• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

OF

I like mflb alote an I like to use my brush to loosen the herb or kief from the screen I have to replace due to issues does any one know if the oil screen trays worth having for kief

I found them useful for both keif and concentrates, although I think other vapes do concentrates better? It's great with kief, or at least so I found.......until I ran out of kief.......

I don't follow the first part, are you looking to replace the brush or screen (which means a new box...)? If you've damaged your factory brush and want to replace it, I suggest doing so with a BOAR BRISTLE artists brush (avoid camel and sable hair and synthetics) from the local arts and crafts store. I cut the handles short and cut about half the length of the bristles (scissors job) which makes them stiffer end more effective.

You might try cutting one off at an angle, I find that shape quite handy for getting into corners and other tight spots.

OF

Resinrider

I shake the box during my first few pre draw heat ups to prevent the herb from sticking.
I hold the battery in for 6 seconds while shaking, then draw for six seconds with battery still engaged.... then release battery and continue to draw for probably 5 or 6 more seconds. After the first few hits the herb dries out enough to not stick.

Waldorulez

My mflb I used a mission control station an it started sparking all kinds an the coating of the wire inside where the battery connects got ruind

Waldorulez,
Reactions: AtomicPB

ArthurJ

I'm a sucker for the limited editions.
That's the women's month monacle, just arrived today, warming up with some Wonder Woman, appropriately enough.

EObBZnq.jpg

I love the Monacle!

ft4brkh.jpg

junny89

That's the women's month monacle, just arrived today, warming up with some Wonder Woman, appropriately enough.

EObBZnq.jpg

I love the Monacle!

ft4brkh.jpg

Oooo nice!
I wanted a black one but the never let me have one! Haha back when I was purchasing my first MFLB.
Ended up with the brown monocle instead.
Wow that looks sexy!

BTW, looks like the material is clumpy? Or is it just the pic?

Enjoy!

ArthurJ

Hey @junny89, I'm not sure what you mean by clumpy. The surface of the metal is smooth but has the appearance of some texture to it. Bottom left corner of the close there is an indented edge, which may be part of the design.
It was really sweet, I'm glad I fell for it.

junny89

Hey @junny89, I'm not sure what you mean by clumpy. The surface of the metal is smooth but has the appearance of some texture to it. Bottom left corner of the close there is an indented edge, which may be part of the design.
It was really sweet, I'm glad I fell for it.

It sure looks it!
Ahh I was referring to the herb material inside haha not the box it self.

Vitolo

Vaporist

EObBZnq.jpg

I love the Monacle!

ft4brkh.jpg
Ahhh nice!
They have taken the dab box "Muad Dib", and placed a traditional MFLB screen within, and thus was born
: the "Women's Month Monacle".
Nice way of combining existing functional MFLB parts to celebrate a recognized recently born occasion.
Slick business move!

KidFated.

Unknown Member
Ahhh nice!
They have taken the dab box "Muad Dib", and placed a traditional MFLB screen within, and thus was born
Nice way of combining existing functional MFLB parts to celebrate a recognized recently born occasion.
Slick business move!
The monocle has been around awhile, with some having complaints of air leakage on the top lid,
Brother has one and it hits just like a normal LB.

I freakin love the mflb, the vape signature is out of this world..

Vitolo

Vaporist
The monocle has been around awhile, with some having complaints of air leakage on the top lid
Physics.
Convex surfaces must be centered "just so" to achieve an even seal.... and things are not always "just so".
I freakin love the mflb, the vape signature is out of this world..
I used to have an MFLB in each room.
They have gone to patients, but I still have one that I used 2-3 times a day.
I used to kiss the box (go stemless), but over the last few years I found that using the stem helps hold back the tide of sublimates that will eventually come.
I used one box for 5 years, without a stem, and one day the goo just burst forth from the mouth hole.
5 years day in and day out it built up.
Magic Flight being the stand-up business that they are, warrantied that box, and I use the replacement regularly.
In the midst of innovations, and ladder climbers... and names that come and go... in the end, there still is Magic-Flight. (only I am back to using a stem.. acrylic being my preference)

OF

Believe it or not, I still use a longer acrylic stem that the good friend OF sent a few years back. I misplaced the shorter ones..

You lost the 'sacred friendship stem' I sent you already???

So, 4/20 is coming up once again, right? How about we do it again? Our own little celebration.....

Here's my suggestion. If you live in the US (I don't want to deal with foreign postage), PM me with your name and address and requested stem lengths (let's change it a bit this year, two choices). To make it easier on me let's call them short (say about 3 inches like the stock ones), medium (maybe five?) and long (8 or so, longest that will fit a standard envelope).

I'll get some more stock (I think I have a couple of feet left?) and will cut off the list after 4/20, make up the stems and mail them out. Like last time. IIRC there were a lot of folks in the last time, the thread seems slower these days but it could be popular? I'm OK with that, of course, but it could lead to some delays. I'll ship in order requested, so get the request in early to get earliest shipment?

So send me a PM with a title like "MFLB Stem" with your (two) length choices, name and US address to send them to. I'll make a list in order received, but like last time will destroy the list when they ship. Like last time I'll reply and confirm you're on the list.

Looking forward to another 4/20 celebration, special for us in California since it's now legal here!!

Thanks for the reminder, KF, an idea that bears repeating as they say? Regards and weekend best wishes to all.

OF

Tranquility

Here's my suggestion. If you live in the US (I don't want to deal with foreign postage), PM me with your name and address and requested stem lengths (let's change it a bit this year, two choices). To make it easier on me let's call them short (say about 3 inches like the stock ones), medium (maybe five?) and long (8 or so, longest that will fit a standard envelope).

I'll get some more stock (I think I have a couple of feet left?) and will cut off the list after 4/20, make up the stems and mail them out. Like last time. IIRC there were a lot of folks in the last time, the thread seems slower these days but it could be popular? I'm OK with that, of course, but it could lead to some delays. I'll ship in order requested, so get the request in early to get earliest shipment?

First of all, that is an awesome gesture. I am impressed with your generosity and with your desire for others to enjoy this wonderful vape. I still have my stem so won't need the help; but, I am still thankful for the offer.

For the reason I write, how are you going to know how much material to purchase? Me, I might do something like assign a value to the number of people who want a particular length and figure out the amount from that. Something like (Where S=number who want small, M=#medium, L=#large):

(S*3)+(M*5)+(L*8)=inches of material to buy

Of course, I don't have your avatar. ;)

OF

For the reason I write, how are you going to know how much material to purchase? Me, I might do something like assign a value to the number of people who want a particular length and figure out the amount from that. Something like (Where S=number who want small, M=#medium, L=#large):

(S*3)+(M*5)+(L*8)=inches of material to buy

Of course, I don't have your avatar. ;)

Thanks, glad to help when I can. Most guys don't have access to the tube (although it's out there...) and don't have the tools/skills handy to cut a few inches off the six foot 'stick'. I do, and am retired (no labor costs, since officially my labor is no longer valued....), small material cost and reasonable postage. Under a dollar per 'customer'? Trivial price to pay for the advice/help I got here when I first came.

Glad you've got your stem still. Some break/lose theirs you know. However this is a good chance to experiment with a longer one? I find getting the box out a ways really helps the new guys, and is kinda fun in it's own right.

Good question. I can get an idea of demand in the next few weeks, but will no doubt buy a bit more (it gets used for other things). As a guess, the average is probably about a foot, given there's some loss. If I run short I can order more and those 'at the bottom of the list' will have to wait an additional week, or ask for a refund.

Just because I stole an avatar doesn't mean I can drive a slide rule (although I can, I'm that old). Anymore than buying a guitar makes you a musician? I think it's cool that you're thinking in those terms, as a society we need more of that. We used to have it in spades, today I guess folks don't grow up as curious as the past, they expect their car to work and expect someone else to understand and take responsibility for the details?

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
— Robert Heinlein
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competent_man

Thanks again, best wishes to all.

OF

Tranquility

It's not my daily driver and I haven't used it enough for a gunk eruption even though I use it right off the box for years. The idea of using the stem as a cleaning mitigation has not really been high on my list. Since I tried the box again last night, and loved it, I might have to put it in the rotation again and re-try the stem. There is something sublime to working through a trench until exhausted with one hand. It is a very pure experience.

However, I'm just younger than having to have had to use a slide rule. I was taught how (which helped a LOT for estimating things), but by the time I needed to calculate things they had calculators. As to my car, I KNOW gas goes in the back and am informed and believe oil, water and other fluids go in somewhere under the hood.

85605716.jpg

OF

However, I'm just younger than having to have had to use a slide rule. I was taught how (which helped a LOT for estimating things), but by the time I needed to calculate things they had calculators. As to my car, I KNOW gas goes in the back and am informed and believe oil, water and other fluids go in somewhere under the hood.

Amen, brother! A kindred spirit! Flash me the secret hand sign......

Slide rules taught us two things now lost in the shuffle I think are important to math past balancing your checkbook. First the scale being non linear teaches a LOT. Also we lost the idea of ratios and proportions. We give modest service with percentages, but obviously do a very poor job teaching this shortcut to the next generation who cannot put it to solid use. The slide rule shows you graphically than one in two is the same as two in four, 8 in 16 and 2.34 in 4.68. All we need do to find out how much in 45.3 (gallons say) is look at the number above it on the C scale? How far your car will go on X gallons or how many gallons are needed for Y miles is right there under the cursor.

But not needed for balancing your checkbook, which most students can't do these days anyway? Calculators/computers/the web have made it so much better you know.

I applaud the car attitude. One of the most inspiring Engineers I ever worked with, a guy who 'could do anything' prided himself at having never lifted the hood of his car. This was in the day where Service Stations gave service, checked oil and water routinely for you, but otherwise he took it to the shop. "They need a job, too" he'd say over coffee. One of the projects he worked on involved charging a big capacitor up and dumping it into a magnitron (RADAR tube) that dumped microwaves down an accelerator that sent high speed electrons with 12 Million Volts energy into a target to make X-rays for cancer treatment. Serious stuff. The problem was the output was drifting over time, and Radiologists are a picky lot when lives are at stake. Had to hold 3% short term and 5% for 10 minutes IIRC. Nobody could keep the long term spec. Hartline took the existing approach (measure the charge, estimate the output) and added a running error value (he'd sample and see what actually came out on each pulse before with 'weighting' more for the last few). This 'accumulated error' factor kept the long term in line. His explanation was simple, "If you can't predict the future, you'd better learn top profit from your past mistakes". Words to live by. We need more like him.

Anyway, I think MFLB bridges that gap in a fun way. Those of us geeks who value such things have plenty to love. For the others, it works by magic.

And they are in the majority.......

OF

Tranquility

But not needed for balancing your checkbook, which most students can't do these days anyway? Calculators/computers/the web have made it so much better you know.
I swear to you with raised hand, I have an intelligent woman who is a client and who has a Masters Degree (In art, but a Masters) and who married a doctor and runs his office. When she called telling us the bank told her she was short (cash), part of the conversation was, "How can I be out of money when I still have more checks?"

I applaud the car attitude. One of the most inspiring Engineers I ever worked with, a guy who 'could do anything' prided himself at having never lifted the hood of his car. This was in the day where Service Stations gave service, checked oil and water routinely for you, but otherwise he took it to the shop. "They need a job, too" he'd say over coffee. One of the projects he worked on involved charging a big capacitor up and dumping it into a magnitron (RADAR tube) that dumped microwaves down an accelerator that sent high speed electrons with 12 Million Volts energy into a target to make X-rays for cancer treatment. Serious stuff. The problem was the output was drifting over time, and Radiologists are a picky lot when lives are at stake. Had to hold 3% short term and 5% for 10 minutes IIRC. Nobody could keep the long term spec. Hartline took the existing approach (measure the charge, estimate the output) and added a running error value (he'd sample and see what actually came out on each pulse before with 'weighting' more for the last few). This 'accumulated error' factor kept the long term in line. His explanation was simple, "If you can't predict the future, you'd better learn top profit from your past mistakes". Words to live by. We need more like him.
I've used a microwave before.

Anyway, I think MFLB bridges that gap in a fun way. Those of us geeks who value such things have plenty to love. For the others, it works by magic.

And they are in the majority.......

OF
I've wanted to write about this before. One part of the beauty of the box is that it is obvious how it works. It is pure and true and just makes sense. While I have no education in computers, my buddy has an advanced degree and, to him, computers are the same way. Once you get down to the basic level, they just work. When you learn the physics, they have to work. Computers are not so much an invention as a discovery.

Don't get me wrong, I like the bells and whistles of my advanced technology vapes. I just don't admire them for their cleverness. The MFLB is just jaw-dropping simply sophisticated. I admire it along with the butane-type heat vapes. Simple, pure, obvious in a clever and subtle way. Kudos to the inventors/engineers/discoverers. By looking in the box, they thought outside of it and made something great.

OF

The MFLB is just jaw-dropping simply sophisticated. I admire it along with the butane-type heat vapes. Simple, pure, obvious in a clever and subtle way. Kudos to the inventors/engineers/discoverers. By looking in the box, they thought outside of it and made something great.

Spot on! It's the obvious result of following an idea and optimizing it. From the Launch Tube, the similar box they used to sell for sampling perfumes, and the earlier versions of the Box it's evolution for sure.

In a similar vein I find VapMan. A simple looking creation of mostly wood (again) that is very effective at what it does. Like MFLB, the more you use/look at it, the more you truly respect the guy behind it. Hand made in Switzerland no less, the base model being Pear wood of all things? How many other things do you have made of Pear wood? Yet it's a very solid choice of materials. A personal favorite, complete with it's own rituals. Very fun and effective. And about the same price as MFLB and it uses even smaller loads......

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/vapman.94/page-308

Yes, you need an appropriate torch/lighter, but no battery hassles........

You might want to check it out, highly recommended (pun intended).

OF

junny89

You lost the 'sacred friendship stem' I sent you already???

So, 4/20 is coming up once again, right? How about we do it again? Our own little celebration.....

So send me a PM with a title like "MFLB Stem" with your (two) length choices, name and US address to send them to. I'll make a list in order received, but like last time will destroy the list when they ship. Like last time I'll reply and confirm you're on the list.

Looking forward to another 4/20 celebration, special for us in California since it's now legal here!!

Thanks for the reminder, KF, an idea that bears repeating as they say? Regards and weekend best wishes to all.

OF
Any chance you can sort some out for you're good friend in the UK?
Actually never mind, my brother is out in the USA so could get them shipped there.
Hmmmm!
Does the MFLB work well with long stems?

junny89

Ahhh nice!
Slick business move!

I actually gave them the idea! As I sent a request to get a one off monocle made in black for herbs. As I can't use the maid dib here.
However I got shot down :cry: . They only will do the monocle in the brown wood finish!
Like to think I contributed a tiny amount to them making it in black.
(Of course they made use of the Women's month and made it a special eiditon for that)

Loving my MFLB more and more I :bowdown:use it. It's just so quiky and its always consistent and gets you blazed.

Top Bottom