• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

BalzaSteel

is there any place in Canada I can buy a power adapter for my MFLB? I'm not really interested in any cross border shopping surprises.

BalzOut

BalzaSteel,
Reactions: ugobo

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Here's a pic of how it broke... its broken all the way up the pin in case its not a clear enough pic...
1g39s.jpg

at the moment its not fully broken off... but when it is, i'm looking for a better solution than a rubber band:) ... i'm pretty sure i can replace the plexi-glass easy enough if i cant figure out something cooler to do.. but i figured id customize it if i could figure something different out that worked for me:hmm:... and keep it that way until this box has a real warranty
problem...

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
is there any place in Canada I can buy a power adapter for my MFLB? I'm not really interested in any cross border shopping surprises.

BalzOut

No, it is only available from Magic-Flight. There won't be any cross-border shopping surprises. Your order, it gets sent USPS, arrives quite quickly. I don't remember specifically what packaging they used, but it was discreetly labeled.

pakalolo,

YFZ

same w/ me... the box/ pa had me content and i felt i didn't need anything more... but i wanted more haha.. nothing can take the box's place though.. the high is so unique IMO... probably because of the way it vapes... the MFLB is like a manual tool to me, while the desktops r like power tools... they do the job right for you, and you have to use the MFLB right to get the job done right.. just because i have a jack hammer doesn't mean i don't need a sledge hammer haha... because i need both, especially the jack hammer...hahaha but ill always have a sledgehammer or 2 on the side...

hahaaha

How is it unique? I think getting up to higher temps quickly gives a well rounded high. Prefered for me. Seems like starting at 380 plus gives an all around vs starting with low temp and getting more heady. Or maybe its the surroundings i dont know.

YFZ,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
How is it unique? I think getting up to higher temps quickly gives a well rounded high. Prefered for me. Seems like starting at 380 plus gives an all around vs starting with low temp and getting more heady. Or maybe its the surroundings i dont know.
i feel its unique because... i don't know, i just do haha... different tokes for different folks:)... since i have some control, i like to try and get the lower temp cannabinoids first, then the higher ones... rather than degrading them by going for the high temp right away.. different effects w/ different uses... depends on what i want.. but i can pretty much get whatever effects i'm looking for from my LB... i feel it gives a different enough high, like a pipe vs a bong vs a bubbler vs a steam roller etc... it always works out for when i wanna change things up... it still does the job for me

Buildozer,

YFZ

Ya i can see that. Its still the best on the go. So easy to use. Everyone should have a harder hitter along side mflb.

OF

i'm pretty sure i can replace the plexi-glass easy enough if i cant figure out something cooler to do..

Really? How did you plan to do that?

When BDV first started his cover breaking hobby I looked at mine fairly carefully. It looks to me like the hinge pin is pressed in from below as a square bottomed J piece. It bridges the saw slot and forms a 'staple' across it in a way that can't be done after it's inserted. The straight end then gets the cover I think and the two bends put into it in place as the final step with special tooling which you and I don't have.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that cover is user replaceable due to the pin.

OF

OF,

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Really? How did you plan to do that?

When BDV first started his cover breaking hobby I looked at mine fairly carefully. It looks to me like the hinge pin is pressed in from below as a square bottomed J piece. It bridges the saw slot and forms a 'staple' across it in a way that can't be done after it's inserted. The straight end then gets the cover I think and the two bends put into it in place as the final step with special tooling which you and I don't have.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that cover is user replaceable due to the pin.

OF
Check it out i reattached my warranty lid easy... took 2 minutes... i didn't try to make it perfect but it would be easy to... unbent the pin(just enough), re-drilled the lid... put it on, re-bent the pin...
24v46fb.jpg

I wanted to take my broken lid as an opportunity to make a custom lid but couldn't brainstorm up much... this was always my original plan if not... i had a hash dish that fit right in the top snug and was thinking of giving it a carb and a leash to the lid pin... but i just threw that jar away last week i think... ill probably take the ball bearing off this lid and put it on my other one too if i re-drill the lid... What Would McGuyver Do if he broke his MFLB lid?:)

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
Ya... one of my boxes has the ball bearing latch and one is the model from the year before.. i hate using the rubber band, and since i don't travel(w/ a loaded trench) too much w/ my LB i never use it... that's how mine broke when i dropped it.. landed w/ lid popped open... i guess i'm a fan of the ball bearing latch now... i didn't care much before because the lid gets more scratched up... doesn't matter though...

Buildozer,

vii

is there some reason why the power adapter is sold only from magic flight? everything else from magic flight can be brought from other store .

vii,
Reactions: ugobo

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
is there some reason why the power adapter is sold only from magic flight? everything else from magic flight can be brought from other store .

I don't think you can get the finishing grinder from anyplace else except Magic Flight.

Vicki,

OF

i brought a walnut kit from a local dealer.

I don't doubt that a bit, but it's not normal. A quick web search didn't find any on line dealers for exotic wood boxes. You can find exotic wood stems, but not the boxes. Again, I suspect the volume and intermittent availability are working against folks like PV trying to stock them, the PA or other 'strange stuff'?

OF

OF,
Reactions: vii

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
its better that you cant find the PA in stores... could you imagine paying $80+ for it?:o probably still end up buying it though haha.. a local shop owner looked into ordering some when i asked about it but figured no body would pay the price he'd have to sell it at... so i ordered it myself... probably why you don't see more of the accessories around... i cant imagine many people going into any of the random shops looking for MFLB accessories often.

Ace.357

Have you ever retired a vape and then realized how much you missed it, loved it, and even thought about buying another one (at least once a day since you let it go)? I never thought I could be so attached to a vape. Maybe because it was my first. You never forget your first :)

BDV, your MFLB videos aren't making the transition any easier :disgust: lol. Oh magical launch box...I miss you <3

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
had to send my Underdog in for a quick vet visit, not too disappointed because i know my MFLB is always a solid vape to count on. worked great as my daily driver for a year. now i have the new logo batteries too which is a nice luxury.

only thing is...i noticed i lost my technique a bit. i wasn't browning my ABV as evenly as i used to. took me about 3 days or so until i was back to blowing clouds like i used to. i usually only use my MFLB on the go but looks like i should throw in a few more sessions here and there so i can keep my technique sharp.

threw in the logo batteries and hooked the WPA up with my Left Coast straight tube, holy crap am i vaked. Haven't vapor bonged with my LB in a while but this is pleasant reminder that i should more often too. i swear i love this thing more every time i use it and i've had it for a little over two years now.

NateHevens

Rises, The Dark Knight
I know it's been a long time since I last posted, but I recently put together a wishlist of sorts of my perfect Magic Flight LB kit, and I had an idea.

I know Magic Flight has a velvet bag, but what I think would be absolutely awesome would be a "briefcase" carrying case of sorts.

It could have different sizes to hold a certain amount of things, and different compartments to hold each item.

If I could design my own, it would hold everything in my wishlist:

Of course, there's the basic kit:
The Launch Box
The Stem
The Batteries
The Cleaning Brush
The Charger (personally, I'm looking at getting the Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000 Advanced Battery Charger and Analyzer [or similar], although I wish MF would try to come up with a similar kind of charger)

That would be the basic.

You could also get an upgraded version that includes room for both types of grinders MF sells (the nano and the finishing [which I still need, but can't afford... at all :(]), the power adapter & car accessory, the WP adapter, whip(s), and room for maybe 2 extra stems, 2 extra batteries, and an extra brush.

It could even include a key or combination lock, and, obviously, the (awesome) Magic Flight logo.

Perfect carrying/storage case, IMO.

Sure, it'd be kinda big... the upgraded version especially... but I think it'd be a sweet storage/carrying case, especially if you're moving.

And with two or more versions, you only have to get the one you need/want.

Also...

1. What's this about "logo batteries" (or something like that) I've been reading about on the past couple pages of this thread (I'm ashamed to admit I missed most pages since the last four after my last post... I still think Magic Flight should have its own forum as opposed to just a thread, as this is just getting too long and unwieldy)? I can't find anything about them on the site...

2. Any updates from Magic Flight at all on using liquids/oil in the LB, yet?

3. Who'd be down for an MF bubbler/water pipe? I know I would. Something already perfectly compatible with the LB, glass or acrylic, and room enough for ice (I like it COOOOOOOLLLLLLDDDDDDD when I can get it)... :D

Anyways... I'll get back to lurking for now... most likely...

But thanks for reading... :ugh:

NateHevens,
Reactions: Buildozer

Buildozer

Baked & Fried
I know Magic Flight has a velvet bag, but what I think would be absolutely awesome would be a "briefcase" carrying case of sorts.
It could have different sizes to hold a certain amount of things, and different compartments to hold each item.
If I could design my own, it would hold everything in my wishlist:
Of course, there's the basic kit:
The Launch Box
The Stem
The Batteries
The Cleaning Brush
The Charger (personally, I'm looking at getting the Maha Powerex Wizard One MH-C9000 Advanced Battery Charger and Analyzer [or similar], although I wish MF would try to come up with a similar kind of charger)
i used to have a little briefcase laying around that i used for that... one of those travel multi-game ones(w/ checkers, chess, cards, domino's dice some other shit etc ha ha..)... the middle section fit ~8 batteries perfect if i remember... the right side had my iolite, mini whip, and hash... the left side had my grinder, herb, MFLB, stem,brush, ABV container, lighter, paperclip, zigzags...i'm sure if i didn't have the iolite i could have fit my charger in there(maybe 2 MFLB ones) i liked it a lot while i had a use for it but now i dont seem to as much...

Buildozer,

Ace.357

The box is perfect for moments when you can sneak away for a quick blast. I've used it in the bathroom at events, weddings, bars/lounges. The smell isn't really noticeable if you hold in the hits (and let it them absorb :)). Can't do that with any other portable vape.

Do the logo batteries make you fall in LOVE with your launch box even more?

Top Bottom