• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Discontinued The Liquidizer Herb2Vapor System - Safety Butane Extractor & Mini-vaporizer

Liquidizer

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
I think I may be in love ... Definitely time to start saving up for one of these baby's. I'll be able to be that much more stealthy vaping at school! But ... I still love my oil rig, would you be able to drop a dab from the syringe onto a T-nail? Making these QWISO batches takes way to many steps to get a really nice end product, this would simplify everything.

Absolutely, you can add a drop from either a syringe or eye dropper unto a hot surface and the mix will perform beautifully.

OF

I've got this coming, some everclear in the mail and all that is left is finding some good butane locally. I'll be set. I hope it comes before I leave on tuesday, but I kind of doubt that is possible. I'll have something awesome waiting for me when I get back :)

Give us the address, we'll keep an eye on it for you......

OF

ZombiezAteMyD0G

The Vape Escape
This looks very cool, I use e-cigs everyday, I think a big battery like the joyetech variable voltage battery with one of the bottom feeder tanks for thicker oils would be the way to go. What's stopping me though is the price. When I first came on here and saw the picture I thought, oh ok, that's a good idea, it's basically a bottle capper with a few mods, shouldn't be too much but DAMN!

ZombiezAteMyD0G,
Reactions: mvapes

Yoshimattsu

Price seems reasonable to me, I actually plan to purchase this in the next couple of weeks. This is a process that always seemed complicated and scary to me, so a manufacturer who creates a product that simplifies such a process is worth quite a bit IMO. Plus the customer service looks incredibly promising and the instructions seem very comprehensive. :clap:

ZombiezAteMyD0G

The Vape Escape
I guess its not as bad as my initial thoughts, I was looking at 289 but that comes with the 2 ecig batteries which I probably wouldn't use so I'd be looking at the 229 price tag...I've been wanting to turn my bud into oil for these ecigs ever since I first used ecigs a few years ago, I always wonder how fast I'll blow through a quarter of bud in that form though...

darkrom

Great Scott!
Mine has arrived. INSANELY fast shipping thanks!

If all goes well I should have some time to do a trim run today. I've got about 100g of meh quality trim that was donated to me. I also have some buds (only a few grams) of NYC Diesel which I don't really like that I'll mix in.

Don't expect amazing results from trim, but I'd rather do my first run on trim than buds. I can't wait to give this a try.

Yoshimattsu

Did you get the Herb2Vapor kit, or just the extractor? If you got the kit, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the EJVape pen :2c: . I plan to get it either way for testing, but I love hearing others' opinions!

Yoshimattsu,
Reactions: mvapes

darkrom

Great Scott!
I got the whole kit. The pen all I've done so far is played with it. Screwed it on and saw that it heated immediately. Pretty neat form factor. I'll be curious to see if I prefer glycerin mixed in the ecig, or if I just stop after extraction and use the concentrate in its raw form. I like to keep things simple so my gut says raw form, but the ecig will have its place. I already can't wait to go to a concert or event with this ecig. Harder to use my dildo shaped cera in a crowded area without getting funny looks lol.

poonman

Yes, we use a 510 threading.

I really enjoyed reading your posts and have learned a lot .
You are very knowledgeable in this area .
I was just thinking about making my own budda/wax , rather than relying on others , as stated
earlier by another member . Plus I can control what truly is being extracted .

Same question from me ;
Will you offer free shipping to Canada ?

edit ;
Dang , I don't think I can get Everclear in Canada !
at least not in Toronto anyways .
Will 90 % grain alcohol work ?
or Bacardi 151 % ?

tia

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
The extraction will work with different strengths of ethanol. The more ethanol, the less water, and the more readily the extracted solution will evaporate. 150 proof is still pretty good (and if you don't mind the sugar and flavorings, 151 proof rum will work too).

I'm not up enough on extracting to know about the pluses and minuses of using eth versus iso.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
If you guys do the alcohol evap with everclear is it possible that you could bypass the EJMIX? Reason I ask is that the EJmix changes the flavor spectrum of the final product. If I can eliminate that step I assume I would get more of a dab like flavor from the pen. Or at least more of an MJ flavor in which I love.

Liquidizer

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
The extraction will work with different strengths of ethanol. The more ethanol, the less water, and the more readily the extracted solution will evaporate. 150 proof is still pretty good (and if you don't mind the sugar and flavorings, 151 proof rum will work too).

I'm not up enough on extracting to know about the pluses and minuses of using eth versus iso.

Grain ethanol is our top choice of transport alcohol, 90% and higher is fine. We would advise to always use it if you have it available. In second is 99% isopropanol. In third is 90% isopropanol. Isopropanol is mildly toxic as it metabolizes into acetone in the body. Untreated 250ml may be a fatal dose. For the typical adult about 15ml is the threshold dose when gastric discomfort is experienced. The residual amounts in Ejuice are negligible, particularly as if you can taste the rubbing alcohol, that's an indication more time spent heating in the purging ring is needed. Ethanol is less toxic, but consider that 250ml of pure ethanol is the equivalent of drinking 14 shots at once, and may very well be fatal also. (Never use denatured ethanol as toxins are deliberately added to make it unfit for consumption).

The major drawbacks of isopropanol is the anti-septic taste and odor, and that it is too effective of solvent for winterization; you don't see the large chunks of wax precipate at sub-freezing temperatures that you do with ethanol. The major plus is that it's available everywhere inexpensively in a variety of concentrations. It is best to use 99% to 90% - if 70% is all you have available, that's fine, the glycols in EJmix are forgiving as far as dissolving a small amount of water, but the less water content the better (same goes for Bacardi 151 or 75% Everclear).

Incidentally you can't find 99% ethanol outside of lab supply. The reason is that at 95% ethanol and water form an azeotrope which is mixture that can not be separated by distillation alone. Creating 99% ethanol requires chemical means, and the resulting anhydrous ethanol is pricey and will absorb water from the atmosphere if left exposed to open air and return to 95%.

If you guys do the alcohol evap with everclear is it possible that you could bypass the EJMIX? Reason I ask is that the EJmix changes the flavor spectrum of the final product. If I can eliminate that step I assume I would get more of a dab like flavor from the pen. Or at least more of an MJ flavor in which I love.

If you do the alcohol evap with everclear you'll create an extract / ethanol liquid. The downside is that ethanol and herbal extracts have very different boiling points and molecular weights. As soon as the coils begin to heat up the ethanol will be purged quickly, creating a strong initial alcohol taste, and then afterwards you'll have the same taste from the extract as from a regular dab. The EJmix vaporizes along with the essential oils you desire, delivering them at lower temperatures and better guarded from oxidation for greater flavor. Everyone has their own preferences and the Liquidizer is all about experimentation and customization to create YOUR ideal Ejuice alone, whether with ethanol, nicotine liquid, EJmix or even VG if you want to swing that way. What we provide is just a starting point for getting the basics right.

We would however caution that you should not use an extract / ethanol blend in a cartomizer. Ethanol is highly flammable, the coil gets very hot and it's possible the cartridge could catch on fire. With a single drop that isn't an issue, but with .8ml of liquid (~80 drops) it could become a dangerous problem.

mvapes

Scratchin' Glass!
Accessory Maker
Grain ethanol is our top choice of transport alcohol, 90% and higher is fine. We would advise to always use it if you have it available. In second is 99% isopropanol. In third is 90% isopropanol. Isopropanol is mildly toxic as it metabolizes into acetone in the body. Untreated 250ml may be a fatal dose. For the typical adult about 15ml is the threshold dose when gastric discomfort is experienced. The residual amounts in Ejuice are negligible, particularly as if you can taste the rubbing alcohol, that's an indication more time spent heating in the purging ring is need. Ethanol is less toxic, but consider that 250ml of pure ethanol is the equivalent of drinking 14 shots at once, and may very well be fatal also.

The major drawbacks of isopropanol is the anti-septic taste and odor, and that it is too effective of solvent for winterization; you don't see the large chunks of wax precipate at sub-freezing temperatures that you do with ethanol. The major plus is that it's available everywhere inexpensively in a variety of concentrations. It is best to use 99% to 90% - if 70% is all you have available, that's fine, the glycols in EJmix are forgiving as far as dissolving a small amount of water, but the less water content the better (same goes for Bacardi 151 or 75% Everclear).

Incidentally you can't find 99% ethanol outside of lab supply. The reason is that at 95% ethanol and water form an azeotrope which is mixture that can not be separated by distillation alone. Creating 99% ethanol requires chemical means, and the resulting anhydrous ethanol is pricey and will absorb water from the atmosphere if left exposed to open air and return to 95%.

If you do the alcohol evap with everclear you'll create an extract / ethanol liquid. The downside is that ethanol and herbal extractions have very different boiling points and molecule weights. As soon as the coils begin to heat up the ethanol will be purged quickly, creating a strong initial alcohol taste, and then afterwards you'll have the same taste from the extract as from a regular dab. The EJmix vaporizes along with the essential oils you desire, delivering them at lower temperatures and better guarded from oxidation for greater flavor. Everyone has their own preferences and the Liquidizer is all about experimentation and customization to create YOUR ideal Ejuice alone, whether with ethanol, nicotine liquid, EJmix or even VG if you want to swing that way. What we provide is just a starting point for getting the basic right.

We would however caution that you should not use an extract / ethanol blend in a cartomizers. Ethanol is highly flammable, and it's possible the cartridge could catch on fire. With a single drop that isn't an issue, but with .8ml of liquid it's another story.

What I am looking to do is get that or as close to a dab type flavor from the pen.

Liquidizer

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
What I am looking to do is get that or as close to a dab type flavor from the pen.

For a liquid that hits like a dab we would recommend winterizing your extract to reduce waxes (requiring ethanol). After filtration, rather than add EJmix just heat the virgin extract / ethanol blend in the purging ring for 15 - 30 min. There will be very little residual ethanol left over, yet the extract will still flow at room temperature because the wax has been removed (it is the waxes, solids at room temperature, that make extract semi-solid and sticky). Now you have true oil, it's greater purity is what merits the title "virgin" just as it does with olive oil. It will still be a thick oil, we provide wide dispensing tips for this reason, if at room temperature it's still too thick to draw up, add just a drop or two of ethanol at a time for lower viscosity.

Liquidizer,
Reactions: KeroZen

OF

Now you have true oil, it's greater purity is what merits the title "virgin" just as it does with olive oil.

Actually that's not true. "Virgin", as applied to Olive Oil has to do with how it's produced, not it's quality. Free pressed, not processed. There are in fact Virgin Olive Oils rated 'not fit for human consumption' without refinement due to nasty junk fouling the taste.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_oil

Virgin forest is different too.

Since this is the first application of the term to juice, I guess the field's wide open as far as definitions go, but the Olive oil one doesn't fit.

Neither does Olive Oyl (Popeye's GF) for that matter, although it's entirely possible she too was a virgin? It was more popular back then.

OF

poonman

+ 1
and the viscosity of melted budda/wax , so I can load into my Omicron cartridges .
It's ok if I can't get the solid type of budda from better purging ,
but just the potency of good oils would be preferred .

I'm thinking about paying another $ 60 to try out your pen with ceramic heaters ....

We would however caution that you should not use an extract / ethanol blend in a cartomizer. Ethanol is highly flammable, the coil gets very hot and it's possible the cartridge could catch on fire. With a single drop that isn't an issue, but with .8ml of liquid (~80 drops) it could become a dangerous problem.

Educational post as usual ,
questions ;

How much is in 1 bottle of EJMIX ? ( I can't seem to find the answer on your site . )
Can I substitute the iso for another EJMIX at time of purchase ? ( I can get 99 % )
Free shipping to Canada ?

tia

poonman,
Reactions: OF

darkrom

Great Scott!
I'm trying to have time to do an extraction before I go away. I might be able to tomorrow. My back is just so fucked up and my back yard isn't clear yet.

I won't forget you guys :)

Liquidizer

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Actually that's not true. "Virgin", as applied to Olive Oil has to do with how it's produced, not it's quality. Free pressed, not processed. There are in fact Virgin Olive Oils rated 'not fit for human consumption' without refinement due to nasty junk fouling the taste.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_oil

Virgin forest is different too.

Since this is the first application of the term to juice, I guess the field's wide open as far as definitions go, but the Olive oil one doesn't fit.

Neither does Olive Oyl (Popeye's GF) for that matter, although it's entirely possible she too was a virgin? It was more popular back then.

OF

The idea was to suggest the superior quality associated with "Extra-virgin" olive oil, at least as the USDA defines it, but the analogy is a muddled and inaccurate one. Thanks!
  • U.S. Extra Virgin Olive Oil for oil with excellent flavor and odor and free fatty acid content of not more than 0.8g per 100g (0.8%);
  • U.S. Virgin Olive Oil for oil with reasonably good flavor and odor and free fatty acid content of not more than 2g per 100g (2%);

OF

The idea was to suggest the superior quality associated with "Extra-virgin" olive oil, at least as the USDA defines it, but the analogy is a muddled and inaccurate one. Thanks!
  • U.S. Extra Virgin Olive Oil for oil with excellent flavor and odor and free fatty acid content of not more than 0.8g per 100g (0.8%);
  • U.S. Virgin Olive Oil for oil with reasonably good flavor and odor and free fatty acid content of not more than 2g per 100g (2%);

Then 'extra' would be the operative term? Works for me.

But in oils 'virgin' means the same as 'organically grown' in produce does, or near about. It can mean a better grade, but not always.

In the case I cite above, refining the 'not fit from human consumption' grade of Virgin Olive Oil makes it more pure as a processed oil than it ever was as a Virgin oil. In fact, I think all Olive Oil starts out at Virgin in grade. It's either upgraded and sold, sold as is as "Virgin" or processed into a more pure version.

In a way, perhaps a bad area to enter looking for comparison since if I follow you're processing the Virgin oil (as they would define it)? IMO maybe it should better be called 'refined'.....refining can be a good thing too.

No big deal, but the link to 'Virgin' as an Olive Oil rating above is not correct I think. "Virgin" is not a measure of quality, but a labeling on it's production.

OF

OF,

ataxian

PALE BLUE DOT
OK I'm starting to wonder about all this?
I'm in to HOLISTIC living.
Pure CANNABIS FLOWERS VAPORIZED is the most natural way to medicate.
We prepare our own meals and use the best available ingredients possible as well.
I find that I like high end gourmet cooking to over season cooking with processed ingredients.
Just as with food left as natural as can be brings out the best flavors.
CANNABIS is more like that!

It's believable that well purged concentrates taste as good it gets.
I'm guilty as they come I've tried many combinations of EJUICE.
Very nice at first and even satisfying.
However very boring after a few days.

My Carts with pure well PURGED BLONDE WAX I let get down to about .2 then reload maintaining a level of 0.65 +/- 0.1 grams however I don't get the burnt pop corn flavor?
In fact my WAXES taste better than PURE GOLD even in the carts.
Down to the last rip!

I have made my own concentrates and lately they have been alright however the dispensary I frequent has much better ones if you have the $ to spare.

Having said that I like the simple set up they offer to make a concentrate.
Plus I see the monetary benefit from processing your own if you grow your own flowers.
That is pretty cool.

However a VAPE-PEN is just a power source and an attachment not the HOLY GRAIL.

All my best to them and their business endeavor!

Top Bottom