The Lotus Vaporizer

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
With my Lotus on the way, I've been feverishly searching for just the right water tool. I think this may be it, but the top of the 14mm down stem needs to be a bit more above the glass bubble next to it for clearance. The bubble action on this one is AMAZING!
f3gwsm.jpg
That looks like a perfect match, the lotus can milk a big tube like its nothing but for some reason I keep coming back to my smaller bubbler/pieces with the lotus.:mmmm::mmmm:

Johny

Been reading this thread over the past couple weeks so I decided to sign up. I've had my long stem lotus kit for a couple months and this thing is efficient like no other. One thing I do run into is that it irritates/bites my upper mouth and throat. Have you guys run into this before and what technique do you guys use? I've tried slow, fast, and short puff inhales but I run into mouth bite (bowl doesn't combust either so I assume it's not THAT hot). Usually happens when my screen isn't brand spanking new, and I don't feel like changing screen every time. Also, can anyone give me input as to how cool the air is when using the aluminum stem vs a jhook or other glass? Been thinking of buying waterpipe adapter and a small glass piece like a jhook to see if it helps cool the air before it reaches my mouth.

Who here has scorched their lotus? I saw the wood turning dark on one side and open the lotus up. Noticed I charred the wood black, about a third of it (from one screw to the next). I think this happened when I was using a low flame because I would torch the plate too long since it took forever to heat up(and heat transfers to wood for a longer period of time) vs higher flame which heats plate up quick but you only light for a few seconds (which doesn't transfer heat to wood for too long). It would get super hot, even the wood. During one of these sessions where it would get way hot, I accidentally let the lotus cap touch me for a fraction of a second and now I have a scar with the design of the top plate. lol battle scars

Johny,
Reactions: Snappo

natural farmer

Been reading this thread over the past couple weeks so I decided to sign up. I've had my long stem lotus kit for a couple months and this thing is efficient like no other. One thing I do run into is that it irritates/bites my upper mouth and throat. Have you guys run into this before and what technique do you guys use? I've tried slow, fast, and short puff inhales but I run into mouth bite (bowl doesn't combust either so I assume it's not THAT hot). Usually happens when my screen isn't brand spanking new, and I don't feel like changing screen every time. Also, can anyone give me input as to how cool the air is when using the aluminum stem vs a jhook or other glass? Been thinking of buying waterpipe adapter and a small glass piece like a jhook to see if it helps cool the air before it reaches my mouth.

Who here has scorched their lotus? I saw the wood turning dark on one side and open the lotus up. Noticed I charred the wood black, about a third of it (from one screw to the next). I think this happened when I was using a low flame because I would torch the plate too long since it took forever to heat up(and heat transfers to wood for a longer period of time) vs higher flame which heats plate up quick but you only light for a few seconds (which doesn't transfer heat to wood for too long). It would get super hot, even the wood. During one of these sessions where it would get way hot, I accidentally let the lotus cap touch me for a fraction of a second and now I have a scar with the design of the top plate. lol battle scars
Hi Johny! I always had a sensitive throat and it was my big issue with most of my past vapes. The MFLB was a nightmare for me. So was the T1, INH 004 etc. The shortest the vapour path the worst the problem. With the Lotus you get a longish vapour path by default. The j-hook cools the vapour better ime and you can also judge vapour production a bit better, when it's clean, so it helps you not to prolong the draw very much and thus dry and irritate the throat more. As a general rule higher temperatures and prolonged draws are what fucks the throat so try to keep it short and as hot as you can stand. Also, try to keep it to one-two bowls per session by lowering tolerance maybe? A bubbler would be a good idea if you don't mind the little THC that will be lost as condensation on the glass walls (I do...). It could be a small one.
What I do myself though is to keep my hits short. When I begin to feel the heat at the back of my throat I remove the flame and clear the pipe. This usually gives me a very satisfying hit when I also keep my mouth properly moisturised. Prefer something sweet like a fruit juice that makes your saliva thick and sticks better to the back of your throat and protects it. Also make small stops during inhaling to moisturise your tongue and swallow some saliva... Everything helps. You can find a good pattern for yourself I believe.
The Lotus was the gentlest vape to my throat so far cause I can have such good control of the vapour production... That's for sure!

EDIT: I am not sure about the clean or clogged screen, I just guess the clogged screen will have lot of debris below it as well and thus more herb will end up in your throat and irritate it. A water tool or a J-hook with some water in it might be a good idea. Or finer screens, but then you might need more frequent cleaning... :p

And about the charring of the wood, I believe you got it right about the prolonged heating. I have noticed this as well.

EDIT 2: I forgot about he speed of the draw! Slower speed is gentler to the throat as well. With a slow draw you can achieve a big hit even with short heating times due to the open airflow! Very important! Draw hard and the throat dries in no time!

Cheers!

Last edited:

Vapodudule

I found necessary to change my top plate, maybe my mojo for moving a lighter was not helped by a stained and marked plate.

This plate served me very well. I have the chance to have another (VAS precaution) Lotus. I was late to compare but i am back to a fully fonctionning device.

IMO the comparaison is clear, the results are differents from both. I guess that life of the plate is the price of a totally butane light solution of heavy vapor poduction.

Congrats again!

I let you judge by the pictures

EDIT: i realize the marking on the plate could be looked as a tao sign. believers will believe.

PUeYZW4.jpg

BitDIBF.jpg

Last edited:

natural farmer

I found necessary to change my top plate, maybe my mojo for moving a lighter was not help by a stained and marked plate.

This plate served me very well. I have the chance to have another (VAS precaution) Lotus. I was late to compare but i am back to a fully fonctionning device.

IMO the comparaison is clear, the results are differents from both. I guess that life of the plate is the price of a totally butane light solution of heavy vapor poduction.

Congrats again!

I let you judge by the pictures

PUeYZW4.jpg

BitDIBF.jpg

The plate looks very dented, not stained... I wonder how the blue brown patterns on top of the hot plate could affect performance...

natural farmer,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
The MFLB was a nightmare for me.The j-hook cools the vapour better.
Cheers!
I love glass.
SHERLOCK'S I have all kinds.
WOOD may be durable and look pretty however I can't handle the Flavor profile at all.
Metal for air path? (no way)

Can I just buy the water adapter and a bowl?
I don't need the kits for my situation.

With a water pipe this thing must be amazing!

The MFLB many people like it however I never got the hang of it?

Damn I must need to get a better lighter because even my lighter at full doesn't get vapor as quickly as everyone here? Unless of course it's fully warmed up already? Is my lighter flame just weak?

VapeNStone,

CheeseSandwich

got my order today and all I received was the water tool adapter!!! No top cap!!! Not happy with EZvapes at the moment.:mad:

CheeseSandwich,

CheeseSandwich

sorry to hear that!

hang in there, i'm sure they're going to make it right :)

Hoping so, waiting to hear back from them. I am soooo disappointed.:(

edit: Ok so I just talked to Jared at Ezvapes. He tells me that it's discontinued?? so they just refunded the difference - $20 for the water tool adapter. So, I'm thinking any of you guys that did order from EZvapes might wanna check with them. I'm definitly not impressed how they charged me for something they don't even have. Not to mention the fact that they didnt seem to realize this until I inquired. That's what I get for not ordering directly from MT.

Last edited:
CheeseSandwich,

natural farmer

I love glass.
SHERLOCK'S I have all kinds.
WOOD may be durable and look pretty however I can't handle the Flavor profile at all.
Metal for air path? (no way)

Can I just buy the water adapter and a bowl?
I don't need the kits for my situation.

With a water pipe this thing must be amazing!

The MFLB many people like it however I never got the hang of it?

In the Lotus' case, the anodised aluminium stem doesn't leave any flavour signature to the vapour, don't mind that mate! ;)
The alu stem is a must for me due to it's durability...
@CheeseSandwich , sorry for your shipping problems mate... Did you at least got the latest WA version?
@VapeNStone , which lighter do you have? The cheap Honests are more than powerful for the Lotus... As well as the sleeks but their flame is not as tight imo.

natural farmer,
Reactions: Snappo

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
In the Lotus' case, the anodized aluminum stem doesn't leave any flavor signature to the vapor, don't mind that mate! ;)
The alu stem is a must for me due to it's durability...
When I first got my solo I broke a glass stem every week and after spending $200 in stems I bought a wood stem for the durability and it was pretty however the flavor for me was compromised.
Bought $35 worth of EVA floor padding and ordered more glass and in a 1 1/2 years I haven't broke a single glass stem.

Now since I only vaporize at home a Water Adapter and Bowl is all I really need.
To put the LOTUS on a Water Pipe seems to be sensational!

For Dry I think a Glass Sherlock must be delightful!

Haven't tried the aluminum for air path?

I wish I wasn't so picky about flavor!

At least my Medication Area is Padded!

Last edited:

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
I have had my Lotus for about 2 weeks now and wanted to post some thoughts on it :)

I purchased the full kit including the WPA and standard aluminum stem from lotusvaporizers. Shipped extremely fast and everything was in the package except the herbal scoop (I triple checked). Emailed lotus and haven't heard back yet (i will re-email) update: they have reached out to me and it is all sorted out! great customer service, thank you max.

I have mainly used the lotus with my illusion water pipe and the adapter. Its nice to see the milk and it helps me know how much vapor I am taking in. I'll usually milk my tube, then clear it right after. I can get a good 4-7 hits this way. I have found increasing the butane flame height to be the best improvement for quicker hits. Lotus's recommendation is just not enough heat for quick extraction. I found myself sitting there for a while with the flame really close waiting for vapor. You can get really low temp light hits this way, but it's just not how I roll. Then I decided to just turn the sucker up and blasted the plate. BAM! nice vapor! So don't be afraid to use more flame!

I am really liking the lotus so far! It is empowering to know that I don't need electricity to enjoy my herbs. I almost feel like a more simple man when I use the lotus. It makes me want to sell all the worldly objects I have acquired in this lifetime and go travel while enjoying the godly vapor the lotus can produce. But for now, I will await the next power outage and feel safe knowing the lotus has my back.

Pros
-easy to use off grid
-perfect hit and quit setup (doesn't produce vapor while you aren't heating)
-can use small to larger amounts of herbs
-simple to clean with replaceable parts
-love the stirring stick built into the vapor cap
-wonderful vapor density control depending on flame height
-evenly vaporized herbs (after stirring every time)
-durable and trusted materials (though not sure about inhaling heated nickel/aluminum)
-magnet keeps cap on snugly with aluminum stem and WPA

Cons
-butane refilling can get annoying
-lots of residual herbs in stem after a session that stick to sides
-not stealthy by any means, i would only feel comfortable using this out of sight or in the forest somewhere
-plate stays hot right after a session, but does cool quickly

More testing and enjoying! it's priceless to have a lotus. I held off for a long time, but glad I pulled the trigger. Much happier with it over my pax :haw:, and I really wish I had this years ago instead of my mflb. no more batteries! vape on my friends:peace:

Last edited:

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
I ordered these here
https://www.fasttech.com/p/1196000

&
This one as well

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1510603

https://www.fasttech.com/category/2150/lighters
Ill report back and see how they work and how durable they are.

Yo, care to comment on initial impressions?

I know it has only been like a week or two, but I'm interested in picking up a solid back up. Or is the sleek lighter from MT really durable?

edit: Ok so I just talked to Jared at Ezvapes. He tells me that it's discontinued?? so they just refunded the difference - $20 for the water tool adapter. So, I'm thinking any of you guys that did order from EZvapes might wanna check with them. I'm definitly not impressed how they charged me for something they don't even have. Not to mention the fact that they didnt seem to realize this until I inquired. That's what I get for not ordering directly from MT.

:rant: FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Even though they said a shipment is coming in, they actually don't have it coming in?

I'll give them a call on Wed, a little busy until then, but dang this isn't sounding good. I wanted a fat discount... Probably just going to get it from MT if they confirm that there won't be any new stock.

Edit: Too curious, couldn't help myself, I just went on the chat for EZVapes, and asked about the tracking for the new lotus shipment, and they said that it should be there Friday, in which case it would be sent on Friday.

Last edited:
Fenton Mewley,

BLAZING OG

Vaping is a way of life!
Yo, care to comment on initial impressions?

I know it has only been like a week or two, but I'm interested in picking up a solid back up. Or is the sleek lighter from MT really durable?

:rant: FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Even though they said a shipment is coming in, they actually don't have it coming in?

I'll give them a call on Wed, a little busy until then, but dang this isn't sounding good. I wanted a fat discount... Probably just going to get it from MT if they confirm that there won't be any new stock.
Unfortunately, my torches have not arrived yet :cuss::rant::cuss: I know ,I know :bang:
they said on the way, then when a few days went by i realized I had an email stating one of the items was out of stock. Okay ,cool no problem, they also sent me a following email stating that one of the items that was in stock was being shipped while the out of stock was re stocking and would be sent out at a later date. Last I checked both my orders are out now, but the one that left first ,shows stuck in hong Kong post, the other has the electronic label already but no info. Most of my fasttech orders have arrived super fast, so this is a first for me, but I cant complain:clap:
I hope to get them this week (I HOPE), will for sure report back as soon as they get here, my $5 dollar single torch broke , then my $5 dollar double torch is on its way out.:luv::cry::cry::cry:

EDIT
Sorry, I have not tried the MT lighters but I bet they perform better than these crapy ones I got from my LHS.

Last edited:

CheeseSandwich

It didn't sound like it to me? He didn't offer to ship the cap to me at a later date? Just that i could send back the water adapter for full refund or keep it and get the partial refund, so i just said I'd keep it and order the cap from MT. He did say to "call in next time I order for a discount" but I'm not really thinking that I'll make anymore orders.

CheeseSandwich,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker

I called EZV and spoke to Jared. He confirmed that EZV no longer caries the water tool kit, but still carry the pipe kit. Somehow, I think innocently, this one slipped under their nose and went unknown.They are a very good outfit, IMO. Shit happens. Sorry it happened to you CS.

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
I ordered my lotus kit from EZVape and a bottle of butane with it. I got the standard honest lighter. The lighter will not fill. I bled it first and it just shoots liquid all over, getting none in the lighter. I was also supposed to receive a herb scoop and a amber storage jar and did not receive those either. I am pretty disappointed at the moment. I had ordered the WPA too, but contacted them right after ordering asking if they had the new version in stock and they replied saying they didn't and refunded me the amount for that. I also asked them if they had spare screens in stock and that I would like to order those too, they just ignored that part of my email. I got just one screen already on the pipe. Don't know if I will do business with them again. Has anyone else had the same problem with trying to fill the standard lighter? The can of butane I received is NEON brand 5x.
Edit: I also just noticed that my cap has a small chip in the bottom, not a huge deal, but I would like for something to be perfect when I order it new.

Last edited:

WannaVape

I got the standard honest lighter. The lighter will not fill. I bled it first and it just shoots liquid all over, getting none in the lighter....Has anyone else had the same problem with trying to fill the standard lighter? The can of butane I received is NEON brand 5x.
I haven't been able to fill the standard lighter up all the way either, and it often sprays some out. Still working on filling technique

NinjaMindTriks

Ninja Vapor Enthusiast
I haven't been able to fill the standard lighter up all the way either, and it often sprays some out. Still working on filling technique
I cant get the lighter to fill at all. I have tried and tried. Very frustrating.

Edit: Talked to Jared and he is shipping out the jar and a new lighter to me right away. He offered to swap out the whole kit due to the chip on the bottom of the vapor cap, but I can live with it (it's super tiny and barely noticeable). I was informed that the herb scoop no longer comes with the kit, wish they would remove it from the website. But overall I am now satisfied. I will due a proper review on the lotus when I am able to partake again, should be by the end of this month. Initial impressions are that the lotus is beautiful and I am surprised by how light the vapor cap is and how heavy and solid the aluminum pipe is, I got the 6 and a half inch one.

Last edited:

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I pulled the trigger with a coupon code at HighPriorityGlass.com. Also ordered a custom fit (slightly shorter) 32.5 degree angled 14mm male to 14mmm female glass adapter from Mike at OregonGlassBlower, so as to make the torch angle easier on the wrist and not as close to my eyes. The need for the custom adapter is due to the top of the female fitting on the down stem being a tad lower than the top of the glass bowl beside it, and the Lotus cap needs clearance to be above that:
24g3sex.jpg

5dnfp1.jpg

Last edited:

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
I ordered my lotus kit from EZVape and a bottle of butane with it. I got the standard honest lighter. The lighter will not fill. I bled it first and it just shoots liquid all over, getting none in the lighter. I was also supposed to receive a herb scoop and a amber storage jar and did not receive those either. I am pretty disappointed at the moment. I had ordered the WPA too, but contacted them right after ordering asking if they had the new version in stock and they replied saying they didn't and refunded me the amount for that. I also asked them if they had spare screens in stock and that I would like to order those too, they just ignored that part of my email. I got just one screen already on the pipe. Don't know if I will do business with them again. Has anyone else had the same problem with trying to fill the standard lighter? The can of butane I received is NEON brand 5x.
Edit: I also just noticed that my cap has a small chip in the bottom, not a huge deal, but I would like for something to be perfect when I order it new.

Top Bottom