1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Magic-Flight Box

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by magicflight, May 16, 2009.

1. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    OF and His_Highness like this.
  2. cawshook

cawshook Solod out.

thanks. after looking into it more, i will be avoiding the maud dib because of the brass bowl. to make things worse, i specifically asked the MFLB customer service what metals are used in the maud dib and their reply was just "the pins and screens are made from stainless steel".

im looking at the TRVP and Dynavap right now. probably going to get a dynavap and shove a mighty concentrate pad in the cap. still researching though

3. RogueGuy

RogueGuy Accessory Maker

@cawshook IMHO the Dynacoil is worth every penny. The DC can crank out bigger tastier clouds than any coil I have ever tried. Its my go to after quartz banger. Its also nice to have a dedicated DV concentrate setup.

Madri-Gal and cawshook like this.
  4. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

@cawshook the brass in the Muad-dip never gets above room temperature and has nothing to do with the act of vaporizing your concentrate.

The brass is 100% cosmetic, it just lines the 'cup' under the "pins and screens" so it's easier to keep it clean.

Logic, Madri-Gal, OF and 2 others like this.
  5. cawshook

cawshook Solod out.

im considering it for sure, probably will end up ordering it if i get the dynavap (if not initially then later on), but i have a decent amount of crumble and its very "crumbly" so not sure the dynacoil will be able to hold it or if the crumble will just fall through. i was told i could heat the coil to get the crumble to stick, but it sounds like a bit of a pain in the butt. that is kind of why i like the maud-dib. you can easily load anything (crumble/shatter) that isnt super sticky.

one downside to the dynavap is that im also worried about burning myself by putting the heated end in my mouth. I've done stupider things while stoned. I could always use a small water pipe get around that, but i'm looking for something portable.

sorry for all these questions guys i promise i tried the search function, but its not that great and there's a lot of info to go through. i've been trying to research as much as possible, but i cant spend multiple hours everyday researching vapes. if anyone has anymore vapes to suggest i look at, let me know.
    thanks

thanks. i will reconsider in that case, but still disappointed that they didnt answer the question fully. i understand its not involved in the vaporization process but i did not know how hot the box gets during use and whether the brass heats up as well.

its not easy choosing a vape that is perfect for you when you cant try them out. i appreciate the help

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    RogueGuy likes this.
  6. RogueGuy

RogueGuy Accessory Maker

@cawshook Thats why everyone ends up with like 10 vapes!!

I think I remember you asking about crumble. Check out the Humbolt Vape Tech Sai Doughnut coil if you are not familiar. It would be one of the best devices to handle crumble giving you excellent flavor but not huge clouds.

I'm definitely interested in the Maud Dib based on how much I like the LB.

7. OF

OF Well-Known Member

Ten? Only the new guys.....and wimps of course.

It's your duty to support our Makers you know..........

OF

8. cawshook

cawshook Solod out.

im fine with a device that doesnt produce huge clouds. I look more for efficiency. I will check it out, thnx.

Logic and Madri-Gal like this.
  9. RUDE BOY

RUDE BOY Space is the Place

The brass doesn't heat up at all, it' the same temp as the wooden launch box.

The brass would need to be heated near smelting temps for anything to leach off of it so the wood box would be ash long before that happened.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    el sargantano and OF like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors