mplx

My bong arrived a few days ago and i used it in combination with the LB a couple of times now. So, is it good? Ooh yes:D Without a bong i often inhaled just a little too much vapor and it gets a little irritating on the throat.
You know, "o shiiii ..cough,cough..water!". With this bong i can take long slooow draws and the vapor is visible and cloudy:clap: Tastes very smooth, also at higher temps. Two hits and boom:haw: The herbs turn brow and empty sooner, but that hits.. oh man:tup: I should have bought one earlier .

Btw. this one http://www.everyonedoesit.co.uk/onl...es---big-bang-4-arm-shower-diffuser-stack.cfm

blackbur

Received my concentrate trays from the MD drop.
Tried them out with some budder, it was pretty neat watching it bubble and the taste was supreme almost as good as my haze.
Mflb was my 2nd vape and will always be in the rotation..I need some golden batteries!

6 to 9

There seems to be endless discussion about grinders and the launch box. People feel that grinder prices are too high and then read that full appreciation/value of the mflb depends upon getting the grinder. Others say if you want fine grind, bang the herb around with a coin in a vial/canister.

Today while walking I tried another poster's suggestion to dump the granular mid-trench herb into my palm and (you lose a few grains!) push it around with my fingers and dump it back in for a couple of nice tokes.
Generally I grind with S&B's orange grinder and paper winnow the finer stuff for my box.

Often the first few draws are very light. That is one of the reasons people say it takes some finesse to use the mflb.
It took me a while to learn to start with shorter draws so the moist herb doesn't stick to the screen and scorch. Once the material is dried by the first couple of draws, the clouds'll come. Of course, if you can leave your ground material out in the air for an hour or two, it makes it easier.

axakal

so i was over at a friend's house yesterday. he put his volcano on the table and then i realized once again how the box spoiled me. the heat up time was almost unbearably long. the load inside the chamber was slightly discolorated but still with a hint of green, however his volcano classic was unable to produce any visible vapor even at the highest setting. i put those leftovers into the box with the PA on the highest setting. and voila, tasty clouds galore. the efficiency of small vaporizers like the box and vapman is amazing in comparison to the volcano and the mighty an other friend owns. the box is still extracting goodies when the S&B units give up. i also prefer the interaction with the device. with the box, you get a lot of feedback rewarding or punishing at times. being an active part of the process is much more fun.

Last edited:

zor

That's funny, the volcano was the first vape to truly show me fully spent herb and it is the one that could salvage more vapor from otherwise "spent" herb from my mflb and herbalaire. Maybe his was defective?

zor,

LJ420

I have watched this thread for years, so thought I'd comment. I have owned a mflb for 6 yrs and live in UK. It is my main vape, I also own a flowermate and a wispr2, and enjoy the rare occasion I use them too, but I find the mflb much more efficient than these vapes, and the way it looks and works just suits my life. I love the visual aspect of watching my herbs slowly vape, and I can get big clouds or thin vapor depending on how I feel and the situation. I also love the vapor on demand way it works most of all, there's no cooking in between hits. This is usually reserved for high end convection vapes.Nice fresh taste, a decent home unit with the p.a attached. Great accessories and add ons, great company to deal with when I've had to. I enjoy mine so much I don't really think about buying another vaporiser, but prob would if saw a good deal on a good one. Only home units I've tried are volcano and verdamper both great, but I can get the same amount of vapor with mflb, finishing grinder also great. Yes, I'm a big fan :p

axakal

i don't think it was deffective. it worked perfect with a fresh load. from my experience, it doesn't want to go the extra mile and bake the herbs until the are coffee brown.

That's funny, the volcano was the first vape to truly show me fully spent herb and it is the one that could salvage more vapor from otherwise "spent" herb from my mflb and herbalaire. Maybe his was defective?

axakal,

The Stranger

Account Closed
So I received my mflb the day before I left for vacation. Still on vacation but it has been over a week and the mflb has been getting regular and almost exclusive use from me and 1-2 other people.

The first time I used it I combusted a little bit of the herb in the trench and ever since then haven't. It really only took us a trench or two to get the hang of the little box.

At first I really wasn't sure of it. The vapor had a wooden taste to it and always tasted like it was being vaped at a really high temperature. But like everyone says, and even the owners manual, getting the perfect hit just takes some time and really does become second nature. I still only use the 'slow long draw' with it because I feel like I can control the temperature better and it's really the only way I feel like I want to.

But man, I can get some mouth watering sweet hits from this thing now. I have never combusted herb in it after that first time and neither did anyone else that used it.

And when they say it's stealthy it is not a joke. I have been hitting this thing in bathrooms where the house is filled with people constantly wondering around, in the backseat of a car with people in the front, walking outside behind people, in parking lots, walking around downtown, at a beach, etc. The point is, in all of these places there were tons of other people. Not once did anybody ever ask us or even look at us, or even look like they were wondering what the hell we were doing. Nobody can tell what you're doing when your "hand" is up to your mouth and if you are taking hits about 10 seconds long or shorter there really isn't any vapor at all. What does come out is easily masked by things such as hairspray or fresh air. :D

The first couple days of using it we were getting maybe 8 hits and the herb was pretty brown. Now I am finding that I can get about 15-16 perfectly timed hits and the herb still has decent amounts of flecks of green. It really is amazing and I can really stretch out a whole trench throughout a single day if I don't want to get absolutely shot out every time I smoke.

The batteries were one of the biggest downsides to the mflb for me before I bought it and even after I was a little worried about always having to carry them around. The thing is though, I love having batteries. Two is a perfect amount for just me using the box. If it was always going to be me and 1 other person I would get 4 but I find two pretty perfect right now.
Even the person I used this with every day went home and than raved about how good they liked it. They have a firefly and talked some junk when I first got this but now are thinking of even selling the firefly because the mflb smoked better, he liked the batteries and even considered getting a finishing grinder for the firefly, to maybe improve it because he liked the fine grind. But I said why not just get this since it's made to fit perfectly. I've come to realize that having to recharge and have your portable out of commission while you do it is very inconvenient. To have a steady rotation of rechargeable batteries that you can grab at any time was the smartest* thing about this box.

Well that's all I can think of for now. Time for breakfast but if I think of more I will update this little review.

*Maybe not the smartest thing but one of!

BoricOxide

Are there any known issues with the power adapter? I'm having a hard time being comfortable with the thought pulling some high DC current out of an AC outlet in my house. Are these things generally considered safe?

OF

Are there any known issues with the power adapter? I'm having a hard time being comfortable with the thought pulling some high DC current out of an AC outlet in my house. Are these things generally considered safe?

As Rude Boy just said, you don't use much power at all. IIRC something like 20 Watts, probably less than the desk lamp? I've run mine on a battery pack a fair bit. Not to worry.

OF

Vapoz

Someone know a case that is air-tight/smell-proof I only need to fit in the MFLB and maybe a battery (not needed)? I think the VapeCase is too much for my needs.

Vapoz,

blazenot

i lost my mf after a couple years of use. have not done any investigating during that time of what else there is. is there anything else in the vape line that's as quick, small, portable??

blazenot,
Reactions: axakal

axakal

i may be wrong, but the quick heat-up in combination with a possibility, to hide it completely in your hand while in use, is yet to be achieved by another units. regarding portability, vampan is pretty tiny too, but not as easy to hit unnoticed. i'm almost completely sure, that other vaporizers out there can't beat the box in all three departments combined. you can add the comparatively low price, the high efficiency, the life long warranty paired with the outstanding customer support to the mix and then the box certainly knows no rivals yet.

Last edited:

axakal

if you don't care for a rectangular shape, i accidendtally found out, that those tightvac containers could be practical. i only have the 0.29l container and it easily fits the box, batteries mouthpiece, brush a baggy with herbs, the standard issue abv container and there is still some room left. you might even try the smaller sizes they offer. they claim to be air tight, smell proof and water resistant. i didn't test the water bit yet, though. it will not fit flat in the back pocket of your jeans, but neither does the vapman egg. :)

Someone know a case that is air-tight/smell-proof I only need to fit in the MFLB and maybe a battery (not needed)? I think the VapeCase is too much for my needs.

MinnBobber

MFLB Water Whip ????

Hi,
anyone have the MFLB water whip and a micrometer/device to measure OD?

I need to know the outer diameter for a custom mouthpiece. I need it for the
correct dimension for the female joint on the mouthpiece.

Thanks
I did search the tubing thread and some retail sites but cannot find it.

mV%20Song%20bubbler.jpg

MinnBobber,

MinnBobber

@caves

looking for the OD of the silicone tubing used in the MFLB water whip.

Without a stem in it, just the OD of the bare tube.
Thanks

It is slightly smaller than Herbie OD which is supposedly 0.35"

I'm guessing 5/16 or 0.312 "

Last edited:
MinnBobber,
Top Bottom