Tweek

Isn't gaining back the weight a great feeling? My problem was that I didn't stop and overshot (damn munchies)...now I'm what one would call "adorably chubby" :nod: Although in my opinion, with my bald head, I look like two stacked golf balls :smug:

TxAg420

Evil Genius
Howdy ya'll! I'm new to posting but have been lurking this forum for almost a year. I decided to buy my first mflb in Jan. after being convinced by this thread :) I LOVED it and ended up giving it to my sister a month ago so she would start vaping and STOP combusting. Of course I had immediately went to my local shop and picked up a new mflb and ordered the PA... also already had new batteries being broken in from the day before so I was ready to go!

I quickly noticed an issue with the contact when using my new batteries in there being a gap between the wood and battery so it was not snug at all like with my old mflb. The batteries never slipped out with my old unit but there is too much play with the new one and they easily slide/fall out. Well the main problem really is when I got my PA and started using that. Its very hard to get a good consistent contact (light on in box) and once I do, it keeps losing its connection when I'm taking a draw and since I can't see the light while drawing I sometimes don't notice its not on. I'm wondering if it is a problem with my box since neither the battery or PA fit snugly and I constantly have to re-adjust while drawing to keep it "lit" or maybe something with the PA? The batteries do slip out easily but they don't seem to "cut out" like the PA while I'm using those.

Any advice would really be appreciated! Thanks in advance and I LOVE this thread!

TxAg420,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hiya!

welcome-1.gif

Apologies for not being much help. I'm chained to my phone until I can get my laptop fixed. Typing reviews is enoiugh for my thumbs.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: OF

OF

I quickly noticed an issue with the contact when using my new batteries in there being a gap between the wood and battery so it was not snug at all like with my old mflb. The batteries never slipped out with my old unit but there is too much play with the new one and they easily slide/fall out. Well the main problem really is when I got my PA and started using that. Its very hard to get a good consistent contact (light on in box) and once I do, it keeps losing its connection when I'm taking a draw and since I can't see the light while drawing I sometimes don't notice its not on.

First off, Howdy, good to meet you and welcome to the fun. Thanks also for posting the photo, you look very familiar to me, but I can't place it yet.....

You have a common ailment. One of my boxes had it bad. Part of the problem is the size of the batteries is not well controlled and the box needs to accept the largest possible one meaning the smaller ones are smaller. The PA has to be in that range as well. Just as big a problem is roundness. Often you can get it to work well if you rotate 'tight spots' to align.

Too tight is a bad problem as it can leave the box running when you don't want it to.

The adjustment is made all the harder by the fact that stainless steel generally makes a lousy spring for use like this (which is why you don't find stainless springs in flashlights were it's so obviously an advantage otherwise.

I can suggest 3 options, two if you don't want to send it back for 'tightening'. You can try shimming it a bit. For a while I used a small wedge shaped strip of tape on the PA to make it snug. Scotch tape worked but took a beating and needed replacement a lot so I put a bit of the aluminum tape used to tape up ducts (duct tape doesn't really work on ducts.....). This is thick metal foil with tough adhesive but kinda pricey to buy a roll to fix it with a tiny piece (I had it already).

Finally you can try to tighten it up yourself. It's easy, but you have to be a bit handy and take care. The factory recommended using a screwdriver tip on the bottom of the coil while opening the window and placing the top of the coil (the part sanded flat) on something solid (I used the jaw of the vice) before tapping the handle of the screwdriver a bit at a time. A few taps did it for my 'almost tight enough box'. When I got the latest one, it was worse still and I didn't like pounding on it all that much so I cut a piece of coat hanger wire and bent it into a 'U shape' maybe 3 inches long and just wide enough to slip over the coil part of the loop. I bent the ends of the arms a bit to match the loop a bit so it snapped into place and stayed on the outside of the coil because the ends of the arms were in the slot. Then I carefully crushed it down with vice grips in a series of progressively tighter latchings (testing between).

This last technique let me fine tune all my boxes as I wanted them. Much better than fighting it.

Good luck, please keep us posted?

Apologies for not being much help. I'm chained to my phone until I can get my laptop fixed. Typing reviews is enoiugh for my thumbs.

Bummer BDV, I know that one. Right now I'm using the new computer.....don't press me for details, it's not a happy story but the ending is OK. Damn machines, tool of the devil you know......

Anyway, take a break and let the B Team handle this one?

OF

OF,
Reactions: ShipDit

TxAg420

Evil Genius
Hiya!

welcome-1.gif

No worries, thanks!

This last technique let me fine tune all my boxes as I wanted them. Much better than fighting it.

Good luck, please keep us posted?

Much appreciated OF! I'll try to tighten it up myself first thing this evening.

Thanks again :)

TxAg420,

OF

Much appreciated OF! I'll try to tighten it up myself first thing this evening.

You're very welcome, hope it pans out as well for you as it did for the others and me. I don't recall anyone saying they wrecked theirs trying and had to send it in for service, but it's guaranteed......

OF

OF,

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
I have samples of all four of the herbal blends and the ingredients listed on the packages are all natural. They are as follows:

Balancing Bleus--dalmation sage, passion flower, eucalyptus, damiana
Sweetly Calming--damiana, lavender, lemon balm, chamomile flower
Feeling Fine--damiana, peppermint, lemon balm
Revitalizing--dalmation sage, lavender, peppermint, spearmint

Hello! I can confirm because I make these blends myself for Magic Flight they are INDEED natural, just like Arsenic and Dirt!! OK, ....also like dalmation sage and passion flower. The ingredients in our herbal blends are ONLY what's listed on the label, and also 100% organic. You can see my name Vaporbrothers on the label, which means it's not dirt. or spice...

Here's the MF blends: https://sales.magic-flight.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=59&pg=1
Here's ours (exactly the same stuff): http://www.vaporwarehouse.com/site/shop.php?q=blend

and p.s. if there is ANYBODY in the market who is coming from a place of love it's Magic Flight, and if there's anybody else out who's even more loving you it's the vapor brothers. :)

~Linus

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
My buddy turned me on to passion flower. Before I began vaping Id use passion flower instead of tobacco if we were rolling up a spliff.

I also came in here to get an opinion from those of you who use your box for multiple herbs. So far I only use mine for bud and I'm kind of hesitant to put other stuff in there (tobacco, for example) because I dont want them forever changing the taste of my box.
I dont really clean my box thoroughly as there has been no need yet, and I definitely wouldnt wanna have to go thru that hastle every time I put a little tobacco in my box, so my question is does the taste of other herbs stick to the box for a while?

Cereal_MF,

Vitolo

Vaporist
My wife used tobacco in her LB for a few months. (Not weed ever).
When she switched to e-cigs, I took possesion of her lb.
It smelled good.. not like cigarettes, but like a pouch of tobacco.
It was not the least bit stained.
I vaped one trench in it, and it smelled like my other boxes.
Tobacco does not leave the same oils behind when vaped as does weed.(shiny/tacky)
This is not a ad for tobacco, or an attempt to get any person to use tobacco....
just saying it will not ruin the box if used occassionally.
Other herbs-
I tried spearmint, licorice, and lavender.
There is no longer olfactory evidence of this in the box I used.

Raf007

Retailer
Same experience as Vitolo, you can go ahead and continue.

I also tried with Damiana. It's all good. I find the taste with stick to the LB dunring at least a full trench of MJ, maybe more, with spearmint also. But it does not ruin the taste for ever at all.

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Thanka Vitolo. Reason i ask is because id like to vape a little tobacco if im tryin to quit cigs, and also wanna test out other herbs.. was just wondering if it would be worth getting an additional box (if i cab afford it) as to not taint my current and only box

Vitolo

Vaporist
You have time to obtain a "devoted box" for other herbs later... as you learn how you feel about it... or even to get a new box for just "meds" if you feel this one has become befouled in any way (doubtful!)

Edward Hyde

i know that somewhere in this thread i read about micro hitting technique with the mflb...but i dont remeber the stets to do it properly and 747 pages are a lot to try and find it again..so could someone post a how to on micro hitting please?

Edward Hyde,

OF

i know that somewhere in this thread i read about micro hitting technique with the mflb...but i dont remeber the stets to do it properly and 747 pages are a lot to try and find it again..so could someone post a how to on micro hitting please?

It should be in the wiki article at the link at the top (along with other useful stuff) through the efforts of our very own Pak hisself.

OF

OF,
I'll save ya a little footwork..
"Micro-hitting is taking a series of quick short puffs with pauses between them but without exhaling, all on a single battery connection. This method is capable of producing a thicker cloud, which is sought after by many users. Keep in mind that thicker clouds are hotter and harsher, and could cause coughing".
Please note that I copied that word-for-word from the Vaporidea,the link is up top.
If you're serious about learning to play the MFLB,do yourself a big favor and read the entire MFLB section. It was written by someone (Pak) who KNOWS the 'box like few others. It's a good read and you'll feel smarter when you're done.
What I know comes from standing on the shoulders of giants...

OF

You know, Vitolo, you make it all look so easy and natural with that casual way you have. The eye contact and slight smile convey a lot too, draws the viewer right in. You looked like you were about to explode there at the end, you had my throat and sinuses screaming at me! Talk about sharing the experience with your audience.......Ford or Hitch could have made you great!

No, make that greater.

Thanks.

OF

You know, Vitolo, you make it all look so easy and natural with that casual way you have. The eye contact and slight smile convey a lot too, draws the viewer right in. You looked like you were about to explode there at the end, you had my throat and sinuses screaming at me! Talk about sharing the experience with your audience.......Ford or Hitch could have made you great!

No, make that greater.

Thanks.

OF
Amen to that! :clap:
Vitolo is a class act,and makes me want to be a better person. There is no better ambassador to MMJ than the V man!

Top Bottom