NoSmoke

Jim at Vapenow is one of the coolest customer reps I have had the pleasure of dealing with, he practilly bent over backwards to make sure my PD made it to Puerto Rico along w me on my vacation. Vapenow is the shit!

NoSmoke,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
IAmKrazy2 said:
i am kindof mad i bought from vapenow, also. why am i paying the same price for less items? ....
Hi,

It seems that there may have been some disconnect -- the VapeNow site should be selling in the same configuration as on our own site. I am sure that it will get updated very soon. Until then, please send me an email describing what you did receive so that we can put together a kit for you of the missing parts (will ship to you free of charge). If others have purchased from VapeNow and have had similar issues, please let us know.

Edit: please do not blame VapeNow -- this may have just been a communication snafu -- it is getting looked into. Please stay tuned.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
Reactions: L o s

duh

digglover, please post your experiences! also good to hear from a box newbie. :)

kc, that is one of the coolest things I have seen today! I'd love that setup! On the stains, I'd go more than 5 drops of iso and maybe something stronger, but I'd also clean it upside down (as to prevent any from getting into the wood). I know there is a working LB in there somewhere :D

I think it's :cool: the box is available at VapeNow also. Besides them being an FC sponsor, they seem like a stand up company. Moreover, I'd love to see how many will be going for the PD + LB combo down the road...

duh,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
... methinks its some sort of carbon buildup or something ...
Hi,

Agreed -- it probably is carbon. The Launch Box was not really designed to work with liquids or Oils, and this sort of result is probably typical.

In regards to cleaning, it is possible to use one of those torch lighters to remove carbon buildup (or other residues) on the bottom of the groove (only -- does not work for the sides). The method is similar to that as with the Launch Tube -- very carefully applied heat to burn out the carbon. The technique is very fast and very thorough but also very risky. Also, expect that the screen will still have oxidization discoloring when you are done (this is normal). With the right heat, the carbon will be fully removed and the screen will breathe again. This can only be done with skill -- ones aim and timing with the torch must be very good (else will burn the wood) and the distance must be exactly right (get the screen more than red hot and it will be ruined). We do not generally recommend this sort of procedure for cleaning the Box -- it is very easy to mess up and cause permanent damage.

The other option is to take a fresh battery and simply leave it in the unit (empty) with the cover open until the battery runs out. There is a chance (no guarantee) that it may get hot enough to clean the screen. However, this may have the side effect of also damaging the battery since it too will get hot from being in the Box overlong (several minutes).

Normally, these drastic sort of recovery procedures are not necessary, but if people are going to experiment with anything which liquefies when hot (ie resins), these sorts of method may be your only real answer. Carbon left behind after using oil will probably not get cleaned using any amount of Iso or water -- may as well save yourself some time there. We do not recommend any form of immersion cleaning in general since the Box is made of wood.

-- Magic-Flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
thanks magicflight, i will hold you to it also! but i like your style, take the blame and willing to fix it or accommodate me somehow. I would much rather deal with you, then the site, thanks! I agree, all packages on all sites should be the same.

i will for sure attempt hooking the little fella up to my 2 foot glass (never seen combustion, all clean ;) )

im excited to try all available methods, including maybe a 2ft whip like several of you also.

MagicFlight. i read online in instructions to keep my batteries all away from metal, coins ect. What about the MF itself? I have a little metal box that a keychain swiss army knife came in.... it would be perfect if ok to keep in said box. thanks!

IAmKrazy2,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
duh said:
Loading Tip: Use a funnel.
... Place the funnel gently on the LB ...
... Plastic funnels work but a metal funnel ... would be safer as to handle a hot LB.
One concern to be careful of when using a funnel is that the bottom end of the funnel may damage or distort the screen if it is sharp or any sort of weight/force comes to bear on it. The screen is extremely thin and fairly fragile -- it will not withstand much pressure, especially if it is applied all in one spot (may create a puncture). Overall, using a small spoon may be a better and safer way to load the Box.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi IAmKrazy2,

Your welcome.

In regards to your question, the note about the metallic objects applies to the batteries only. You may store the Box itself in any container you wish. Please be aware, though, that the cover is plexi and can get scratched if it rubs against something which is hard or rough. This is part of the reason that we supply a pouch for the Box -- makes it easier to keep it nice.

-- Magic-Flight

IAmKrazy2 said:
thanks magicflight, i will hold you to it also! but i like your style, take the blame and willing to fix it or accommodate me somehow. I would much rather deal with you, then the site, thanks! I agree, all packages on all sites should be the same.

i will for sure attempt hooking the little fella up to my 2 foot glass (never seen combustion, all clean ;) )

im excited to try all available methods, including maybe a 2ft whip like several of you also.

MagicFlight. i read online in instructions to keep my batteries all away from metal, coins ect. What about the MF itself? I have a little metal box that a keychain swiss army knife came in.... it would be perfect if ok to keep in said box. thanks!

magicflight,

graywulf

lol, I am no merman. What I meant was run it through water; synonymously through a bong.

I'm curious, if the plexi cover was substituted with part-magnifying glass, we could get a nice zoomed view of the bud, trichomes, and vaporization. It would be kinda cool.

graywulf,
Reactions: ntaylor

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
graywulf said:
What is the trench screen made out of?
How completely does this box vape?.
The screen is 304 stainless.

You can get just about any type of final output you want. Most of our early testers seemed to go until the material was evenly just a little past the "army green" phase and was beginning to turn light brown. The key is to tap or shake the box so as to stir the load from time to time -- this ensures even and consistent results. The temperature is controlled by the breath (draw technique) and the overall level of cooking is mostly defined by how long you use it. It is possible, for example, to bring the load to an even dark chocolate brown if you want to, although the taste towards the end may not be the best.

-- Magic-Flight.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
graywulf said:
I'm curious, if the plexi cover was substituted with part-magnifying glass, we could get a nice zoomed view of the bud, trichomes, and vaporization. It would be kinda cool.
That's an interesting idea. I will pass it by engineering to see what they think.

magicflight,
Reactions: ntaylor

kingcrimson

magicflight said:
The other option is to take a fresh battery and simply leave it in the unit (empty) with the cover open until the battery runs out. There is a chance (no guarantee) that it may get hot enough to clean the screen. However, this may have the side effect of also damaging the battery since it too will get hot from being in the Box overlong (several minutes).

Normally, these drastic sort of recovery procedures are not necessary, but if people are going to experiment with anything which liquefies when hot (ie resins), these sorts of method may be your only real answer. Carbon left behind after using oil will probably not get cleaned using any amount of Iso or water -- may as well save yourself some time there. We do not recommend any form of immersion cleaning in general since the Box is made of wood.

-- Magic-Flight
what up MF! thanks for the information, I have a torch I use with my GonG vape globe, ill gingerly hit it with a light flame from that and see if I can't free up the mesh - looks like I have a project for tonight. :brow: I have previously unsucessfully tried the battery in method its nice to have another thing to try.
*thanks for emailing me guys*

also...
magicflight said:
graywulf said:
That's an interesting idea. I will pass it by engineering to see what they think.
I like this. Its like with a glass pipe, a dot of glass to magnify or otherwise distort the color work underneath. Except just a convex disc of plexi on there so your load was mag'd, nifty idea indeed.

kingcrimson,

josh

ILoveRadiohead! said:
Also Blissville does charge $84 for their own basic kit so you didn't really pay the same price for less items. I ordered a LB from Blissville but I've also ordered a PD from vapenow in the past and been more than happy with the service I received from both places.
Same here, went with Blissville because kit included all parts...of course if I had known MF would send missing parts at no cost I would have saved the $4 and ordered from VapeNow, but no worries. I used to waste way more $ than that smoking. Shipping from Bville is super fast. Ordered Monday evening and it was waiting for me when I got home today. First impression: This thing is tiny, but exactly as everyone has described. I am getting ready to try it out for the first time.

josh,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
ooooh. magnifying glass close up of the vape process is slightly intriguing. wonder if i got one laying around and i could watch my E in action :o

Magicflight, you seem to take care of your customers, and your response time in this forum is quick. Haven't even received my product yet, but feel you have helped solve all my inquiries and issues very well.

I keep looking at the measurements on the website over and over again, even drew an scale picture on paper to further imagine it for myself. For someone who has vaped almost every day for the last 18+ months, the portability and ease of this puppy in a simple priced right package w/ good customer service . . . . yeah. Well hopefully UPS will be here after 3:30 tomm. Damn ghetto apartment office won't sign for a package.

IAmKrazy2,

josh

Mini-Review after 1st use: The 1st time I put in the battery I got an ever so slight sign of vapor in the bowl after a few seconds and took a nice slow hit. Pulled the battery out a bit and stirred the load. Repeated this process a few times. It's like everyone says, there really is little to no visible vapor but the effects are definitely there. After three hits of about 15 seconds I am toasty, but the load is still green and just slightly darker than when I started. The battery is a little warm (about equal to holding the PD). How warm do ya'll let the battery get before you go to the next one? I know they say 1 battery for 1 load, but I want to make sure I don't overheat the battery seeing as I just got the thing.

josh,

kingcrimson

My batteries can get very warm but never painful. Only my duracells would get painfully warm during recharge, and I caned those for several reasons. My bats do get warm with use but never more than say, hot cup of coffee?

kingcrimson,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
is there a little heat resistant cover to slip over the naked end of the battery? hmmmmm?

IAmKrazy2,

kingcrimson

no need imo. In other news, I got my box getting me high again, but then overzealously torched the screen got it almost red hot and its starting to pull away from one of the poles in a place or two.

So - if you are going to use the flame technique be prepared to hit it with a flame as short of a period of time as possible, and don't be surprised when this non MF reccomended technique ruins your box if done improperly.

kingcrimson,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
would it make sense to offer a brush with heat proof bristles so that you can brush it while very hot to better dislodge particles?. I know other vapes include heat proof cleaning brushes.

DeepFried,

ILoveRadiohead!

DeepFried said:
would it make sense to offer a brush with heat proof bristles so that you can brush it while very hot to better dislodge particles?. I know other vapes include heat proof cleaning brushes.
I think as long as oils and hash aren't loaded in the Launch Box the screen should be relatively easy to maintain. I just received a unit from Blissville yesterday (prompt shipping I might add). While I haven't had it long it seems as though a light dusting of the supplied brush after emptying the trench should suffice for maintenance.

Eventually I'll post a review/impressions once I have some more time with the unit.

ILoveRadiohead!,

chloe

wow very cool product...i think this may be perfect for me....i was gonna wait for the new iolite to come out..but at this price point..this could be my portable vape

EDIT: just placed my order over at blissville...$7 shipping to Canada..YES!

chloe,

duh

kingcrimson said:
its starting to pull away from one of the poles in a place or two
The only way to kill your LB.

I think a drop of oil or any concentrate on abv might be ok, but still not supported. I only use regular finely ground plant material in my LB. Is it worth the risk when regular finely ground material works so well?

magicflight said:
graywulf said:
OMFG that would be :cool:! Even if it were a clip add-on, that would pull anyone over the fence thinking about getting one, I think.

On battery lifetime, the sipper method seems to take 4 hits on the same groove for 1 battery - 1 hour, every 20 minutes. My floor-it method gos 1-2 minutes w/1 or 2 exhales.

duh,

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
I wonder if hit in the open sunlight would it make it vape at higher temps. That might be the ONLY drawback of the magnify lens idea

:peace:

Hennessy1414,

duh

Hennessy1414 said:
I wonder if hit in the open sunlight would it make it vape at higher temps. That might be the ONLY drawback of the magnify lens idea

:peace:
Sounds like an upgrade to me - 2 heating sources on the trench! :D

I'll be quick to vape before I burn a hole through the box, I swear! :lol:

duh,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Wow all this talk about the magnifying lens is pretty awesome, i cant wait to see if magicflight can whip up a prototype :D

Survivalism,
Top Bottom