The Lotus Vaporizer

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
Your post made me try the D020-D for the first time with the Lotus (and a low-profile 14mm adapter). It was a very good experience, but I think the E-nano just works better overall with water (though I agree with @ataxian 's frequent reminder that the Lotus has the best WPA design out there).

This thing looks like it would be a beast with the Lotus, and you can get 2nd quality for $32.
http://www.thickassglass.com/collections/bubblers/products/tag-7-ratchet-bubbler-with-water-recycler

Edit: Actually, it appears to only be available in pink and green for $50 right now, with no 2nd quality or other colors available.

Edit #2: Oh dude, what about the Purr2Go?!
http://www.420science.com/Purr-2Go-Polycarbonate-Bubbler
I
rBVaGFUX0j6AHHCpAAH8oi9QBVk549.jpg

got this BUBBLER with a small mouth piece. $21?

Throw in the best WPA by LOTUS and WIZ KALIFA OG and my angled lighter and life will be worth living!

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Been lurking FC for awhile and have combed through pretty much all of this thread in the past couple weeks trying to decide on an upgrade from the FM Mini. :sherlock:

Happy to say I placed an order for a Lotus today! Now the waiting begins.

Got the Al. Stem and WPA kit. Any tips on a small bubbler to use it with? Smaller than the D020 would be great. Will probably get a J-hook eventually too.

Thanks to all the great folks who post here! Helped make a much more informed choice. :clap:
The Orbiter is nice with the Lotus! I found a 14mm male straight mp to fit it, very nice combo!

VeganVaper

This thing looks like it would be a beast with the Lotus, and you can get 2nd quality for $32.
http://www.thickassglass.com/collections/bubblers/products/tag-7-ratchet-bubbler-with-water-recycler

Looks like a slightly smaller D020, might work!

The Orbiter is nice with the Lotus! I found a 14mm male straight mp to fit it, very nice combo!

I considered getting the Orbiter Kit, but that would have been a bit above my desired price range. Perhaps an Orbiter is in my future still.

VeganVaper,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

voodoo_vape

Vapour RebeL
woo lotus wpa kit ordered! I have wanted one of these for a long time. Vas has been under control since the sub landed but I def need this one :shrug:

This is gonna be my ''I'm too impatient for my desktop vape to heat up'' solution. Looks good for a simple traveler and a power outage/ dead portable battery solution.

I got the leather cap pouch as well, anyone know if the wpa also fits in it with the cap?

:peace:

I don't know whether it'd fit or not in the pouch, although I think it will probably do, but the pouch itself for your lotus cap will save your beauty a lot of injury!!! I should have gotten one at that time but I didn't have a clue that it would be so necessary.
What worked for me like a charm was a pencil case that I found somewhere along my childhood stuff which fits just what I need with my Lotus (2 torches, the cap, the stem, 1 pipe tool and a small glass chamber kinda popper size of around 2.5-3g capacity) and I'm on a fully mobile mode for the day...

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
I'm using the D020 with WPA. Works great but I would prefer Lotus cap to be farther away from my nose. It's hard to focus my eyes to see where flame is hitting.
Think like a plumber?

I love the D020 however you the LOTUS I use a 18mm x 18mm male & an extension 18mm x 14mm female.

This pulls it away from your face.

The D020 is a good one if you have parts!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I just got a Zico MT-10 lighter. The torch seems a bit less powerful than the MT-20 at the same flame length, but otherwise I prefer the 90° design to the roughly 45° of the MT-20--it's even more comfortable to use than the MT-20. That said, the MT-20 (which I got with the Lotus itself) easily wins in the elegance department, and I like the heft it has. Still probably going to keep reaching for this MT-10 though.
PNTb7jl.jpg

Is there a trick to filling the mt-20? I can't get it to refill with butane. None of the tips that came with the vector can seem to help.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
No idea. I'm using Colibri, but have you tried filling it without using a tip? I don't have any tips for my can, and it works fine.

Yeah, I usually don't use a tip. The problem is the Zico just doesn't fill. I have been using the same can on other torches without any problem.
Sucks because i did really like the Zico.

sherb

I agree with the idea of purging it.

However, it also sounds like you might need a replacement :( If the torch has randomly stopped working, and still isn't after purging, it's not looking good for the lil' guy.

lazylathe

Almost there...
Back on the Lotus again!
Bought a new torch and it arrived the other day, so i had to test it out!

This is the one i bought:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Eagle-Jet-To...716634?hash=item2807de89da:g:lCMAAOSwHjNV9K7O

It arrived already filled with butane which was odd i thought...
I bought another style but it was returned to the seller by Canada Post, so who knows!

One click to fire it up and so far it has only ever taken one click to start.
So far the only slightly annoying thing is the loudness of the Piezo ignition.
It makes a very loud click, way way louder than my Honest.
Not a big deal to me as the lighter works extremely well!

Now i can`t put my Lotus down!!
My super crystal explosion Pink Kush is simply amazing!!
Flavor and clouds and effects!!

UnshavenFish

I'm uk based and have wanted to get a lotus for a while, anyone know a retailer I can get it from other than vapefiend as they have been out of stock each time I've checked for months. Thanks

It's looks like it's just the standard that's out of stock...

The dual stem shows in stock (normal stem + jhook)

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/lotus-vaporizer-glass-j-hook-kit-p607.html

Or just the jhook and cap

https://www.vapefiend.co.uk/lotus-vaporizer-glass-j-hook-kit.html

Both have the option of adding the high temp cap.

Haven't seen anyother UK sites with lotus.

Also with vapefienduk you can use...

Hi5 for £5 off when you spend £10 or more and...

420 for £10 off when you spend £50 or more.

VeganVaper

After a long week of waiting, my Lotus finally arrived yesterday! :clap:

Spent a little time with it last night while watching some Next Generation, first impressions:

Flavor is amazing! Tasted things in some Super Silver Haze that I never picked up on in the FM Mini, and the vapor tastes much "purer." The excellent flavor was still there even after two good draws (and one not so good, but I'll get to that).

Quality of the Lotus itself is outstanding, and the Aluminum Stem and WPA are similarly well-made. Solid and beautiful. I'm really glad I opted for the Aluminum Stem because it's so easy to just set down and not worry about.

Vapor production is also wonderful. After the first hit, I was blowing very large clouds with a fraction of the effort used for the FM Mini.

No comment on the efficiency, as I haven't really pushed things yet, but last night's sesh got me to a solid buzz with a small bowl (just covered the screen).

On the learning curve: There is definitely some technique involved, but overall I found it much easier than some have made it out to be! The first hit I took was underheated/produced wispy vapor, but that's mostly due to the lighter cutting out, which I corrected by holding it at a slight angle.

So far, very satisfied with my purchase. Cheers to you all again!:cheers:

Last edited:

vorrange

Vapor.wise
The best EU sites IMO for vaporists are: vaposhop.com, vapefiend, and verdampftnochmal.de

The last one was where i ordered my Lotus a few years ago, vapefiend didn't have it at the time.

For glass, head-nature.com has good glass (Ehle), and other less known brands.

These shops are where i made all my buys, except for manufacturer sites, like the HI or the Vapcap.

Eyedunno

I'm really glad I opted for the Aluminum Stem because it's so easy to just set down and not worry about.
Couldn't agree more. I was always a bowl smoker, and I like how perfectly the Lotus serves that purpose with the added benefit of better efficiency.

Used a Mighty pad that was already cut (so smaller than stock) and threw some BHO on it, and then crammed that into the Lotus WPA. Taste and clouds for days!! :clap:
I'm pretty sure you can also massage/knead a Mighty/Crafty pad to have a smaller diameter so it fits perfectly in the Lotus without cutting it. I haven't tried it with the Lotus (though I do have some extras lying around), but I have done it with the E-nano, which has an even smaller diameter, and it worked well. It will end up a little taller than it started, but it looks like the bowl volume of the lotus is enough to easily accommodate it. I don't see myself doing this, though, as I prefer the herb sandwich method.

Top Bottom