• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

The J-hook thread!

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
@Dynalowrider the Cane-Gun isn’t thick, it’s like most of them, but I still like it. Thanks to your love of anhydrous glass, I now have quite a few j-hooks myself. I got one and it turned into half a dozen! Do you have the link to the TAG piece? All I can find is an 8” with the trumpet mouthpiece.

I’m presuming you ordered the cane-gun piece that looks like a traditional j-hook? They also offer one they called “peanut style” but it conjures a completely different object to my mind. See what you think of this.

Ramahs

Fucking Combustion (mostly) Since February 2017
Here are the two J-Hooks I picked up recently (other items added for size comparison).
The top one is from TAG, and is 14mm. The bottom one I purchased used from someone over on r/Entexchange, and I don't know where it's from. I assume it's generic chinaglass.

I'm happy with both of them :tup:
IMG-0612.jpg

The 18mm works great with my Woodscents WonG from Ed's TnT! :rockon:
IMG-2236.jpg

Dynalowrider

hinglemccringleberry

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what is the smallest j-hook currently on the market? I want to try and shoehorn one into my hard shell Vapcap case but space is limited..

hinglemccringleberry,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Ramahs

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I dunno if this count as a j hook ,it is more of a Г-hook ...anyway they come empty,paid 10$ at LHS. Filled it with pink handsoap and looks great. Freezers makes it stick to my fingers and mouth i prefer the fridge :). It is 14mm ,i imagine it would look great with the Lotus .
HP-1183-2T.jpg

Last edited:

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Local Head Shop.

Around here head shops have been very hard to find for the last 10 or 15 years as there seemed to have been significant paraphernalia restrictions and aggressive consumer church based harassment. You could find cigarette papers at gas stations but the LHSs of old had been all but eliminated.

Now, somehow, there are ecig smoke shops EVERYWHERE, even 2 to a block in some areas, and they all seem to have plenty of traditional glass and HS goods that are obviously meant for cannabis consumption. Dunno what happened, but it all but happened overnight. It seems to be (ecig) vaping that did it but it has opened it all back up.

I really want a Lotus with a jhook, but the official jhook is out of stock in all european stores. Are there any stores in europe that sell 14,5mm jhooks? They are really hard to find here...

Abysmal Vapor

I really want a Lotus with a jhook, but the official jhook is out of stock in all european stores. Are there any stores in europe that sell 14,5mm jhooks? They are really hard to find here...
Which country are you located in ,you can PM me if you dont feel like disclosing in public? There are plenty of places that sell them :). I am building a list of european vapor and glass shops which i will post at some point when it is ready,hopefully it will be of help to people like you.

Which country are you located in ,you can PM me if you dont feel like disclosing in public? There are plenty of places that sell them :). I am building a list of european vapor and glass shops which i will post at some point when it is ready,hopefully it will be of help to people like you.

Germany, and I just found a shop that sells black leaf jhooks :)

Abysmal Vapor

Germany, and I just found a shop that sells black leaf jhooks :)
Ha-ha :)! Glad you found them it was going to be one of my recommendations. GL with your purchase :) ! Germany is the best place to look for glass in the EU. I've had positive experiences with head-nature.de,jelly-joker and black leafs official site.

Ramahs

You should try...the one I've got last year is sturdy and does the job perfectly.

I'm not talking about sturdiness...I'm talking about physical size.
Hell, the two I have now are too damn small, and the ones I've seen on DHGate look even smaller from the pics than what I already have.

This is what I currently have:
IMG-0267.jpg

almost there

Last edited:

Ramahs

You want something big, take a peek at this. It’s like a jhook shaped bong
https://www.grasscity.com/us_en/ws-connector-mouthpiece-for-precoolers.html

I picked up one of these for a friend and it’s as big as my forearm, lol

Yeah, that looks like the Black Leaf one. There is a Cane-Gun one that is similar. I've looked at them both in the past. They're still a bit shorter than I wanted.

I want more of a long Churchwarden style J-hook, with a stem longer than 12-inches...but I don't really want the wide mouth. I still want a smaller tip to put to my lips.

Been thinking about just ordering one of OregonGlassBlower's j-hooks, as he will custom-make one in a custom length if requested.

https://www.oregonglassblower.com/GLASS-MOUTHPIECES-and-J-HOOKS_c42.htm

I'm thinking this one in particular that in at least 16, or maybe even 18 inches long:
https://www.oregonglassblower.com/14mm-GLASS-J-HOOK-Angled-Female-Curved-14jhafc.htm

...in fact, I just emailed them to inquire about what that would cost me.

**edit**
Just for shits & giggles, I just ordered one of those widemouth ones you linked to above, @almost there , because fuck-it, why not at that price? :razz:
It'll still have a place in my now-expending j-hook collection.

**edit #2**
Ooohhh...I just heard back from https://www.oregonglassblower.com/ . They replied to my email within an hour on a Saturday. Much respect to them for that. :rockon::rockon::rockon:

The one on their website is 7 inches, and he only wants $5 more to make me one that's 16-inches! After shipping, it'll be less than $50. I think I shall order one in a couple weeks when I have some spare funds!

Last edited:
Top Bottom