• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
magicflight said:
Hi,

There has been considerable interest in using the Launch Box with water tools. As such, it is my pleasure to announce that we will soon be releasing an adapter specifically designed for using a Launch Box with a water pipe. As the prototyping and production work has already been done, we expect that these will be available on the open market fairly soon. Watch this space for photos, updates, etc. as things develop.

-- Magic-Flight

This has got me excited...a water attachment would be great! I actually used the wated attachment from Vapir that I have left from back in the day when I had the VapirOne. Works well and if you put some crushed ice in it was actually very soothing. I actually took way to big of a hit and coughed like it was my job.

I also am extremely impressed with blissvile, I ordered the 12" whip and it was in my mailbox on the next business day. :cool:

mvapes,

Surf Monkey

A water attachment will be cool. I'll try it for sure. Personally, I use the feel of the heat of the load to figure out how hard or soft to pull, but I could probably change my technique to accommodate such an adapter.

Surf Monkey,

Tstat

Dead Foot Designs
Accessory Maker
Yea, I gotta say, I finally decided to hook mine up the other day. The cool thing is you can watch the tube (or can) fill up with vapor and control you breathing that way. I get WAY bigger and more satisfying hits that way. I'm telling you, it is outperforming my PD now that it is connected to the bubbler. You will be much better off with a smaller piece of glass because it easier to fill up.

http://youtu.be/6ll9Z93UPAk

Tstat,

Vitolo

Vaporist
We use a very slow sip/draw to get good hits from the MFLB. when I made the 'bottle bong" I noticed.. the water slows and "stabilizes" the speed of the draw on the LB.. so it creates a constant paced hit.. allowing a bigger hit without our traditional, sip/stop/draw technique!
Here is a random flight;

Last edited:

Nycdeisel

cant wait for the water adapter, sounds like fun! im interested to find out the Boxes potential with a good piece of glass.

Nycdeisel,

TwztedVaper

Boom Shankar
I want to order an extra LB but I don't want the whole kit with the charger and batteries etc. BlisssVille used to sell only the box for a little cheaper price, but I guess with the new prices they've taken that option off. Anything else I can do to get just an extra box for cheaper than $119?

TwztedVaper,

stroh

errl enthusiast
awesome video vitolo, takes me back to my younger days of homemade bottle bongs and other DIY smoking contraptions :D at least with vapor i dont have to worry about off-gassing some plastic fumes into my lungs. i will have to try this sometime soon, not today as i am out of herb :(

stroh,

steven22

Hey guys.... I finally broke down and bought a set of powerex 2700's after constantly buying raovac platinums from walmart for over a year.

anyways, Im still using the stock charger that came with my box back when LB's didnt have the screen ring and pushback ring. Its a sanyo wall charger with 2 battery compartments that can charge single batts at a time.

This is fine for the 2700 right?... anything I should to do condition them or break them in?

thanks

steven22,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The charger is fine. Be sure to remove them promptly, and remember to keep the caps on them when not using. I was told also to start drawing a second sooner, as it will heat the element faster.

Vitolo,

steven22

Vitolo said:
The charger is fine. Be sure to remove them promptly, and remember to keep the caps on them when not using. I was told also to start drawing a second sooner, as it will heat the element faster.
thanks vitolo... remove them promptly?... I thought the charger shuts off when the batteries are charged (red led turns off). I normally leave them in overnight for fresh batteries to use during my day.

----

another question for everyone else... What is the conclusion about travelling with a used LB by air?..

I might have to do some international flying sometime soon.

the LB would be empty and clean as well as I can with ISO and Q-tip. Im not sure about the resin buildup below the screen that I can see through the mouthhole.

that being said, checked in luggage?... carry on possible?..

thanks

steven22,

Vitolo

Vaporist
steven22 said:
batteries...
The charger does not shut off. if you are using the original charger, then they blink green while doing fast charge... but stop blinking and go green solid for the trickle charge. That is so it doesn't overcharge, but they get red hot and the instructions warn about leaving them plugged in far beyond completion of charge.
As for travel. What are the regulations on unlabled unmarked batteries? Can they be interpreted wrongly?
I would put the LB in a shaving kit in a baggy. Nobody would questioin that in an xray. The batteries are my question. Dont travel with them next to the LB, as they are what will draw attention. Be sure to travel with them in a case, or have them "capped". Find out policy 1st on batteries, and if your charger will work where you are going too.
I sure wish you a safe journey!

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The image comes out HUGE when I post as an image- so here is a link. I could not find any available for sale though!
Walnut MFLB
(Not mine- image from web)

Vitolo,

snakeman

WatTyler said:
^ ^ ^ Nice haircut Vito! Taken years off! :p

You should check out the cheap mini cigarette bubbler I got from Deal Extreme for my MFLB. It works brilliantly because the downstem is so narrow- about the same as a cheap biro ink bit- which makes for the really slow draw needed. And it only cost $3.50 sent all the way from Honk Kong. I've shown it already in this thread, but I'll do so again, small, especially for you;
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/7347/dscf0236f.jpg

Be warned though it's a bit of a lucky dip with the design- I dropped my first and the mouth piece broke off, so I ordered another, but it's not quite as good a design- the mouthpiece comes off halfway up, and only a little above the boittom of the downstem. As a result there's only a very narrow range of water volume that works without it getting into your mouth. As you can see I managed to break the mouthpiece on this one too through my own stupidity, although it's a much weaker join that on the first example I owned:
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5248/dscf0335u.jpg

I think that they're pretty good value at $3.50, as long as I don't keep breaking them. But then I just broke my 40 inline precooler, which does put it into perspective. I'm convinced enough by the first one I had to try yet again (it really did work much better than any of my other glass with the LB) and so I've got 2 more on order from Hong Kong due any day now. I'm also hoping that they're the good design like the first example and not the poor one. Unforunately you can't choose with Deal Extreme.

Deal Extreme Cheap mini bubbler

Thanks for posting this again. I have been wanting to get one of these. How long was the shipping time from Hong Kong?

snakeman,

stroh

errl enthusiast
Vitolo said:
stroh said:
not today as i am out of herb...
Vito passes a "virtual" nug, in hopes that the "spirit" of the whole thing will be a "high" :)

why thank you vito, your "virtual" nug transcended the internet today and was delivered to me by a buddy of mine :lol:

however it turns out i have not one empty bottle in this household, or one that i wouldn't feel guilty about emptying, so the bong is out of the question for tonight.

however i did fashion a bag for my LB, and it works quite well here is a quick video of it in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDpFHIzlsjU

stroh,

559stonerr

magicflight said:
Hi,

There has been considerable interest in using the Launch Box with water tools. As such, it is my pleasure to announce that we will soon be releasing an adapter specifically designed for using a Launch Box with a water pipe. As the prototyping and production work has already been done, we expect that these will be available on the open market fairly soon. Watch this space for photos, updates, etc. as things develop.

-- Magic-Flight

hallelujah :cool:

559stonerr,

Vitolo

Vaporist
stroh said:
...why thank you vito, your "virtual" nug transcended the internet today and was delivered to me by a buddy of mine :lol:

That was simply ingenius! What a fun video! Thanks for sharing that. :D

Vitolo,

Vitolo

Vaporist
The straw will melt eventually, true. This was good clean fun though!
I bet if stroh likes his invention, he will redo it with an extended MFLB tube!
(a controlled air blower... like a fish tank pump might be just the ticket here! the tubing may be just right) That could replace your mouth and fill the bag for you!

Vitolo,

stroh

errl enthusiast
yes i figured the straw would melt eventually, the bag was made to be disposable and will be discarded after a few more uses. I do like the increased hit density, though the trenches brown much quicker. i also found that blowing at a faster rate still produced a visible vapor, but filled the bag much more efficiently, and the box did not reach as high a temperature. the fish pump sounds like a great idea and i believe i shall look into that along with some whip tubing so i can secure new, slightly more permanent bags onto my stem instead of using a straw.

stroh,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
snakeman said:
Thanks for posting this again. I have been wanting to get one of these. How long was the shipping time from Hong Kong?
Timing is not Deal Extreme's strong point and it can take several weeks. First they often need to get the item in from their suppliers (despite claims in the ad made otherwise), which can itself take anything from a day or two to over a week, although they do seem to get these dispatched pretty quickly though. Post seems to take a up to 3 weeks, but it's really highly variable and unpredictable. Deal Extreme are good and cheap, but I'd never shop there for something I needed rapidly.

I'm still looking forward to seeing the MF waterpipe adaptor though, as for fun I still do use other glass (althouth the deal extreme micro bubbler is still the best for LB IMHO). I want it to be something like the 7th floor waterpipe adaptor. Unfortunately the 7th floor design is just a bit too fat to fit into the LB stem hole, and the short stem is a little to thick to fit inside the waterpipe adaptor.
dscf0341m.jpg
dscf0340k.jpg

I've made do with bits of tubing, but think properly sized glass part to fit into the LB hole would be amazing :2c:
dscf0336wj.jpg

WatTyler,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
TwztedElegance said:
I want to order an extra LB but I don't want the whole kit with the charger and batteries etc. BlisssVille used to sell only the box for a little cheaper price, but I guess with the new prices they've taken that option off. Anything else I can do to get just an extra box for cheaper than $119?

I ordered a "bare box" from Blissville a few weeks ago. At the time (before everyone raised their prices) it was $60 for just the box (no batteries, stems, etc). Shoot them an email and see what the current price is.

sydnee,
Top Bottom