• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

AJS

Calm Consistency
I also feel like a fool calling you a man @Squiby, so apologies for that! I shouldve known reading your posts here for a while now... Anyway THANKS GIRL! Your tips were perfect for getting me going with essentially zero learning curve yesterday

Was getting very even heating and it worked perfectly for a nice organic temp stepping session as I honed technique with each hit across 3 bowls I think it was. I can see now why this has been such a popular analog vape for so long, very impressive simple effective design, well done @Max Jitter!

Love how even it exacts, the way it works just like a bowl with the torch, built in stirrer, so easy and convenient. Also digging the bowl size, perfect for small or large loads, and uses the same half inch screens I have plenty of from Lily. In fact, the 14mm size led me to this:

LU145N5.jpg

This Frankenvape allowed me to try Lotus dry (fantastic taste btw) through a wooden vapor path and worked perfectly. There's a little room beneath it even to load a small Lily bowl so you could double up infusing the second bowl with vapor from the first (will try this some day)...

This is how I used it for the most part though, a perfect fit for this inline honeycomb bubbler from Kathy on dhgate:

a0iKuTb.jpg

Very smooth airflow here for any draw rate, I'll try other glass pieces eventually, and whatever else I can think of (maybe even through the Daisy body?) But yeah so already Lotus is a keeper for me, very fun, very effective, very simple. Nice to finally see what all the fuss was about, don't know what took me so long really

@Alexis I saw you decided on VapCap, can't go wrong there, but I will say they are very very different beasts. Lotus is more pure convection while VC is a hybrid (plenty of conduction depending how you heat), Lotus you heat while inhaling so more pipe like, especially with the wpa it really is just a vapor bowl for any 14mm bong or bubbler. Lotus is capable of a much larger bowl and actually seemed to hit smoother to me, but both will depend on temps and vapor path length ofcourse. I also actually had less learning curve with Lotus apparently, did not see that coming at all, but it is a very subjective area ofcourse (could have to do with my prior VapCap experience, as well as Daisy/Lily/Brick). Good luck with your journey, there are a lot of other great vapes with great threads here, PM me if you'd like some more direct comparison info on these or any others (so not to go off topic here, gotta keep thread discussion centered around that vape)

Woooo! Wasn't sure how you'd take to this vape, but I'm glad to see you're taking to it like I did. Not at all opposed to getting another one someday. It's a good feeling knowing the vape is still with someone and not just gone. Idk, it's almost a comforting feeling, like passing something down to your child, hahaha.

Lotus has a special place in my heart because it converted a combusters who just couldn't quite make the swap to vaping. He used my Nano, LSV, arizer air ... Just couldn't switch. He LOVED the effects of vaping tho but felt a few things about it limited him (combusting friends, cords, heat up times, RITUALS...that's a big one for combusters.)

Showed him the Lotus the day I got it, and within 2 days he texted all his friends saying he'll no longer combust with them, and purchased the Lotus a few days later on his pay day. He bought my bubbler which I purchased from a friend, and I get pics every now and then of his Lotus on my bubbler and it's just such a great feeling. Haven't done anything nice in a while, maybe I'll secretly gift him a J Hook :)

Anyway, seriously happy you're enjoying it, and even if it's not your driver, it's an amazing piece to have. And not a single vape out there decorates a water pipe nearly as well imo (log comes close).

...and that easy as hell to use WPA, amirite @ataxian ?? Best in the game!!

Alexis

I also feel like a fool calling you a man @Squiby, so apologies for that! I shouldve known reading your posts here for a while now... Anyway THANKS GIRL! Your tips were perfect for getting me going with essentially zero learning curve yesterday

Was getting very even heating and it worked perfectly for a nice organic temp stepping session as I honed technique with each hit across 3 bowls I think it was. I can see now why this has been such a popular analog vape for so long, very impressive simple effective design, well done @Max Jitter!

Love how even it exacts, the way it works just like a bowl with the torch, built in stirrer, so easy and convenient. Also digging the bowl size, perfect for small or large loads, and uses the same half inch screens I have plenty of from Lily. In fact, the 14mm size led me to this:

LU145N5.jpg

This Frankenvape allowed me to try Lotus dry (fantastic taste btw) through a wooden vapor path and worked perfectly. There's a little room beneath it even to load a small Lily bowl so you could double up infusing the second bowl with vapor from the first (will try this some day)...

This is how I used it for the most part though, a perfect fit for this inline honeycomb bubbler from Kathy on dhgate:

a0iKuTb.jpg

Very smooth airflow here for any draw rate, I'll try other glass pieces eventually, and whatever else I can think of (maybe even through the Daisy body?) But yeah so already Lotus is a keeper for me, very fun, very effective, very simple. Nice to finally see what all the fuss was about, don't know what took me so long really

@Alexis I saw you decided on VapCap, can't go wrong there, but I will say they are very very different beasts. Lotus is more pure convection while VC is a hybrid (plenty of conduction depending how you heat), Lotus you heat while inhaling so more pipe like, especially with the wpa it really is just a vapor bowl for any 14mm bong or bubbler. Lotus is capable of a much larger bowl and actually seemed to hit smoother to me, but both will depend on temps and vapor path length ofcourse. I also actually had less learning curve with Lotus apparently, did not see that coming at all, but it is a very subjective area ofcourse (could have to do with my prior VapCap experience, as well as Daisy/Lily/Brick). Good luck with your journey, there are a lot of other great vapes with great threads here, PM me if you'd like some more direct comparison info on these or any others (so not to go off topic here, gotta keep thread discussion centered around that vape)
Hi and thanks for offering your perspective. I am still very intigued by the lotus, I did have my heart set on it originally. I have in my hands now the vapcap OG and omnivap which I cant try for at least a week while I finish a course of homeopathy.

A big part of me would like an expanded collection of vapes as I have for years been a one vape man only, and now realise that having a variety is the key, and not necedsarily a case of one being better than another.

In time I would love to also acquire a lotus, and the brick also looks great. Just need finance first and no rush, but I certainly may well hit you up for some further comparison after you have had more time I really appreciate your willinngness to advise. Enjoy your lotus!

Gigsabits53

Hi guys and gals, so I have had my Lotus for about a month now and I absolutely love it! I definitely have the feel for how to use it now and it's a wonderful device.

I think this may have been touched on earlier but I have noticed that the 1st hit is absolutely exquisite. The 2nd hit usually has sort of an ash taste to it. I know I'm not combusting but it just seems weird that the 1st hit is so tasty and the next hit--not so much.

Anyway, I love using this thing. Even after I got my Underdog I still can't put away the Lotus (not that anyone would want to). I use it every day and I don't see that changing even with my HydroBrick Maxx in the mail.

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
Heyheyhey

Just got a lightly used Lotus from a member here so I can finally add this to my collection after having it sit on the wishlist so long (got close several times, but had went VapCap bc of the clicking feedback after being trained on Daisy butane wise). It's just the wpa and I have no j hook yet so will be through water or empty bubbler for starters... Can't try it til tomorrow really though unfortunately, if even then

Anyway anyone have some quick basic tips to get me started? Saw the nice ones from @mrbonsai420 listed above. What about how long to torch, flame size, and how to aim? I've got a little honest, a metal zico, and a power torch, along with a triple and a quad flame from VapCap (are those no good though?)

I'm just happy to be here finally! :D

Good to see you in Lotus thread as well dude! This little beast is definitely worth the try.. the flavor is its strong part..using both hands is probably the most "annoying" thing as with all butane powered vapes. Stealthiness can be achieved with the alu stem..Great for outdoor use as well!!
Nevertheless, your bubbler's setup is one of a kind and the taste that the glass gives you is probably the best vape taste I've tasted in my "short vape life" so far.
Lighter is probably the part that you don't want to have any trouble. I've found out that eagle torches tend to be good. Honest as well. Normal cap I'd dare to say that works better, especially if you don't intend to use any solid with it. Less time to heat up the cap, quicker tokes! Although I've upgraded to HT cap, I'd rather have gotten the normal one again (old one died respectfully in battle).
Anyway, I hope that the Lotus stays in your collection and frequent use!! Cheers the caps! :D

My Lotus cap is a high temp, but it think the same rules likely apply.

Use a single jet lighter. Adjust the centre blue flame of your lighter to be long enough to span the length between two points of the Lotus flower plate. Fill your bowl and put on the cap. Apply heat the the centre of the cap for 3-4 seconds. Then, bring the stem to your mouth and as you begin to toke, continue heating while tracing small circles on the centre of the cap.

Between tokes, remove the cap and use the attached stir stick to stir your bowl. Rinse and repeat.

Excellent tips and approach gir! :)
Out of curiosity, how do you torch your ht-cap? Do you have it red-heated in shorter period firing it or longer with less heat applied on the cap?
I've found that with the ht-cap you can apply extra torch power without any further problems with the herb colour etc. Otherwise, if you heat the cap longer then it gets really really hot.. Is there any other better and more efficient way than this one?

Squiby

Out of curiosity, how do you torch your ht-cap? Do you have it red-heated in shorter period firing it or longer with less heat applied on the cap?
I've found that with the ht-cap you can apply extra torch power without any further problems with the herb colour etc. Otherwise, if you heat the cap longer then it gets really really hot.. Is there any other better and more efficient way than this one?

I only have the high temp cap and have not tried the regular cap so my experience is in that context.

I heat the center of the cap till it is red hot. It only takes a few seconds. From there I begin circling the center dot on the the cap as I lift the Lotus to my lips and begin toking.

I never use a long flame so I probably heat less agressively than if you used a longer hotter flame.

It was someone on this thread that taught me this technique. I can't remember who but it was much appreciated as it works well. After you play around with it a bit you will get a sense of how far you can push it before risking combustion.

Paperback Writer

Im a Rastaman not a Dreadlock
If you haven't bought one of these bad boys yet, do so with that 15% off. Love mine, been using for about two years daily and it has never let me down. So simple to fine tune they type of effects you want, light to heavy. Tasty cool vapor with the black stem! Fantastic to have one of these your arsenal, it is very versatile, travels well, and extremely low maintenance

Question for everyone here. I've had my lotus for roughly 1 year and I love it. I vape on the go quite often and have to sacrifice taste for my pax2 portability. Is anyone using the lotus on the go and how are you doing so. I would love to be able to pocket everything and use it out and about. Anyone have custom stem ideas or can tell me is the short stem small enough to pocket. I only have J Hook and WPA. Any help or pics would be great. Thanks all

boon

Question for everyone here. I've had my lotus for roughly 1 year and I love it. I vape on the go quite often and have to sacrifice taste for my pax2 portability. Is anyone using the lotus on the go and how are you doing so. I would love to be able to pocket everything and use it out and about. Anyone have custom stem ideas or can tell me is the short stem small enough to pocket. I only have J Hook and WPA. Any help or pics would be great. Thanks all
You make me think at this post
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/the-lotus-vaporizer.2595/page-255#post-956194

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
... are you planning on releasing coloured caps again?

... i'm only curious because i gave my normal cap to a buddy and looking to replace it. (cant live with out a lotus)
I have my HighTemp Cap for the mean time, but if coloured ones are being released in the near future i may wait for one since i missed out... Should bring back the turquoise :ko:

just_the_flu,
Reactions: grokit

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
... are you planning on releasing coloured caps again?

... i'm only curious because i gave my normal cap to a buddy and looking to replace it. (cant live with out a lotus)
I have my HighTemp Cap for the mean time, but if coloured ones are being released in the near future i may wait for one since i missed out... Should bring back the turquoise :ko:
We have a very small number of black and turquoise caps available, but only in the standard cap style. You will have to leave a note with your order since this is outside the bounds of our usual products and only available to FC forum members.

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time
We have a very small number of black and turquoise caps available, but only in the standard cap style. You will have to leave a note with your order since this is outside the bounds of our usual products and only available to FC forum members.

... :tup: you da man Max!!

:bowdown: so many thank yous!!!

edit: just placed my order!
thanks again for the great service!

togepi258

Aww dang. Missed out on the sale. Was going to buy this, but think I might wait , in case there's a November sale.

togepi258,

psyshaman

Vapor Viking
Just thought I'd stop in and say that after years of VAS I took an extended break from FC. (Roughly 2 years)
During that time the original Lotus and WPA was my daily driver until it died of natural causes after years of heavy usage.

I fell back into the clutches of combustion for a year (obscenely silly considering my vape collection) then
I purchased a new version of the Lotus, WPA the regular and high temp caps.
Seamless transition back to vapor with clouds a plenty.

Great job with the latest version, I didn't think it could get much better than the original.
It fulfilled all my combustion rituals and delivered such thick tasty hits on demand.
But the improvements to the WPA are amazing and the new caps are so refined compared to the OG version.

It's good to be back.

SingedFringe

@Alexis. The perfect vape is the lotus high temp with WPA and the D020-t bubbler, and the 18 to 14 female adaptor. I used to use the j hook but i found that the heat can affect my throat a bit too much (even with a bit of water in the j hook) With the j hook its very difficult to combust since you are sucking a lot of heat from the wpa. i could easily do 4 heat cycles with the j hook. With the D020-t i find that i only need 2 heat cycles and it taste better and i get no irritation with my throat. I think less heat is transferred from the wpa when using the d020-t bubbler compared to the j hook, hence why you only need 2 heat cycles. With the j hook i was heating for 4 second, then sucking for about 6 second. with the d020-t i suck immediately and vapour appears in 2-3 seconds. its easy to combust if you heat for too long, but as soon as i see vapour in the d020 i wait a few secs then stop heating.Once you try this a few time its very difficult to combust. 1/2 to 3/4 full bowl, 2 heat cycles, (stir wpa between each cycle), water just covers the bubbler, watch the vapour enter d020.

I'm not keen on the vapcap, taste is not good and very hard draw, maybe ok if out and about.

I'm wondering now is there a better bubbler / bong for the lotus than the d020, im clueless about glass ware.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
@Alexis. The perfect vape is the lotus high temp with WPA and the D020-t bubbler, and the 18 to 14 female adaptor. I used to use the j hook but i found that the heat can affect my throat a bit too much (even with a bit of water in the j hook) With the j hook its very difficult to combust since you are sucking a lot of heat from the wpa. i could easily do 4 heat cycles with the j hook. With the D020-t i find that i only need 2 heat cycles and it taste better and i get no irritation with my throat. I think less heat is transferred from the wpa when using the d020-t bubbler compared to the j hook, hence why you only need 2 heat cycles. With the j hook i was heating for 4 second, then sucking for about 6 second. with the d020-t i suck immediately and vapour appears in 2-3 seconds. its easy to combust if you heat for too long, but as soon as i see vapour in the d020 i wait a few secs then stop heating.Once you try this a few time its very difficult to combust. 1/2 to 3/4 full bowl, 2 heat cycles, (stir wpa between each cycle), water just covers the bubbler, watch the vapour enter d020.

I'm not keen on the vapcap, taste is not good and very hard draw, maybe ok if out and about.

I'm wondering now is there a better bubbler / bong for the lotus than the d020, im clueless about glass ware.

I actually used to have the D020-T too, it was even my first China glass, but I sold it when I got this instead (it is the one pictured on the previous page with my own Lotus):

http://m.dhgate.com/product/honey-comb-and-in-line-percolator-glass-bubbler/183730847.html#pd-019

The honeycomb diffuses better than the ratchet gear perc (they called it honeycomb too on the T but it's clearly not) and pulls much much smoother (I felt like the T was a bit chuggy), even moreso due to the inline below the honeycomb. It has the smoothest pull I've ever experienced in a bubbler and works great for pure convection vaping, even conduction too, and anything in between. The added diffusion doesn't kill flavor either, so all around its one of the best bubblers available in my experience

colgorkan

I meant to reply to this but it slipped my mind. I am a hiker/trailrunner and have used the underwhelming Pax2 and it is not even in the same league. They are stealthy for sure but being a Washington State resident I'm not willing to forgo the taste and power of the Lotus for stealth.

I have both stems and prefer the shorty for out and about. I have thought of rigging something up with a smaller/lighter stem or make one for using with the wpa but the shorty stem is such a robust and elegant design that I never get around to it.

The first thing you'll want to do is install a debris screen in your cap to keep the goodies from gettin' all up in there. Make your own or order from the mfgr.

A couple years ago I got this little waist-pack from the Borg and after hand stitching up both ends of the zipper a bit to keep it from failing I have put at least a couple thousand trail miles on it. It holds a short stem, an Honest or similar sized lighter and a bit of flower. It is small and most people don't even know I have it on or they assume it is just keys and such. Being a bit of a gear whore, I've since purchased several similar minimalist running designed waistpacks but prefer the cheapo wally world version the best unless I'm also carrying my phone. At the price point of $8 I already have a spare for when the elastic inevitably gives out.

If I am out and not using a pack I find that the cap pouch that the manufacturer sells works well to protect the delicate hot plate from damage and keep the cap from being jostled loose from the stem and dumping your payload. I personally glued in a 2" diameter 0.032" aluminum disk to the inside of the leather pouch giving additional protection for the hot plate. This allows me to just slip the Lotus into a jeans pocket without worrying that I'll crush the hot plate. At first glance it just looks like I have a black pen or something similar in my pocket.

colgorkan,

SingedFringe

Anyone tried rosin with the lotus (d020 bong with wpa) ?. do i just scrape a bit onto the metal mesh screen ?. How many heat cycles ?. (usually i get 2 heat cycles with herb). will i then need to drop a new mesh screen into the wpa if i want some fresh hits. Is a very small amount of rosin equivalent to a 1/2 to 3/4 packed herb bowl. I'm hoping its not a case of once i try rosin the effect of herb will be weaker. Rosin harder to get where i live.

SingedFringe,

Gigsabits53

Anyone tried rosin with the lotus (d020 bong with wpa) ?. do i just scrape a bit onto the metal mesh screen ?. How many heat cycles ?. (usually i get 2 heat cycles with herb). will i then need to drop a new mesh screen into the wpa if i want some fresh hits. Is a very small amount of rosin equivalent to a 1/2 to 3/4 packed herb bowl. I'm hoping its not a case of once i try rosin the effect of herb will be weaker. Rosin harder to get where i live.
I think I would rather use the resin in a rig. If you dont have a nail I think you could use the Lotus. I would probably sandwich it between some herb in the Lotus.

Top Bottom