• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The Lotus Vaporizer

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'll have to buckle down and read through the entire thread, because I think I only got to page 15 before I wandered off. I recall something about dual-flame torch potentially getting the job done faster.

I'm chuffed I got it working because I think I really, really like this thing.

I need some more time to get acquainted with it for sure, but I am already enamoured with its simplicity and effectiveness. It has also provided me with the tastiest initial hit of any vape I've ever used so that's a nice surprise.

I wanted something I could take and use reliably away from civilization for extended periods of time, and it doesn't hurt that I really like its aesthetic. Still need to refine my technique, though - the Solo's ease of use is hard to beat, but I can definitely see myself using this more than I had anticipated.

Heh, we all know the feeling.

You'll find your torch has a real impact on the performance of your Lotus. With my Zico torch, I can get 3-4 hits per load. (HPL? ha ha). But with my Sleek Honest torch, I can only get 2-3 HPL.

I've had my Lotus for about a month so far, and I'm still learning. Sadly I've managed to combust several times, but hey, that's part of the fun (if only accidentally combusting didn't ruin the flavor of my next few sessions)

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
In twilight settings I notice random glow points on the outside of the inner circle/indent they appear to be above the perforations would be below anyone else noticed this.

You're not a true lotus master until you've managed to burn flesh off with the plate :tinfoil::evil:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
In twilight settings I notice random glow points on the outside of the inner circle/indent they appear to be above the perforations would be below anyone else noticed this.

You're not a true lotus master until you've managed to burn flesh off with the plate :tinfoil::evil:

Strange, never noticed this

Ooo, yesterday My wife heard my skin 'sizzle' when it made contact with the plate while grabbing my beer off the table! haha, yes indeed sometimes it's easy to forget how hot it gets because the Stainless steel used elsewhere in the vape cools down so much faster!

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
@Ratchett

No I'd not until the other night when it was twilight at first I thought it was something on the outside of the plate wiped it but it glowed again. And last night it did it again but on the opposite side of the plate. I know this as I always have the cap in the same position by twisting the top until the stir rod is resting against the left side of the pipe that's a bit OCD of me I know.

cityslang,
Reactions: Snappo

DOOM

My technique for thick clouds using WPA and glass piece. Before putting the cap on the WPA i light up the cap by itself for about 5-6 seconds.Then I put the cap on the WPA, light up for a few seconds, then start to inhale lighting up using circular motion for about 8-12 seconds, once I see thicker clouds I distance the lighter away just a bit while still going in circular motion. This is gives me great milk and it's almost comparable to a fat bong rip. If I see in any red on the cap, then I know for sure I combusted and I'm usually 90% right.

I love the short stem pipe too since it's so easy to use when you follow the basic instructions in brochure but damn it kills my throat especially if I use it as daily driver.

Some ppl enjoy really long sessions, not me. I just want 2-3 mega rips.

Tom Funk

Received my Lotus pipe/WPA kit two days ago. Have used it four times since. This vape is freaking awesome! I've had the Thermovape T1, Evolution and Cera as well as a Solo and the Lotus tops them all! Huge hits with great flavour off fairly short draws (8-12 seconds) from a very small load (1/3 full).

I was surprised at how smooth it was to hit the Lotus dry through the standard 6.5" stem. Not sure I really need the WPA and a bubbler. The stem really cools the vapour well. With the other vapes I've owned I usually wait until I feel a bit of a tickle in the throat/chest before I stop hitting. I decided to pull up short of this on my first hit on the Lotus. Sure glad I did, as by the size of the cloud I got I reckon a bigger hit would have brought on a huge coughing fit. This thing is deceptively smooth.

I've tried using both hand crumbled and ground flowers. The Lotus has the power to get a good and quick extraction out of hand crumbled material. Stirring however is much easier to do without spilling with ground material.

In short, this thing works exactly as advertised by the glowing endorsements in this thread. If anyone is on the fence about this vape, get off it now and buy one. No regrets about selling my Solo to buy this.

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
Always like seeing Lotus-noobies get their first massive hit off my bubbler. Their eyes are wide, enthusiasm apparent. Welcome to the club, y'all.

Protip: If your screen starts to get too much resin, just turn up the heat and vape the empty bowl. Cleans it up nicely!

Question for those of you that have bought this lighter (double or single flame torch that resembles a pistol): http://www.ebay.com/itm/1300-C-2500...240?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c368628e0

How does the tank empty? All of my cheap Honest lighters can empty completely by flame (albeit much weaker than usual), but I've also gotten other cheap lighters that could not spark if the tank got to 1/4 full.

grokit

well-worn member
I'm using good callibri fuel and purging, but my honest still torch cuts out once in a while; it's very annoying but I've learned to compensate. I get a lot of good hits from the lotus, and the great hits are coming more often now. Also the easiest way to avoid combustion is by making sure the bowl isn't completely full.

Last edited:

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm using good callibri fuel and purging, but my honest still torch cuts out once in a while; it's very annoying but I've learned to compensate. I get a lot of good hits from the lotus, but the great hits are coming more often now. Also the easiest way to avoid combustion is by making sure the bowl isn't completely full.

Interesting, I was hoping a better higher quality butane like Callibri would increase the performance of my Sleek Honest lighter.

My Honest torch normally cuts out at least once mid-draw. It's quite annoying, but my honest lighter is faster at heating than my Zico torch which never cuts out.

I've purchased a Jobon torch off Ebay, waiting for that to arrive, I'll post feedback on that torch once I receive it (haven't seen this particular model listed before on this thread)

grokit

well-worn member
I'm thinking that the cutting out is air pockets, meaning that my purging technique could still use some refinement. I'm also thinking of getting that purging tool from ebay as well.

grokit,

grokit

well-worn member
:hmm:
You think?
I was recently thinking I should experiment with flame angle.
It's the stock lighter from mt.

grokit,

Fenton Mewley

A man in search of cloudier pastures
:hmm:
You think?
I was recently thinking I should experiment with flame angle.
It's the stock lighter from mt.

I literally just had that happen to me last night. I have a usual setting for those basic Honests, so after I fill all my lighters, I move the dial back to that position. But this time I kept getting blowouts and sputtering. I thought it was because it was too little butane coming out or that there were air pockets, so I jacked up the dial, and the same kept happening.

Wasn't until I moved the dial down that I got consistent flame again.

cityslang

A taste on the tongue
I think the honest misbehaves if it gets too hot and sometimes just for the he'll of it. The flame on the honest is by far the most brutal.

I like my flame club cheapie so much I got a back up it works all the way down then splutters twice and it's out of gas.

kushcabbage

vapor nerd
I love the lotus.
iDI2cId.png

pjwalm

Damn thats slick... What bubbler is that? I am correct in assuming its a dewar joint with a removable down stem? Is your stir stick clipped or bent?

pjwalm,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'm thinking that the cutting out is air pockets, meaning that my purging technique could still use some refinement. I'm also thinking of getting that purging tool from ebay as well.
If that were true, my other torch ligher would exhibit the same characteristics. However this isn't true, my other torch lighter behaves much differently. I do the same thing to purge every time - use my mini T30 torx driver to purge the gas. I purge with both the lighter upside down and rightside up until there is literally nothing left. Note I use the same butane in both torches.

I bet the flame cutting out is because it's a little to big and is actually blowing itself out.

Again, I think it's a combination of flame size, flame distance, and torch itself which affect the reliability of the design. My Honest lighter is very sensitive to flame size - too long and it cuts out all the time, too short and the lotus doesn't heat sufficiently.

Yet my Zico torch works no matter what! Small flame, big flame, it works, doesn't cut out until the metal lip of my torch practically touches the plate before it will cut out! While my Zico doesn't seem to get as hot (the tip of the Zico's flame doesn't get quite as "sharp" as my Honest torch), it's still 100000% more reliable than my Sleek Honest torch. Note I'm using the same purging techniques on both torches, and using the same butane.

I'm really starting to suspect the quality of the honest torches is shoddy. One's torch might work perfect, while another won't work nearly as reliably. I think this hold's true for most torches we'll buy on this thread, unless you drop $60+ on some name brand BS (which even then, I question).

I have my third torch coming hopefully this week - it's a trigger-finger style torch (Kitchen torch design) from Jobon (ZB529). I'm not holding out much hope for the torch, but maybe it'll impress me.

Gah, My D020 is getting boring, I need more GLASS!!! I don't have any old glass from my combusting days aside from a Molino bubbler with no GONG connection. Time to start shopping I guess! :science:

Top Bottom