The Lotus Vaporizer

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ive just tried again, the first two hits after a 5 second heat up is giving me light clouds and tastyness, the third hit im getting no vapor! 2 small thin hits and no more vapor, im trying to get vapor and heating it so much im starting to taste metal, i dont know what im doing wrong

Edit:Come to thinm of it, i got the same metal taste yesterday when the same vapor production problem occured, the taste lingers in the mouth for a while
You should not have/do not want any kind of metallic taste. I assume that you had a very large (too large) red hot spot on the plate.
1 What is the color of the herb after the 2nd hit? If it is dark brown then it's done.
2 If the herb color is still green then I would say to slow down your inhale speed. A full breath should take to the count of 10, which is a very slow inhale.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Hey all. So I got a second-hand Lotus recently, and have been using it quite a bit. Just wanted to stop by and say it has been just fantastic. I have had 0 learning curve with this guy, I just heat the plate until it gets a little red, and then I just move the flame around the center trying to keep the little bit of red moving around. Works perfect that way, every time. Real easy to gauge your hit just by feel, and have been able to extract all the way to dark brown with very little effort.

The flavor with this guy is just off the charts good. Now I get it when people always rave about that aspect. Possibly the tastiest of my butane vapes, but I need to give it a couple more months to make sure it isn't a honeymoon effect.

Bowl is a little large, but works best imo when packed loose about halfway. This makes an average load of maybe .1 or a little less, so a touch less efficient than something like the vapcap, but by no means an herb hog. Definitely requires a bit of stirring to get the most out of a load, but hey, the stirrer is built right into the cap, so I have never had a more convenient time with that aspect. Usually I have some tool that I need to find or keep with the vape. So having it built into the design is perfect.

Overall, this little lady is quick becoming a favorite. Thanks again to @steama for the secondhand pickup and thanks @Max Jitter for making such a fantastic vaporizer. I'll be sure to grab a few extra plates from you pretty soon.

I think I will keep using it for a few more months and come back with a comparison post between the rest of my butane vapes. Cheers though!

cgod

How can you not be combusting with all that heat? Draw slower perhaps......
Asking myself the same question because there is ALOT of heat and its never roasted, mostly light brown mixed with green, this is why im worried, lots of heat but green and brown herb with little cloud, id say i have good technique too, heat it in the middle with the inner flame for a slowcount of five, lift the flame a touch higher and circle around the torch for a ten count, i breath in how i do with the sticky brick and vapcap m when the carbs open, dont know if its me or the plate?

cgod,

Gigsabits53

Asking myself the same question because there is ALOT of heat and its never roasted, mostly light brown mixed with green, this is why im worried, lots of heat but green and brown herb with little cloud, id say i have good technique too, heat it in the middle with the inner flame for a slowcount of five, lift the flame a touch higher and circle around the torch for a ten count, i breath in how i do with the sticky brick and vapcap m when the carbs open, dont know if its me or the plate?

That is very strange. Like others have said, slow down the draw speed and see if that helps.

Gigsabits53,

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Please send it back to us. It sounds like an internal air leak. Which cap model do you have?
Mendocino Therapeutics LLC
PO Box 2799
Ukiah, CA 95482

David and Michael,
Reactions: Other Side

cgod

Please send it back to us. It sounds like an internal air leak. Which cap model do you have?
Mendocino Therapeutics LLC
PO Box 2799
Ukiah, CA 95482

Im in the UK, its going to be a hassle to send it back up to the USA, and then wait to receive it back..its just something i didnt want to do after having used it a handful of times, ordered it less then two weeks ago from Vapefiend.com

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Im in the UK, its going to be a hassle to send it back up to the USA, and then wait to receive it back..its just something i didnt want to do after having used it a handful of times, ordered it less then two weeks ago from Vapefiend.com

Get in touch with Vapefiend and direct them to this thread. They should take care of it for you.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Mine is edgey, I still combust if I don't pay attention. I would never let a newbie ht it.......
Haha this made me laugh and think of a good story. @RastaBuddhaTao paid a visit to my house and I was showing him the ropes with my collection. I like to drop the Lotus on top of my Orbiter sometimes and use a trumpet mouthpiece instead of the whip attachment. I blasted a bowl in one or two pulls, ripping some HUGE clouds and then handed it over to Ryan. He loaded it up and proceeded to hammer that thing. Let out a big rip and went back at it again. Seconds later I see the Orbiter fill up with that tell tail yellow smoke and he nearly coughed up a lung in the process. That glass piece was done for the night and it stunk up the basement. It's something I bust his nuts about on occasion. :lol:

Gigsabits53

I wont let a newbie touch my new cap/bowl. I have never combusted in that one (knock on wood) and thats the way I intend to keep it. I do have another cap/bowl that I will let them use just to get the hang of it. The Lotus takes some time to get right and no way am I letting anyone near my pristine cap/bowl. :)

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
In testing our new vaping machine (like a powered gravity bong), I found a cause for uneven vaping.
N3FyF7T.jpg

Heating works better if the flame is kept to one side of the cap center and moved back and forth like a windshield wiper. That lets the heat flow over the whole center circle of the cap. When the flame is located on the other side of the cap, that one area gets more heat and causes charring below.

cgod

In testing our new vaping machine (like a powered gravity bong), I found a cause for uneven vaping.
N3FyF7T.jpg

Heating works better if the flame is kept to one side of the cap center and moved back and forth like a windshield wiper. That lets the heat flow over the whole center circle of the cap. When the flame is located on the other side of the cap, that one area gets more heat and causes charring below.
Is this about the Lotus? So your saying heat at the bottom of the circle rather then the middle and instead of going around in circles, do an upsidedown U pattern? Sorry if i am WAY OFF i am vaped out of my brains

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Is this about the Lotus? So your saying heat at the bottom of the circle rather then the middle and instead of going around in circles, do an upsidedown U pattern? Sorry if i am WAY OFF i am vaped out of my brains
No, I am saying that if you are right handed and the torch is angled as shown, keep the flame in the right side of the circle only.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
You can't just casually drop something like this on us. :rant: We want details! Anything you can share about this new device?

:peace:
I'll make a video in the next few days. It's really just an in-house machine that I can use to test different Lotus configs and still be able to function. Drive screw and stepper are run by a left over control box.
GVNtHvX.jpg

Poostuff

Please delete
That's very cool it really should have its own account here, I think @vapingmachine is free :)

Poostuff,

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
I'll make a video in the next few days. It's really just an in-house machine that I can use to test different Lotus configs and still be able to function. Drive screw and stepper are run by a left over control box.
GVNtHvX.jpg

:popcorn:

I think they're saying you gotta have the flame angled to heat the middle of the circle, not the outer edge of the plate.

Last edited by a moderator:

cgod

:popcorn:

I think they're saying you gotta have the flame angled to heat the middle of the circle, not the outer edge of the plate.

Okay makes more sense, what about the window wiper comment? Im guessing thats not making a circle motion ?

cgod,

Jambi619

Cannabis Crusader
Same reason. Circling the flame will have 1/4 heating the outer edge if you aren't adjusting the angle as you make your passes. Slight back n forth or U shape motion will just evenly heat the circle.

The main thing, I think, is to keep your flame pointed toward the center of the plate. You could do this in a circle pattern, but it will have to actively adjust the angle making it a bit awkward. The U/back n forth is just a simpler method, methinks.

Top Bottom