The Lotus Vaporizer

hweezi

formally cwheezy
I took this the other day, does this help at all @mrbonsai420

Must be noted that I do increase my drawing speed when I start getting dense vapor, torch distance and draw rate all plays in part here so it's important to not focus only on torching but how your drawing.

In close - draw fast , and then vice versa. You can manipulate this for your best results. I tend to really play with both.

Last edited:

djchexxx

@ataxian Holy shit the upline was made for the lotus! I really like how it provides full flavor like you're hitting it dry but provides a small amount of diffusion as well so its not destroying your throat.

gotta be careful with the mouthpiece though to not chip a tooth lol. I also really like how its 14mm. Takes the FW3 really well also. What I noticed with my Matrix perc is that it provides too much diffusion this is just right and the chug/vibration when its being cleared is so satisfying.

Unv7JtZ.jpg

hackslasher

Any good lighter suggestions? Not sure what happened to zico that came with it but giving me a skimpy flame when use it now. Not sure what exactly happened but yea even full power is only giving me about half a inch flame. Checked local smoke shops but they only had triple torch or really fat flame torch lighter. Anyways any suggestions be great.
On another note, and not sure if mentioned before, but the mighty filling aid works pretty awesome with the wpa. Make filling super easy and clean

hackslasher,

mnicsy999

I like butane vapes.
@ataxian Holy shit the upline was made for the lotus! I really like how it provides full flavor like you're hitting it dry but provides a small amount of diffusion as well so its not destroying your throat.

gotta be careful with the mouthpiece though to not chip a tooth lol. I also really like how its 14mm. Takes the FW3 really well also. What I noticed with my Matrix perc is that it provides too much diffusion this is just right and the chug/vibration when its being cleared is so satisfying.
Lets see a vid of that in action :)

mnicsy999,
Reactions: Bvapst

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
OK Guys, I got the Lotus with pipe and watertool attachment plus an Honest torch in the mail yesterday.
I just picked up a new batch of 5150, and Crown OG. I tried the waterpipe of the 5150 first, I started heating and drawing but nothing. So I heat a little more...but nothing. I see I am being too cautious so I start torching until red hot and I get just a little wispy vapor...What gives I think to myself?
So I decide to slow my draw a good bit...:whoa: Well after I finished coughing and drooling I figured out that that was the trick. Give the air more time to heat up as it passes the hot plate. Also small circles to create a bigger hot spot helps the clouds grow as well. By the third bowl the misses and I were blowing monster clouds of tasty vapor. The Lotus will fit into the rotation nicely!
I brought the Lotus with metal pipe (I like the metal bowl so much more than I thought I would). My Mighty and my Milaana with me today and I doubt either Mi will get any play today.

Oh and drop a piece of concentrate on your herb in the Lotus for Daisy sized clouds, it's crazy good!

Unv7JtZ.jpg

Do you have 1 of your holes plugged with something? :o Just wondering if that's a performance mod?

mrbonsai420,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Do you have 1 of your holes plugged with something? :o Just wondering if that's a performance mod?
Welcome to the club! Are you talking about the wpa handle? Did yours not come with a Lotus stamped thin piece of metal to put around wpa? Or do you mean the stir stick, epoxied into the cap? I honestly don't see anything modded. :hmm:

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Welcome to the club! Are you talking about the wpa handle? Did yours not come with a Lotus stamped thin piece of metal to put around wpa? Or do you mean the stir stick, epoxied into the cap? I honestly don't see anything modded. :hmm:

Oh yeah, it is the WPA handle and mine has it too. Couldn't see that it was the handle on my little phone screen. Looks just like mine on an actual monitor lol.

So how often will I need to change the heat plate and how will I know, will it become very thin and deteriorate?

nicedog

Hey, I'm new here. I'm thinking about buying a lotus but aesthetically I'm not super into how the vape caps get those marks on them from use. Can anyone tell me if the high temp vapor caps have that issue too?

nicedog,

colgorkan

If it is the heat discoloration of the nickle heat exchange plate that is your concern there isn't much you can do to stop it but keep it clean, use good butane to minimize soot buildup and hit it with q-tip and some polishing compound from time to time and it will develop a pleasing kind of steam-punk look about it. The stuff made for cleaning glass cooktops works well and with a little patience even toothpaste will do.

If it is the charred wood that bothers you you can keep that from happening. I have two natural caps, both of which went more than a year w/o any charring despite some heavy use until they eventually fell victim to insufficient supervision on my part combined with drunken strangers at my local dive bar.

My high temp cap however was sullied by my own hand within a week of getting it. And so it goes. Battle scars are sexy right.

Some day I'll take my hobby wood lathe out of storage and see about a restoration. Some day.....

Get the Lotus, you wont be disappointed.

ZC

So while the Milaana has been my DD since the day I got it, today I was negligent so all three of my batteries are completely dead and need to be charged.

The Lotus is the only other vape I have that compares. Gets up to temp in a few seconds for awesome tasting convection clouds, and easy to adjust temp on the fly.

I have a lot of great vapes, but only these two get such great results so instantly. This is one of those vapes that's never going to leave my collection. I'm thinking about getting a couple of extra top plates just so I don't have to wait when it's time for a replacement. This thing is a beast.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
That's awesome!

D-did I spark this idea or was it already in the works ? :lol::cool:

This is perfect too, It's bout time I re-upped on some screens and maybe a new hot plate.

colgorkan

hpOkl9O.jpg

No, posted October 2014.

All four of my caps have screens. Dome a 3/4" round fine stainless screen by pressing over the bowl of your stem and wiggle it in the cap with the pointy side facing in and it will set in place. My trail running lotus has many hundreds of miles of rough service and I think I've only removed it once to blow dust out.

For a time I was considering dremeling a groove to set the screen in place but realized it was unnecessary.

edit-added a bit.

hweezi

formally cwheezy
Yeah, I never claimed to come up with it, just spark the want for it.

Just thought it was coincidental.

hweezi,
Reactions: Squiby

jonni mondo

when ya'll talk about putting cotton in the lotus, what are you talking about lol? I'm trying to understand if I can use the Lotus with str8 wax or shatter...

with you there bro: cotton? sounds nutz--and like you, I'm just curious what folks' experience is using shatter in the lotus.

only tried it twice and always on a bed of vaped out herb--but it still seems to want to gum up my screen. shatter surely does vape though--like through the back of my skull!

jonni mondo,

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
@Max Jitter some months ago a friend gave me some glass and ceramic screens from a cheap vape pen (a charring pen to speak the truth) he had and yesterday night I wondered if any of them would fit the Lotus WPA.
Surprise:

wO8RgEv.jpg

h7HGs6p.jpg

I think it could be a great accessory to the Lotus as it could virtually last a lifetime and it can be cleaned like new in five seconds just torching it.

I also made another video, this time with my lab flask bubbler and an ash catcher:

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
@Max Jitter some months ago a friend gave me some glass and ceramic screens from a cheap vape pen (a charring pen to speak the truth) he had and yesterday night I wondered if any of them would fit the Lotus WPA.
Surprise:

wO8RgEv.jpg

h7HGs6p.jpg

I think it could be a great accessory to the Lotus as it could virtually last a lifetime and it can be cleaned like new in five seconds just torching it.

I also made another video, this time with my lab flask bubbler and an ash catcher:
@thebeagle Thank you for the idea. Does anyone know what they are called in scientific catalogs?

The Beagle

Bubbles & Bags
I don't think there is something like this in the standard scientific equipment, I have seen a lot of similar screen on the usual chinese wholesale sites marketed as accessories for vape pens but always with a smaller diameter. I think that the one I have was from an mCig.

The Beagle,

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
@The Beagle WOW! That's some nice sessions posted and those screens look really cool in the WPA...great thought to have sth like that!

ps: signature's just killing me!! HAHAHA nice one!

voodoo_vape,
Top Bottom