1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lotus Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Max Jitter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. VisiblyVaped

VisiblyVaped Well-Known Member

Holy shit. Holy shit. Holy shit.

Why the fuck does this vape feel like it's almost under the radar in comparison to some companies, yet hits SO MUCH HARDER.
    Learning curve? Not after a flip brick.
    First session amazing.

Poostuff, grokit, cybrguy and 9 others like this.
  2. scion34

scion34 Active Member

I feel the same way, highly underrated. The lotus delivers, every time. I find the taste better than most others I own as well, it's hard to dethrone.

3. colgorkan

colgorkan Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, Im a bit envious to be honest. I have yet to buy another vape since I started buying Lotii.

The latest fun thing to do is a bit of nice gorilla glue flower saturated with some nice gorilla glue "terp sauce" with 10% terps. Fantastic.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  4. VisiblyVaped

I got rid of all but one battery/desktop vape recently.
    So this week alone I've received an og Omni vapcap, a hi temp lotus kit, and a hydro brick maxx arrives Friday. I only paid for one (with money from one sale) and traded for the rest.

My VAS is definitely in remission for right now, and I'm loving this Lotus in water. Haven't tried the stem yet, I tried the J hook but I personally don't like much in a j hook.

This was decent enough but not great.
    Neither is my flip or my nano, love both of those, so I'm guessing it's the glass.

Seriously. People should all own this vape
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  5. scion34

scion34 Active Member

Try doing a back and forth U quickly over the dimple in the center for a different technique than in the pamphlet @VisiblyVaped - works a lot better for myself in getting consistent even roasting with no charring

grokit and VisiblyVaped like this.
  6. Gigsabits53

Gigsabits53 Well-Known Member

Happy to hear you are enjoying the Lotus @VisiblyVaped !! I agree, this vape flies under the radar. Enjoy! :)

Stoned Cold likes this.
  7. VisiblyVaped

@Gigsabits53
    I am shocked and in awe of this magnificent piece of simplicity.
    I just hope the hi temp caps hold up well over time?

I don't really get it red hot and I move the flame, I'm getting great rips with no combustion..... It actually does micro dose in my opinion as well.

Anyone ever had a durability issue or no??

scion34 and Gigsabits53 like this.
  8. Gigsabits53

I have a regular cap that is going on a year now with no issues. I think it's pretty durable. I have not used my regular cap as much since I bought the high temp cap but it will still give me good rips. The high temp cap is just ridiculous good in my opinion. Truly an amazing vape experience!

Poostuff and grokit like this.
  9. VisiblyVaped

I worry that eventually the excess heat from concentrates will have an effect but I am careful and isn't that essentially what it's made for?

10. scion34

scion34 Active Member

I believe the nickel heat plate is considered a consumable item, however they do last a long time - I believe most people get 1-3 years - eventually a hole will form and the plate will be done. You can get replacements for around 10-12$ whenever they go on sale a few times a year, easy enough to replace too. Ya shouldn't be getting the cap anywhere near red hot either, gotta keep that flame moving quickly

Poostuff, grokit and Gigsabits53 like this.
  11. Gigsabits53

Yes I believe that was the original intent. I use it with flower all the time though. I tend to use my e-nail rig when I get concentrates.

Poostuff, grokit and scion34 like this.
  12. almost there

almost there Well-Known Member

I made the terrible mistake of reading the last 75 pages of this thread and now my VAS is barely contained , please let there be a sale soon:bowdown:. I did all these mock ordering exercises and tried different imaginary combos. In my mind I will get the WPA and A/C j hook setup, any tips if a 45 or 90 degrees joint is better with the A/C? Most important consideration is that it can stand on it's own without tipping over once the j hook in attached. Should I get all the different screens(cap and 5 pack)?

Poostuff, grokit and RUDE BOY like this.
  13. Gigsabits53

I use a 90 degree AC with a j-hook. With mine, I have to separate the AC from the j-hook when I set it down. It's sort of a minor nuisance for me, although I can see where it would bother some people. I usually like to order xtra screens and other essentials when I buy a vape but one screen should last a long time. Its always nice to have backups.

Poostuff, grokit and almost there like this.
  14. Max Jitter

Max Jitter Manufacturer Manufacturer

We sell an A/C on the website that has a 45 degree joint that puts the J hook at the correct angle (mouthpiece above the cap). Unfortunately it cannot stand up on its own. I've created a little kick-stand for it but have no plans to make them in quantity.
    [​IMG]

Bizkat, Poostuff, grokit and 5 others like this.
  15. almost there

so I was doing my mock order....again:cry:....and this time.....:uhoh:.......I didn't pull back.......:shrug:......it was very thrilling being bad:evil:. Ha, very excited, can't wait to begin my experiments. Now it's time to do my mock order of my setup............:uhoh:..........I really shouldn't.......it's really time to take a walk

Edit- I was was in such a hurry to out swift my conscience I believe I ordered the fine screens. I thought that was the preferred one, did I do right?

16. somerandomguy1

somerandomguy1 Active Member

Been using my new Lotus for about a week now. I found that I push the temp too much since i'm used to my vapcap and as a result I have burned my top metal to the point that it has chips in it now :(.

My girlfriend got me it for me as a birthday gift but didn't realize there was a high temp cap vs the regular when I asked for it. I'm looking now and I only see the high temp cap attached to wood for $90!!! That's almost as much as she payed in the first place...

There isn't a way to just buy the metal without the wood attached? I really love white walling my dynavap but seems really hard with the standard cap :(

17. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "burned my top metal to the point that it has chips in it", but you can get a replacement plate for just $15. The plate does get discolored and a little misshapen with use but it still works fine. It only NEEDS to be replaced if it develops holes.
    http://lotusvaporizer.com/hot-plate-kit/
    Here is what mine currently looks like while still working great.
    [​IMG]

Poostuff, Gigsabits53 and Squiby like this.
  18. Max Jitter

You can buy a hot plate kit but from what you said you may have charred the wood frame. We do not warranty the frame against overheating and charring. Try to keep a small red hot spot on the hot plate.
    The high temp cap has a metal ring separating the hot plate from the wood.

On a related note: We are very soon going to stop selling the standard cap. We will replace it with a modified hi temp cap that has a silicone o-ring instead of the metal ring described above. It heats up faster than the hi temp model, maybe faster than the standard cap. It's been tested by some of our resident experts who generally liked it. Most liked it a lot, some couldn't tell the difference.
    It will be priced between the regular cap and the hi temp cap. Uses the standard hot plate.

Poostuff, grokit, RUDE BOY and 5 others like this.
  19. somerandomguy1

somerandomguy1 Active Member

Wow I feel stupid -.- I was at work and saw the "high temp" plates for the kits were black. I saw the replacement plate (silver) and thought it was the standard one. I'll buy that now! I'll take a picture of my lotus cap when I get home. The wood is perfectly fine (not charred or burnt in any way). I think when I first got my lotus I wasn't heating evenly. The "chips" I have in my lid I thought were just scorch marks but when I tried to buff it away, I can FEEL a height difference between the top, and the "chip". When I put my torch the lid, the "chipped" areas glow bright orange when the flame sweeps by but the rest of the lid doesn't react this way.

Anyway it's probably very damaged but still usable. I'll pick up the high temp lid but curious to see the mid tier one as well when it comes out :)

20. AJS

AJS Calm Consistency

Back in my Lotus days I would push the screen near the tip of the bowl and pack just a tiny layer of herb. Having it towards the tip would help provide consistently brown fat rips of micro doses. Lotta fun. I think I was using Arizer Air/Solo screens at the time. I liked em more.

Stoned Cold likes this.
  21. almost there

Damn, talk about bad timing. Just placed my order yesterday and the new cap is getting introduced. Sounds like exactly what I am looking for, a quick heat up and resilience from the wear of heat. Hopefully I can I intercept the order still and wait for this:nod:

22. Max Jitter

Would anyone buy/use a padded hard shell plastic carry case for a J-hook kit or standard pipe kit? We are considering offering them but aren't sure of the interest.

23. KidFated.

KidFated. We Don't Even Live Here..

Yes!

Edit-honestly if it carried only the standard kit, I would probably pass, but the j-hook shape is just awkward enough where it's nice to have something to protect it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  24. Tiny88

Tiny88 Deluxe420

Hey All,

Looking to add The Lotus to my collection; just have a couple of questions for you Lotus vape enthusiasts...

1) Do you find the vapors from the high temp cap smoother than the regular cap? I plan to use flowers mainly.

2) Do you recommend the longer stem?

3) Any other suggestions that I have not considered.

Thanx

Tiny88

@Max Jitter

- Just wondering if you can give a short comparison to the new cap and the hi temp cap.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    The Beagle likes this.
  25. scion34

scion34 Active Member

1.) I have the high-temp, my mother has the regular cap. I haven’t noticed any difference really in actual use, we did combust only once in the standard cap, however. I personally find the high temp cap more aesthetically pleasing, it also has an extra piece inside the cap to help prevent charring the inner wood.

2.) I would either recommend the longer stem, to help cool the vapor and keep the flame farther from your face, or if glass is your thing, their j-hook kit is really nice and probally the smoother of the two.

The only other thing I could suggest is to buy their Jobon lighter, it’s the best lighter I’ve ever purchased. Perfect for the lotus, vapcaps and sticky bricks. I’d highly recommend it after being driven to frustration with 20+ different cheap torches.

Incariol, Bizkat, Poostuff and 5 others like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors