1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lotus Vaporizer

Discussion in 'Portable Vaporizers' started by Max Jitter, Sep 24, 2010.

1. WakeAndVape

WakeAndVape VapeLife X

I recently got a j hook and really like it...but I do favor the long stem slightly

sometimes the front of the j hook gets warm in use, the long stem never seems to

And it gives it a more stable feeling, already broke one j hook

grokit, Poostuff and The Beagle like this.
  2. YungLeaner

YungLeaner Well-Known Member

I think you'll be in love with the simplicity and the clouds from the lotus.

I don't think it's great for microdosing personally, because tiny 1 hit bowls are easier to combust or get thin vapor. The lotus really loves a medium pack of .1-.18

I also think anyone who is using or buying a lotus owes it to themself to have a high-volume piece, ideally one with drag.

The lotus is amazing on small-medium-large beaker bongs from DHgate, as you can get 2 massive rips and kill the bowl quickly, getting high as fuck.

I also highly suggest the high temp cap. It's not absolutely necessary but it is way better, IMO for flower as well because it gives you more safety re: combustion.

grokit, Poostuff, WakeAndVape and 2 others like this.
  3. Gigsabits53

Gigsabits53 Well-Known Member

Yes the high temp cap is fantastic! I use it for flower all the time. You can really push the high temp cap and get some incredibly huge hits. I love it! I rarely use my regular cap anymore.

grokit, Poostuff and Stoned Cold like this.
  4. VisiblyVaped

VisiblyVaped Well-Known Member

I found a site that has it for 100 on sale, but not the kit with the wpa and such. Thevaporstore I believe it is.....

Anyone know of a decent deal for the kit with short stem and wpa?

5. trout_fishing_in_america

trout_fishing_in_america Active Member

I have always (twice) bought directly from this manufacturer- @Max Jitter - lotusvaporizer.com - he makes it so easy for me to support him, and to contribute in a small way to keeping this innovative product on the market, and in return he gives me something I really value.

Sorry for the soap-boxing (my small-business homunculus is intruding on my vaping time) but the website is also easy to use, shipping is fast, Etc etc etc.

But make sure to get the high temp cap, you won't be disappointed. Get the wpa first if you want to save $ and hit it through a water or a jhook until you want to commit to a stem.

6. VisiblyVaped

I originally had it in my cart there but it came to like 170 for a kit with a wpa...

7. YungLeaner

YungLeaner Well-Known Member

I would post a want ad on the classified. I got mine + WPA for 30$ :)

grokit, Poostuff and WakeAndVape like this.
  8. StonerSloth

StonerSloth cui bono?

I think most experienced vapers can probably skip the aluminum stem altogether and just get the WPA.

The Al stem is only worth considering if you plan to use this one out and about or stash it in a backpack or something - but I find my Lotus stays at home most of the time personally.

I'd spend the extra cash on the high temp cap though.

Lotus also does usually participate in the big sale holidays - 4/20 def, but I'm not sure of 7/10 or black friday.

Poostuff and Gigsabits53 like this.
  9. VisiblyVaped

I have a j hook for dry usage too from my flip brick...... Maybe I should just look into lotus w/ wpa

Poostuff and Gigsabits53 like this.
  10. The Beagle

The Beagle Butanist Bubblemaker

I feel the same, a glass j hook is also a great learning tool as it allows you to see the vapor flowing as you heat the cap.
    I bought the aluminum stem to have a portable option but as you said I prefer the Lotus as a home vape.

Poostuff, Gigsabits53 and cybrguy like this.
  11. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

Great seeing all the interest in the Lotus. I put off buying one for a while but when I finally talked myself into buying a standard cap with WPA I ended up regretting waiting so long.
    Few weeks later I bought the high temp & stem & now the only thing I don't have is a T-shirt.
    Everyone likes something different which is great, personally I love using the stem, not all the time but I think it's perfect for the bedside table or just a quickie here & there.
    I doubt many people regret buying one of these & I'm like a lot of people here, this is without a doubt my favourite flame powered vaporiser to use.

grokit, Stoned Cold, cybrguy and 2 others like this.
  12. VisiblyVaped

Now I'm torn between the two in the classifieds. I do sometimes enjoy dry and don't necessarily love the j hook..... And I like wax on herb beds if I don't want to really dab so I do need the high temp cap I guess??

I've been big on vapcaps and flip brick. I'm mostly on demand butane vaping now.

This stacks up??

13. Gigsabits53

@VisiblyVaped I think if you plan on using wax a fair amount I would get the high temp cap. In fact, since I purchased the high temp cap I mostly tell people to just get that. It just lets you push the heat more. I use it for flower all the time and you can get some incredible milky hits with this thing. Just my :2c:, get the high temp cap.

grokit and Stoned Cold like this.
  14. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

IMHO the Lotus was the biggest hitting vape I had prior to getting the Zion. I have called the Zion a battery Lotus. There is no restriction in airflow and once you get it down you have complete control over how big a hit you get. I LOVE my VCs, but the restriction limits airflow and you really need to do mouth pulls. Not so with the Lotus. You can take as big a hit as your lungs can handle, with very little effort. I have not seen a butane powered vape that hit bigger, tho I have not seen/used the Supreme. I have not tried an SB, but I thought Lotus hit better than Daisy and I assume SB is similar.

grokit, Stoned Cold and Gigsabits53 like this.
  15. Gigsabits53

I have the Lotus, Vapcap M, and a Hydrobrick Maxx and the Lotus wins that battle for me if I could only keep one. The others I mentioned are fantastic vapes in their own right. I use my VC a lot because it's really efficient. The Maxx is not so efficient but its a great party vape and you can get some huge hits. I dont let my friends or anyone use my high temp Lotus cap. That is for me and nobody else to use. Is that selfish? lol I dont care if it is. ;)

Stoned Cold and cybrguy like this.
  16. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

The hi-temp cap should be pretty indestructible I would think, but I certainly understand. I don't share my woman either... :rofl:

17. Gigsabits53

My regular cap has a big burn blotch on the wood from a buddy of mine. I leave that cap out for my yahoo friends to use lol.

cybrguy likes this.
  18. VisiblyVaped

It's just that extra money......70 sounded great but I think I need the package that's listed on there....

Though at 140..... Would it even be much more to buy new..????

Dammit

Gigsabits53 likes this.
  19. Gigsabits53

I feel your pain, VAS can be a bitch. I'm holding off on anymore vape purchases the rest of this year. I'm being tested mightily right now with the UD birthday sale. I have been wanting another one for a while. So far I'm holding off the VAS. :)

cybrguy likes this.
  20. VisiblyVaped

I've never even tried a UD....

21. Gigsabits53

You know, maybe that's the vape you should be looking at. :)

22. VisiblyVaped

Ehhhh that's just VAS talking. I prefer on demand, cordless vaping.
    For my desktop, the flowerpot is the end game

grokit, Gigsabits53 and just_the_flu like this.
  23. VisiblyVaped

High temp lotus kit shipping out tomorrow.....

Kind of hoping it makes my other go-to home butane vape take a backseat for a bit. I know my vapcaps/Nanovong will still be daily but if my flip brick could get some rest and be dethroned as my king water took that would be nice.....

cybrguy and Gigsabits53 like this.
  24. Gigsabits53

I will be interested to see what you think. That's a fantastic little vaporizer on the way.:)

Gray Area and cybrguy like this.
  25. VisiblyVaped

It arrives Wednesday. I think I'll like it, I do a lot of wax on herb beds so it should be good for that. I have a j hook it'll pair nicely with and if I REALLY love it..... There is an Ash catcher I'm eyeing...

Gray Area and Gigsabits53 like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors