• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
You got the Prince version!
brand.gif
:rofl:

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Ok, so everything seems to be working fine. I've combusted simply because ive given it too much heat. My questions is I soaked the screen in ISO but its still black and not sure if it's soot? Is this ok, or should I torch the screen?

Slow Draw McGraw,
Reactions: SSVUN~YAH

colgorkan

The screen will discolor and oilcan a bit due to normal use. I have found that using a bit of polishing compound (glass range top cleaner) on a qtip now and then cleans it up a bit and gives the heat plate a cool steampunk shiny look.

colgorkan,

Papuji

:rant: threw jacket ovet table... of course catches on my D020D and makes it fall and break

oh well i prefer the stem as for medical effects, even though it is bit hot

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Anyone replace the coarse screen with a fine screen? Just experimenting with grind methods and screens to see the best results.

EDIT - I picked up that torch from harbor freight. I like it. One click and just chase the cloud. No holding a button down.

Last edited:

catbird

hyperconscious
Anyone replace the coarse screen with a fine screen?
I do. It works well for me, but I traded out right away, so I'm not sure what it's even like with the regular screens. I vary between coarse and finer grind, and always small loads. I soak the pipe in ISO whenever the screen gets gunked up, which seems to come around after a reasonable bit of use / not too quickly.

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
I also have some news from the obnoxious front:

The lotus has really impressed me. I have used it everyday since receiving it.

This camp is quick to respond. The picture of my cap I posted got me two quick emails from The Lotus Team assuring me my cap was fine, but if it fails that they would take care of me.

This thing is very fun. This is not for the timid or faint of heart. This is involved and intimate but can still shock you at how much vapor you can pull while not scorching the load!

This thing is so fun, im using in situations where i should be using something more discrete but i cant help it!

SpaceCoyote

We are about to retire the black vapor cap. We have 9 left and plan on selling only natural caps after that.

We are also now selling the SCS 3 piece shredder on our website.

Does that mean only natural for the upcoming (?) high temp cap as well? I was looking forward to a turquoise one! Or other colorful option. Not a huge deal tho....

BTW, I'm a fan of the 3-piece SCS! :tup:

I prefer the fine screen myself :tup:

I like an even finer one. I've been making my own superfine ones using some really fine 1" ones I found and cutting them down with a 1/2" hole punch.

colgorkan

I use a finer screen than the one provided, slightly domed to improve airflow and quick clean with iso as needed. I also use a fine screen in the cap.

colgorkan,

bojangle

Anyone try the lotus vaporizer with tobacco? Will it work without inhaling and just puffing on the device while heat is applied? Does the cap retain heat well? I am thinking about using this vaporizer for pipe tobacco. I have a davinci ascent I use for it, but I want something pipe-styled for my tobacco.

Thanks!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Anyone try the lotus vaporizer with tobacco? Will it work without inhaling and just puffing on the device while heat is applied? Does the cap retain heat well? I am thinking about using this vaporizer for pipe tobacco. I have a davinci ascent I use for it, but I want something pipe-styled for my tobacco.

Thanks!
No clue about tobacco, I don't recall if anyone has tried that yet with the Lotus.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Retain heat". The wood part of the Lotus cap will get slightly warm after hitting it 5-10 times in a row (if you are going for a big long session). But the stainless steel used on the WPA (and the trim ring holding the heatplate down) dissipates heat rather quickly. I have never had a problem with my WPA getting too hot to handle.

Now that I have a FLIR camera, I should get some pictures of my Lotus cap and see how fast the hotplate cools down by itself

bojangle

No clue about tobacco, I don't recall if anyone has tried that yet with the Lotus.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Retain heat". The wood part of the Lotus cap will get slightly warm after hitting it 5-10 times in a row (if you are going for a big long session). But the stainless steel used on the WPA (and the trim ring holding the heatplate down) dissipates heat rather quickly. I have never had a problem with my WPA getting too hot to handle.

Now that I have a FLIR camera, I should get some pictures of my Lotus cap and see how fast the hotplate cools down by itself

What about using the puffing technique rather than long-draws + inhaling; does this produce a lot of vapour (I know it also depends on the material being vaped)?

bojangle,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
That's easier said than done, with this vape, you're combusting if you using the torch for more than 10 seconds.... This vape is designed to be used while hitting it with the torch (forced hot air, ie a convection vaporizer)

If you want something that holds heat (conduction heat), you want to check out the Vapman instead

Delta3DStudios,

tiukauleh

That's easier said than done, with this vape, you're combusting if you using the torch for more than 10 seconds.... This vape is designed to be used while hitting it with the torch (forced hot air, ie a convection vaporizer)

If you want something that holds heat (conduction heat), you want to check out the Vapman instead
hey man, i noticed that if your flame is on the 'smallish' side and you keep the red dot blurry, u can go pretty damn long on one hit. my regular hits are usually at least 15 secs.

wax

hey man, i noticed that if your flame is on the 'smallish' side and you keep the red dot blurry, u can go pretty damn long on one hit. my regular hits are usually at least 15 secs.
And what does your abv look like after that hit?

wax,

Qwin8

Vaporist
Didn't even own it a full day and i hear a loud crack

V7Jsj8g.jpg

i5xj8kr.jpg

Edit:Maybe over heated. I am Pretty sure it already had a hair line crack there at the post but with the black finish I thought i was just imagining it till last night when crack fuck paperweighted

Last edited:
Qwin8,

VaporSipper

It's made of wood. Wood has natural imperfections that might not be immediately apparent, so stuff happens. =)

I'm sure they will replace it for you!

VaporSipper,
Reactions: 421

Bvapst

Wanted to chime in about my Lotus plate : I still have the old style one ( the one with stripes) from +1year and a crack developed only few months ago. Now it is a bit bigger and more noticeable but you know what ? My Lotus still working great ! Anyway I still have a old style plate to replace it and a new style cap as a back up !
Yes, I would have difficulties to go out with my Lotus...It's really my outside & party's vape of choice ! Lotus even replaced all my other vapes when I broke my last log-glass stem last year.

One anecdote : once I lost my Lotus at a party : dropped it on the floor while I thought he landed in my pocket. 20min later, behind the speakerbox, I see him shining !...luckily there was a rubber carpet with holes where the Lotus found a place to lay in. I would say probably 15persons had walked on it => no problem ! Ouh yeah, I was vaping till they kicked us !

What to do with your old cracked nickel plate ? I'm waiting for the blower I'm in contact with to have some free time for me and thought to make me a pendant or to include the plate inside the base of a bubbler or vapor-tube. :cool:

Bvapst,
Reactions: Aezhenn

Qwin8

Vaporist
It's made of wood. Wood has natural imperfections that might not be immediately apparent, so stuff happens. =)

I'm sure they will replace it for you!

yeah Max Jitter is taking care of It

I didnt want to combust inside so kept trying to use it ouside in the shade but was super windy
when it was finally cold enough at night to use it in my room with the fan in the window i combusted 3 out of 5 trys. so i thought maybe i was pushing it way to hard.

am i supposed to be able so see a red spot or kind ghostly red tint
i cant find the post where he said the dot was eliminated am i still supposed to see red ghosting?

Edit:I thought the plate didn't look that bad when it happen but seems awfully Heated/blued looking for only a day compared to others had for months

Last edited:
Qwin8,
Top Bottom