks mold) is OK, but before grinding you want it dry enough so it doesn't gum up in the grinder. With the interlocking fingers kind it makes it very hard to turn and cuts ragged, it can gum up the coffee grinders (which are great IMO as well). I usually give it a few hours after grinding as well before I seal it again.

Since we're talking MFLB here, here's what I do..... A gram or two at a time I grind in the coffee grinder and let it air until it flows freely in the little tin I use. I then load a series of on dram vials with 1/8 gram each, premeasured trenches. I find it's really fast (20 seconds typically each) to scoop out just under the mark then add up into range. I have a box of vials and a small plastic funnel to go with the scoop. They weigh just under ten grams total, they go on the scale, I zero it out, scoop it in and add enough extra to get the reading between .120 and .130 grams. Change the funnel to the next, zero the scale, add the scoop, trim the weight, change the funnel..... In a few minutes preloaded trenches for the week are ready to go. Makes it real easy to plan, 3 vials with 2 batteries is easy to meet for me.

http://www.specialtybottle.com/1dramamberglassvialwblackcap.aspx

They also sell clear of course, along with a bunch of other neat stuff, but I kinda like the amber.

Best wishes

OF

Edit: BTW you'll notice there's an 'edit' button at the bottom of your posts (only) for about 4 hours after you post? Protocol around here is to use that function to add to an existing post rather than make more than one in a row. That's how I just added this edit in fact. No big deal, but you will get called out for it. OF

I like the idea of bottling trenches. Do I understand correctly that the 1 dram holds 3 trenches? I like the green 5/8 dram since I am only interested in bottling 1 trench.

I just looked at your post again and you said 3 vials and two batteries so I'm guessing one trench per vial. Will 1 trench fit into the 5/8 dram? It is 1 inch tall as opposed to 1.75".

Okay, duh, you clearly say between .120g and .130g per vial, but my question about the 5/8 dram still stands.

smatter,

OF

I like the idea of bottling trenches. Do I understand correctly that the 1 dram holds 3 trenches? I like the green 5/8 dram since I am only interested in bottling 1 trench.

I just looked at your post again and you said 3 vials and two batteries so I'm guessing one trench per vial. Will 1 trench fit into the 5/8 dram? It is 1 inch tall as opposed to 1.75".

Okay, duh, you clearly say between .120g and .130g per vial, but my question about the 5/8 dram still stands.

Yes, one trench per. No guessing in the field, you can do it in the dark even. Most loads will fit the 5/8 dram ones but I find the extra space really helps. Shake it a bit before opening and it flows out easily. The vials fit into most AA battery cases, I carry one with two vials and two batteries and a load in the box. Small in the pocket, 3 guaranteed trenches on tap. Very handy. I'll also carry both loose too, but the box makes it handy.

Also handy, BTW is this case:
http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-TB...959406&sr=8-2&keywords=case+logic+camera+case

which seems to have gone up in price by nearly two bucks since August when last I bought some.....I may be recommending it too much?

OF

smatter

Thanks OF. I can see the extra space in the vial being advantageous during shaking, and the fact that they fit perfectly into a battery case is a huge bonus. The 1 dram it is.

smatter,
Top Bottom