ILoveRadiohead!

IAmKrazy2 said:
I'm going to remove the wrapper on some batteries. never read that before. im worried now i'll get my several different types confused.
I would guess a permanent marker could solve that :)

ILoveRadiohead!,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
im afraid that would rub off on my hands, :| but they are marked with several diffrent numbers, but havent even got into my 2650mAh's yet. just various and some 2500, and 2200. should be able to tell appart if i write down "key"

IAmKrazy2,

josh

IAmKrazy2 said:
how many batteries does battery case carry?
Back to back posts are unnecessary. Just edit the previous post. Also this question would depend on what size battery case and what types of batteries the case is meant to hold and if we had that info your question would probably already be answered. I do like MF's suggestion of 1 battery for 1 trench. Obviously if you get more good but that is easy way to remember. I should have mine within the next couple days. I bought this to take the place of my PD for the drive to and from work and lunch break. This will also be fun to take to games when football season starts back up. Great product MF! This vape definitely has it's place in any users arsenal.

josh,

kingcrimson

the included battery case holds 4. I saved my packaging from when I bought spares in order to have holders. When I labeled with sharpie it did in fact rub off, *gasps* no surprise there.
But you can (or at least I can) tell my batteries apart by what I will call the 'cuff' the area that crimps the positive nub to the negative case.
as you can see these two are clearly different
Photo313.jpg

the one on the left is energizer of which I have 8, the one on the right I refer to as 'stock' - came with it.

Also to tell them apart leave 1 to .5 inch of the label on the negative end, that way I can ID my energizers that I remembered to do that on from far away or at a glance. The batt's ass doesn't nesescarily need to be stripped since the .

I much prefer the stock batteries to any of the ones I have gotten, though energizers work well. I hate duracel though, maybe I'm just insane but my duras just suck, dont fit well, dont charge well etc. maybe I mistakenly bought <2000 mah or something but I threw those 4 out in frustration.

I don't mess with 1 bat for longer than 1 trench, no reason to imo but If I was trying to stretch a single bat I suppose it might worth it.

kingcrimson,

2tiki

I recommend getting some colored circle stickers from 99 cent store or staples. Then you could color code the bottom flat part of the battery. Or stick a white label on the bottom and write on it with a marker.

All these things that you have to deal with in the LB that don't happen in other vapes become a complete non-issue very quickly when you see how great it works. Also, compare it to any other portable vape or non-portable for that matter, and you will find that there is always something you wish was easier or better about each of them. I think the battery issues, such as having to carry a bunch, or the time it takes to recharge them, are much less hassle than when I was constantly refilling my lighters for the VG (and sometimes burning my self on the hot metal part of the lighter after many uses).

2tiki,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
kingcrimson said:
the included battery case holds 4.
Note: units that are shipping now have a battery holder for two batteries (since we ship two batteries), but have a feature to "connect" together end to end so that they can be extended to any number of batteries (if needed). Depending on who you get batteries from, sometimes a battery holder is also included.

As far as marking/distinguishing peeled batteries is concerned -- perhaps scratching a letter onto the bottom with some sort of sharp scribe (a thumb tack?) would do the trick?

magicflight,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Darn, was hoping for a nice case to put 4 in magic flight.

I recommend getting some colored circle stickers from 99 cent store or staples. Then you could color code the bottom flat part of the battery. Or stick a white label on the bottom and write on it with a marker.

great idea, wow.

I have a car adaptor for my 15min charger too, so i don't know why i worry so... but i do.

Anyone use this is their only/every day vape. anyone who is a heavy user?? Just wondering.

IAmKrazy2,

2tiki

Except for 2 times I have only used this vape since I got it a few weeks ago when they came out. I used to use the Vapor Genie and wanted to compare them again side by side so I tried that twice, and since then I haven't wanted to use the VG as much. I still like the VG, and will keep in handy in case I forget to charge my batteries or any other kind of thing happens to the LB.

2tiki,

duh

Loading Tip: Use a funnel.

I forgot to mention this before and wonder how everyone else does it. As I don't like getting my hands dirty (cept' in code :p), I usual use the funnel. If I am out and about, a gram vial/film canister can usually pour w/out spilling. Good material gets your hands too dirty.

I bought a 3 size set at Target for $2 (wish I was at .99 store but couldn't wait). All the sizes work for the LB as well. The best use is to go from grinder to storage w/the funnel and no mess.

The tech is to rest the LB on a flat surface and have something nearby w/some height (i.e. towels, grinders, cups, whatever). Place the funnel gently on the LB and rest it against your bracing height. The funnel doesn't have to be straight-up - the point is that it doesn't fall down when you pour from the grinder or vial into it. Fill but don't over-fill. Look into the LB to see how the material is collecting - if half full already and there is some lift in the funnel, put your finger over the buttom of the funnel and take it away from the LB. Now shake the funnel and slowly move your finger out of the way to fill to taste.

Sidenote: Plastic funnels work but a metal funnel (used by drinks) would be safer as to handle a hot LB.

duh,

Beezleb

I use a baby spoon. Easier to carry, which I carry with the unit in a hard cover eye glass case along with everything I need.

Beezleb,

graywulf

Hi.

A few questions.
What is the trench screen made out of?
How completely does this box vape (what does the duff look like)? - pics would be awesome.

I've personally had a VG and uber cheap box/whip vape, but I have had intimate experience with a Volcano and Silver Surfer.

graywulf,

duh

graywulf said:
Hi.

A few questions.
What is the trench screen made out of?
How completely does this box vape (what does the duff look like)? - pics would be awesome.

I've personally had a VG and uber cheap box/whip vape, but I have had intimate experience with a Volcano and Silver Surfer.
Welcome graywulf! Your name makes me think Dr. Who but your icon invokes Zelda.

I think the screen is stainless steel but I know the whole unit is made w/non hazardous materials.

There may be duff pics in the old Launch Box Beta thread. Check there for a lot of your follow-up questions as there may be answers in there. The duff looks like any other vaporizer - if there is no shaking while it's in-use, the duff comes out in a 'loaf' the size of the groove w/browning on the bottom (the part closest to the screen). Otherwise, if you are an efficient shaker like me - your duff will be dark w/spots of green in it - stopping at this point avoids the lung butter/burnt popcorn stage.

The LB is capable of combustion - so you could go all char if you really wanted - you vape to taste.

duh,

kingcrimson

in my experience the box is fully capable of combustion, ie black charred duff. however this only occurs if you leave the batt forever between hits/don't agitate the load after several hits/etc.
I'd take a picture of my huge pile of duff thats accumulated over the last 3 weeks but Im fairly sure with my shitty computer's webcam it would just look like a pile of mids.

I would like to alter my previous sentiment as to the box working with hash oil. It did work for sure but now I fear some impure oil has in some way or other clogged or otherwise drastically affected the performance of my unit. So *DON'T* use hash oil in the box, (unpressed kiff/hash though is still good to go!). I think I just went a little test crazy when I found out I was getting a replacement and I just about did my box in. Either that or I just need some new bats - but from what more electrically knowledgeable folk have said I doubt its the batts. I'm going to try cleaning it again with a few drops of iso but I don't see that improving anything. My own fault I suppose :/ As least its replacement is on its way finally (I hope)

kingcrimson,

duh

kingcrimson said:
I would like to alter my previous sentiment as to the box working with hash oil.
kc, bummer. I thought that might have been the case but didn't want to say anything. However, it would be really cool if you would elaborate on what is going on w/your unit and maybe we can do a little public diagnosis.

I have wrecked a few LBs and LTs but only because I tore the screen away from the poles. (Used cotton swabs - don't do it!) Otherwise, you would have a path to get the unit working again.

I would concentrate the brushing of iso on the poles as that is where the action starts - if oil or an abv combo is blocking the initial contact - there is no heat.

HTH,
Duh

PS: Baby spoon - why didn't I think of that?!? :cool:

duh,

kingcrimson

ill take a pic hang on... this post will be edited with it and a description of the issue added shortly.

Photo316.jpg

basically where that discoloration is it doen't get hot. I can have the bat in and my finger on the screen there and feel no heat, and then if I put my finger against the side of the trench or on one of the poles that shit is HOT!

Photo315.jpg

Photo314-1.jpg

Right below the discoloration where the screen still appears as it did when the unit was NIB, I can't have my finger touch with the batt in. So methinks its some sort of carbon buildup or something thats preventing or insulating or doing something to prevent the box from being the efficient little masterpeice I fell in love with. Serves me right though for using it for a purpose for which it wasn't intended.

kingcrimson,

graywulf

I've been through the old thread looking for pics, no luck. I'll give a little more background to my question.

I'm looking for a vape unit that I have the option of running through water (which most can do with minor tweaking) and something that packs enough punch to be my sole vape (I don't want to have uneven, THC-laden duff that will just get tossed). And at least semi-portability so I can chill on my top floor, lakeside balcony next year. But this will mostly be a home unit.

After I had thought I covered my options I read the flight box thread. It instantly struck me as something innovative... yet completely affordable. And customer service/warranty/repair seems superb.

edit* In regards to my budget I'm selling my Lux mini to a friend to fund this purchase, for about $180. ATM I see myself getting a flight box and EHLE 100 mL + misc. stuff from EDIT.

graywulf,

duh

kc, don't beat yourself up so much! You are a pioneer of the 1st order! Besides, I think oil does work, only you have to put an abv cushion under it and only use tiny amounts. I imagine you had a good time while it lasted tho! :lol:

Anyway, the carbon buildup should be totally removable. Iso may not cut it and you may need a soak too. I wonder if others can jump in as I wouldn't want to give bad advice - my instinct would be to grab oven cleaner and spray some in a bowl and paint w/that next, before going back to iso if that worked.

duh,

duh

graywulf said:
I've been through the old thread looking for pics, no luck. I'll give a little more background to my question.

I'm looking for a vape unit that I have the option of running through water (which most can do with minor tweaking) and something that packs enough punch to be my sole vape (I don't want to have uneven, THC-laden duff that will just get tossed). And at least semi-portability so I can chill on my top floor, lakeside balcony next year. But this will mostly be a home unit.

After going through my options the box has stuck with me as innovative, attractive, and very $reasonable$. And customer service/warranty/repair seems superb.

edit* In regards to my budget I'm selling my Lux mini to a friend to fund this purchase, for about $180. ATM I see myself getting a flight box and EHLE 100 mL + misc. stuff from EDIT.
Are you a merman or something? Why do you want to run it through water? As long as it's operational, isn't that the point? It's probably ok but the wood is going to degrade, not worth it imo.

On a side note, has anyone ever hit the LB on a vapor-bong setup? That would be an interesting read. As long as the LB is shaken, it ought to work well, I'm guessing.

duh,

kingcrimson

duh said:
On a side note, has anyone ever hit the LB on a vapor-bong setup? That would be an interesting read. As long as the LB is shaken, it ought to work well, I'm guessing.
sure have
heres my homemade ghetto rig
Photo317.jpg

It rules. I really like having the water there to 'pull for/with me' I feel like I can sip (as I prefer higher temps and thus a slow draw) really easily when bong-ing the box.

this thing is like a little mini verdamper, except conduction instead of convection. I've said it before and I'll say it again, MF, make a desktop or even better hookah sort of model to undercut the extreme expense of the verdamper!!! I love my LB but sometimes i just want to chug vapor, when stealthiness isnt an issue.

And as for cleaning the buildup - I imagine it might be possible, but as of yet I was afraid to use more than 5 drops of iso as suggested by the instructions. They pretty much say there's no way to clean the screen and that if it becomes detatched or damaged (as mine did about two weeks ago) they'll replace it.

When I was at that point I went a little hog wild, I already knew small drops of oil worked but I wanted to see if a trench of oil would. oops. lol, silly me.

Why would you want to run this thing under water?
The duff is as thc laden as you allow it to be, you can dump all black out of the box if you hit it the right way, and long enough. lol merman. :lol:

kingcrimson,

digglover

Excellent :D!

I just got my launch box today! My word is it a tiny device. It is unbelievable! Either this or the vapman is the smallest vaporizer on the market right now... It is significantly more portable then the vaporgenie and I can't wait to try it out tonight!

Couple issues worth noting, I ordered off of vapenow via amazon (I get free 2 day shipping) and I assumed that the same kit was being sold by vapenow that blisssville was selling. Vapenow's kit is missing the small draw stem, the brush, the battery case, and the pouch. This is clearly mentioned on vapenow but I just neglected to read it haha... It's interesting that they are now selling 3 configurations. So just an fyi for anyone interested in buying. As a nice touch, they wrote on the box that they had fully charged the batteries with the date on it.

My other issue is with the wood smell - It is a bit pungent for me right now but I assume that'll come right out.

But otherwise it looks great :)!

digglover,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
i am kindof mad i bought from vapenow, also. why am i paying the same price for less items? i had previously only used gotvape.com and i am very happy with them so far. but, they obviously don't sell the LB, think it might be the last time vapenow hears from me. a little angered now. brush isn't a huge deal but i REALLY, wanted the option to try all available mouth pieces.

what makes me even more mad, my vape comes in tommorow, but i work 7am to 3pm. I called my apartment complex office and they say i can not have UPS drop it off their. sucks. since i work at 7am saturday too, and no UPS on Sundays i'll likely have to wait till wednesday, as i work monay/tuesday also.

IAmKrazy2,

ILoveRadiohead!

IAmKrazy2 said:
i am kind of mad i bought from vapenow, also. why am i paying the same price for less items? i had previously only used gotvape.com and i am very happy with them so far. but, they obviously don't sell the LB, think it might be the last time vapenow hears from me. a little angered now. brush isn't a huge deal but i REALLY, wanted the option to try all available mouth pieces.
Well vapenow does state whats included in the kit on the order page as well as showing a picture of everything they ship. I wouldn't be too quick to point the finger at them. ;)

Also Blissville does charge $84 for their own basic kit so you didn't really pay the same price for less items.

I ordered a LB from Blissville but I've also ordered a PD from vapenow in the past and been more than happy with the service I received from both places.

ILoveRadiohead!,

digglover

ILoveRadiohead! said:
IAmKrazy2 said:
i am kind of mad i bought from vapenow, also. why am i paying the same price for less items? i had previously only used gotvape.com and i am very happy with them so far. but, they obviously don't sell the LB, think it might be the last time vapenow hears from me. a little angered now. brush isn't a huge deal but i REALLY, wanted the option to try all available mouth pieces.
Well vapenow does state whats included in the kit on the order page as well as showing a picture of everything they ship. I wouldn't be too quick to point the finger at them. ;)

Also Blissville does charge $84 for their own basic kit so you didn't really pay the same price for less items.

I ordered a LB from Blissville but I've also ordered a PD from vapenow in the past and been more than happy with the service I received from both places.
Well depending on where he bought it from it might've been $85.

I paid $85 via vapenow on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Flight-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243551150&sr=8-1

I'm not really pissed off or anything - Just wish I'd read their page :rolleyes:...

digglover,
Top Bottom