1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lotus Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Max Jitter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. cloudsosmoke

cloudsosmoke Well-Known Member

@Tiny88

..from last week

Incariol and Tiny88 like this.
  2. cgod

cgod Well-Known Member

http://imgur.com/O4k9PcT

Loving the WPA, LOVE IT!!

I cant wait to see what the company has in mind for its next vape (if there even is any plans) but the flavor on this device ..!:love:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Poostuff, grokit, cybrguy and 2 others like this.
  3. Gigsabits53

Gigsabits53 Well-Known Member

I have both caps and have not really noticed a difference as far as smooth hits. I will say that I use the HT cap most of the time, mostly because it's newer and I feel like I can push the heat more on that cap.

I would recommend the j-hook kit. It just fits perfectly with the lotus and you have the advantage of seeing the vapor. I feel like it helps, especially for new users as it does take some torch technique, so being able to see the vapor helps.

The Lotus is an excellent vaporizer and I'm sure you will be impressed. Also, I think it works best through water, either a bubbler or an ashcatcher with that j-hook and you are golden. ;)

Poostuff, cybrguy and Tiny88 like this.
  4. cgod

cgod Well-Known Member

Just want to say if i haven't already how much i really appreciate this vape, i hadn't used it in a while because i had bad VAS and ended up buying the Milaana,Mistvape and most recently Crafty, i normaly also make use of my SBJ more often when it comes to butane vapes because of how quick it is

I recently got the Grasshopper and purchased myself a beautiful water piece, it was the best experience ive had so far with vapes so recently thought id buy the Lotus WPA to try it through water.

Since doing that i haven't looked back, i havent used hardly any of my vaporizers since getting thr Crafty but right now the Lotus is the vape i look foward to using the most and pull out the most!

It is very similar in performance to my Vapolution 3.0 but gives even tastier vape, i have grinded a 0.13 and split it into two halfs and the amount of clouds im producing is crazy, AND the taste lasts the whole way through the session, a 0.1 gets me as high as a .2 does in the Crafty ( but it is through water )

I think this vape deserves much more reviews then it has on the internet, loving my Lotus man!

[9]

lazylathe, grokit, The Beagle and 8 others like this.
  5. Gigsabits53

Very much agree with you @cgod . The taste is incredible, plus the clouds. Great vape!!

lazylathe, The Beagle and Stoned Cold like this.
  6. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

I’ve been saying this for a while now, I saw your photos of it on reddit recently & that’s gotta help.
    The Lotus is the vape that made me a little more active on this forum. I couldn’t believe how underrated this thing was & I had no idea of it's ability to produce those big on demand convection clouds I love.
    It’s great to see more people enjoying it.
    I’m a little sad the standard cap is getting discontinued, I particularly enjoy using that one & I probably should order another before they go.
    Ended up recently ordering the mini bubbler, some spare plates & threw a shirt into the cart because I wanted one & also because I’ve run out of things to buy on the site.

lazylathe, grokit, The Beagle and 3 others like this.
  7. Xelatsok

Xelatsok vapes tobacco modding the vapes

@Poostuff now I want t-shirt too. And you should buy their little spoon then :)

Poostuff and cgod like this.
  8. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

Funny you should say that @Xelatsok I bought their little spoon a while back but it comes flat & of course I broke it when I was bending it into shape :doh:
    I think it was only a dollar & I’d order another but I need a bigger one. I like to load the Lotus with almost the same amount as I put in an ELB or the Sub.

9. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

Welp after looking through the forum I bit the bullet any got the whole kit with WPA just hook and long stem and the up charge lighter. Not messing around. So excited to try this guy out. I have a FF2 and love the taste but the process is too much. My current daily driver is a mighty and if this performs as expected I might have a new king of the vapes. Anyone know how quick they ship directly from the manufacturer?

Also feel free to share any tips

10. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

Happy days lotus shipped. Hoping I'll get it tomorrow or Thursday. Gotta say I've never been more excited to get a vape in my life haha. Maybe because I like fire and vaping and this combines them both. I'll be sure to post when I try it out

11. cgod

cgod Well-Known Member

Your going to love it, got some Critical+ right now in my Lotus whilst i send my Crafty off, the Lotus is treating me veryyyy well until then, that flavor :love:

Poostuff and Gigsabits53 like this.
  12. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

I'm excited as an S&B owner how do you compare the two? I feel like the mighty can be a herb hog so I'm looking forward to the lotus efficiency.

Poostuff likes this.
  13. cgod

cgod Well-Known Member

Lotus .1 through water completely melts my face, and the taste lasts throughout the WHOLE session aslong as you have your torch at the right height, massive clouds and pure mouth watering taste

Poostuff and Gigsabits53 like this.
  14. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

Nice I'm glad I got the WPA attachment. I feel like once I get the technique I'll mostly use it through water. What lighter to you use? I got the upgraded zico lighter. Seems like it's so hit or miss with lighters.

Gigsabits53 likes this.
  15. Gigsabits53

I have been using the Zobon or Zobron torch that they sell on their site, or at least they used to sell it. I really like that torch. Best one I have used, but admittedly a smallish sample size. I think I have 4-5 torch lighters and the Zobon is the best one of the bunch.

Also, great choice with the WPA. The Lotus through water is incredible, huge clouds and excellent flavor! Hope you enjoy it. You may take a few tries to get the torch right, but once you get the hang of it, the vape is hard to put down. It's really fun to use.

Poostuff and Squiby like this.
  16. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

Ya im excited and looking forward to the learning experience. Im confident after watching every video on the internet haha. I dont mind the small size lighter though i dont want a flame thrower thrower size ya know haha. Anyways thanks for the advice...cheers

Gigsabits53 likes this.
  17. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

Not messing around grabbed two ozs of some cherry kush, Mr nice guy, and Skywalker. My lotus gets here Friday. And now we play the waiting game.

What are anyone's thoughts on the aluminum stem. I hear the vapor is super cool but can be hard to gauge. I plan on learning with the j stem then trying the water pipe. Then once I get the technique down the stem. Can't wait to join everyone in lotus land!

Poostuff and Tiny88 like this.
  18. Gray Area

Gray Area Well-Known Member

I actually find I get much better feedback (heat in the mouth rather than seeing the vapour) with the aluminium stem over a j hook. Find it much easier to gauge personally :tup:

19. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

Good news my lotus should be arriving early today instead of tomorrow. Feel like a kid on Christmas waiting for this damn thing. Guess maybe I'll hit the mighty one more time haha.

Poostuff, Gigsabits53 and Tiny88 like this.
  20. colgorkan

colgorkan Well-Known Member

Pace yourself... I rarely use my wpa any more and usually just opt for either a shorty or long stem. Broke my j-hook a few months in and never bothered replacing it. The visual vapor production was nice at first but I prefer the instant, low volume feedback and nimble "feel" of the aluminum, kind of like driving a high performance stick vs a luxury automatic.

Good choice on the lighter, it is a perfect match for the Lotus and the standard (honest) lighters included are also a good choice for out and about. Many of the torches you see around at retail shops end up being cheap junk. Good lighters and butane will improve your experience and are worth sourcing.

Poostuff and Gray Area like this.
  21. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

How would you rate the quality of the vapors? How smooth are the vapors?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  22. NinjaMindTriks

NinjaMindTriks Ninja Vapor Enthusiast

The lotus has some of the smoothest vapor out there. It is a very under rated vape. I can get huge, massive hits and be shocked because of how smooth it is.

23. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

[​IMG]

Welp here she is in all her glory. This lovely lady definitely lives up to the hype. Lets see I've used the mighty, the pax 2, FF2, Linx Gaia, davinci ascent and this beats em all. First hit managed to get some nice tasty vapor, I was a little cautious with the flame. Second hit screw it lets put it to the test. It heated up red and it was straight milk city. Smooth cool vapor though through the jhook. Glass def makes the learning curve easy. I have not tried the stem yet. Couldn't believe after my 2nd hit i figured itd be kicked. Low and behold I open it and its still green as grass. I cant stress efficiency enough here. My all time favorite thing to do though is load a fresh bowl and just wipe it in one hit. You can feel a wave wash over you from you heads to your toes. Something about the hands on experience and definitely delightful. A+ product. Welp okay time to do more "testing" i can barely see haha

PS really liking the sleek lighter so far as well refilled it with good vector butane and working like a champ now, heats so much better than the stock butane. Anyways cheers all catch you in lotus land and thanks for all the good info best purchase ever

Modnote: Edited to display image

http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2017
    grokit, The Beagle, Poostuff and 6 others like this.
  24. scion34

scion34 Well-Known Member

Happy to hear your enjoying it @rvp5032 ! The lotus really is an amazing vape, I always tend to reach for it before any other portable unless I’m leaving the house, it’s hard to beat that flavor and output!

I’d just recommend not getting your cap red hot! It’s not needed... Your gonna tarnish and degrade your cap even quicker by making it glow.. keep that flame moving quick and a moderate draw after your heat up and you’ll be golden

25. rvp5032

rvp5032 Member

Ya Ill prob only use my other vape on the go and in a group but this thing is nice. Def the closest to smoking but smooth. I can't remember the last time I was this high.

Ya I agree I was honestly just trying to find the combustion point but with the newest cap you'd really have to touch it. I find success with a bouncing lighter technique. Just up and down off the center of the plate hitting the inner flame on the furthest point down. Spinning the cap also is a nice trick. I find when you do this you don't have to move the lighter.

Gigsabits53 likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors