Beezleb

The idea of the magnifying top is the coolest and best ive seen yet for it. Hope its feasible.

Beezleb,

vap999

Beezleb said:
The idea of the magnifying top is the coolest and best ive seen yet for it. Hope its feasible.
There could be very basic problems, including that any lens would need to have a very short focal length, a fraction of an inch. I presume a convex lens would have be very thick to focus on such a short distance, if such a plastic lens were even feasible. And there would likely be a problem with only a certain fixed small(er) area visible, if the herbal material were even in focus. Such thick, short focal length lenses are very sensitive and only in focus in a very short range -- a fraction of an inch closer or further away from the focal length and everything would be a blur. A what would it be focused on -- the top, mid or bottom of the trench? With trench fill levels varying from person-to-person, load-to-load and after each shaking, I don't think a fixed plastic lens on the top will work. I hope I am wrong.

But of course, a separate magnifying glass (or plastic equivalent) or fresnel lens, a small fixed magnifying lens supported on a tripod (there is probably a technical term for these), a jewelers-type loupe, a cheap miniature microscope or most any other say 2-5 or 10X magnifying optical device should also work for trench inspection (much as it would work for most anything else).

vap999,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi Everyone,

A general note for those placing international orders: As you may already know, all packages leaving the USA and entering other countries are potentially inspected and delayed while in transit by the Customs Service. Domestic orders placed are usually received within several days of shipping. International orders, however, can sometimes take weeks to arrive. These potential delays associated with international shipping are well beyond our control or ability to predict (begging and pleading with a customs service rarely results in any change). Therefore, we request the following: 1) if you are placing an international order, please be especially patient waiting for shipped products to arrive, and 2) please let us know if you have not received shipped items within three weeks of placing your order.

Thank you for your understanding.
-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

kingcrimson

on magnifying... I have a mag glass that I used for solar hits that is great for screen inspection,

replacement got here today :brow::ko::D:cool:
allow me to reiterate once again
Thank you so much MF couldn't ask for better customer service

Yeah do NOT use the box with any amount of hash oil. Hitting this thing fresh out of the box allows me to realize that instantly the efficiency of my unit must have been effected because I was wondering about the state of my batteries, and am currently destroyed off of two boxes with the untainted screen.

I had previously tried the oil on abv or oil on a substrate, and it works but that ultimately comes back to using a pass through - same reason I would like smoking oil on bud, or a bed of ashes. I just will save mine for my vapor glove because nothing is more efficient at that purpose that that astounding tailor made device.

as for the magnifier on the box cover, if its possible again, I think it'd be sweet but I also won't be holding my breath.

vap999 said:
..stuff about focal length and depth of field...

But of course, a separate magnifying glass (or plastic equivalent) or fresnel lens, a small fixed magnifying lens supported on a tripod (there is probably a technical term for these), a jewelers-type loupe, a cheap miniature microscope or most any other say 2-5 or 10X magnifying optical device should also work for trench inspection (much as it would work for most anything else).
I hadn't used my film student brain on the idea until you mentioned this but it makes perfect sence to me (unfortunately). In that, it is a prime (not variable) lens, and at that size at that desired distance your depth of feild (stuff in focus) is a an area in space not centimeters wide but small fractions of that and it is a fixed point in space. So we need a small cheap lens with a depth of field of .5 inch at .25 inch away would be either non existant or cost prohibitive or not of a safe material?

So then how about concave then? Same problem? also might could pose heat issues if its gets close to the screen I suppose...

Also it comes to mind that I sort of like being able to see exactly whats going on, and that any magnification would make me slide the cover back more often to see reality, vs the enhancement. So in a way I'd almost prefer a sort of a bifocal cover with half magnified and half normal or none at all. It sounds a little silly but after thinking about it, I can use a magnifer if I want to see big, I like the box in particular because I can see exactly whats going on.

again, which isn't to say I wouldn't dig a mag cover but I'm just sayin'... I won't be heartbroken if its not possible.

I would still love the wooden battery holder deals though...

kingcrimson,

dankity

hmmm. you tryin to vape hash oil.
even though you wont respond to me about the glass.
i still love ya brotha.
SHOCKER ON THE OIL WHO WOULDVE THOUGHT:lol::lol:

dankity,

duh

If there were an LB sticky, it would say that MF has stated repeatedly that the top is plexi and that it isn't going to change. My LB had buildup on the underside but isoed away with tissue. You want to go un-supported and pull the clip and add your own glass, go nuts, but don't be sad w/a broken LB.

Have we gone to bifocaled vapes? kc, you are :ko:. :lol:

I received LB # 2 today. [queue music]

Yes, I feel power from the force like out of a Star Wars movie (pick one that you like: if under 30, it's :cool: for the 1st 3 - over 30, not so much :(). :brow: :brow: :brow:

Having 2 pre-loaded LBs w/a few encased batteries will allow me to try my beach test as well as a few other locations, where refilling is impossible. It'll be a while before I get a chance to do this, unfortunately, based on my schedule. In preparation, I'll be digging some deep trenches and climbing out again later. :D

duh,

kingcrimson

Happened to have some time in a mill today. Broke out a 9/16th paddle bit and went to town on a block of pine with a drill press. Couldn't be more pleased with the results, and this is just my first pass.
:peace:

Photo325.jpg

Photo320.jpg

Photo323.jpg

Photo324.jpg

kingcrimson,

kingcrimson

thanks. 9/16 paddle bit was all it took. Drill press was a big help too being level and plum and all, or whatever its called.

Nipple down means it needs charging, nipple up means its good to go.

it holds all 16 of my batteries and I absolutely can't forsee using up the whole cube of 16 especially while simultaneously being unable to recharge any of them. 8 is plents but 16 is literally all of the AA rechargables I have so this will be my home holder and I'll make an 8 bat travel and a 4 batt carry case when I get a moment, also I still want to rout (sp?) it, to give it some nice flair in place of regular boring corners.

Ultimately I plan to have a battery cube with a slide in slot for the LB too, so its sort of a box-box if that makes sense.

kingcrimson,

owin

I got my LB in the mail today. It took 2 days to get here. I've only used it a couple times but I really like it. Definitely will be retiring my VG for this guy.

owin,

rayski

Can anybody help me compare my II to the lb. I want to purchase an lb but have some questions about how it would perform the way I would use it. I usually take 2-3 full-lung hits on my ii throughout the day; averaging maybe a dozen hits a day on one almost full bowl. I think this would translate to something like 3 trenches and 3 batteries with the lb. About the same bud? Maybe, a little less?

rayski,

duh

Hennessy1414 said:
stick with the IO(II)....It was more $$ for a reason

:2c:
Ouch! What happened to your LB? I bought the final version LB and I can tell you the production LBs are even better than the betas we received. The air outtake is lower, now under the screen instead - also the negative terminal mates w/batteries well.

I have never tried the IO but from seeing it in person the bowl/cavity of the IO seems about the same size as a trench.

duh,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Hennessy1414 said:
stick with the IO(II)....It was more $$ for a reason

:2c:
You failed to address his questions, while making a blanket claim without providing any reasoning. Please watch your posts.

vtac,

Beezleb

rayski said:
Can anybody help me compare my II to the lb. I want to purchase an lb but have some questions about how it would perform the way I would use it. I usually take 2-3 full-lung hits on my ii throughout the day; averaging maybe a dozen hits a day on one almost full bowl. I think this would translate to something like 3 trenches and 3 batteries with the lb. About the same bud? Maybe, a little less?
Both would work im sure. While I have no practical experience with the II I can say some positive aspects of the LB.

The LB has a virtual immediate warm up time and removing the battery and turning it over effectively stops the vaping process so start and stops should be fine. I would say you are right between one and two trenches but 3 trenches is a safe bet and if you use higher grade weed than even better. I think the batteries numbers is about right, probably 2 but 3 is certainly safe for the amount you quoted.

The LB has less things to go wrong and the customer service is impeccable.

Happy vaping and hope that helped.

Beezleb,

kingcrimson

rayski said:
compare my II to the lb.
I own both.

I got my II first and was floored with it, while its a true portable, it was not able (nor did I expect it to be able) to allow me to replace combustion completely, nor is it exactly ultra-stealth. I like it for in car use but wouldn't use it in public round people who shouldnt know because of the whooshing, even after you turn it off in a hurry, try covering the sound of several cycles worth of wooshing when someone interrupts you (or you get pulled over for that matter). No thanks.

Then, i got my LB preorder. Less expensive, made in america (II is made in Ireland I believe, no problems with the fightin irish and their quality goods) by a like minded group or individual who gets my dough, which I happen to like. But that is minor in comparison to the advantages of the LB over the II. Including but not limited to soundless operation, near zero time to optimum heating is reached, super small size, and that it has singled box-edly (i dont know don't ask) replaced my custom glass as my main device just because it is such a good one, I shit you not. The above pictures of my hommade battery holder with 16 slots should be testament enough, lol.

Ill continue with little things, because those combine are what makes something truely good. a snowball effect if you will.
I have spilled my II's bowl numerous times despite the fact that I am leery of it happening now, its happened to others using my II with me too.
I have never spilled herb from the LB, and I don't even use the rubber band for the top while its in my pocket loaded or ever.

I would never used my II while sitting next to someone who was not to know what I was consuming. The wooshing, of course being a major factor, heat up time to optimal temp another thing.
With the II I feel like I turn it on hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, hit. And eventually I'm like, woah, Im stonned.

Whereas with the LB, its on, hot, and hitting. Your toasted. that quick, really. Then its cool and back in the pocket. nifty.
I have used the LB at work the last three days, on set. While people sit outside for their cig breaks I have something to do now, I play a little game. Every one that comes out and doesn't act like they smell herb, and/or figure out what I'm doing, I get a point. I lost count on the first day.
I have used the LB sitting on a bench next to a non smoker (cig or herb) who was completely unaware of my actions, and at times there was noone smoking a cig at the same time even, 100% stealth certified as far as I'm concerned. I got a huge laugh out of getting ripped next to some friends on my crew who I know are straight edge, and the fact that they had absolutely no clue.

My II can definately get quite warm, hot even to the touch, LB does not get anything over lukewarm to the touch.

Id say one II bowl (I pack them fairly tightly) would be more than 1 trench, if only slightly. I think .5 of the II bowl is probably about right whereas .2-.3 is probably the LB capacity, and I pack the trench fairly tight too. Though these are of course general estimates. I don't own a PD so I dont exactly have a frame of reference as to what everyone here thinks is efficient but I consider the LB to be exceedingly efficient at delivering THC, I love it, its extraordinary and I don't use either of those words lightly. I hoped I would be satisfied with it but never expected to be so enamored with its ability to deliver an exceedingly high quality stone.

I feel like the LB is able (if you hit it in such a manner because you desire so) to reach higher temps than the II, which is something for me anyways that is good. Plus the II's instruction manual straight up says optimal temp is reached after 30 min. Are you kidding me? I don't have that kind of time, I need a rip and go, sometimes.

Customer Service!!!!! while I haven no exp with II's cs, I have gotten a replacement LB for my "malfunctioning" (in quotes because the problem was so minor) unit, and am still shocked that I did. Just had to edit and add this.

So my II's niche is small but there doubtless. I just fucking love my LB, I don't care what Hen says, plastic, butane, and goodness knows what else that takes time makes sound and is larger and more expensive, vs a simple battery powered circuit hand made wooden american craftsmanship, smaller and less expensive, but even more importantly than all of that, and this is serious here, a device orders of magnitude better at consistently delivering desired effects, in my professional stoner opinion.

I should also note, than I am smoking 100% organic high quality sensi, so I have no clue what would happen if you but some 'brown frown' in the box or the II for that matter, and I shudder to think of eithers efficiency at delivering flavor with a product that didnt taste good. I am getting toast of off a trench or two but the herb I'm inputting looks like this. :o

HDRNug-1.jpg

To me I would never have gone on a vape search without good herb to put in it, it would have been a waste; To me good herb is tantamount to vaping, two pieces of the same puzzle that everyone hopefully should be able to put together.

Last edited by a moderator:
kingcrimson,

kingcrimson

Ty gray and chloe, I could nit pick the post and picture all day, the bud needs manicuring, focus is kind of soft because its actually 3 different pictures/exposures superimposed to get an enhanced depth of feild, I rambled forever, bad spelling, etc.

but again, thanks to me all praise is high praise and its greatly apriciated, now don't you feel bad for encouraging me. :lol: :peace:

kingcrimson,

glizitch

Wonderful post kingcrimson!

I was looking for a comparison between the two.

This is wonderful. I too, wish the II was just a bit for stealthy. I wish it was faster as well. I think I'm sold sir! :):):)

glizitch,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
KC: Great post, great picture, and no manicuring needed with all those trichomes all the way out to the tips of the little silver leaves.

I've been away on the road, without my Box, for a couple of weeks, and it's been sorely missed. I can't think of anything much to add to what you've said, as I agree with all of it. And I too have an iI which I haven't used once since I got the original prototype Box.

Haywood (about to order three more Boxes today! One for me, and two for friends.)

Haywood,
Top Bottom