• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Couple things. If you buy your Lotus new, it will come with a torch. It's actually a pretty good one too, that most of us like. It really will NOT work with a Bic.

Second, there is a new instruction video for the new model Lotus that is current. As you will see in the vid, it no longer comes with the scoop (that I bought separately because it is so perfect for the bowl) but comes with a travel bag instead. If you ARE going to get one, I highly recommend the WPA (Water Pipe Adapter), as that is definitely MY favorite way to use it. I actually have all 3 ways, stem WPA and J-hook.

Edit: One thing to add. A new Lotus will likely come with the newly designed plate that looks a little different but functions a little better and should last longer. That vid still shows the old plate, as do some of the pics on the website. The new plate is shown above in this thread.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Thanks, that's a really a awesome post. I don't have a water path anymore since I sold mine for some HT's but I could see myself wantin to set up again for this.

Check out the cheap high quality bubblers thread in the glass section - we've found a ton of cheap quality glass for under $50 each. My two favorite pieces each cost under $35 from dhgate, but they sell for over $150 each at my LHS!

Vaping through glass is my favorite way to vape!

exit

I swore by dry vaping for the longest time but HTs changed my life. Might get the wt + pipe kit, I dunno.

Excited though! Is the pipe part they sell worth it or should I just get the WPA version and use my JhOoks when I want to dry vape?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I swore by dry vaping for the longest time but HTs changed my life. Might get the wt + pipe kit, I dunno.

Excited though! Is the pipe part they sell worth it or should I just get the WPA version and use my JhOoks when I want to dry vape?
I'm still waiting on some glass to play with the WPA but I must say, the original pipe is nice. Very good quality and not relying on the glass.
Used the WPA with the Sherlock and its pretty much the same as the pipe with less restriction. I prefer the pipe at this point. Once I get some glass involved things may change.
Get the double kit, more toys, more fun.:nod:

catbird

hyperconscious
Is the pipe part they sell worth it or should I just get the WPA version and use my JhOoks when I want to dry vape?
I think it's worth having the stem for the portability aspect, but I also don't have a good battery portable for flowers yet, and maybe when I do I won't feel inclined to take the Lotus places. But I do love the Lotus and feel like I would potentially still choose it for some excursions where I am able to vape in private, ahead of say, the Cera that I have yet to own. I also just like the stem -- I like the heaviness and smoothness of it -- and having the easy/sturdy/unbreakable option for home use.

natural farmer

Wherever there is a bathroom, there is a place to bake a bowl for a couple of minutes... :)
Al stem is a must imo so I can enjoy my Lotus everywhere. Also I like solutions that last long and don't break easily. I like my carbon footprint as small as possible... ;)
Jhooks are a match made in heaven for the Lotus though. You can't beat the visual feedback!!!

EDIT: it's almost a year since I got the highly improved Lotus v2 and became a Lotus addict. Still looks like it did the first day I got it... My precious...
iJn4Mb3P71EH0.JPG

Last edited:

David and Michael

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I wonder what is the current state of the High Heat Lotus version that was in the works? @Max Jitter ? Any news? Will there be a kit to retrofit an existing Lotus?
We are waiting for parts for the high heat Lotus. There's a saying about machine shops/vendors: "High quality, low prices, fast service. You can have any 2 of the 3." We choose high quality and low prices.
Unfortunately it will not be a retrofit. The cap will look the same but have different internal parts.

natural farmer

We are waiting for parts for the high heat Lotus. There's a saying about machine shops/vendors: "High quality, low prices, fast service. You can have any 2 of the 3." We choose high quality and low prices.
Unfortunately it will not be a retrofit. The cap will look the same but have different internal parts.

So, it's out of beta and waiting for assembly? That's what you're saying, right? :)

I am enjoying oil on cotton through my Lotus these days... So fast and so easy! Hash needs a lot more heat though... Hence the high heat version! Will it be able to do herbs equally well?

Last edited:

hoptimum

So, it's out of beta and waiting for assembly? That's what you're saying, right? :)

I am enjoying oil on cotton through my Lotus these days... So fast and so easy! Hash needs a lot more heat though... Hence the high heat version! Will it be able to do herbs equally well?

Farmer, do you need to use more heat to vaporize your oil in cotton?

hoptimum,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Just wanting to show some Lotus Love :luv:

I've been rock'n the Lotus with the latest top plate for a bit of time now, and still getting great results. I see discoloration, but so far no evidence of cracking...hoping that trend continues. I found a low cost sidecar bubbler on DHgate ( D020-2-w from sunshinestore) and it works well with the lotus.:science:

natural farmer

Nice one jam!

How about this?

iblpvtlq22yDa1.JPG

iMjHDxk9HbLUj.JPG

ibl7f19MMvxEs.JPG

EDIT: It costs nothing if you already have the WA, it gives cooler hits than a j-hook and will probably last much longer as well! Very comfortable ergonomics. It also stands on a flat surface. Tastes amazing. Just a reed...

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
I really can't imagine what I might be doing wrong with the Lotus. I have tried about all the variation I could imagine insofar as ways of using the torch. I get the principle of how it should work. I wish I knew someone else who had one so I could compare technique firsthand.

I don't really have a good way to do video to display my technique but I may try.
This was a post I made in May soon after getting my Lotus. My issues with the vape remained and I just lived with them as it was still a worthwhile device, just finicky and a little more "difficult" than it should have been.
I wanted to come back now and say I finally caved and sent it in, and there WAS something wrong with it that they resolved (along with adding the new plate). The Lotus now works great for me and I am very happy with it and can easily recommend it with no reservations. Phew.

Another happy Lotus user. :)

420democrat

Got my lotus today from a fellow fcer, unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to hook it to the Sherlock he sent me so I bought a cheap 30 14mm piece at lhs and been playing with the Lotus all I can say is wow I keep thinking I combust but it's just dark abv and massive vapor clouds, I do need some torch recommendations I got 2 madelaine idk if it's user error but I can't keep them lit or working properly for more then a minute

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pocket-size-torch-lighters.13941/page-4

That's a Torch thread worth looking at.

I like the Honest torches as well, but there are lots of good ones out there. You don't have to spend a lot. My hottest torch is one that I got off Amazon for under $5 delivered. DX seems to be the cheapest place to get them but they take FOREVER to get here. An order placed 6/4 hasn't yet arrived.

Many like the Zico T38 or T39. The T38 feels great in your hand. Haven't held the T39.

If you need one immediately they can be found in smoke shops around here but they tag you on price sometimes. And get GOOD butane. Bad butane is their nemesis...

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
I got my glass order today. And it all goes together as I hoped.
Glass01_zpsc0ae7945.jpg
Glass02_zpseca7678c.jpg
Glass03_zps255028da.jpg

Only thing that I caught me off guard was the base stand has a hole throw the bottom. Will just cork it up. The WT goes on nice too, just had to turn the swivel adapter inwards a bit to maintain good balance.
Received just before I was off to work so no time to try...just time for a couple pics.
Can't wait to try it out later tonight.

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I got my glass order today. And it all goes together as I hoped.
Glass01_zpsc0ae7945.jpg
Glass02_zpseca7678c.jpg
Glass03_zps255028da.jpg

Only thing that I caught me off guard was the base stand has a hole throw the bottom. Will just cork it up. The WT goes on nice too, just had to turn the swivel adapter inwards a bit to maintain good balance.
Received just before I was off to work so no time to try...just time for a couple pics.
Can't wait to try it out later tonight.

Nice idea! I need to try this setup with my PNWT! And better yet i have all the parts I need (plus a 3D printed stand for the Claisen).

Blueberryyumyum

Ok so today i burned the second time with my lotus :puke: taste and smell is horrible.

Disgusting after cleaning my j-hook and WPA with some PBW the smell didn't go away.

So i let it soak for a day in some vinegar and now the burned taste and smell is gone.. :chill:

I use the standard single flame honest lighters guess i need to be more careful next time :ko:

Blueberryyumyum,
I've ordered both a Lotus and a Firefly recently…so far I've only received my Lotus but Mendocino Therapeutics packed it without a screen. :ugh: I called and the kind man on the phone is having a few screens sent my way ASAP.

The Lotus was the first to my doorstep even though I ordered it several days after the Firefly…could it be a sign? ;) I actually do have a serious question for those of you who have been lucky enough to try both the Lotus and the Firefly: Which do you prefer and why? Cash is pretty tight this summer; should I just send one of them back?

Top Bottom