• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

flouris

I know this is probably a q that gets asked all the time, but I've poked through a few pages of this thread and not seen any mention so I figure I'll just ask.

I bought my box in spring of 2012 and it has been amazing. I use it daily. Over the last month or so I notice that even with the batteries fully charged, the light in the vape glows strong at first but gradually fades to an almost non-existent orange (takes about 10-15 seconds to get to that point). It still vapes alright, but I feel like it used to produce a lot more 'smoke' (or whatever we refer to visible exhaled vapor as).

So I guess my question is does this mean my batteries need replacing? Or does this mean the light in my box is dying (I read that eventually happens)? I just don't wanna spring for new batteries only to find the issue continuing.

Thanks!

flouris,

flouris

Ahh ok, thank you. Yes it's a little upsetting.. I've found the only way I can get a decent hit is to stand where the charger is and use each battery for about 5-8 seconds each (in rapid succession). Bleh. Too bad the power adapter isn't on Amazon. I got tons of Amazon credit this xmas and would love for it to go to go MFLB.

flouris,

escierdanyc

I'm on the verge of getting new batteries but would like to know of some recommendations other than the stock ones? Something that'll give me a good strong hit.

escierdanyc,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I wish I would have at the time, but... you should pick up a nice charger, at the same time. One with the ability to Refresh the cells. I brought a pair of Kodak batteries back to life and they're working exceptionally well (don't use them for the box).

This is the one I just picked up. I love it. Maha/PowerEx make similar (nicer) chargers... but they cost twice as much.

flouris

I just grabbed a cheapo pair of replacement batteries off amazon but I do really want the adapter eventually. I just hate the idea of being tethered with a cord.

flouris,

OF

I just grabbed a cheapo pair of replacement batteries off amazon but I do really want the adapter eventually.

A 'cheap pair of batteries off Amazon' is probably a mistake. MFLB is actually a very demanding load for the poor little guys. You should probably stick to the proven types if you want good service.

Good luck. I agree, it sounds like you need to replace your batteries, they do get weak.

OF

OF,

smatter

Thanks to all of you here, the commissioning of my LB was a success. Finely ground herb, a full trench, a 5 second warm up, and a nice slow draw... easy peasy. I used it native and will continue to use it that way. I can see the value in the new finishing grinder for one who uses the box lightly. The big grinder I have doesn't really achieve a fine enough particle size and getting it from the grinder into the trench is a precarious operation. I like the idea of pinching off a few bits and grinding right into the box as needed. My birthday is coming up in a couple of months if I can wait that long ;~)

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
When you e-mailed your warranty claim to MF .
Did you get an auto-reply immediately , confirming your e-mail ?...
All of my responses took ~3 days... you really get an immediate auto reply response?... it must be because i always just email customer service instead of warranty haa... that's the email address in my email contacts ha. if that's the case then i'll go for the immediate response next time...

Buildozer,

OF

All of my responses took ~3 days... you really get an immediate auto reply response?... it must be because i always just email customer service instead of warranty haa... that's the email address in my email contacts ha. if that's the case then i'll go for the immediate response next time...

Cool. That would, I think, explain the very different results you're reporting. Not that others don't have similar issues from time to time, it just seems like most of them find the response in spam folders (who knows how that happens?). I think very few (if any, as I suspect) are ignored for long. Unlike some, MF puts a lot of effort into good Customer Support, it would be shortsighted indeed to negate that with even a few lame cases. Hopefully you're on the road to satisfaction.

Misunderstanding beats negligence or malice.

Thanks for the word, good luck.

OF

OF,
Reactions: Vicki

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Cool. That would, I think, explain the very different results you're reporting. Not that others don't have similar issues from time to time, it just seems like most of them find the response in spam folders (who knows how that happens?). I think very few (if any, as I suspect) are ignored for long. Unlike some, MF puts a lot of effort into good Customer Support, it would be shortsighted indeed to negate that with even a few lame cases. Hopefully you're on the road to satisfaction.
Misunderstanding beats negligence or malice.
Thanks for the word, good luck.
OF
ya that's what i figure the difference is... this is the first iv'e heard about the "auto response"... i would have used it sooner if i had realized(just finished warranty process ~a week ago). i knew about the warranty department but i always had the customer service email on hand and had always used it before so i kept on... didn't think how it would expedite things but can see how it would... So that must be why they say to email the warranty department:doh: ha... even using the customer service email though i found them to be as quick as they could... the service is unmatched so far for me.

this info would have come in handy during my month long warranty process w/ MF.. where i was playing email tag due to a mix up(not their fault). my package arrived on time in a few days but there was a post office issue and got resent and sat in san deigo for the rest of the month and just got sent back out to me after the holidays ha...

Buildozer,
Reactions: OF

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
how does the rez block work for you i have always been curious about that stuff
Very well, actually. I paid $6.99 for the 4 ounce bottle and only need to use 2.5ml for my little tube. The water does get cloudy/particulate floating inside after some use, but that's just the resin that would have built up inside of it. Obviously you can't save the vapor resin buildup like you could with an ISO wash, but it keeps my piece impressively clean. All I need to do is dump out the RezBlock water and give it a rinse with clean water and it looks almost as good as new. I'm talking like at least 95% clean after just doing a dump and wash. There was only a small bit of resin buildup inside of the direct inject joint, up to where the RezBlock was. Any bit of the glass touching it won't get buildup. Aside from the DI joint, past the bent part of my piece also gets a small amount of buildup but that's easily taken care of.

I'll more than likely end up getting the concentrated RezBlock as well as trying to make my own. It also doesn't seem to impart any taste into my vapor, and I haven't noticed much if any decrease in potency, although I'll have to keep testing that once I get more flower.

Edit: Also regarding emails, I've always had good results with MF. In fact, just two days ago on the 13th I emailed them asking what the next step was in getting the warranty transferred from my old box to new one. I received a full reply at 7:50pm the 15th. That's about a day and a half, right in the middle of the 1-3 day response time I expected.

Quetzalcoatl,
Reactions: mangok

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Has anyone ever used a temperature gun/infrared thermometer to measure the heat of the LB? Mine is running cold, but I don't know how cold. All I know is that I have to crank up my PA to get the load in the trench browned even a little. I emailed MF and asked for a warranty claim. They responded (quickly as a matter of fact-now if I can get them to contact me about a special purchase I want to make).

But I digress...

Anyway, MF said that a cold box isn't covered under the functional warranty if it's getting in the range of 370-410 degrees. Well, that got me thinking: what if I could actually measure the temp of the box? The only way I can think of to do that would be with something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Temperature-Infrared-Thermometer-Laser/dp/B002YE3FS4

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

PS--I wanted to add the above link to my post using the "add/edit link" button from the tool bar, but the button isn't lit up so I can't click it. What's up with that?

sydnee,

disciple21

Is anyone else having to wait a long time for responses from magic-flight? I emailed their warranty department a week ago and still haven't received a response. Is this normal? I'd really like to get a replacement or repair as there is a tear in my screen and it's causing uneven heating and combustion.

disciple21,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Is anyone else having to wait a long time for responses from magic-flight? I emailed their warranty department a week ago and still haven't received a response. Is this normal? I'd really like to get a replacement or repair as there is a tear in my screen and it's causing uneven heating and combustion.

Did you use the form on this page?

magic-flight.com/contact.php

BigDaddyVapor,

mangok

Very well, actually. I paid $6.99 for the 4 ounce bottle and only need to use 2.5ml for my little tube. The water does get cloudy/particulate floating inside after some use, but that's just the resin that would have built up inside of it. Obviously you can't save the vapor resin buildup like you could with an ISO wash, but it keeps my piece impressively clean. All I need to do is dump out the RezBlock water and give it a rinse with clean water and it looks almost as good as new. I'm talking like at least 95% clean after just doing a dump and wash. There was only a small bit of resin buildup inside of the direct inject joint, up to where the RezBlock was. Any bit of the glass touching it won't get buildup. Aside from the DI joint, past the bent part of my piece also gets a small amount of buildup but that's easily taken care of.

I'll more than likely end up getting the concentrated RezBlock as well as trying to make my own. It also doesn't seem to impart any taste into my vapor, and I haven't noticed much if any decrease in potency, although I'll have to keep testing that once I get more flower.

Edit: Also regarding emails, I've always had good results with MF. In fact, just two days ago on the 13th I emailed them asking what the next step was in getting the warranty transferred from my old box to new one. I received a full reply at 7:50pm the 15th. That's about a day and a half, right in the middle of the 1-3 day response time I expected.
thats awesome i dont really care about re collecting anything im in nor cal so everything is in abundance here, so thats perfect. Thats cool it doesnt mess with the taste at all thats what i was most worried about maybe ill give it a try now. Especially for my flower pipes

mangok,

hoptimum

Thanks to all of you here, the commissioning of my LB was a success. Finely ground herb, a full trench, a 5 second warm up, and a nice slow draw... easy peasy. I used it native and will continue to use it that way. I can see the value in the new finishing grinder for one who uses the box lightly. The big grinder I have doesn't really achieve a fine enough particle size and getting it from the grinder into the trench is a precarious operation. I like the idea of pinching off a few bits and grinding right into the box as needed. My birthday is coming up in a couple of months if I can wait that long ;~)

The MFLB likes a fine grind, I sometimes use a whirly blade coffee grinder.

smatter

I have multiple coffee grinders but they are all of the burr variety. I don't let a whirley blade near my home-roasted beans. If I'm not mistaken, burr grinders don't really work for herb. I can procure a cheap whirley blade. I only grind small amounts (<g) would that work?

smatter,

OF

If I'm not mistaken, burr grinders don't really work for herb. I can procure a cheap whirley blade. I only grind small amounts (<g) would that work?

Right all around. Burr grinders just jam, I regularly use my 'cheap whirley blade' grinder on a gram or so at a time.

However, check this guy out:
http://www.amazon.com/OFFERING-SHIPPING-Electric-Aluminum-BATTERIES/dp/B000P15LX0/ref=pd_sim_k_1

I have a similar one and it works very well for gram and sub gram loads. Chops very fine. It tends to jam if you feed it too much, but it does a good job and it sure is handy......

OF

OF,

hoptimum

I have multiple coffee grinders but they are all of the burr variety. I don't let a whirley blade near my home-roasted beans. If I'm not mistaken, burr grinders don't really work for herb. I can procure a cheap whirley blade. I only grind small amounts (<g) would that work?

I'm with you on the grinders. I have a decent burr grinder for espresso and just use a cheapy whirly blade grinder for herb. I shake it while i grind the herb and use a fine brush to sweep out the trichomes.

smatter

Thanks for the info guys. Haha on a side note, a guy just rode by me on a bike with pot leaf boxers sticking out of the top of his pants.

Quetzalcoatl

DEADY GUERRERO/DIRT COBAIN/GEORGE KUSH
I'm partial to a $14 Hamilton Beach grinder I bought at Wally. This'll be the one I have. Works perfectly with a range of 1-4 grams that I've tried out personally. I can get it down to a powder, turn it over, and take the lid off full of my herb. Then I can scrape off all the delicious kief that sticks to the lid and get an ass-kicking crazy-good trench :freak:

Quetzalcoatl,
Top Bottom