• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

bubbha ho-tep

SlowTokeMcgoats
Got the lotus today! This things too cool lol.
I'm not even gonna bother writing a giant review cause there's really no need.
My first attempt I was being a pussy and dident heat the plate long enough.
Here's my second attempt lol

After the second attempt I pretty much had it down. I combusted once cause I got cocky. But it was an obvious mistake that I can't see happening again now that I know my range.

I get giant lung busters from my bubbler and a nice joint experience from the j hook.
The clouds you get from a pinch of herb are comically ridiculous lol.

Here's a pic of my grav labs bub I paired with the lotus. Got it on dankstop.com for 99$

The tall glass mouth piece I bought from
http://oregonglassblower.com/

The whole combo Works so good!
Thanks again FC.

IMAG0224.jpg

I got an e nano coming this week as well so this weekend is about to be blurry lol.

Last edited:

beware116

Today I notice a significant crack had developed in my cap. I've only had my Lotus a few weeks, so I sent them a picture and they responded with a tracking number about an hour later. Phenomenal customer service that truly makes me glad I chose the Lotus as my portable

bounce5

Today I notice a significant crack had developed in my cap. I've only had my Lotus a few weeks, so I sent them a picture and they responded with a tracking number about an hour later. Phenomenal customer service that truly makes me glad I chose the Lotus as my portable

Is there a new version of the cap coming out soon? That's great that customer service is responding quickly, but reading about caps cracking in the first two weeks is disappointing. It makes me wonder how often someone might have to replace the hotplate or the entire cap (which is $70) after the one year warranty is up.

bounce5,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
My Lotus has almost one year and a half, it is a V2 and it still has the original plate with no cracks and it gets daily use.

Is it possible that a longer flame lenght will shorten the caps lifespan? Or maybe longer hits since i usually do 10sec hits.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Combustion has three major causes:

- Flame too long
- Heating time too long
- Hitting too slow

The first two are easier to control. Set the flame not longer than the diameter of the plate and heat it for 8-10 secs and it will be difficult for you to combust.

nemo

Is it possible that a longer flame lenght will shorten the caps lifespan? Or maybe longer hits since i usually do 10sec hits.
i managed to make some cosmetic pinhole cracks on my first plate within a couple of months. judging from the next plate, on which i behaved more gently, it seems to me that very fast heating/cooling, like i did on my first plate with a long flame, must have worn the plate faster. this was with the old plate design, the replacement also.

nemo,

Behaviorist

I came to the table again with all the tips from the great users of this site and it went much better. Just a slight bit of combustion during a few bowls, more of a scorch really.

The not pre-lighting is what works for me. I never even really get close to the plate at all with the flame either. Robust flavor and huge first hit every time now, however after that is where it gets tricky for me.

.... Oh yes, and I'm amazed at how little I am supposed to be filling. Anyone have an idea as a guide as to how much to fill? I didn't purchase that nifty tool.

One more thing that's funny is that as a result of learning how to use the Lotus I am now extremely medicated and waffles and netflix are calling....

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
What threw me off most using the lotus the first few days I had it was all the talk about "seeing the glowing dot" when preheating. Then I came across a post That I can't find right now from @Max Jitter that said "don't" preheat or watch for that dot, after reading that and also following the advice on not filling the bowl more then 1/2 way I haven't combusted once. Taking 8-10 second hits and only heating while hitting it gives me more control over my lotus, practice makes perfect.

:peace:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
but reading about caps cracking in the first two weeks is disappointing.

No clue on the next-generation Lotus cap ETA. IIRC, last we heard they were waiting on the machined parts.

Funny, this is the first time I've actually read someone having a crack develop in their cap. Wood cracks, it's natural. Cracks can be controlled by turning the wood at the proper moisture content. Typically cracks will form shortly after the piece is turned. If it doesn't crack in the first few months, it most likely will not crack.

I've seen so many beautiful turned "crotchwood" bowls burned to ash at my friend's house because they developed a crack before he had time to finish the piece. (His bowls are prized works of art, taking 5-20 years to make)

Still combust every time. Could I have messed up my plate somehow that quickly?
Actually quite the opposite. A dead Lotus cap will have much difficulty combusting (at least in my experiences).

Behaviorist

Ratchett, that's good to know. Thanks!

I had given up until today. I am very happy I waited it out.

I think it's probably important to add that with some practice this thing is a monster at its price. If any people read any of my prior posts during the learning curve know that they were all user error entirely. In no way was it the product at any time.

Last edited:

beware116

I think it was just a defect. Bound to happen when working with steel, heat, and wood. I also have some of the worst luck regarding defective new merchandise ever. It's one of the reasons I usually buy used. :argh:

Anyway, dealing with the issue couldn't have been more painless. I know I'm already suggesting the Lotus to a lot of people and I will continue to do so.

Papuji

lotus is my companion, i rarely am this satisfied with a product... quality make, simple, works in different situations, pretty, quite small, no electronics except torch sparker, affordable. torch i expected to be the weak point, but the honest torch holds up incredibly well. also the cap and plate can take beating and heating. easy to take couple torches or small butane container just in case if going away somewhere. i haven't used any other vapes, but i can't imagine it being much better except for stealth and size of bowl... those are not biggest concerns for me.

i only post on this thread really, because i don't need to read much other threads, found excellent vape right with the first one. i would consider also arizer solo or something that can be plugged to wall and has bigger bowl and can be used so that is looks little less eye-catching. or one of the ones that work with normal lighter for ultimate survival option.

i think the aluminium stem is mandatory and also if i had the wpa kit and bubbler i would probabably feel those mandatory too, so it's good to buy aluminium stem + wpa kit. i would expect j-hook too brittle and pointless, although cool as hell.

Last edited:

beware116

I've been using my Lotus with my bong while I wait for my E Nano WonG. It's definitely excellent, but I still prefer my E Nano through water. I love not being attached to a cable, but the E-Nano provides thicker, more immediate milk. That said, I've yet to find a vape that can approach the Lotus dry. The long stem provides the coolest vapor of any dry piece I've ever hit.

Unisonruss

Recently purchased a Vapman. It came with its own torch, and it's the best torch I've ever used for the lotus. I've used at least six/seven torches over time with lotus, and this one is the best by far. FYI, in case anyone wants to buy the lighter by itself...they're on eBay.

As to why it's better...I prefer getting large clouds, along with a decent size flame. I don't like baby hits :) Most torches have a very strong, powerful flame when turned up to the temperature I like (flame length never passes the diameter of the plate though), and when it's put too close to the metal plate (which doesn't take much), the flame cuts off, and you have to reignite it. You also have to mess with angling the flame. Thats why I hate the honest lighter it came with. And they get hot if you use it too much.

With the Vapman lighter, it has a huge butane tank, much bigger than the honest. It doesn't seem to get hot, and the flame is perfect. I can milk this thing more so than ever, and never get close to combustion. It's the best the lotus has ever operated! The flame never cuts off during your hit, and you can take as long a draw as you like without affecting the quality of the bud. Love it!

jojo0420

Cloud Chaser
Recently purchased a Vapman. It came with its own torch, and it's the best torch I've ever used for the lotus. I've used at least six/seven torches over time with lotus, and this one is the best by far. FYI, in case anyone wants to buy the lighter by itself...they're on eBay.

As to why it's better...I prefer getting large clouds, along with a decent size flame. I don't like baby hits :) Most torches have a very strong, powerful flame when turned up to the temperature I like (flame length never passes the diameter of the plate though), and when it's put too close to the metal plate (which doesn't take much), the flame cuts off, and you have to reignite it. You also have to mess with angling the flame. Thats why I hate the honest lighter it came with. And they get hot if you use it too much.

With the Vapman lighter, it has a huge butane tank, much bigger than the honest. It doesn't seem to get hot, and the flame is perfect. I can milk this thing more so than ever, and never get close to combustion. It's the best the lotus has ever operated! The flame never cuts off during your hit, and you can take as long a draw as you like without affecting the quality of the bud. Love it!

Got a link?

jojo0420,

bubbha ho-tep

SlowTokeMcgoats
"Unisonruss, post: 747205, member: 14592"]I guess we were both being lazy today :disgust:

Here ha go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vapman-Angl...083?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e977e88eb

I actually have this lighter in my ebay watch list lol looks like i might have to pick one up. Thanks man!

I ordered this one to try, its a BBQ style with a flexible tip. I thought it might work nice because I won't have to invert the actual butane chamber.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261771347470&alt=web

bubbha ho-tep,
Reactions: Unisonruss

Gray Area

I've been using my Lotus with my bong while I wait for my E Nano WonG. It's definitely excellent, but I still prefer my E Nano through water. I love not being attached to a cable, but the E-Nano provides thicker, more immediate milk. That said, I've yet to find a vape that can approach the Lotus dry. The long stem provides the coolest vapor of any dry piece I've ever hit.

My experience exactly... I use my nano pretty much exclusively through water and never dry, and my Lotus (with long aluminium stem) is my preferred vape for dry and any hash at all :tup:

On the subject of torch lighters, I found the Honest excellent and very reliable.
So much so that I bought another the same, which also functions great...

Mine both actually work a little better when they are pointing down/in the correct position than uptight.

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
That's great that customer service is responding quickly, but reading about caps cracking in the first two weeks is disappointing. It makes me wonder how often someone might have to replace the hotplate or the entire cap (which is $70) after the one year warranty is up.
We have had 4-6 caps crack in the 4+ years we have existed, so cracking doesn't happen often. There is also a 3 year warranty on everything but the hotplate.

Nok21

Currently own a PAX and a Vapor Genie original in purple. Pax is great for use with friends but goes through far too much for a solo/at home vape. No complaints on the vapor genie other than butane in the air path and issues with water filtration.

So, I found the lotus and it has a lot of appeal to me. Before i pull the trigger, im hopeing someone could answer a few questions

-How often do you replace your mini torch (Not the butane in the torch, i mean the torch itself)? I've always had bad luck with small torches breaking but have found that i can care for and maintain the larger ones for years. I'm talking specifically about the torch included with the lotus.

-Is there a FC member discount?

-To anyone who has owned a vapor genie, would you say you like the lotus better than the Vapor Genie?

Nok21,

beware116

My replacement vapor cap arrived today! I don't know if it was on purpose or an accident, but they shipped me a natural finish cap instead of the black I originally had and I am thrilled about it.

beware116,

SpaceCoyote

-To anyone who has owned a vapor genie, would you say you like the lotus better than the Vapor Genie?

I have a Lotus and a glass Vapor Genie. I keep going back and forth as to which I like best. I like the durability of the Lotus (no glass to break) but I like that the GVG works with a regular lighter or match or flaming twig, etc but also great with a torch. I like the idea of not inhaling in butane or by-products with the Lotus, but I haven't noticed any issues or bad tastes/smells using the GVG either.
Lotus (with Al stem) is easier to keep clean.
GVG vapor is a little cooler in my experience, but
Lotus with a water pipe is even cooler still!
I can get bigger clouds with the GVG, too big in fact if I'm not careful I can overdo it especially since the bowl is so much bigger.
I tend to alternate between them, switching every couple weeks. Each time I switch, I think "oh this one's better" but then say the same thing about the other one the next time I switch back:D. So I guess it's a tie, I consider myself fortunate to have both :cheers: I have an Indica now as well. Just like different strains, it's fun to mix things up with different vapes.
I want to get a hand carved wooden VG one of these days too! And also looking forward to the new Lotus cap that's in the works. :tup:

Top Bottom