The Lotus Vaporizer

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
ps: signature's just killing me!! HAHAHA nice one!

Vapor > Yogurt

@The Beagle Do they fit in there snug or would they fall out from taping out a finished bowl?

It falls out from the WPA if you tap it, it should be just a hair larger to fit in snug but I think is better the way it is because being quite thin (1mm or less) it could break if you had to make some leverage to pry it out.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
It falls out from the WPA if you tap it, it should be just a hair larger to fit in snug but I think is better the way it is because being quite thin (1mm or less) it could break if you had to make some leverage to pry it out.

Perhaps theres a retainer ring available that could fit.

Pretty much just like the Vapcap Ti Bowl.

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Perhaps theres a retainer ring available that could fit.

Pretty much just like the Vapcap Ti Bowl.

Honestly I have no problem with it falling out the bowl, you would need to poke it out anyway to clean it so I can't see te point of having a snug fit.

Also, I was taking some pics with my macro lens on and did a Lotus portrait:

ZL7ivJy.jpg

Havoc

Hi everybody!
So I've just received my Lotus from Vapefiend, and I have something to ask you:
I ordered the standard cap and received the black cap instead. I intend to vape flowers essentially. Would it be better to get it exchanged or to keep it?

Cheers!

Gray Area

Hi everybody!
So I've just received my Lotus from Vapefiend, and I have something to ask you:
I ordered the standard cap and received the black cap instead. I intend to vape flowers essentially. Would it be better to get it exchanged or to keep it?

Cheers!

You sure you haven't just received a standard black cap..?
What part actually is black... The wood or the metal edge/border around the actual plate...

If you've been lucky enough to get a high temp cap for the price of a standard (I think they're about £15 more?) I'd keep it. It'll do flowers just as well, but be a bit more robust and probably last longer... Having said that, my original plate (with grooves) is still going strong and I do quite a bit of hash in it :tup:

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
I would agree with @Gray Area if you've been lucky (which I doubt that vapefiend would make such a mistake) just keep it.
My normal cap exists in history almost half year now and Im only using the HT for flowers mainly. It's a matter of getting used to it basically and given the fact that the wooden "plate" will last longer like that, that's why I chose to swap my normal to the HT one.
I used to vape some solid with my normal cap as well, until I opened it up and realised how much I had messed with it.. Worth every single hit of her tho.... :science::science:

Eyedunno

I haven't been on FC for a while, but just popped in, and I will say that I have both caps and both stems, and I far prefer the black cap and the short stem. The black cap works just as well, if not better, for flower, plus it's a better design overall, looks nicer, and is harder to accidentally burn yourself on due to the ceramic coating and countersunk ring. So yeah, you got lucky.

bounce5

@Max Jitter some months ago a friend gave me some glass and ceramic screens from a cheap vape pen (a charring pen to speak the truth) he had and yesterday night I wondered if any of them would fit the Lotus WPA.
Surprise:

wO8RgEv.jpg

h7HGs6p.jpg

I think it could be a great accessory to the Lotus as it could virtually last a lifetime and it can be cleaned like new in five seconds just torching it.

I also made another video, this time with my lab flask bubbler and an ash catcher:

Great idea. Where could I order one of those screens?

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
Great idea. Where could I order one of those screens?

No idea, as I wrote a friend gave it to me and it was an accessory for a vape pen called mCig. I haven't been able to find the same one online and the generic ceramic screens I found are the wrong size.

The Beagle,
Reactions: bounce5

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
We have upgraded the Lotus Black Cap so it runs hotter. This spacer is half the width of the former spacer, absorbs less heat from the hot plate and transfers less heat to the wood frame.
nNhXt3MBD77ta_MRZrYE5LL8D3Ae5dzzMUYBDv3qess

r_aEsN_NXaRL3xZ00UDIWcrhOQqGTchR_CNv0EqCb88

The spacer is fully interchangeable with the older one shown.
Hey Max, those images from dropbox aren't working here. You'll need to upload them to an image hosting site, or maybe tweak dropbox settings.:shrug:
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/how-to-post-pictures.155/

:peace:

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Cool, looks easier to insert / remove too. My current one is super stuck lol I can't get it out. Are these available anywhere that accepts paypal?

hotmeals,

hotmeals

Serial vapist
Oh man, the kief rips outta this thing! Creeps up on you a little bit. This vape is so fun to use through water, it feels like I'm snake charming or something when I pull the torch back and watch my bubbler milk up :D

(Sorry for the double post, I finally got that spacer out the other day. It was quite stuck as I had overtightened the screws)

bounce5

Last edited:
Top Bottom