The Lotus Vaporizer

Gigsabits53

I vote handle also. It's a nice feature.

As for the Lotus vs the Brick, I have both and I prefer the Lotus for 2 reasons, #1 has been mentioned, the butane intake. I dont know the science of it but it seems like the Lotus would be favorable over the brick if you are at all concerned. The 2nd reason is one of those little things but its a big deal for me. Emptying the bowl in the Lotus is a snap compared to my Brick Maxx.

They are both fun devices to use and I enjoy using them. If I had to pick one, it would be the Lotus.

Enjoy!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I dont know the science of it but it seems like the Lotus would be favorable over the brick if you are at all concerned.
The science is pretty easy. The heat from the butane ignition causes any fumes to rise. The air intake on the Lotus is below the cap, so there is really no way for much if any of the fumes to get in there and enter the vape. With the brick you are pointing the butane flame right into the air intake and pulling all the exhaust of the burn with it through the load and into your lungs. If there are any impurities that don't burn completely or if you see anything other than blue flame the burn may not be complete and you may get some CO or other impurities.
Many people believe that there are no fumes coming out of burning butane, and that is probably true if the butane is completely pure (?) and you never touch the walls of the intake with the flame. Otherwise I am not quite as comfortable with it as they are. But that's just me.
In actual fact the amount of bad stuff is probably very low, but I think I get enough walking down a busy street, I don't need to add any getting high. Again, everyone needs to make their own assessment.

seaofgreens

My Mind Is Free
Depends where you are coming from. When I got a Daisy I was pretty used to flicking a bic lighter over a spoon pipe and inhaling. This is a practice of which most people that combusted weed at some point in their lives are familiar with.

You flick flint right on top of your bowl as you light and you suck the flame into the pipe. A flame that if you hold it under something, leaves soot all over.

So when you go from doing something like that as if it is perfectly normal (which again, to people that smoke/smoked is perfectly normal behavior.) And you run into something pretty much completely analogous... it really scratches that particular itch.

There is no heating a plate or any perceptual pre-heat. It is exactly like flicking a lighter over a bowl and inhaling.

From a vaporists perspective, yep, can see that it isn't viewed as healthy as other options, but to someone looking to kick smoking and have a vaping experience that most closely resembles the combustion pipe experience, the Daisy/Sticky Brick is where it is at, and nowhere else. At the bare minimum, I'm sure we can all agree It is definitely safer than a spoon pipe and a bic lighter.

On topic - The handle would be most contiguous with the look of the rest of the Lotus. The leather wrap probably a better tactile feel though imo.

colgorkan

Nice work on the reverse taper, will be sure to pick one up next time I make an order. Every time I notice a cool little bubbler at a weed store that looks like it would be perfect for the lotus it ends up being a dab rig.

Judging from the photo, I go with the handle. Not a big fan of the look of the coiled wrap, maybe a black leather sleeve with an embossed lotus similar to the little covers you used to sell would strike my eye. Hard to manufacture though I assume.

Bvapst

Really neat to have a FEMELLE WPA . I know someone who will like it.
I'm not fan of the leather thing. if leather, is it somekind of animal leather ?
Anyway even synthetic I don't like. The fact it doesn't mix well with the others materials is another another personal opinion.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Liquid pads are available!! www.lotusvaporizer.com

XY8dKpx.jpg

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Ooooo, those look like a nice size and would obviously fit in my WPA. I have been avoiding concentrates out of respect for my tolerance, but I don't think that is gonna keep me from trying them out. I never see any locally, but I have some away sources these days...

cybrguy,
Reactions: Poostuff

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
That'll be a nice addition to your collection, I find it helps to blow any of those crumbs off the plate before heating. You don't have to but if you don't they tend to just sit on the plate roasting.
I wish I would have known that yesterday...my plate already looks like shit.

But this vape makes me feel like a kung fu master...it was kinda weird getting the hang of due to the operation of my other torch vaporizers, but picked up on it pretty quickly.

I think it will make a fine edition indeed!

Last edited:

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
The hot plate is the same as that mounted in the standard cap and should be considered a consumable as there is no guarantee on it. With flowers it should last a year...
What happens t0 hot plate then?
I just got my high temp Lotus and it bests all the vapes I own, incl. Mighty, CFX, Air, FF2, VGs. I want to get some spares for a long run, please guide me.

Last edited:

Xelatsok

vapes tobacco modding the vapes
What are the advantages of low temp cap over high temp cap, if any?
Which cap reaches temp faster?
Which one retains heat longer?
If you choose to have slow low-temp session having many gentle puffs - which cap you go with?
May someone share an experience of tobacco vaping with Lotus, some tips maybe?

colgorkan

The hot plates get increasingly creased and wrinkled (oilcanned) with the expansion/contraction of repeated use and eventually tend to crack. Not a huge deal and it happens very gradually.

Both caps work well. The original might be a little faster and the high-temp are able to handle continuous flame better without overheating. I do prefer the look of the high-temp slightly as the black makes the lotus flower design element pop. Strangely, I've never really torched the wood on my original caps by my own hand but have seriously blackened both of my high-temp caps within weeks of receiving them. Not sure if it is a design issue related to the flush-mounted retainer ring or increased user error due to increased user degradation. More research is needed.

Poostuff

Please delete
That's a great reply, I'd add that both are full convection so neither retain heat & both stop producing vapour as soon as you stop applying the flame, on saying that the high temp cap seems to retain heat for a fraction of a second.
You can have slow session using gentle puffs with either if you so desire, could be more gentle with the high temp cap as it can take more heat without scorching.
I started with the low temp to try out the Lotus & enjoyed it so much I went & bought the high temp with a bunch of extras & I use them both.

colgorkan

Ha, just had to replace one today. Only the third burnout in two (or is it three) years of almost exclusive lotus use spread over a number of lotii caps. Just to be clear, the caps do need to be replaced once they crack but it happens slowly enough that if you don't have a spare on hand, it's on you.

Virtually instant on/off, 100% convection, totally user controlled vapage in a durable, reliable, portable package made me go all in on the Lotus. I figure it'll serve me well for enough years until the technology advances enough to make a change. I like that it maintains a lot of the rhythm and trappings of old school sparking a bowl alone or with a friend or two. Lastly, if shit does happen 10 miles from the trailhead, I can just use the stem as a pipe.

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Torch came today. I like it very much, so far. Feels good in my hand, seems to heat very well and the button is smooth and doesn't take huge force. Holds a lot of butane. Tool free flame adjustment.

I'll give it a more thorough workout tonight...

Top Bottom