Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Look what I found! It matches my new walnut MFLB perfectly! Also found my PA 2.0 too. I'm all set. :)

qr1PMBc.jpg

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Post office screwed up and didn't deliver my new walnut launch box, but all is not lost. I went digging deep, and found my old maple launch box. It's not in bad shape, and still heats up great, especially with the PA 2.0. Hopefully I'll be able to post pics of the walnut tomorrow. :)

oNJKHIi.jpg

With a bubbler is even nicer. Talk about smooth hits! :D

jn4Gewq.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

OF

I found 4 old Eneloop batteries (2400mah low self discharge) and the last time I used them was 2010! They are all still holding a charge, and I just used one to vape a trench! That's crazy! Great batteries! :nod:

That's for sure, tough little buggers. We heap on the abuse, they shake it off and still make the touchdown. Others may beat them flat out, like the Glyphs, but it's really easy to recommend them. Known performance/value.

OF

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
That's for sure, tough little buggers. We heap on the abuse, they shake it off and still make the touchdown. Others may beat them flat out, like the Glyphs, but it's really easy to recommend them. Known performance/value.

OF

Do you know if the glyph batteries come in the MFLB kits that Puffitup sells? I'm thinking they probably do.

On a side note, post office still hasn't delivered my new walnut LB, so I called and they admitted it was lost right now. God, I truly hate them.

Edit-I just checked the Puffitup site, and they are glyphs.

Last edited:

OF

Do you know if the glyph batteries come in the MFLB kits that Puffitup sells? I'm thinking they probably do.

Not sure, I haven't bought one in a while. I'm finding it pretty hard to wear one out, really. I should think they do, no make that expect they do? Send 'em an email and ask, neither Randy or Jake has lied. That we found out about. Yet. So far, we think. At least on this Forum.........

OF

Sto.Oned

Hi guys , i use mflb since 4 years. now i had one new with the warranty but i can't see the same quantity of vapour in the chamber, the light seems less bright , it takes too long for vaporizing and the weed remain clear brown, while in the past i could let become dark brown- black.
I thought I should moove the metal ring for the negative pole, but it doesn't change. so i'm thinking that probably my energizer 2350 also if new are too thin for the metal ring. In fact they moove a bit inside the box, so probably because the ring is not so close to the battery is not sufficient in power.
There's a way for let them work with much more power than now? wich matherial could i apply on batteries that is a conductor?

Thanks!

Sto.Oned,

Skatedecking

Mflb and PA 2.0 Arizer Air S & B Crafty
Tips to amp vapor quality:
1)Replace the screen if used chronically more than 1 year (probably warranty)
2)PA adaptor
3)Finer grind consistency

Skatedecking,

Sto.Oned

I was wondering if the problem is due to the battery that maybe is thinner than the others...anyone ever tried the energizer?
Now i hardly get stoned, everything is new..
Anyway, what is pa adaptor?

Sto.Oned,
Reactions: OF

OF

I was wondering if the problem is due to the battery that maybe is thinner than the others...anyone ever tried the energizer?
Now i hardly get stoned, everything is new..
Anyway, what is pa adaptor?

I'm confused. This is with new factory batteries? They sound lame (don't judge by the light, there are several different bulbs (and some with none at all). Does the performance get worse in a single trench? That is does a few hits seem to make it even cooler than the start?

MFLB places a huge demand on the battery, WAY above what they are designed for. Only a very few models are up to it. Guys have reported trying Energizers (of some sort) without success. Stick to factory batteries in good condition until you sort it out?

The PA is a power supply that replaces the battery. You need mains or a car or some other 12 VDC source to run it. It does a great job, is fairly expensive, and means the box is no longer really portable.

HTH

OF

Sto.Oned

thank you for finally clearify me! :)
Anyway no, the mflb in warrancy comes without batteries.
My old one, used for YEARS, now stopped working. It's weird how normally I read on threads that people use them for 3 max 4 months.. Mine works great for like 2 years! the duracell ones too, a bit less.
I would use a new couple of classic batteries, but right now i m in australia and normally in supermarkets there are just duracell and energizer (I'll try on cameras shop). Maybe i should try with them, because as i said i really appreciate them, but normally on threads no one talks about Duracell. Are these so bad?

Anyway the experience right now is like low power for long time.
Batteries last longer but i have to wait from 10 to 15 seconds for seeing a bit of vapour inside the box (with other batteries - duracell and mflb ones in 5-6 seconds started producing a lot), very few, so for every puff i wait like 10-15 seconds. The hit is very low. But at the end it still work, meaning that i m a bit stoned with 4-6 shots, but not enough. Normally i get stoned with 2-3 shots with my own tecnique: doing 3 closed puffs keeping the vapour from the first one(without exhaling), and keeping all for 20-30 sec after the third puff.
I recommend this quicker stronger way for getting stoned: everything is based on keeping the vapour in the lumbs more time.
But now with the energizer I'm half stoned, in the double of time (so i have to smoke a bit, and i HATE that) -.-

Sto.Oned

Thank you for the trick, but I found a nice shop in Brisbane with enveloop pro 2550. Because the price is high, anyone can confirm me that this battery perfectly fit in the hole of mflb? Or it could move and so it will not release the power that I need? Thanks :)

Sto.Oned,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thank you for the trick, but I found a nice shop in Brisbane with enveloop pro 2550. Because the price is high, anyone can confirm me that this battery perfectly fit in the hole of mflb? Or it could move and so it will not release the power that I need? Thanks :)

If you mean "Eneloop" batteries, I have some right now, and they work great.

Vicki,
Reactions: Vapenvy

Vapenvy

Indie vaper

Yes, eneloop are great in the mflb. Lots of power.

It's hard to know about fit of batteries because over the years the boxes have slightly different battery sizes, tuned to the supply of batteries they used at the time.

Having said that, from memory the eneloop xxx i used were a slightly looser fit than the powerex 2700 batteries (very awesome if you can find them)

A workaround on thinner batteries is to use a razor blade to cut only the top 2cm or so off of the battery jacket, so that the battery jacket pushes slightly into the mflb battery cavity but still enough bare battery for the contact. The battery is safer for transport and also looks more like a normal battery so good for extra stealth.

The extra thickness of the battery jacket stops it from sliding out of the mflb.

Although this won't help if the battery is too thin for the contact. Sometimes spinning a thin battery helps it get better contact.

Edit. Punctuation

I used my new walnut launch box the whole time I was watching Captain America, Civil War at the theatre this afternoon. The theatre was pretty full too, but we were sitting in the very back row, in the corner. It was perfect, and the movie was great! :)

I guess you have to be just a little discreet when you tap the load between hits?

archangelz001,
Reactions: Vicki

Lokbok

I noticed that they are sold out of the PA on all the websites.

Yea, I think there might be a shortage right now because of their transition to the newer model of the power adapter as well as fulfilling warranties. If you can find a 2.0 version for cheaper, I'd say go for it. If it breaks, MFLB will replace it with a newer model.

So the steel ball catch on my Box just came out. I'm curious if anyone had this happen and what they did to remedy it. I've already contacted MF about any suggestions, but I figure I'd ask around while I wait for their reply.. I'm fine with repairing it myself (rather than going through warranty) because the unit is perfectly fine otherwise. Thanks in advance.

Lokbok,
Top Bottom